PDA

View Full Version : TRR's Observations of tonight's game...

TRR
09-18-2005, 09:59 PM
For 3 hours tonight, I got to sit back, forget about all the family problems, and enjoy the Chiefs. I've got a few thoughts after tonight's game.

I knew we were going to give up a ton of passing yards. I figured the same gameplan was going to be in effect from the Jets game, and I was right. Problem is, Oakland has Moss, Porter, and Curry to the Jets Coles. Tonight was going to be a bend but don't break night, and the D got it done. There were some miscues from the D, but overall I was pleased. Other than not blitzing enough, and too much zone D on Moss, I am happy.

On offense, I think Chris Bober should be our starting RT. Do I dare say that "at times" Bober looked John Tait like. Really a solid game for a guy who was thrown in the fire. Sampson might have to wait another year, Bober is playing well. Black had some good and bad plays, but when it counted in the end (Holmes 1st down run to run out the clock) Black got off the ball and got the job done.

Samie Parker, minus the fumble, is something special. Great hands and great speed. How about Chris Horn's grabs tonight?

Happy to be 2-0 tonight...Oh yeah, and if Scanlon holds again on a punt return, I am going to kill him myself. What a horrible penalty at the time.

milkman
09-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Haven't you heard?

Samie's an idiot.

Pitt Gorilla
09-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Scanlon is currently at the Roys' house receiving "gifts."

Hoover
09-18-2005, 10:06 PM
This was a great game.

I was down on the defense for a while because we couldn't get to Collins, but over all thay all did their job. Sure the Raiders had some TDs called back, but thats part of the game. On Offense we really miss Rolf, I was glad Trivch could play.

All and all, we are 2-0, and no matter what happens in the next two games, I think we are sitting well oce Warfield and Welborn get back. This team is good folks and should win the west.

donkhater
09-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Not just Scanlon. How about Woods? He was the one that needlessly pushed in the back on Dante's TD return. If you watch most of Dante's returns tonight, he was beat by the gunner nearly everytime.

Boy, I wish Borighter wasn't hemmed in by that 46-man rule.

Coogs
09-18-2005, 10:12 PM
This was a great game.

I was down on the defense for a while because we couldn't get to Collins, but over all thay all did their job. Sure the Raiders had some TDs called back, but thats part of the game. On Offense we really miss Rolf, I was glad Trivch could play.

All and all, we are 2-0, and no matter what happens in the next two games, I think we are sitting well oce Warfield and Welborn get back. This team is good folks and should win the west.

For the most part, we only rushed the D-line. All things considered, not bad for the D! Huge road win!!!

royr17
09-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Happy to be 2-0 tonight...Oh yeah, and if Scanlon holds again on a punt return, I am going to kill him myself. What a horrible penalty at the time.

TRR, that penalty on Scanlon is no worse then any other special teams penalty.

Look at the penalty Jerome Woods had, Dante had a TD.

Plus I see Scanlon busting his butt off on every special team play compared to Boomer. I mean Boomer has yet to make any tackles on special teams or try to help someone into the endzone.

TRR
09-18-2005, 10:14 PM
I agree, Woods was bad in the return game as well.

Roaf was a big loss tonight. He would have helped tremendously in the running game.

KC gave Oakland as many opportunities as Oakland gave KC. Between Hall's return TD being called back, Black's back to back penalties in the redzone, Parker's fumble, a blocked FG, and numerous failed third and shorts, I say KC and Oakland were about even in the mistakes/big plays taken away category.

Eleazar
09-18-2005, 10:16 PM
How many special teams penalties from Scanlon are we going to tolorate? I think Kawika should take his spot. He's clearly the more capable player.

TRR
09-18-2005, 10:16 PM
TRR, that penalty on Scanlon is no worse then any other special teams penalty.

Look at the penalty Jerome Woods had, Dante had a TD.

