PDA

View Full Version : We didn't have an answer for Moss, but we won

Archie F. Swin
09-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Were you troubled by all the replays showing Moss beating Surtain where Collins didn't throw to Randy? Pat seemed like he never had any leverage on Moss. I really think Dex McLeon deserves a game ball for getting that legit touchdown called back. This game could have gone the other way several times. We didn't have an answer for Moss. yet we're 2-0.

StcChief
09-18-2005, 10:49 PM
The Collins to Moss connection happened once.

Don't doubt the refs call on push off in endzone.
Not sure if camera angle saw the whole thing, with refs angle.

How many times has that call gone against us?

mnchiefsguy
09-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Plus, the Raiders were doing some serious freaking holding on the long Moss TD....it should have come back...so even if the one they called earlier was a bad call, I think it all evened out.

beer bacon
09-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Eh, there will be quite a few games this year where Moss has 100+ yards and 1+ TDs, and the Raiders still lose. We controlled the entire game.

BigRedChief
09-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Yeah he beat the best we have to cover him (surtain/knight) but it was only once. He's to good to completely shut down.

Messier
09-18-2005, 11:24 PM
We were playing lots and lots of zone. You kept seeing people handing Moss off to other players. I think sometimes it is deceiving. It looks like he's open but there's someone bracketing him, either that or Collins just never looked but that can't be.

mcan
09-19-2005, 01:26 AM
The Pass INT:

He didn't "PUSH OFF" in the traditional sense. Randy doesn't do that. What he does is subtler, but it's still illegal. He "seperates" himself by stiff arming the defender.

Moss is 6'4" and probably jumps up about 4' on those jump balls, meaning that his hands are better than 10' up in the air.

Dexter is 5'10" and proably jumps up about 3'6" meaning that his hands are just slightly more than 9' up in the air.

So, Dexter is giving up a full foot to Randy Moss IF they are occupying the same space. Of course, no two objects can be in the same space, so the the "window" that Collins has to throw to is much bigger than just a foot, and it gets bigger exponentially as McCleon gets further away from Moss.

The point is: He doesn't actually have to "SHOVE" Dexter for it to be interference. All he has to do is is keep Dexter from getting position by stiff arming his back. That's exactly what happened on that touchdown.

Pants
09-19-2005, 01:52 AM
Yeah, the "push-off" actually happened during the run, not during the catch, if that makes sense...

DaWolf
09-19-2005, 02:20 AM
Teams are holding Gonzo illegally week after week. Gotta play through the refs...

Ultra Peanut
09-19-2005, 02:43 AM
Teams are holding Gonzo illegally week after week. Gotta play through the refs...Exactly.

Miles
09-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Props for the drawings ROFL

KcKing
09-19-2005, 02:50 AM
The Pass INT:

He didn't "PUSH OFF" in the traditional sense. Randy doesn't do that. What he does is subtler, but it's still illegal. He "seperates" himself by stiff arming the defender.

Moss is 6'4" and probably jumps up about 4' on those jump balls, meaning that his hands are better than 10' up in the air.

Dexter is 5'10" and proably jumps up about 3'6" meaning that his hands are just slightly more than 9' up in the air.

So, Dexter is giving up a full foot to Randy Moss IF they are occupying the same space. Of course, no two objects can be in the same space, so the the "window" that Collins has to throw to is much bigger than just a foot, and it gets bigger exponentially as McCleon gets further away from Moss.

The point is: He doesn't actually have to "SHOVE" Dexter for it to be interference. All he has to do is is keep Dexter from getting position by stiff arming his back. That's exactly what happened on that touchdown.

^^ I agree to the letter

Kerberos
09-19-2005, 05:34 AM
We controlled the entire game.

Uh Uhhh.

Sterling Sharpe said that the Raiders were controlling the entire game and dictated WHAT we could do and WHEN we could do it.

Weren't you listening? :D

I really think Dex McLeon deserves a game ball for getting that legit touchdown called back.

Me thinks Dexter should get an OSCAR for that performance.

Maybe there was some shove off but I didn't see enough to make it go that way.

:shrug: