PDA

View Full Version : TRADE LARRY JOHNSON NOW!

MadMax
09-18-2005, 09:43 PM
This coaching staff has no clue and should trade him to someone who will let him play PERIOD!!! What a ****IN JOKE. I don't see him wantin to be here anyway and I don't blame him....I'm happy we won the game but this is a travesty. Go ahead and flame away you won't ruin my night, we won haha in spite of our moronic coaching staff....

Phobia
09-18-2005, 09:46 PM
DAMMIT CARL!!!!!11

MadMax
09-18-2005, 09:49 PM
DAMMIT CARL!!!!!11

LOL yea him too! Don't ruin my buzz damnit!!!!

Dartgod
09-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Your and idiot.

Deberg_1990
09-18-2005, 09:51 PM
relax......LJ wont start until Priest retires or is on his deathbed.

Pitt Gorilla
09-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Your and idiot.Ok, that was funny.

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 09:56 PM
While I don't agree with trading away LJ, Al doesn't know when or how to use LJ effictively. DV needs to step in and say give LJ the ball.

Rain Man
09-18-2005, 09:58 PM
We're 2-0. Don't make me stop this car.

Shox
09-18-2005, 09:59 PM
LJ is clearly a better RB. I am a huge Holmes fan, but it is obvious LJ in the lineup more would make the Chiefs a better team. I hope DV loyalty does not cost us a shot at a SB.

Otter
09-18-2005, 09:59 PM
I hereby make a motion to have all new members pass an IQ test before acceptance to the forums.

otter
~slipping by on the grandfather clause

MadMax
09-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Your and idiot.

OK. now you've screwed with my buzz...Why am I an idiot?

Phobia
09-18-2005, 10:03 PM
I hereby make a motion to have all new members pass an IQ test before acceptance to the forums.

otter
~slipping by on the grandfather clause

I'm thinking a breathalizer might be more appropo in this case.

BigRedChief
Priest looked really slow after he went out with the injury. I don't understand why LJ didn't get more carries. He averaged 4.9 yards a carry. He just looked alot faster out there. But a win in the black hole is a sweet win.

MadMax
While I don't agree with trading away LJ, Al doesn't know when or how to use LJ effictively. DV needs to step in and say give LJ the ball.

Would I really want them to trade him ??? :p I was trying to make a point. :banghead:

KC Jones
09-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Would I really want them to trade him ??? :p I was trying to make a point. :banghead:

That you're an idiot?

Congratulations I guess :shrug:

:evil:

jspchief
09-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Man, it sure sucks to win with the wrong RB in the game.

4th and Long
09-18-2005, 10:07 PM
We won. Kwitcherbitchin. :p

Hoover
09-18-2005, 10:09 PM
While I would have ran LJ more tonight, there is no way you trade him, and its just one game, and he did get a TD. Its not like Holmes got 30 carries and a ton of yards. We were on the road and did what it took to win the game.

Pitt Gorilla
09-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Didn't Priest have a higher YPA or YPC tonight?

penchief
09-18-2005, 10:10 PM
LJ is clearly a better RB. I am a huge Holmes fan, but it is obvious LJ in the lineup more would make the Chiefs a better team. I hope DV loyalty does not cost us a shot at a SB.

IMO, it's both loyalty and stubborness. I wouldn't blame LJ if he took the first plane out of KC. I hope not because I see him taking it to the house for either the Raiders or the Cowboys.

MadMax
09-18-2005, 10:11 PM
That you're an idiot?

Congratulations I guess :shrug:

:evil:

Cool, do I win something?? :p Hard to hang with all the GANIOUSES here :shake:

Scalper
09-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Trade away LJ? Hahah. Priest i respect the guy, BUT! if given the situation, that the chiefs were facing tonight, I would have put in LJ. Look at the stats, he was averaging way more yards, with the ball, then priest was. Is it me or did Larry look like a runner who fits best against that D?

MadMax
09-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Didn't Priest have a higher YPA or YPC tonight?

I think he just had more carries :hmmm: But feel free to slam me that seems to be your forte'

Scalper
09-18-2005, 10:14 PM
man i am drunk

Scalper
09-18-2005, 10:15 PM
**** the BS. The Chiefs are 2-0!

Wile_E_Coyote
09-18-2005, 10:15 PM
LJ almost got into a fight when he was stuffed on the the 3 & 1. There may have been a worry he would get a penalty

MadMax
09-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Seriously folks I really don't want us to trade LJ and I love thr Priest he has done sooo much for us the last few years.. I just thought this game plan shoulda called for a healthy dose of LJ... Thats all no need for hostilities we won and i'm VERY happy about that...:-)

The Bad Guy
09-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Can we trade you to another BB?

Posts like this after wins are why some Chiefs fans suck.

nychief
09-18-2005, 10:19 PM

how is that? He has scored 3 tds in two weeks and rushed for 150+ yards... prettu effective in my book.

Skip Towne
IMO, it's both loyalty and stubborness. I wouldn't blame LJ if he took the first plane out of KC. I hope not because I see him taking it to the house for either the Raiders or the Cowboys.
That's EXACTLY what is going to happen. VD is a senile old f*cker. But what does he care, he won't be here.

MadMax
Oh and I will refuse a breathelizer cause i'm at home and I can...so there!

MadMax
09-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Can we trade you to another BB?

Posts like this after wins are why some Chiefs fans suck.
My God asshole develop a sense of humor!!!!

tk13
09-18-2005, 10:24 PM
I thought Priest looked great in the 2nd half after we got away from running horizontally and started actually running downhill with him. I don't see the problem.

RealSNR
09-18-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm thinking a breathalizer might be more appropo in this case.Does that mean we permanently ban ENDelt?

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 10:25 PM
how is that? He has scored 3 tds in two weeks and rushed for 150+ yards... prettu effective in my book.

Because in the 2nd half he had like 3 carries and in one series they threw 2 passes and freaking reverse to Kris Wilson instead of giving the ball to LJ.

IT is very well known fact that Al doesn't like LJ and I think it is showing in his playcalling.

Mr. Kotter
09-18-2005, 10:27 PM
This coaching staff has no clue and should trade him to someone who will let him play PERIOD!!! What a ****IN JOKE. I don't see him wantin to be here anyway and I don't blame him....I'm happy we won the game but this is a travesty. Go ahead and flame away you won't ruin my night, we won haha in spite of our moronic coaching staff....

Dude, chill. It was a tough road game. We won. That's all that matters.

Priest and LJ seem to be handling the arrangement better than many of us. :rolleyes:

MadMax
09-18-2005, 10:30 PM
That's EXACTLY what is going to happen. VD is a senile old f*cker. But what does he care, he won't be here.

YEP yep yep you see the same things, but they don't dogpile on you here for saying it LOL That's why I admire your style... I dunno good win either way I guess, just thought it shouldn't have even been close.

Mr. Kotter
09-18-2005, 10:30 PM

Teams are still game-planning for Priest. Anyone who's coached even Pee-Wee level can friggin' see that. That means, LJ is the beneficiary of that. If LJ was number one, teams would game plan for him.

Both LJ and Priest are good backs. I honestly think we can pull this two-headed monster thing off like few NFL teams have had the luxury to recently; as long as both LJ and Priest are okay with it, it should be fun.

That's the facts, man. :rolleyes:

MadMax
09-18-2005, 10:31 PM

Priest and LJ seem to be handling the arrangement better than many of us. :rolleyes:

It's cool, I'm chillin.. :p ANY win over the Raiders is a good win. :)

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Teams are still game-planning for Priest. Anyone who's coached even Pee-Wee level can friggin' see that. That means, LJ is the beneficiary of that. If LJ was number one, teams would game plan for him.