Plus I see Scanlon busting his butt off on every special team play compared to Boomer. I mean Boomer has yet to make any tackles on special teams or try to help someone into the endzone.

Quit comparing Boomer to Scanlon. It's getting old. They are two different players. Just because Woods held on the return doesn't mean it's alright for Scanlon to do so as well.

KcMizzou
09-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Plus I see Scanlon busting his butt off on every special team play compared to Boomer. I mean Boomer has yet to make any tackles on special teams or try to help someone into the endzone.Yeah, I agree. You should start a thread on it.

Pitt Gorilla
09-18-2005, 10:19 PM
I must have missed Boomer's blatant holding call that was seen by millions on TV.

ROYC75
09-18-2005, 10:20 PM
To harp on Scanlon is to be the norm, it's a ChiefsPlanet ritual.

Let Scanlon make a tackle, he is OK, a penalty, he needs to be cut ? Go figure.

Should we cut Woods ? How about any player that makes a penalty ?

Me thinks you guys just want something to bitch about ! :D

royr17
09-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Quit comparing Boomer to Scanlon. It's getting old. They are two different players. Just because Woods held on the return doesn't mean it's alright for Scanlon to do so as well.

TRR, your complainin about that because your still pissed cause Scanlon made the team.

Go ahead and admit that you think it was a mistake for Scanlon to make the team.

I'd rather see a player bust his butt off and get a penatly for tryin to help get a player into the endzone, compared to a player that doesnt bust his butt off.

Eleazar
09-18-2005, 10:22 PM
well it WAS the most blatant, obvious penalty in the history of penalties.

TRR
09-18-2005, 10:24 PM
To harp on Scanlon is to be the norm, it's a ChiefsPlanet ritual.

Let Scanlon make a tackle, he is OK, a penalty, he needs to be cut ? Go figure.

Should we cut Woods ? How about any player that makes a penalty ?

Me thinks you guys just want something to bitch about ! :D

I thought both Woods and Scanlon should be cut months ago. Your not telling me anything new. Your whole arguement is that because Woods held, it's ok to overlook Scanlon's holding penalty. The one problem with that is that if Woods didn't clip, Hall would have gotten creamed. Scanlon had no business holding late in the game like that when there was nothing to gain...And he was right in front of the referee. Spin it how you want, but Scanlon's penalty was glaring tonight.

It has nothing to do with Scanlon making the team. The dude made the team, and he needs to produce.

And the Boomer to Scanlon comparison is getting old.

ROYC75
09-18-2005, 10:25 PM
On a side note ....... Where is kendrell Bell ? I saw him on a few plays, the game tracker has 0 tackles ?

Anybody else notice this ?

Rain Man
09-18-2005, 10:28 PM
I must admit that I'm not sure about the Bober love. Trent was taking pressure from Bober's guy all night, and it wasn't like the Raid ers have anyone who can rush.

TRR
TOP 3 ANSWERS BY THE ROY'S WHEN A NEGATIVE IS BROUGHT TO ATTENTION ON SCANLON:

(1) Oh yeah, well what did Boomer Grigsby do?

(2) Your just mad about him making the team.

(3) Well ________ did the same thing, and you didn't say anything about him.

Did I miss any?

Hoover
He only gave up that one pass play correct? I can live with that. On another note DJ is an effin stud.

ROYC75
09-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Personally, I don't like any penalty, from any of our players...... I don't give a shit who it is. I hate it....... But all of our players on offense or defense make penaltys and it's something we can't stop. The only thing a team can do is to try to stop them, work on it and understand how they happen.

I'm happy we won with out Roaf, Sampson,Sims, and now we lose Fox for awhile. With the bad boys out, we are getting thin in a few places.

Rain Man
09-18-2005, 10:32 PM
On a side note ....... Where is kendrell Bell ? I saw him on a few plays, the game tracker has 0 tackles ?

Anybody else notice this ?

Bell had a bad game. He was usually the guy behind the play on the ground.

