PDA

View Full Version : BOOMER!

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-18-2005, 10:25 PM
That was awesome seeing Boomer tomahawk chopping, and the rest of the team telling the Raiders fan how shitty they are at the end of the game!

ROFL

BigRedChief
09-18-2005, 10:27 PM
That was awesome seeing Boomer tomahawk chopping, and the rest of the team telling the raiders fan how shitty they are at the end of the game!ROFL

Yeah that rocked!:clap:

jspchief
09-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Yea, too bad he sucks at football. Between his quotes and his antics, you can almost pretend he's good at his job.

VonneMarie
09-18-2005, 10:33 PM
That was AWESOME.

TRR
09-18-2005, 10:34 PM
That was awesome seeing Boomer tomahawk chopping, and the rest of the team telling the raiders fan how shitty they are at the end of the game!

ROFL

I thought Rich Scanlon did the tomahawk chop better than Boomer did... ROFL

Sorry, had to beat the Roy's to it.

Digital Takawira
09-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Yea, too bad he sucks at football. Between his quotes and his antics, you can almost pretend he's good at his job.

how exactly did you determine that he sucks? you might want to let him play some first before tossing his career in the trash can with ryan leaf's.

Bwana
09-18-2005, 10:45 PM

Thanks for your input Roy.

Eleazar
09-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Scanlon ought to shampoo his crotch on the way home.

StcChief
09-18-2005, 10:46 PM

Let him be for now and enjoy his NFL experience.

If he doesn't develop he will be gone. I like his attitude and ability to be positive about the game.

He treats it more than for me and money like a bunch of the a-holes in the NFL.

Push off Moss, TO to start with.

Scalper
09-18-2005, 10:48 PM

Chill man he is only a Rookie

dirk digler
09-18-2005, 10:50 PM
I thought Boomer played well tonight. Didn't he make a couple of ST's tackle and he did draw that block in the back penalty on the Raiders when they returned it for a TD.

jspchief
09-18-2005, 10:51 PM
how exactly did you determine that he sucks? you might want to let him play some first before tossing his career in the trash can with ryan leaf's.By watching him play. He mat have really cool sound bites, and he may act really neat on the sideline. But so far, on the field, he sucks. He's been a lousy ST player throughout the pre-season and two games into the regular season. I''m not saying he will never be good. Just that he isn't so far.

I like the kid's attitude, and hope he gets it at some point, but thus far, he's getting schooled on the football field. It makes his quotes and antics a little less attractive to me. Something about walking the walk as well as talking the talk.

BigRedChief
09-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Didn't Boomer make a play on ST's today?

Scalper
09-18-2005, 10:54 PM
He will be a modern day Benny Thompson. You wait and see

BrotherBST05
09-18-2005, 11:21 PM
hey jspchief boomer apparantly sucks so much so far that he made the cut and is on the field for special teams while you type with one hand at the keyboard. he is a rookie on the field so just keep typing what you want. there's people like you who follow along all through high school and college and ota's and camp then pre-season, nothing new blah blah blah blah just keep on typin and he'll keep on cuz oh- guess what it doesn't matter what you think :cuss: ROFL what a waste of my time

Digital Takawira
09-18-2005, 11:22 PM
By watching him play. He mat have really cool sound bites, and he may act really neat on the sideline. But so far, on the field, he sucks. He's been a lousy ST player throughout the pre-season and two games into the regular season. I''m not saying he will never be good. Just that he isn't so far.

I like the kid's attitude, and hope he gets it at some point, but thus far, he's getting schooled on the football field. It makes his quotes and antics a little less attractive to me. Something about walking the walk as well as talking the talk.

it's not like he was our first round pick, we got him in the damn fifth round. give the guy some time to develop. not everyone is a freak and can come out balling from the start like DJ. brian waters, dante hall, tony richardson, eric hicks, trent green. none of those guys were good from the start.

BigRedChief
09-18-2005, 11:32 PM
That some chief lore there..........Tomahawk in the black hole.............Thats a frigging gamer

DaKCMan AP
09-19-2005, 08:02 AM
I thought Rich Scanlon did the tomahawk chop better than Boomer did... ROFL

Sorry, had to beat the Roy's to it.

Meanwhile, Scanlon picked up a penalty on ST.

morphius
09-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Didn't Boomer make a play on ST's today?
You mean the penalty?

Brock
09-19-2005, 08:11 AM
hey jspchief boomer apparantly sucks so much so far that he made the cut and is on the field for special teams while you type with one hand at the keyboard. he is a rookie on the field so just keep typing what you want. there's people like you who follow along all through high school and college and ota's and camp then pre-season, nothing new blah blah blah blah just keep on typin and he'll keep on cuz oh- guess what it doesn't matter what you think :cuss: ROFL what a waste of my time

ROFL

More posts like that one, please.

jspchief
09-19-2005, 08:17 AM
I know no one wants to hear bad things about Boomer, but the fact is, he has been pretty bad on STs. When he's not getting knocked on his ass, he's over-running plays.

My personal opinion is that he just needs coaching. He's got the right attitude, but his execution is lacking.

On the bright side, since he switched to #51, I can get my authentic Fujita jersey turned into a Boomer jersey.

ROYC75
09-19-2005, 08:20 AM
" As the Planet Spins " ...........

Boomer has played ST's, all he has done is get to do some banging into the other teams players. He has yet to make a ST's tackle in a regular season game...give him time, he will be OK. Likewise with a penalty, God forbid if that happens..... but remember , it happens to all ST's players.

OK, Rich got a ST's penalty ( that's only one this year ) ........ big deal, he also has 2 1/2 ST's tackles so far. No need to put him on the grill........ :rolleyes:

BTW, I liked the tomahawk chop in the end too ! ROFL

C-Mac
09-19-2005, 08:21 AM
You mean the penalty?

That was Scanlon and DV was sure to reminded him of his mistake.

DaKCMan AP
09-19-2005, 08:23 AM
That was Scanlon and DV was sure to reminded him of his mistake.

"Rich....You're smarter than that, Rich."

ROYC75
09-19-2005, 08:35 AM
I think all of our guys know better than to get caught with a penalty. The game happens at such a fast pace, crap happens very quick out there. The margin of error when a player makes a decision to make a move is very high due to the speed of the ST's play....

I'm like any of you, I hate penalties, they usually cost us a big play.

Eleazar
09-19-2005, 08:40 AM
OK, Rich got a ST's penalty ( that's only one this year ) ........ big deal, he also has 2 1/2 ST's tackles so far. No need to put him on the grill........ :rolleyes:

So he's on pace to end the year with 20 tackles and 8 holding penalties.

ROYC75
09-19-2005, 08:53 AM
So he's on pace to end the year with 20 tackles and 8 holding penalties.

If you so desire to spread your logic out that far...... so be it .

BTA, it seems that many ST's players will have 0 tackles after 16 games.

Just give it a rest ........... We won.

BigRedChief
09-19-2005, 09:26 AM
man guys lay off the dude. ST block in the backs happen all the time and alot of times its not the blockers fault. Dante cuts back and the blocker doesn't know it and the blockee turns and wham the flag comes out. Shoot even the friggign homer of an announcer sharpe commented on it last night.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Anyone have pics of the team taunting the Raider fans? I loved it. Surtain was talking crap too. ROFL

chagrin
09-19-2005, 09:49 AM
I missed the player taking on the fans, what happened? Details please?

shaneo69
09-19-2005, 09:52 AM
man guys lay off the dude. ST block in the backs happen all the time and alot of times its not the blockers fault. Dante cuts back and the blocker doesn't know it and the blockee turns and wham the flag comes out. Shoot even the friggign homer of an announcer sharpe commented on it last night.

Sharpe: "He (Scanlon) looked like he was trying to saddle a horse, and the horse didn't wanna be saddled."

Classic ROFL

BigMeatballDave
09-19-2005, 09:57 AM
I kinda cringed when I seen him doing it. I ****ing hate that shit. Retarded...

CupidStunt
09-19-2005, 10:01 AM
I know no one wants to hear bad things about Boomer, but the fact is, he has been pretty bad on STs. When he's not getting knocked on his ass, he's over-running plays.