Both LJ and Priest are good backs. I honestly think we can pull this two-headed monster thing off like few NFL teams have had the luxury to recently; as long as both LJ and Priest are okay with it, it should be fun.

That's the facts, man. :rolleyes:

I respectfully disagree Rob. Priest looks old and slow while LJ hits the hole like a rocket and just plains run over people. LJ clearly IMO is the better back.

chiefsfan1963
09-18-2005, 10:36 PM
If LJ averages 20 touches a game, we will go the distance!

Most people are just tickled being 2-0, most are very short sighted about what's ahead.

Both Trent and the D need LJ to have 20 touches, it will prove too much pressure on them down the road if LJ does not get them.

wkchief
09-18-2005, 10:37 PM
They are just different style runners. Late in the game when we need first downs priest gave us a couple.

tk13
09-18-2005, 10:38 PM
I respectfully disagree Rob. Priest looks old and slow while LJ hits the hole like a rocket and just plains run over people. LJ clearly IMO is the better back.
Old and slow? Are you serious? That one Oakland player is still looking for his jockstrap after that juke Priest put on him on that draw play in the 4th quarter...

penchief
09-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Man, it sure sucks to win with the wrong RB in the game.

We won in spite of Saunders' shitty play-calling. I love Priest but he gets stuffed way too much. If it weren't for the 20 yard run that iced the game what would Priest's game have looked like? 3yds per carry?

Not only that, but it appears that Priest is starting to pull a Franco Harris on us. He's running out of bounds to avoid the hit even if he's a yard shy of the first down.

LJ needs to be given the ball more for the sake of our season. He also needs to be rewarded for his performance in consideration of our long-term success. A team that doesn't base playing time on merit is destined for failure, IMHO.

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Old and slow? Are you serious? That one Oakland player is still looking for his jockstrap after that juke Priest put on him on that draw play in the 4th quarter...

Yep very serious. I hate to quote TJ but IMO Priest has "lost his burst". He just doesn't look quick like he used to. Even last year he would explode through the hole this year he just looks slow. He had 20 carries for 75 yds tonight and probably 17 of them were for 1-2 yds at best.

Just my .02 cents.

MadMax
09-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Oh and please to the dude that wants an IQ test for new members I would welcome that and like to see you take it also.... You know since you seem to have all the answers and shit... BTW genious i'm not new.

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 10:44 PM
We won in spite of Saunders' shitty play-calling. I love Priest but he gets stuffed way too much. If it weren't for the 20 yard run that iced the game what would Priest's game have looked like? 3yds per carry?

Not only that, but it appears that Priest is starting to pull a Franco Harris on us. He's running out of bounds to avoid the hit even if he's a yard shy of the first down.

LJ needs to be given the ball more for the sake of our season. He also needs to be rewarded for his performance in consideration of our long-term success. A team that doesn't base playing time on merit is destined for failure, IMHO.

Totally 100% agree. I think Priest is trying too hard to stay healthy for the entire season and I think that maybe part of his problem.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
09-18-2005, 10:45 PM
lJ has a better shot with the power running than Priest does when our scrubs up front cant block. Should have been LJ in there tonight getting the most carries (especially in the second half).

Earthling
09-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Wasn't it nice to know LJ was there when Priest had his bell rung and was out temporarily..? And when push came to shove and the Chiefs HAD to get a first down to seal the victory Holmes was the man, even with everyone knowing we were going to run the ball. I like having them both.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-18-2005, 10:51 PM
LJ may have earned a little bench time for not being to smart while out on the town

tk13
I'm not sure I agree with anybody on the board. I thought Priest was the one who got shafted by Al, he kept running those sweeps and pitches in the first half, and our tackles were getting owned and allowing penetration, Priest never had anywhere to go. As soon as LJ came in we'd start running downhill, although in the 2nd half LJ got owned by Ted Washington.

Priest had 11 carries for 64 yards in the 2nd half tonight. I thought he looked like Priest Holmes, hadn't lost a step. Juked that one guy out of his socks on that one play, and had a great run to finish off the game, I thought he looked good out there. Am I the only one?

MadMax
Wasn't it nice to know LJ was there when Priest had his bell rung and was out temporarily..? And when push came to shove and the Chiefs HAD to get a first down to seal the victory Holmes was the man, even with everyone knowing we were going to run the ball. I like having them both.

ABSOLUTELY, no question bout that. :clap:

chiefsfan1963
09-18-2005, 10:53 PM
LJ got 9 touches again! That is just wrong! This game would not have been close enough in the 4th Q for Oakland to be able to win with one TD if LJ had 20 touches! This will prove to be our undoing in 2005 if we don't change this trend soon! The last 3 years our undoing was the lack of talent on D! In 2005 it will be not playing our best back because of loyalty! That will be very sad for us all!

Mr. Kotter
09-18-2005, 10:54 PM

I don't disagree that LJ is a great back. But I'm tellin' you.....teams game-plan for Priest, his slashing/pick-the hole/follow my blocks style. Did you see him in open space? He hasn't lost a step.....he's got the same acceleration of old; it's just that LJ's lower-your-should/run-over-'em and slide past 'em style (Dickerson, J. Lewis, etc) is quite a contrast.

I would be willin' to be the farm---we could reverse LJ and Priest as #1 and #2.....and the situation would reverse itself because of game-planning by the opposition. I could be wrong, but I bet I'm not. :hmmm:

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm not sure I agree with anybody on the board. I thought Priest was the one who got shafted by Al, he kept running those sweeps and pitches in the first half, and our tackles were getting owned and allowing penetration, Priest never had anywhere to go. As soon as LJ came in we'd start running downhill, although in the 2nd half LJ got owned by Ted Washington.

Priest had 11 carries for 64 yards in the 2nd half tonight. I thought he looked like Priest Holmes, hadn't lost a step. Juked that one guy out of his socks on that one play, and had a great run to finish off the game, I thought he looked good out there. Am I the only one?

I agree about Al's playcalling but that is Priest's game, he is not a between the tackles runner, LJ is. LJ got stopped on 1 run by Washington and the other 8 carries he got were all over 5 yards a run.

What they should have done was to come out throwing the ball and then turn to the running game and that might have opened up the running lanes for Priest.

Logical
09-18-2005, 10:55 PM
We're 2-0. Don't make me stop this car.No joke I cannot even find a fault after beating our most hated rival and surving the 2nd coming of Christ (according to Sterling Sharpe) Randy Moss.

MyChiefConcern
09-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Priest's strength is running along the perimeter and finding a seam.

Larry's is running between the tackles.

When you're dealing with a seriously banged up offensive line, the perimter running game ain't gonna work, and it didn't tonight. Larry should have gotten more than 9 carries. No question.

penchief
09-18-2005, 10:58 PM

I agree. I think that the only way we are successful this year is if both produce big time.

However, where I disagree is when it comes to the rotation. LJ is the key to our future and our present success (along with Priest). When a player merits more playing time than he is getting but doesn't get it, not only does it jeopardize our current chances but it also jeopardizes our future by alienating our future star. Don't think that LJ doesn't know right from wrong. He knows he's been shortchanged since he's been here and I'd be surprised if he has any loyalty left by the time his contract is up. DV and Saunders are pissing away our future because they are too damn stubborn to admit that a player might make more of a difference than their scheme.

Mr. Kotter
09-18-2005, 10:58 PM
If LJ averages 20 touches a game, we will go the distance!

Most people are just tickled being 2-0, most are very short sighted about what's ahead.

Both Trent and the D need LJ to have 20 touches, it will prove too much pressure on them down the road if LJ does not get them.

Do you guys understand the concept of game-planning?

If LJ gets 20 touches, the opposition spends 60-70% of the time figuring out a way to stop the guy. And good teams WILL stop the guy....at the expense of allowing Green-to-Gonzo play action, or Priest's more patient and use-your-blocker style.

Raiderhater
09-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Will the insanity never end?

Well, let us compare merit then. You compare all of the things Priest has done for us, and all of the things LJ has done for us, and tell me who you honestly believe deserves the starting spot.

Frankly, I thought LJ looked a tad slower tonight than usual. The running game just was not our strength this evening.

You would think people would learn to quit counting Priest out. He was demoted at UT in favor of Ricky Williams, demoted in Baltimore for Jamal Lewis, and questioned about his return after his hip injury here. The man just keeps coming back and producing. Alot of you are going to eat crow this season when you look back and realize that Priest was every bit as vital as LJ in the success of our season.

WE WON TONIGHT GODF#CKINGDAMNIT! I don't care which RB got the most touches, I don't care how many all world WRs are playing against poor pass defenses, I don't care how shitty one of the teams may be, the odds of the game being a blow out were minimal, at best. This is the Chiefs raiders rivalry here, LJ more than likely would not have put this game away any more so than Priest did.

And I'd much rather take the experienced veteran in this type of game over the young stud. This is not an easy game to play, let alone walk away from victorious. SO EVERYBODY SHUT THE F#CK UP!

Goddamned, we beat the raiders in their home opener and I log onto the Planet to find this assanine "controversey" taking place. Shoot me now, just shoot me right the f#ck now.

dirk digler
I would be willin' to be the farm---we could reverse LJ and Priest as #1 and #2.....and the situation would reverse itself because of game-planning by the opposition. I could be wrong, but I bet I'm not. :hmmm:

I would take that bet because LJ was the starter the last 6 games of last season and he was pretty successfull wasn't he?

MadMax
No joke I cannot even find a fault after beating our most hated rival and surving the 2nd coming of Christ (according to Sterling Sharpe) Randy Moss.

But Sterling liked what he was seeing!!! :p

Pants
09-18-2005, 11:00 PM

Dude, WTF are you talking about? They both got stuffed today, Priest got stuffed more since he had more carries. Their YPC differed by 1 yd. and that's only because Priest had more carries... Our running game sucked tonight, yet we still pulled a win, good times.

Mr. Kotter
09-18-2005, 11:01 PM
No shit, ya'all.....is anyone else convinced that Sterling Sharpe and Randy Moss are gay lovers, after the way he slobbered all over his knob tonight...even the other announcer was givin' him chit about it, by the end of the broadcast... ROFL

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Do you guys understand the concept of game-planning?

If LJ gets 20 touches, the opposition spends 60-70% of the time figuring out a way to stop the guy. And good teams WILL stop the guy....at the expense of allowing Green-to-Gonzo play action, or Priest's more patient and use-your-blocker style.

Yes.

Busted loose for 541 rushing yards and nine TDs over the last six games of the 2004 season

Averaged 90.4 yds a game when teams "game planned" for him last season.

Mr. Kotter
09-18-2005, 11:03 PM
I would take that bet because LJ was the starter the last 6 games of last season and he was pretty successfull wasn't he?

Sure he was. But go back and look at that schedule, home and away games....Priest would've broken his own TD record had he not gotten injured, IMO. :)

Raiderhater
09-18-2005, 11:04 PM

No, you are not the only sane person left on this board.

Not that my agreeing with you puts me in that catagory. :D

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Dude, WTF are you talking about? They both got stuffed today, Priest got stuffed more since he had more carries. Their YPC differed by 1 yd. and that's only because Priest had more carries... Our running game sucked tonight, yet we still pulled a win, good times.

I guess I don't called 9 carries for 41 yds and 1 TD stuffed. That is a 4.55 yd per carry. IMO that is pretty damn good.

Mr. Kotter
09-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Yes.

Averaged 90.4 yds a game when teams "game planned" for him last season.

And Priest's average (when healthy) over the last 3-4 years is better than that. Check it yourself. :)

tk13
09-18-2005, 11:05 PM
I think all you people are insane. We started playing to our personnel and running vertically with Priest in the 2nd half and he averaged almost 6 yards a carry. Hurry, let's put him in the old folks home so we can burn out Larry Johnson.

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Sure he was. But go back and look at that schedule, home and away games....Priest would've broken his own TD record had he not gotten injured, IMO. :)

No doubt. I think Priest had 15 TD's by Week 7 or 8 when he got injured.

But IMO, we aren't seeing the Priest from last season the guy just looks slow to me.

Mr. Kotter
No, you are not the only sane person left on this board.

Not that my agreeing with you puts me in that catagory. :D

Guess that makes three of us. :D

MadMax
No shit, ya'all.....is anyone else convinced that Sterling Sharpe and Randy Moss are gay lovers, after the way he slobbered all over his knob tonight...even the other announcer was givin' him chit about it, by the end of the broadcast... ROFL

No, I think Mr. Sharpe was just giving respect to a man he thought merited such respect...I apologize to Mr. Sharpe for having to endure the wrath of rabid Chiefs fans who seem to be unreasonable. :p :p

Now i need to wash my mouth out with industrial strength soap cause I feel icky..

Raiderhater
09-18-2005, 11:07 PM

Yes they are. And thank God for that.

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Yes they are. And thank God for that.

It won't last long if LJ only gets 9 carries a game.

penchief
09-18-2005, 11:11 PM
This is a moot argument. The season will sort this out. I'd bet anyone who wants to bet me that LJ continues to play better than Priest, game in and game out.

If anybody wants that bet, I'll take it. LJ looks better all the way around. He averages more ypc, more TD's per carry, more long runs, and exhibits more power and speed. I love Priest but LJ deserves more carries. It would make our team better.

Tonights game was closer than it should have been and we risked losing it at the end because we are too stubborn to utilize our offensive weapons in the most effective way.

JMHO.

Mr. Kotter
09-18-2005, 11:11 PM

But IMO, we aren't seeing the Priest from last season the guy just looks slow to me.

JMHO.

Priest is that RARE back who understands the need to be patient, when to accelerate, and when to go balls-to-the-wall......and he's taught LJ a lot--a helluva a lot, IMO.....but Priest has NOT lost a step.

If you recorded it, like me.....go back and check his longer runs.....he waltzes past those defenders like they are standin' still. He has what coaches call "sneaky" or "deceptive" speed. And he STILL has it.

Yes, LJ can run OVER guys....and between the tackles, LJ should be our guy. Agreed. But has LJ over-taken Priest "yet?" I think not. It may still come this year, but Priest "looks" every bit as good as he has the last three years......IMHO. :)

Raiderhater
09-18-2005, 11:13 PM

Why don't you all put LJ's jock down for a minute and try using your heads...

Ya'll keep saying that Priest does not look the Priest of old - can I remind you that right before LJ ripped off a 35 yard play for a TD last week, Priest ripped off a run of equal length just the play before? Do you wish to take that into consideration? Or do you wish to ignore it like you have been in this redamndiculous controversey since last week.

Priest is fine. You all just have your heads so far up LJ's ass that you look a bit like Sterling did with Randy this evening. Maybe not quite that bad, but you sure as hell are trying to get there.

chiefsfan1963
09-18-2005, 11:14 PM
LJ is doing the most with the crumbs he gets! Until LJ is given the lionshare of the touches we can not fully understand what he is capable of. If he gets 20 touches and becomes an intergral part of our O, I believe he will be more productive than Priest was in his prime!

Until he gets the touches game after game after game, only then will we find this out!

Give him the freakin ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this doesn't happen soon I can see us dropping our next 2 games. That would be a crying shame!

Let's don't press our luck! Give LJ the BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buddha
09-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Amazing...KC is 2-0 and some dumb ass is worried about how the RBs were used? Wow...welcome to the land of the galatically stupid.

Raiderhater
09-18-2005, 11:16 PM
It won't last long if LJ only gets 9 carries a game.