TRR
09-18-2005, 10:32 PM
Personally, I don't like any penalty, from any of our players...... I don't give a shit who it is. I hate it....... But all of our players on offense or defense make penaltys and it's something we can't stop. The only thing a team can do is to try to stop them, work on it and understand how they happen.

I'm happy we won with out Roaf, Sampson,Sims, and now we lose Fox for awhile. With the bad boys out, we are getting thin in a few places.

Sampson played tonight, just not much. Vermeil seems to like what Bober is doing at RT.

ROYC75
09-18-2005, 10:35 PM
TOP 3 ANSWERS BY THE ROY'S WHEN A NEGATIVE IS BROUGHT TO ATTENTION ON SCANLON:

(1) Oh yeah, well what did Boomer Grigsby do?

(2) Your just mad about him making the team.

(3) Well ________ did the same thing, and you didn't say anything about him.

Did I miss any?

Out of your post, me thinks you are still upset about this comment in your sig line ........
"Scanlon is far better than the credit I gave him, matter of fact, I didn't know what I was talking about. For that matter, many planet members were as wrong as I was about Rich Scanlon".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ROYC75 happy we won, not looking pidly shit to sling.

ROYC75
09-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Night folks, off to bed. I have a busy week with work and then leaving on a trip for a week.

TRR
09-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Out of your post, me thinks you are still upset about this comment in your sig line ........
"Scanlon is far better than the credit I gave him, matter of fact, I didn't know what I was talking about. For that matter, many planet members were as wrong as I was about Rich Scanlon".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ROYC75 happy we won, not looking pidly shit to sling.

That would be #2 on the list.

Logical
09-18-2005, 10:39 PM
TRR,

Personally I could not disagree more with you on Bober. I thought he looked particularly bad and we pretty much cannot run right with him in there nor could we last week.

Rain Man
09-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Scanlon's a Chief now. I think it's time for us all to stop bagging on him.

TRR
09-18-2005, 10:45 PM
TRR,

Personally I could not disagree more with you on Bober. I thought he looked particularly bad and we pretty much cannot run right with him in there nor could we last week.

I respect your opinion, but would have to disagree with you. Black has looked terrible at RT in my opinion, and I'm not sure what Sampson could do. I watched Bober get beat some, but stone his guy at times, something I haven't seen from a RT since Tait left.

We will see how it plays out.

Oxford
09-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Sampson played tonight, just not much. Vermeil seems to like what Bober is doing at RT.

Wrong. I think Sampson was in there to see if he could go. DV has said it is hard to evaluate an injury on the practice field. Bober is out of position and probably the 3rd best RT on the roster (Sampson and Welborn ahead on the depth chart). But that being said, they (Black and Bober) fought hard and will benefit from the playing time.

If Sampsons injury is better next week, he starts and splits time with Bober. If Roaf is able to go, he starts and splits time with Black.

the Talking Can
09-18-2005, 10:52 PM
This was a great game.

absolutely....I don't understand the pessimism...we took a wounded squad on the road and won...

we won the time of possession 35 to 25...Black had problems, but also helped us control the ball in the second half

Parker avereged 28 yards per catch....and he was trying to make a play when it got stripped, can't fault the effort

Trent was efficient and poised, as always.....minus Roaf/Sims/Warfield/Fox...I love it..just win baby

17 points with McCleon gaurding Moss? I'll take it every time...just get Roaf healthy..get Warfield back..we're good

TRR
09-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Wrong. I think Sampson was in there to see if he could go. DV has said it is hard to evaluate an injury on the practice field. Bober is out of position and probably the 3rd best RT on the roster (Sampson and Welborn ahead on the depth chart). But that being said, they (Black and Bober) fought hard and will benefit from the playing time.

If Sampsons injury is better next week, he starts and splits time with Bober. If Roaf is able to go, he starts and splits time with Black.

How am I wrong? I said Sampson played a little tonight. And that's exactly what he did.

