PDA

View Full Version : Prepaid Cellular

JimNasium
09-19-2005, 07:50 AM
I'm assuming there are some folks here that work in the cellular phone world. I'm traveling to Helena, Arkansas in two weeks and Sprint does not have coverage there. Rather than paying the .19/minute roaming fee I would like to buy a prepaid cell phone. I'm not having any luck finding such an animal online. Could someone help a brutha out?

wolfpack0735
09-19-2005, 08:11 AM
been to helena many of times. there is some nice veiws of the mississippi there. we have family there and around that area. that town has really grown.

JimNasium
09-19-2005, 08:21 AM
been to helena many of times. there is some nice veiws of the mississippi there. we have family there and around that area. that town has really grown.
I like traveling there as long as I don't have to sit in the rain for three straight days like last October. The people are all very friendly. It seems like all of the growth has occured in West Helena leaving the rest of the town to die.

PastorMikH
09-19-2005, 08:50 AM
.19 cents a minute doesn't sound too bad to me. Prepaid costs per minute plus connection fees could be quite a bit higher than that. Besides, in Arkansas, how do you know you'll even have service with pre-paid with all those hills and such?

How about just doing up a health cleanliness report on one of the local resturaunts, comparing it to the health cleanliness of Springfield resturaunts so you can write the trip off as business, thus giving you a reason to use the work cell phone?;):):):)

Scaga
09-19-2005, 09:32 AM
My mom uses that cheapie Freedom phone (in Rogers) and it works really well. Problem being the phone cost like $50.00 and then the cards are like $20.00 for 80 minutes ($.25 a minute for the mathmatically challenged).

Might be cheaper to pay the roaming.

JimNasium
09-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Yeah, upon further review it looks like .19/minute is about inline with the prepaid rates. I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to these decisions.

NewChief
09-19-2005, 10:09 AM
I'm assuming there are some folks here that work in the cellular phone world. I'm traveling to Helena, Arkansas in two weeks and Sprint does not have coverage there. Rather than paying the .19/minute roaming fee I would like to buy a prepaid cell phone. I'm not having any luck finding such an animal online. Could someone help a brutha out?

Might be too late, but you may be able to change your plan so that it either gives you some roaming minutes or gives you unlimited roaming minutes for a slight increase in your plan charges. I've never used Sprint though, so that might not work with them.

|Zach|
09-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah, upon further review it looks like .19/minute is about inline with the prepaid rates. I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to these decisions.
:)

JimNasium
09-19-2005, 10:16 AM
:)
I've always looked good in that color blue. They say it compliments my eyes. :p

|Zach|
09-19-2005, 10:17 AM
They say it compliments my eyes. :p
All of those dudes were right.

Chief Faithful
09-19-2005, 10:17 AM
I engineered the Cingular Prepaid solution, but I have no idea what the business does with the service. Cingular does have coverage in Helena if that matters to you.

Jenny Gump
09-19-2005, 10:19 AM

[stomping foot, bottom lip pooched out] I want to go to Helena.

JimNasium
09-19-2005, 10:21 AM
[stomping foot, bottom lip pooched out] I want to go to Helena.
As it just so happens my passenger seat is vacant. :p

Jenny Gump
09-19-2005, 10:23 AM
As it just so happens my passenger seat is vacant. :p

Would you make me pay for gas?

JimNasium
09-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Would you make me pay for gas?
I'd be willing to barter.