Don't sell him short. Especially if we continue to win.

tk13
09-18-2005, 11:17 PM
This is a moot argument. The season will sort this out. I'd bet anyone who wants to bet me that LJ continues to play better than Priest, game in and game out.

If anybody wants that bet, I'll take it. LJ looks better all the way around. He averages more ypc, more TD's per carry, more long runs, and exhibits more power and speed. I love Priest but LJ deserves more carries. It would make our team better.

Tonights game was closer than it should have been and we risked losing it at the end because we are too stubborn to utilize our offensive weapons in the most effective way.

JMHO.
The reason we almost lost the game was because we made too many mistakes on 3rd down, dropped balls, bad passes, fumbles. The Raiders have a good run D, I don't think the RB's are nearly as much as fault as our passing game against a defense we should've abused through the air, they've got DE's playing LB and LB's playing safety.

MadMax
09-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Amazing...KC is 2-0 and some dumb ass is worried about how the RBs were used? Wow...welcome to the land of the galatically stupid.

Not even worthy of comment!! STFU

arrowheadrocks
Will the insanity never end?

Well, let us compare merit then. You compare all of the things Priest has done for us, and all of the things LJ has done for us, and tell me who you honestly believe deserves the starting spot.

Frankly, I thought LJ looked a tad slower tonight than usual. The running game just was not our strength this evening.

You would think people would learn to quit counting Priest out. He was demoted at UT in favor of Ricky Williams, demoted in Baltimore for Jamal Lewis, and questioned about his return after his hip injury here. The man just keeps coming back and producing. Alot of you are going to eat crow this season when you look back and realize that Priest was every bit as vital as LJ in the success of our season.

WE WON TONIGHT GODF#CKINGDAMNIT! I don't care which RB got the most touches, I don't care how many all world WRs are playing against poor pass defenses, I don't care how shitty one of the teams may be, the odds of the game being a blow out were minimal, at best. This is the Chiefs raiders rivalry here, LJ more than likely would not have put this game away any more so than Priest did.

And I'd much rather take the experienced veteran in this type of game over the young stud. This is not an easy game to play, let alone walk away from victorious. SO EVERYBODY SHUT THE F#CK UP!

Goddamned, we beat the raiders in their home opener and I log onto the Planet to find this assanine "controversey" taking place. Shoot me now, just shoot me right the f#ck now.

BANG!! *then turns the gun on himself*

Demonpenz
priest sealed the game up on a play that johnson would have banged up the middle for 4 yards. Yeah keep on doubting priest. It just makes him stronger

Chief Chief
09-18-2005, 11:20 PM
KC was trying to run outside with Priest to keep him away from running into the extremely obese and out-of-shape Sapp and the other big interior linemen who would flatten him like a pancake...but the Faders were stopping the outside run fairly effectively. That's when LJ should have been put in...to run straight ahead and take on the fat freaks!

Mr. Kotter
LJ is doing the most with the crumbs he gets! Until LJ is given the lionshare of the touches we can not fully understand what he is capable of. If he gets 20 touches and becomes an intergral part of our O, I believe he will be more productive than Priest was in his prime!

Until he gets the touches game after game after game, only then will we find this out!

Give him the freakin ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this doesn't happen soon I can see us dropping our next 2 games. That would be a crying shame!

Let's don't press our luck! Give LJ the BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what....given Priest's injury history, I suspect you will get your wish. And, although I expect LJ to have great games.....he won't do anything Priest routinely didn't do last year and the year before. LJ is a very, very good back.

I guarantee teams will figure out a way to STOP him though, if they have to. Even if it comes at the expense of TG or Kennison or Dante havin' monster games.

Isn't it great, being in the position of having the opposition have to "pick their poison"???? :thumb:

ROFL

Raiderhater

JMHO.

Tonight's game was not closer than it should have been. We risked losing it because of who we were playing. Look at the series history and tell me how many times one team has dominated the other. Good freaking God people, you are making mountains out of mole hills. Hell not even mole hills, ant hills. Sheesh. How about a little f#cking perspective here? But then, that wouldn't fit your agenda, would it?

The LAST thing we need this season is a RB controversey. SO QUIT TRYING TO CREATE ONE!

penchief
09-18-2005, 11:21 PM
The reason we almost lost the game was because we made too many mistakes on 3rd down, dropped balls, bad passes, fumbles. The Raiders have a good run D, I don't think the RB's are nearly as much as fault as our passing game against a defense we should've abused through the air, they've got DE's playing LB and LB's playing safety.

And not using our assets (LJ) on third and one instead of hoping Priest can pick and dart his way to the sideline for a first down.

Straight, No Chaser
09-18-2005, 11:22 PM

Please STFU

The game's over. Go back to your van (down by the river).

--->

Raiderhater
09-18-2005, 11:24 PM
KC was trying to run outside with Priest to keep him away from running into the extremely obese and out-of-shape Sapp and the other big interior linemen who would flatten him like a pancake...but the Faders were stopping the outside run fairly effectively. That's when LJ should have been put in...to run straight ahead and take on the fat freaks!

Yeah, we saw how well LJ ran against one of those fat freaks...

SPLAT!

stevieray

JMHO.

I'll take this bet. Name it.

Not only based on my faith in Priest, but also because you're trying to create a problem that doesn't exist.

Mr. Kotter
Don't sell him short. Especially if we continue to win.

No chit. I can see LJ finishing the year with the highest average yards per carry in over 10-15 years.

The ONLY way that happens though, is if Priest continues to be effective.

It's the best "thunder-lightning" combination since Blier-Harris and Morris-Csonka days, IMO.

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 11:25 PM
JMHO.

Priest is that RARE back who understands the need to be patient, when to accelerate, and when to go balls-to-the-wall......and he's taught LJ a lot--a helluva a lot, IMO.....but Priest has NOT lost a step.

If you recorded it, like me.....go back and check his longer runs.....he waltzes past those defenders like they are standin' still. He has what coaches call "sneaky" or "deceptive" speed. And he STILL has it.

Yes, LJ can run OVER guys....and between the tackles, LJ should be our guy. Agreed. But has LJ over-taken Priest "yet?" I think not. It may still come this year, but Priest "looks" every bit as good as he has the last three years......IMHO. :)

Rob great points and I did record the game so I will go back and take a look.

Maybe the reason I like LJ is that he is the home-run hitter, the guy that can bust a 99 yd run without being caught, the guy that can bust a 40yd TD run without being touched once.

I guess I like instant gratification instead of slow and steady.
:)

MadMax
09-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Please STFU

The game's over. Go back to your van (down by the river).

--->

Dude read the thread a lil before you pop off with retarded comments! :shake: Jeezus I just knew this was gonna bring out the janitors.... too funny! :p

penchief
09-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Tonight's game was not closer than it should have been. We risked losing it because of who we were playing. Look at the series history and tell me how many times one team has dominated the other. Good freaking God people, you are making mountains out of mole hills. Hell not even mole hills, ant hills. Sheesh. How about a little f#cking perspective here? But then, that wouldn't fit your agenda, would it?

The LAST thing we need this season is a RB controversey. SO QUIT TRYING TO CREATE ONE!

And shitty, shitty play calling on third down because we were too stubborn to utilize the proper players in those situations. If the Raiders run D is the reason for our lack of success on third down then we should have tried something different than what continued to fail. The most likely formula for success would have been LJ powering straight ahead for a yard similar to the way he blew three Jet defenders on their asses when scoring that 4yd TD last week.

Rausch
09-18-2005, 11:28 PM
No chit. I can see LJ finishing the year with the highest average yards per carry in over 10-15 years.

It's the best "thunder-lightning" combination since Blier-Harris and Morris-Csonka days, IMO.