Looking for controversy, that's obvious, but you need a new avenue. Grigsby has been solid on special teams and that's all he's been asked to do.

Cut the kid a break.

Katie
09-19-2005, 10:02 AM
To use an old planet quotation: "this thread is worthless without pictures!"

shaneo69
09-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Looking for controversy, that's obvious, but you need a new avenue. Grigsby has been solid on special teams and that's all he's been asked to do.

Cut the kid a break.

Yeah, if Boomer sucked so bad on ST, why is he being activated instead of Griffin? :rolleyes:

jspchief
09-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Yeah, if Boomer sucked so bad on ST, why is he being activated instead of Griffin? :rolleyes:Because Griffin is worse? Because the coaches hope that Boomer's attitude will eventually translate to good play? :shrug:

I'm not going to pretend to know why the coaches do what they do, or pretend I know more than them. But what I do know is thus far, he has not been very good on STs.

It's like watching a guy run head first into a brick wall. I can appreciate the wildman attitude, but so far he's been so out of control he takes himself out of the play.

If this guy hadn't been making all those awesome quotes in the spring, most guys here wouldn't be so blind to his mediocre play.

shaneo69
09-19-2005, 10:22 AM
It's like watching a guy run head first into a brick wall. I can appreciate the wildman attitude, but so far he's been so out of control he takes himself out of the play.

Um, isn't that what a wedge-buster is supposed to do? Take out the blockers so that the rest of the guys can get to the returner?

ROYC75
09-19-2005, 10:23 AM
Because Griffin is worse? Because the coaches hope that Boomer's attitude will eventually translate to good play? :shrug:

I'm not going to pretend to know why the coaches do what they do, or pretend I know more than them. But what I do know is thus far, he has not been very good on STs.

If this guy hadn't been making all those awesome quotes in the spring, most guys here wouldn't be so blind to his mediocre play.

Agreed..... Boomer still has alot to learn.But that tomahawk cop was priceless during the game at the fans.

ROYC75
09-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Um, isn't that what a wedge-buster is supposed to do? Take out the blockers so that the rest of the guys can get to the returner?

I have mentioned this before, some guys play ST's and do well but never get the glory of making a tackle.

jspchief
09-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Um, isn't that what a wedge-buster is supposed to do? Take out the blockers so that the rest of the guys can get to the returner?Yea, it is. Unfortunately, he doesn't take anyone out or even slow them down. He just runs into them and falls down.

I'm not making sh*t up just for the sake of bagging on the guy. I want him to pan out just as much as any other Chiefs fan (Roys excluded). But I'm not going to pretend he's something he isn't, just because he gives good sound bites.

Simplex3
09-19-2005, 10:49 AM
He will be a modern day Benny Thompson. You wait and see
As long as he doesn't do that "dog peeing" celebration dance. That was just embarrasing. :shake:

BigRedChief
09-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Yea, it is. Unfortunately, he doesn't take anyone out or even slow them down. He just runs into them and falls down.

I'm not making sh*t up just for the sake of bagging on the guy. I want him to pan out just as much as any other Chiefs fan (Roys excluded). But I'm not going to pretend he's something he isn't, just because he gives good sound bites.

Maybe we should have someone make you a .gif of boomer doing the chop in the Black Hole to cheer you up.

jspchief
09-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Maybe we should have someone make you a .gif of boomer doing the chop in the Black Hole to cheer you up.Heh.

I'm already cheered up. I have an authentic Fujita jersey that I can get switched to a Grigsby jersey now that he switched to #51. For $50, I'll be able to salvage a $200 jersey.

tiptap
09-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Because Griffin is worse? Because the coaches hope that Boomer's attitude will eventually translate to good play? :shrug:

You haven't commented upon the fact that it was Boomer who got blocked in the back with the call going against the Raiders. He was sort of in position to make a play before the flagant foul and was the only Chief there to even have a chance at a play. Now I think he overruns ST tackles but he does seem to be someone who is willing to take on the wedge. Even when he gets trucked badly by a OL like in the preseason. This is why he is on the team to be the bowler in ST play and he has known it all along.