PDA

View Full Version : Five Top Performances: Week 2 vs. the Raiders.

Rain Man
09-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Who had the top five performances?

Poll coming very, very slowly.

Rain Man
09-18-2005, 10:17 PM
I went with

Gonzalez, who caught everything thrown his way.
Holmes, who got a very tought 90 combined yards.
Sapp, who was all over the place. The guy's a football player.
DJ, who made a lot of tackles.
Kawika, who made a lot of tackles and was also strong in pass coverage.

I would've voted for Tynes if his kickoffs were longer, and of course Trent is always solid. He's the heart and soul of the team. McCleon also did well.

I was disappointed in Parker, with two drops and a fumble. Surtain did well overall, but I was very miffed that he was jogging behind Randy Moss on Moss's TD catch. If Surtain had been running, he'd've broken that pass up. Our internal o-line had a rare lost battle, too, not controlling the line of scrimmage.

Bowser
09-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Priest

Chris Bober

Benny Sapp

Sammy Knight

Patrick Surtain

Without those three guys playing prominent roles in our D backfield, the Fade go for 35+ points against us tonight. Chris Bober stepped way up, and Priest got it done when he had to.

Ecto-I
09-18-2005, 10:26 PM
I put Hall on my list. He was big for us in terms of field position and almost had a touchdown.

StcChief
09-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Tynes. Without his FGs we loose.
He has redeemed himself in my book.

He kicked in the dirt, when Sebestian missed.

Hall for field position.

Chief Chief
09-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Kawika - pass coverage
Tynes - got 'em through ('cept a long try that got blocked)
Gonzalez - got passes (but got caught holding on a long run once)
DC - he was "special" (ask Sterling Sharpe) on punts and made a TD-saving tackle
Horny - made key grabs in heavy traffic
Priest - ran, got injured, then ran some more

tk13
09-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Priest - Struggled early, made almost every key short yardage play though, plus really helped move the chains at the end.

Green - I think he had a gutsy game, not his best game, but he got banged around a bit, made some key 3rd down throws in the 4th quarter. Would've had better numbers if we hadn't had a couple drops.

Tynes - Had one bad kickoff early and got blocked by the best kick blocker in football, but looked solid on all three of his FG makes, and nailed a couple clutch FG's in poor field conditions.

Sapp - Had our only sack, forced the fumble, tough player, had a couple special teams tackles.

D. Johnson - led the team in tackles yet again, not too bad for a rookie. Also recovered the Collins fumble.

DaWolf
09-19-2005, 12:37 AM
I thought Trent Green made some big throws, especially that clutch third down conversion throwing across his body while running to Gonzo. Playing essentially mistake free in that 2nd half while we're struggling to run the ball and keeping the chains moving despite all those holding penalties and stuff. Very key...

HolmeZz
09-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Trent Green - Clutch play. And didn't make any real mistakes.

Lawrence Tynes - Some big FGs, and on dirt. Can't fault him for the block.

Dante Hall - Gave us great field position all night and made some catches(atleast 1 I recall).

Benny Sapp - Forced our only turnover and helped break up the pass to Porter at the end of the game.

Greg Wesley - Thought he played well.

ZootedGranny
09-19-2005, 12:45 AM
I have yet to rewatch the game, so I may be giving credit for plays that didn't directly affect the outcome, but I'm going with:

Trent: he really busted his ass out there, even though he looked shaky at times. The pass across his body was ridiculous as was his lead block attempt. I give it to him because he put together enough drives to put points on the board.

Horn: two big catches in the game, one late that I thought was a sure INT. I must say, I was wrong about him over Thorpe. It turns out nobody has yet to make a move for Thorpe, and Horn has had a few big 3rd down catches already.

Brian Waters: two big blocks that were crucial, one sealing off the d-lineman so Priest could pick up a 1st down on a big gainer.

Tynes: I have to give him credit for kicking off of that shitty surface and making the all of his FGs, save the blocked one which he had to drive. Only criticism is that his kickoffs were lackluster, but he wasn't getting much help from his coverage either.

Knight: He didn't play the ball correctly when Moss jumped over him, but he saved the game by perfectly playing the ball in the corner against Porter.

Honorable mentions:

Priest for the clutch 4th down TD leap and the game winning first down.
Sapp for being a headbussa and making a couple of great open field tackles.
DJ for being the man on the spot on that fumble.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 01:03 AM
Trent, Tynes, Sapp, Johnson and Hicks.

Rocky
09-19-2005, 01:04 AM
i went with those officials who took two TDs!!

White Guy 2005
09-19-2005, 01:05 AM
stop crying dude

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 01:05 AM

Are Raider fans turning into Broncos fans? Whining about the refs?

Rocky
09-19-2005, 01:06 AM
Are Raider fans turning into Broncos fans? Whining about the refs?

so your telling me that you wouldnt be pissed if those calls wouldnt have went your way?

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 01:07 AM
so your telling me that you wouldnt be pissed if those calls wouldnt have went your way?

We would still have won, dude. The Chiefs would have found a way. We own you guys. Five straight! Hahahahaha!

White Guy 2005
09-19-2005, 01:08 AM
We would still have won, dude. The Chiefs would have found a way. We own you guys. Five straight! Hahahahaha!
nuff said

AndChiefs
09-19-2005, 01:10 AM
Rocky quit whining...even with the bad PI call on Moss the score still would've been 23-21. The holding was clearly holding and was basically offset with the illegal block called on Dante's return. It's not our fault the Raiders broke the rules and lost their TD.

ChiefFripp
09-19-2005, 01:16 AM

What a cry baby biatch! It must hurt losing 5 straight to a far superior team. Too bad The Chiefs sometimes 'play down' to their opponents skill level or none of those games would have been close.

I think Lamar Hunt is posting an eviction notice at The Black Hole. Time for your squatter crew of a "team" to pack up and leave.

Rocky
09-19-2005, 01:18 AM
damn u chefs sound like the sparkler faNS FROM LAST SEASON!!

the win when we meet next will be sweet!!

Phobia
09-19-2005, 06:04 AM
How the hell is it that I'm the only vote for Shields? He was brilliant. He was the ONLY reason Priest Holmes got the over-the-top TD.

Phobia
09-19-2005, 06:05 AM
damn u chefs sound like the sparkler faNS FROM LAST SEASON!!

Oh. Fine with me. I'll take those results in the regular season.