Someone should hook up some jumper cables to your testicles for not throwing Word/Okoye in there...

tk13
09-18-2005, 11:30 PM
And not using our assets (LJ) on third and one instead of hoping Priest can pick and dart his way to the sideline for a first down.
Looking over the play log, Priest was 4-5 in those situations. He converted two 4th and 1's, and two 3rd and 1's. Larry Johnson was 0-1 in those situations, he got stuffed on a 3rd and 1 and we had to punt.

Straight, No Chaser
Dude read the thread a lil before you pop off with retarded comments! :shake: Jeezus I just knew this was gonna bring out the janitors.... too funny! :p

read your thread starter! you're the one popping off... dude or is it dude-ette?

Yes, this coaching staff doesn't have a clue Max, about anything except being 2-0

As I suggested, the van is waiting :bong:

---->

Logical
Someone should hook up some jumper cables to your testicles for not throwing Word/Okoye in there...Seriously Word/Okoye was more like Little Thunder/Big Thunder

stevieray
And shitty, shitty play calling on third down because we were too stubborn to utilize the proper players in those situations. If the Raiders run D is the reason for our lack of success on third down then we should have tried something different than what continued to fail. The most likely formula for success would have been LJ powering straight ahead for a yard similar to the way he blew three Jet defenders on their asses when scoring that 4yd TD last week.

woulda coulda shoulda.... ROFL

what's the bet?

penchief
Yeah, we saw how well LJ ran against one of those fat freaks...

SPLAT!

LJ gets stuffed once and you want to act like Priest doesn't get stuffed a half dozen times a game or more? Holmes gets stuffed on percentage far more often than Johnson does.

|Zach|
09-18-2005, 11:31 PM
This take is "tuckdaddy" quality.

penchief
09-18-2005, 11:32 PM

I agree but the team is going to be far more effective if the ratio is 50/50 rather than the current ratio.

Mr. Kotter
09-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Rob great points and I did record the game so I will go back and take a look.

Maybe the reason I like LJ is that he is the home-run hitter, the guy that can bust a 99 yd run without being caught, the guy that can bust a 40yd TD run without being touched once.

I guess I like instant gratification instead of slow and steady.
:)

Hey, dirk....

I like the instant gratification-quickie as much as anyone; but I'll tell you what.....

If Priest and LJ team for 138 yds next Monday versus the Donkeys; and Green passes a paltry 237 for 2 TDs.....I like our chances. Because, unless we have two or more turnovers....we will have controlled the clock (like tonight), and very likely we would have been in the game until the final drive--which is all one can really ask of a tough road game against a rival as hated as the Faders or Donkeys.

I said, 2-2 after the first four....I'd be happy; now all I'm prayin' is that we'll pull one of the next two out.

Check our second half of the season's schedule--given this start.... :)

Logical
09-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Man life is sweet when the controversy is between a proven Great Back Priest and a potenially Great Back LJ. I will admit that two years ago you would have never convinced me this would be an issue.:p

Raiderhater
09-18-2005, 11:36 PM

Hey, I've been bitching about Saunders' play calling for a year or two now, so you are preaching to the converted on this one.

I do find it funny though, most of you who want LJ to get more carries want to use Priest as a short yardage back, and now you are advocating we should use LJ in that scenario. That's funny.

Especially when Priest is just as effective in between the tackles on a short yardage or endzone play, if not more so.

MadMax
09-18-2005, 11:37 PM
read your thread starter! you're the one popping off... dude or is it dude-ette?

Yes, this coaching staff doesn't have clue Max, about anything except being 2-0

As I suggested, the van is waiting.

---->

Maybe it is.. And maybe it's waiting for you.. I still believe what I said this coaching staff seems clueless sometimes, yes we are 2-0 but go ahead and attack me just because I see things different than you. I am happy winning but we WONT win against better teams unless we use our weapons more effectively.... JMHO so is you disagree that is not a reason to dis me.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2005, 11:37 PM
This is a bullshit thread. LJ will get his time, Priest is still the #1 back. Gosh, we just won tonight and just reading the freaking Planet you would swear we lost by 42.

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 11:39 PM
I agree but the team is going to be far more effective if the ratio is 50/50 rather than the current ratio.

Yep.

AS far as next week goes both Priest and LJ have dominated the Broncos. Both had 150 yds rushing games last season against the Donkeys.

chiefsfan1963
09-18-2005, 11:40 PM
You know what....given Priest's injury history, I suspect you will get your wish. And, although I expect LJ to have great games.....he won't do anything Priest routinely didn't do last year and the year before. LJ is a very, very good back.

I guarantee teams will figure out a way to STOP him though, if they have to. Even if it comes at the expense of TG or Kennison or Dante havin' monster games.

Isn't it great, being in the position of having the opposition have to "pick their poison"???? :thumb:

ROFL

Just give him that chance sir! We'll see who's right afterwards!

Raiderhater
09-18-2005, 11:40 PM
LJ gets stuffed once and you want to act like Priest doesn't get stuffed a half dozen times a game or more? Holmes gets stuffed on percentage far more often than Johnson does.

My response was to a certain situation as posted by someone else. No where have I denied that Priest takes his fair share of stuffings. Of course he also gets more touches too. I think you would see LJ get stuffed a bit more often if he had the majority of the carries. Equal opportunity to gain yards is also equal opportunity to gain no yards, or even lose them. Something to think about.

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Hey, dirk....

I like the instant gratification-quickie as much as anyone; but I'll tell you what.....

If Priest and LJ team for 138 yds next Monday versus the Donkeys; and Green passes a paltry 237 for 2 TDs.....I like our chances. Because, unless we have two or more turnovers....we will have controlled the clock (like tonight), and very likely we would have been in the game until the final drive--which is all one can really ask of a tough road game against a rival as hated as the Faders or Donkeys.

I said, 2-2 after the first four....I'd be happy; now all I'm prayin' is that we'll pull one of the next two out.

Check our second half of the season's schedule--given this start.... :)

I'd take that anyday.

IF we win next Monday night the division is ours to lose.

|Zach|
09-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Man life is sweet when the controversy is between a proven Great Back Priest and a potenially Great Back LJ. I will admit that two years ago you would have never convinced me this would be an issue.:p
I have been in LJ's corner all along!

I will raise my banner high.

Raiderhater
09-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Maybe it is.. And maybe it's waiting for you.. I still believe what I said this coaching staff seems clueless sometimes, yes we are 2-0 but go ahead and attack me just because I see things different than you. I am happy winning but we WONT win against better teams unless we use our weapons more effectively.... JMHO so is you disagree that is not a reason to dis me.

Ugh... OK, seriously now, how can you effectively guage how we do anything based upon a raiders game?

The only game you can really judge by at this point is the Jets game, and we dominated them. Which leaves me to believe that we are utilizing our weapons just fine. Talk to me after the Philly game. Raiders and Broncos are not a good litmus test.

Straight, No Chaser
09-18-2005, 11:49 PM

Look, take a deep breath and if you still feel the same way, please, shake your self. Trading Larry Johnson is a little severe after beating the Raiders, no? You must realize the breadth and depth of the rivalry.

--->

tk13
09-18-2005, 11:50 PM
This is a bullshit thread. LJ will get his time, Priest is still the #1 back. Gosh, we just won tonight and just reading the freaking Planet you would swear we lost by 42.
No kidding, I was surprised to come on the board and see this. LJ had the exact same number of carries he got last week, and actually had a higher percentage of the total running plays, Priest was on the one that got less carries this week... that's what gets me.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-18-2005, 11:53 PM

some must not be gettin their sympathy bj tonight

MadMax
09-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Look, take a deep breath and if you still feel the same way, please, shake your self. Trading Larry Johnson is a little severe after beating the Raiders, no? You must realize the breadth and depth of the rivalry.

--->

LOL you obviously didn't read the post I said that I would NEVER want to trade Larry... It was just an attention getter... I am happy we have both Priest and Larry, I just thought the game plan against the Raiders ( without Roaf ) called for a heavy dose of LJ...I was dissapointed i'm not retarded :p

Mr. Kotter
09-18-2005, 11:55 PM
.... Raiders and Broncos are not a good litmus test.

No chit.

Divisional rival games? Throw out the friggin' records. :shake:

Thank goodness the Philly game is AT Arrowhead.....wouldn't it be GREAT if we are 3-0, and in a position to say, "ah.....Philly was in the Superbowl LAST year; they needed this game more than we did, and by the end of the year....we will have grown---especially, on "D" (I expect us to be top 10, the last half of the season.....mark it down)."

KingPriest2
09-18-2005, 11:55 PM
No kidding, I was surprised to come on the board and see this. LJ had the exact same number of carries he got last week, and actually had a higher percentage of the total running plays, Priest was on the one that got less carries this week... that's what gets me.

It doesn't matter. Priest was 13 c for 19 yards at one point. LJ was 6 for 34 He was more effective now wouldn't you agree that if you were smart that you would be using the more effective RB?

Raiderhater
09-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Oh, my, GOD!

I can't take any more tonight, this is just too outrageous. I'm going to bed now, and dreaming sweet dreams of raiders being scalped.

tk13
09-19-2005, 12:01 AM
It doesn't matter. Priest was 13 c for 19 yards at one point. LJ was 6 for 34 He was more effective now wouldn't you agree that if you were smart that you would be using the more effective RB?
That is not a good argument. That's like shooting yourself in the foot. You say you should use the more "effective" running back at that point, when from that point on Priest ran wild all over Oakland and helped put the game away.

ChiefsCountry
09-19-2005, 12:04 AM
some must not be gettin their sympathy bj tonight

No I'm not Randy Moss who gets his from ESPN announcers. ROFL

Hammock Parties
Priest's last 6 carries went for 56 yards.

Talk about salting the game away. Priest hasn't done something like that late in a game in awhile.

MadMax
Oh, my, GOD!

I can't take any more tonight, this is just too outrageous. I'm going to bed now, and dreaming sweet dreams of raiders being scalped.

Haha, 2-0 and I love that. But some here have been a lil harsh and messed up my buzz, but they always do I shoulda never started this thread. :deevee: :p

greg63
Divisional rival games? Throw out the friggin' records. :shake:

I agree, in such games you can file the stats in the trash can.

mcan
09-19-2005, 12:08 AM
OK, so I admit I wanted to see us run between the tackles more, but come on people. Priest is still the man here, and I believe that he should be. It's also stupid to think that LJ was going to make any more out of those plays that got stuffed than Priest would. If they don't block well, you're not going to go very far, and our young (inexperienced) tackles had trouble with a very big and very veteran Raider D-Line.

Get off the drama and enjoy being 2-0.

mcan
Sick of people bitching.

That reminds me: I think we need to start editing the "Fox phone line" phone calls for idiocy. I can't believe how bitchy these people are.

KingPriest2
09-19-2005, 12:11 AM
That is not a good argument. That's like shooting yourself in the foot. You say you should use the more "effective" running back at that point, when from that point on Priest ran wild all over Oakland and helped put the game away.

Bullshit

greg63
09-19-2005, 12:11 AM
No I'm not Randy Moss who gets his from ESPN announcers. ROFL

Don't get me started on those guys! To hear them talk you would think that Moss was the only raider out there. I got so sick of the Moss love fest! :banghead:

tk13
09-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Bullshit
What? Your theory would've take away Priest's most effective stretch of the entire night... I'm sorry but that's what you're saying. "If we take away the part of the game where Priest played really well, Larry Johnson was clearly the most effective running back."

Well... duh. If you take away the part where the Raiders would've scored 17 points, we woulda pitched a shutout tonight. It doesn't work that way though.

Mr. Kotter
09-19-2005, 12:17 AM
....Get off the drama and enjoy being 2-0.

mcan
Sick of people bitching...

Think of it....8-6 the rest of the way; probably locks up the division for us. :)

tk13
09-19-2005, 12:18 AM
I mean, I'll agree with the statement that "at one point of the game, LJ had more effective numbers than Priest Holmes, and Al Saunders chose to ignore that and stick with Priest Holmes."

That above statement is true. But the problem is... Al made the RIGHT decision! How can you second guess the right decision?! One that helped win us the game?

KingPriest2
09-19-2005, 12:25 AM
What? Your theory would've take away Priest's most effective stretch of the entire night... I'm sorry but that's what you're saying. "If we take away the part of the game where Priest played really well, Larry Johnson was clearly the most effective running back."

Well... duh. If you take away the part where the Raiders would've scored 17 points, we woulda pitched a shutout tonight. It doesn't work that way though.

Halftime

RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD
L.Johnson 6 34 5.7 11 1
P.Holmes 8 11 1.4 4 1
E.Kennison 1 8 8.0 8 0

Total 15 53 3.5 11 2

Final

RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD
P.Holmes 19 75 3.9 20 1
L.Johnson 9 41 4.6 11 1

LJ was AVERAGEING 5.7 yards a carry. That is pretty good in my book compared to 1.4 yards for Priet LJ was getting the Job done Priet was not.. Wouldn't you want to go with the Hot RB? LJ only got 3 more carries.

KingPriest2
09-19-2005, 12:29 AM
I mean, I'll agree with the statement that "at one point of the game, LJ had more effective numbers than Priest Holmes, and Al Saunders chose to ignore that and stick with Priest Holmes."

That above statement is true. But the problem is... Al made the RIGHT decision! How can you second guess the right decision?! One that helped win us the game?

Hindsight is 20/20. I still would have went with the hot RB

mcan
09-19-2005, 12:36 AM
LJ didn't get those yards by breaking tackles or making great moves. He was in the right place at the right time. MOST of the reason his first big run (after Priest's injury) worked so well is because the Raiders had just stuffed the run, and were looking pass (and Black made a great block).

Think about what you're insinuating.
Here's a play from the 2nd quarter:

3-1-OAK 12 (3:15) 31-P.Holmes left end to OAK 13 for -1 yards (52-K.Morrison).

OK, so Priest tried to run off tackle to the left side (behind Black) and got stuffed by a linebacker who came flying upfield and beat his block. So I guess Larry Johnson being in the game would have made the blocking better on this play?

B_Ambuehl
09-19-2005, 01:12 AM
LJ does have an advantage coming off the bench fresh against a defense that might be worn down a bit and a defense that is in a rhythm against your starting tailback and the kind've plays he likes to run. You see it all the time in college football where teams are more apt to use a running back by committee and the redshirt freshman type with 5 carries a game always gets the hype. That factor alone would tend to make LJ look better then he really is.

Having said and considered all that, LJ is still by far the superior runner right now. Priest is not 100% yet and I think he'd say that himself. DV and the crew has said he was 100% since training camp but Priest himself said that he was only at about 70% in the first preseason game so hopefully his burst will come back all the way over the next few weeks. I'm hopeful because I saw a couple of flashes tonight of the Priest of old. He used to be the fastest guy in the NFL with the ball in his hands but up until tonight I hadn't seen any of that.

mcan
09-19-2005, 01:35 AM
He used to be the fastest guy in the NFL with the ball in his hands but up until tonight I hadn't seen any of that.