Welbourn is strictly a RG now. I don't think he'll ever move back to RT unless Sampson, Bober, and Black are all hurt.

The only one half way competitive to Bober is Kevin Sampson, and I haven't seen enough of him to judge if he's better than Bober or not, and either have you.

ChiefsLV
09-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Guys, guys,

Go back and look at any plays run to the right side. Bober was often pushed way too far into the backfield causing Priest to run more horizontally than he should have had to allowing the defense to stuff the play. I also saw similar results from Black on the other side, one time #56, some undersized defensive end for the Raiders had Black pushed all the way back and the run got stuffed. They may have done a decent job in pass protection but the run blocking sucked for the most part.

TRR
09-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Guys, guys,

Go back and look at any plays run to the right side. Bober was often pushed way too far into the backfield causing Priest to run more horizontally than he should have had to allowing the defense to stuff the play. I also saw similar results from Black on the other side, one time #56, some undersized defensive end for the Raiders had Black pushed all the way back and the run got stuffed. They may have done a decent job in pass protection but the run blocking sucked for the most part.

Every RT we've had has struggled against the run. From Bober to Black, to Sampson last season, to John Welbourn.

I'm not saying Bober is a savior. Not by any means. But Bober has played the most consistently in my eyes.

KCJake
09-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Haven't you heard?

Samie's an idiot.
I admit. I was the first person to call Samie an idiot. I was fired up at the time. I thought we had just lost the game. Everyone makes mistakes. Samie's going to be a very good player. He really showed some great speed on that fumble play.

Chief Chief
09-18-2005, 11:25 PM

No, that would be any of the 2 or 3 penalties that didn't get called on Dante's punt return last year against Denver in Arrowhead.

Not that I'm complaining...

Chief Chief
09-18-2005, 11:27 PM

"...in the history of penalties."

ROFLMAO!!

Wallcrawler
09-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Scanlon's hold on the return was ignorant. No reason at all to do it. Overall, a really dumb play.

Jerome Woods' block in the back was purely to keep Dante Hall from getting destroyed on the return. The guy had a clean shot on him, and had Woods not taken him out it would have been bad for Dante. Dante should be thanking Jerome for what he did. Yeah, the return was sweet, but without the block in the back, there would be no return.

Jordan Black....ugh. I havent been this pissed at a KC lineman since Victor "smack mah bitch up" Riley played here. 1st and goal from the nine yard line. Two penalties later back to back, we have 1st and goal from the F'ING TWENTY NINE YARD LINE, courtesy of Jordan Black. Back to back holds when youre in scoring position is absolutely inexcusable. I hope to God above that Willie Roaf can go next week because that LT spot is definately a weakness right now.

Bober may not have looked the greatest, but at least he didnt f us over with dumbass penalties inside the 10 yard line and pretty much singlehandedly stop the drive for the Raiders, saving them the work.

go bo
09-18-2005, 11:46 PM
wallcrawler, you're just mad because scanlon made the team...

Detoxing
09-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Jerome Woods' block in the back was purely to keep Dante Hall from getting destroyed on the return. The guy had a clean shot on him, and had Woods not taken him out it would have been bad for Dante. Dante should be thanking Jerome for what he did. Yeah, the return was sweet, but without the block in the back, there would be no return.
k.

i just dont understand why people are having such a hard time understanding that? Is it that we just need something to bitch about even when we are 2-0?

i am still learning the chiefsplanet culture

Wallcrawler
09-19-2005, 12:03 AM
i just dont understand why people are having such a hard time understanding that? Is it that we just need something to bitch about even when we are 2-0?

i am still learning the chiefsplanet culture

Many people, myself included were so pissed about seeing Dante bust off such a sweetass return for a TD and see it get called back that we were ready to hang whoever it was responsible for getting it erased up by the nuthooks.

When I watched the replay however, it was clearly obvious that without Woods taking that guy out, Dante would have been killed on that play. I dont know if he even saw the guy or not.