PDA

View Full Version : Where was our stud LB, Bell?

BigRedChief
09-18-2005, 11:02 PM
I don't remember his name being called, seeing him make a tackle or assist a in a tackle. Am I forgetting something?

beer bacon
09-18-2005, 11:03 PM
I saw him miss a couple of tackles.

the Talking Can
09-18-2005, 11:04 PM
I didn't see anything special...I thought he was supposed to kill QBs?

TRR
09-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Still learning. I thought he played a great first game against the Jets, and played so-so tonight. You'll see a different Kendrell Bell after the bye week IMHO. He's not as good as he's going to be once he gets comfortable.

schneider221
09-18-2005, 11:10 PM
the scheme tonight didnt fit his game, we didnt blitz very much at all and most of the time the backers were in coverage which has been said to be his weaker area.....i think once he gets more comfortable, we get warfield back to complete teh secondary, and dont play a team with 2 or 3 good to great receivers you will see bell run wild

buddha
09-18-2005, 11:10 PM
He didn't play so-so tonight. He looked pretty lost out there. Let's hope you are right.

HolmeZz
09-18-2005, 11:12 PM
He was a non-factor tonight, mainly because Oakland passed a lot. He'll be more effective against other teams, like Denver when they bootleg.

Phobia
09-18-2005, 11:12 PM
He was great last week. He looked like he was in position tonight, but he didn't finish plays. Not a good showing for #99 today.

Demonpenz
09-18-2005, 11:13 PM
he tried to bring the lumber on that one play on gordon but didn't wrap. You can see how he can be a big hitter though.

TEX
09-18-2005, 11:17 PM
I saw Bell bounce off Jordan tonight and he proceeded to gain about 15 yards. On that play he looked like he could have played for the Chiefs last year. :shake: I also saw him go for the ball and miss and a pass was completed - but at least he was in the position to have a chance at making the play - right?

I'm just glad he's out there playing. I'm jalso surprised as hell that he's been able to play in the first 2 games.

Wallcrawler
09-18-2005, 11:22 PM
He missed Gordon badly on that one run. Hit him, bounced off, and then missed the ankle tackle. Cant have that stuff. Thats last years Chiefs defense right there.

Bell is really out of his element in coverage. It seems to me a shame to have his blitzing talents wasted dropping him back, but I can see where Gun wants to be unpredictable each down with his pressures and coverage schemes.

Its like what Marty used to say to Cowher when Cowher was the D coordinator here and would draw up plays for DT to drop into coverage, and Marty would always ask him why he would ever want his best pass rusher moving away from the QB at the snap of the ball.

Hopefully Bell can improve his coverage, and tighten up on his fundamentals, and I think he will be fine.

BigMeatballDave
09-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Getting minimal playing time during preseason is showing. He'll come around. Just shows what a couple of studs we have in Mitchell and DJ...

KcMizzou
09-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Just shows what a couple of studs we have in Mitchell and DJ...

Man does that sound odd. I was afraid Mitchell's improvement was a load of preseason BS, but he's really making a believer out of me. Hope he continues to improve.

Miles
09-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Man does that sound odd. I was afraid Mitchell's improvement was a load of preseason BS, but he's really making a believer out of me. Hope he continues to improve.

Same here. He has been a plesent suprise so far.

Chief Chief
09-18-2005, 11:36 PM
I don't expect Bell...or any of our defensive players for that matter...to have outstanding showings everytime they step on the field. Gun will go over the game tape and point out the good, the bad, and the ugly with his defensive unit, and get them ready for Denver. It wasn't Bell's best today but it was a win, and our defense made a stand inside the red zone when it counted, so that should be great news for any fan of the Chiefs!

BigRedChief
09-18-2005, 11:40 PM

Stride for stride with Moss 20 yards down the field and bats the ball away. Thats a "prime time" play. :clap:

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Stride for stride with Moss 20 yards down the field and bats the ball away. Thats a "prime time" play. :clap:

I agree. :clap: It was also funny to hear Sharpe bitch about a LB covering Moss.

Wallcrawler
09-18-2005, 11:46 PM

Prime example of Moss playing halfassed, as he is known to do.

No way that Randy Moss running that route full speed is going to be blanketed by Kawika Mitchell in the way that he was.

Moss just went through the motions on that play, and it got broken up by Mitchell. Good play by Mitchell, but no way he makes that play if Randy Moss is going balls out to make a play. No way.

Randy Moss beat Knight and Surtain both on his TD. You saw the speed Moss has on that play. It wasnt there on the play Mitchell broke up.

If Randy gave his all every play, the Raiders would in fact be a frightening team.

But...he doesnt.

BigRedChief
09-19-2005, 07:18 AM
Getting minimal playing time during preseason is showing. He'll come around. Just shows what a couple of studs we have in Mitchell and DJ...

Mitchell and the word "stud" on the same sentence :hmmm: who da thunk it?

dtebbe
09-19-2005, 07:31 AM
I saw him bounce off the running back once, was trying to blow him up, and didn't wrap up.

DT