I don't think that's true. The rest of it, I'm with ya. But Priest has never been a "speed back." The whole reason he hurt his hip the first time is because he got caught from behind and horse collared.

tiptap
09-19-2005, 05:51 AM
I said this in earlier threads. The stretch play is Priest's bread and butter play. And with Roaf out and a lack of a good RT, the stretch play is gone. LJ is the better runner inbetween tackles and has gotten better at getting to the outside. For this game under the circumstances we would have been better running LJ two series and Priest one series. Now with Roaf back I want Priest in there for two series to LJ's one.

chagrin
09-19-2005, 06:07 AM
I'm thinking a breathalizer might be more appropo in this case.
ROFL
Even I agree with this

Wile_E_Coyote
09-19-2005, 08:55 AM
LJ does have an advantage coming off the bench fresh against a defense that might be worn down a bit and a defense that is in a rhythm against your starting tailback and the kind've plays he likes to run. You see it all the time in college football where teams are more apt to use a running back by committee and the redshirt freshman type with 5 carries a game always gets the hype. That factor alone would tend to make LJ look better then he really is.

Having said and considered all that, LJ is still by far the superior runner right now. Priest is not 100% yet and I think he'd say that himself. DV and the crew has said he was 100% since training camp but Priest himself said that he was only at about 70% in the first preseason game so hopefully his burst will come back all the way over the next few weeks. I'm hopeful because I saw a couple of flashes tonight of the Priest of old. He used to be the fastest guy in the NFL with the ball in his hands but up until tonight I hadn't seen any of that.

Priest will spend the week in the tub, LJ will be fresh as a daisy for the dreaded donks

chiefsfan1963
09-19-2005, 09:29 AM
you guys are totally in denial. having LJ fresh is not the point. playing him and givng him at least 20 carries a game so he can get in his rhythm is a very important point that everyone defending not playing him is not getting.

you don't save your best back, you play him period. In the long run it's about going to the SB, not just making the playoffs.

the coaching staff is pressing their luck and putting too much pressure on Trent having to make plays as well as our D.

if we keep this up w/ the way we are playing LJ I can see us dropping the next 2 games.

I am convinced that if we give LJ the ball and allow him to get into a great rhythm during the game, he will produce big time! He will be so productive for us that the game will be over by the start of the 4th Q!

Giving LJ his 20 touches, not putting too much pressure on Trent to make plays, and our D playmaking will guarantee a seat in Detriot!

Not doing this and we will all be at home watching someone else play in our place.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-19-2005, 09:33 AM
you guys are totally in denial. having LJ fresh is not the point. playing him and givng him at least 20 carries a game so he can get in his rhythm is a very important point that everyone defending not playing him is not getting.

you don't save your best back, you play him period. In the long run it's about going to the SB, not just making the playoffs.

the coaching staff is pressing their luck and putting too much pressure on Trent having to make plays as well as our D.

if we keep this up w/ the way we are playing LJ I can see us dropping the next 2 games.

I am convinced that if we give LJ the ball and allow him to get into a great rhythm during the game, he will produce big time! He will be so productive for us that the game will be over by the start of the 4th Q!

Giving LJ his 20 touches, not putting too much pressure on Trent to make plays, and our D playmaking will guarantee a seat in Detriot!

Not doing this and we will all be at home watching someone else play in our place.

the Chiefs are 2-0

Raiderhater
09-19-2005, 09:35 AM
:shake:

I just don't see how you can improve on undefeated. It boggles the mind.

ChiefsCountry
09-19-2005, 09:38 AM

This is I have LJ on my FFL and I am an idiot post of the year.

NewChief
09-19-2005, 09:42 AM

As alarmist and hyperbolic as always. Your takes honestly aren't all that bad, you just need to learn to stop taking them so far. You get way too out there when predicting consequences.

NewChief
09-19-2005, 09:42 AM
:shake:

I just don't see how you can improve on undefeated. It boggles the mind.

ROFL

Already forgotten the 2003 season? We were 9-0 and people were still complaining.

the Talking Can
09-19-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm sure someone said this already, but.........not playing LJ is the reason we lost...

RedNFeisty
09-19-2005, 09:54 AM
I said this in earlier threads. The stretch play is Priest's bread and butter play. And with Roaf out and a lack of a good RT, the stretch play is gone. LJ is the better runner inbetween tackles and has gotten better at getting to the outside. For this game under the circumstances we would have been better running LJ two series and Priest one series. Now with Roaf back I want Priest in there for two series to LJ's one.

I agree with this post. With Roaf out let LJ play a little more, he is better at breaking out and scoring from down the field, then once Roaf returns it is Priest as the first man. Priest has earned our loyalty and deserves to have the first position. LJ still needs to learn and be mentored imo. If LJ does not like that then he needs to grow up and mature a little more

chiefsfan1963
09-19-2005, 10:41 AM
I think people are having a false sense of security b/c we are 2-0!

I'm not focused on our 2-0 record, but our weaknesses and what I believe can be our undoing down the road.

IMO not tapping into LJ's abilities by given him at least 20 touches a game could prevent us from going to SB.

Oakland is not a great team. If we're going to the SB we have to dominate teams like this, not being able to do this says alot about where we are right now in reaching our ultimate goal.

Oakland should not have had a chance to beat us in the 4th Q. We should dominate teams like the Raiders to the point where the game is out of reach in the 4th Q.

Resting on 2-0 is a recipe for disappointment later this year!

the Talking Can
09-19-2005, 10:48 AM
. If we're going to the SB we have to dominate teams like this, not being able to do this says alot about where we are right now in reaching our ultimate goal.

Resting on 2-0 is a recipe for disappointment later this year!

false....teams don't win every games 49-0...just look at the Patriots...and well, every single other good team in history..style points are irrelevant..winning is the only thing that matters

your last sentence is just absurd...who's resting? we're just fans posting the internet....the team is working their asses off as we type, they don't know or care what we think...

NewChief
09-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Oakland is not a great team. If we're going to the SB we have to dominate teams like this, not being able to do this says alot about where we are right now in reaching our ultimate goal.

Any team in the NFL has the potential to be great on any given Sunday, especially when they're playing at home. Look at our decimation of the Falcons last year. Going into any opponent's lair and coming away with a victory is a major accomplishment in the NFL, regardless of who that team is. Make it a divisional opponent, and it's even more impressive.

That being said, I agree with some of your criticism. I just don't agree that you can make any kind of accurate prediction based on what we've seen so far this season, nor do I think that the amount of carries LJ gets determines whether we go to the SB or not.

chiefsfan1963
09-19-2005, 11:01 AM
false....teams don't win every games 49-0...just look at the Patriots...and well, every single other good team in history..style points are irrelevant..winning is the only thing that matters

your last sentence is just absurd...who's resting? we're just fans posting the internet....the team is working their asses off as we type, they don't know or care what we think...

i disagree.....winning in the postseason is the only thing that matters.

Remember 2003? We were winning, we were 13-3, and then we were one and out!

The regular season is for preparation for the postseason! Play freakin LJ now!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get him ready or prepare to fall short once again.

Don't waste this talent! We will all be sorry come January!

By the way I was not saying we had to dominate them by beating them 49-0, 31-17 or 28-17 would have been enough. At least 2 scores to beat us in the 4th would have been dominating enough!

Wile_E_Coyote
09-19-2005, 11:07 AM

Remember 2003? We were winning, we were 13-3, and then we were one and out!

The regular season is for preparation for the postseason! Play freakin LJ now!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get him ready or prepare to fall short once again.

Don't waste this talent! We will all be sorry come January!

By the way I was not saying we had to dominate them by beating them 49-0, 31-17 or 28-17 would have been enough. At least 2 scores to beat us in the 4th would have been dominating enough!

if your worried about postseason play, RB should be at the bottom of your concerns

KC Dan
09-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Take a midol dude. The Chiefs are 2-0. Whether they win by 1 or a 100, a win is a win is a win.

Calcountry
09-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Trade away LJ? Hahah. Priest i respect the guy, BUT! if given the situation, that the chiefs were facing tonight, I would have put in LJ. Look at the stats, he was averaging way more yards, with the ball, then priest was. Is it me or did Larry look like a runner who fits best against that D?Agreed. By the second half, I was screaming for LJ to be put in. Holmes hit a few holes, but LJ would have hit em too, with the added bonus of scoring instead of getting tackled at the 8, which is immediately followed by 2 holding penalties and a FG.

The Raiders weren't giving many black holes the size priest needs to run through, so the coaches should have looked to maximize the few opportunities that were there. IMHO, LJ now provides the maximum opportunity per hole. In coaching terms that would be Yards per carry.

Sure-Oz
09-19-2005, 11:18 AM
a W is a W!! This was a hard fought game and winning close ones like this are better than winning all blowouts, it will prepare us to overcome shit! 2-0 that is all taht matters!

the Talking Can
09-19-2005, 11:22 AM

duh...that wasn't the point....what's with the pessismists constantly changing the subject from post to post?

mohobilly-ism?

you "chiefs suck"
me "no they don't"
you "I want to win a playoff game, why don't you?"
me "uh..."

htismaqe
09-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Nice to see 1963 back around.

If he wasn't here, who would remind us that our team is a paper tiger?

Raiderhater
09-19-2005, 11:39 AM

Oakland should not have had a chance to beat us in the 4th Q. We should dominate teams like the Raiders to the point where the game is out of reach in the 4th Q.

If you have truly been a fan since 1963, than you should know even better than I the history of this rivalry. To say what you just said here is a disregard for the history of the series, foolish, assanine, and completely talking out your ass.

Raiderhater
09-19-2005, 11:42 AM

They did need two scores to beat us, a touchdown and an extra point. Just the TD alone tied it for them.

greg63
09-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Take a midol dude. The Chiefs are 2-0. Whether they win by 1 or a 100, a win is a win is a win.

a W is a W!! This was a hard fought game and winning close ones like this are better than winning all blowouts, it will prepare us to overcome shit! 2-0 that is all taht matters!

Ditto, aside from injuries, I don't care how we get the "W" as long as we get it.

greg63
09-19-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm not that great at game analysis, so some one help me out. Might we have been more productive offensively if we would have established the passing game sooner to set up the run better??? Just asking, I love watching the game but my actual knowledge of it is very limited. Thanks in advance.

penchief
09-19-2005, 12:46 PM
Agreed. By the second half, I was screaming for LJ to be put in. Holmes hit a few holes, but LJ would have hit em too, with the added bonus of scoring instead of getting tackled at the 8, which is immediately followed by 2 holding penalties and a FG.

The Raiders weren't giving many black holes the size priest needs to run through, so the coaches should have looked to maximize the few opportunities that were there. IMHO, LJ now provides the maximum opportunity per hole. In coaching terms that would be Yards per carry.

:clap:

go bo
09-19-2005, 02:55 PM
. . . VD is a senile old f*cker. . .pot, meet kettle... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
09-19-2005, 11:16 PM
pot, meet kettle... ROFL ROFL ROFL

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL, this is bump worthy. And rep worthy too. Skip must not have been able to see it.

tk13
09-20-2005, 03:47 AM
Watching some of the game over again... anyone that wants to question whether Priest doesn't have that extra step anymore really needs to watch that running play to the left with just over 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter for 20 yards, which I believe was our longest running play of the game. Once Priest breaks through the line, he turns it up another notch. You can just see it. He was able to turn the corner and run right by Fabian Washington, who was supposed to be one of, if not the, fastest corner in the draft. There's no way he completely outruns the guy in a pure footrace, but he turned the corner on him and might have scored if Parker could've blocked his guy out of the play.

greg63
09-20-2005, 06:46 AM
Watching some of the game over again... anyone that wants to question whether Priest doesn't have that extra step anymore really needs to watch that running play to the left with just over 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter for 20 yards, which I believe was our longest running play of the game. Once Priest breaks through the line, he turns it up another notch. You can just see it. He was able to turn the corner and run right by Fabian Washington, who was supposed to be one of, if not the, fastest corner in the draft. There's no way he completely outruns the guy in a pure footrace, but he turned the corner on him and might have scored if Parker could've blocked his guy out of the play.

Ditto, good post! :thumb:

NewChief
09-20-2005, 06:50 AM
I'm not that great at game analysis, so some one help me out. Might we have been more productive offensively if we would have established the passing game sooner to set up the run better??? Just asking, I love watching the game but my actual knowledge of it is very limited. Thanks in advance.

I said something similar in another thread here. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=124513).

I agree with you, but I'm a passing fanatic. That being said, I think we need to continue to try the run, I just didn't like the downs they were running on. To me, it set us up for too many 3rd and longs, but anyway. Hindsight is 20/20. If more of those running plays would have been successful through good execution, then I wouldn't be griping about them.

greg63
09-20-2005, 07:24 AM
I said something similar in another thread here. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=124513).

I agree with you, but I'm a passing fanatic. That being said, I think we need to continue to try the run, I just didn't like the downs they were running on. To me, it set us up for too many 3rd and longs, but anyway. Hindsight is 20/20. If more of those running plays would have been successful through good execution, then I wouldn't be griping about them.Thanks for the insight. I'm probably way off base here but, my thinking was that a Defense that runs the 4-3 with a week secondary might well be susceptible to the pass, forcing the LB’s to play back in coverage thus providing room up front for the run game. Agree/disagree? :shrug:

SLAG
10-24-2005, 12:22 AM
I wanted to bump this

beer bacon
10-24-2005, 12:23 AM
I wanted to bump this

Good bump. I wouldn't mind seeing Priest and LJ both averaging 20 carries per game for the rest of the season.

Mecca
10-24-2005, 12:29 AM
Good bump. I wouldn't mind seeing Priest and LJ both averaging 20 carries per game for the rest of the season.

My thought's exactly, just grind it out.

Skip Towne
10-24-2005, 06:49 AM
I wanted to bump this
You're and idiot.

jspchief
10-24-2005, 07:08 AM
I noticed Penchief hasn't been around stroking LJ's cock for the last few weeks.

I assume now that he had another solid game the Larrybation will begin again soon.

greg63
10-24-2005, 10:28 AM
You're and idiot.

ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
11-09-2005, 04:56 PM
You really want Cruz to get some carries, don't you...

Coach
11-09-2005, 04:59 PM
ROFL

Eleazar
11-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Oops!

penchief
11-09-2005, 05:04 PM
I noticed Penchief hasn't been around stroking LJ's cock for the last few weeks.

I assume now that he had another solid game the Larrybation will begin again soon.

See, this is uncalled for. Like I told you the last time you said something stupid like this; show me where I've crowed when he's had good games or disappeared when he hasn't. Most of the LJ discussions I have participated in occurred when I felt he was being unfairly maligned. That's pretty much been it. Sticking up for a superior talent when others, like yourself, were unwilling to give him his due.

I don't know what you have against me but you need to show a little more class.

penchief
11-09-2005, 05:15 PM
See, this is uncalled for. Like I told you the last time you said something stupid like this; show me where I've crowed when he's had good games or disappeared when he hasn't. Most of the LJ discussions I have participated in occurred when I felt he was being unfairly maligned. That's pretty much been it. Sticking up for a superior talent when others, like yourself, were unwilling to give him his due.

Sorry jspchief, I didn't realize this was an old thread. Even so, I didn't see your comments the first time around.

Dartgod
11-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Haha. Since when has that been a prerequisite for posting here?

CoMoChief
11-09-2005, 06:14 PM
We need to sign TO, trade Hicks for J.Peppers, trade Dalton for Shaun Rogers, trade Kawika for Ray Lewis, and trade McCleon for McAllister, and sign Lavar Arrington and move Bell back inside. We need to trade Kennison for Randy Moss and trade Black for Tait. We also need to trade Chris Horn for Marvin Harrison, I think the Colts would go for that.

With all of that being said, that's how stupid this thread title is.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Interesting. BUMP