PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Chiefs vs. Broncos?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-19-2005, 11:24 AM
You think we have a legitiment chance?

Will Roaf be back?

King_Chief_Fan
09-19-2005, 11:26 AM
You think we have a legitiment chance?

Will Roaf be back?

You always have a chance. With Roaf back the chance gets much greater, but I see big day for the passing game.

cookster50
09-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Yes. Yes.

htismaqe
09-19-2005, 11:31 AM
I am most concerned about the run defense and how they will defend the misdirection plays. The one play that they struggled with against the Jets was the bootleg...

jspchief
09-19-2005, 11:31 AM
I think we have the best shot of beating them at Incestco that we've had in a long time.

Their offense so far has looked pretty anemic. They haven't been able to run the ball, and we haven't let anyone run. That should allow us to tee off on Plummet and let the INTs fall like rain.

I think we need to get the running game back on track, and we should have a legit shot at beating them. Hopefully that ass kicking we dropped on them last fall will give our team the confidence it needs.

Hoover
09-19-2005, 11:32 AM
I feel really good about this game as long as Mike Anderson is the starting running back.

Anderson is a grinder, sure he might have a 20 yarder or something, but he isn't going to have many of those. I would be more worried about Bell in the running and passing game but to doubt he will be a factor.

I see us running a lot (again) and win this one my 10.

Brock
09-19-2005, 11:34 AM
No, the Chiefs have no chance.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-19-2005, 11:35 AM
We saw Sampson at RT only once, IIRC, last night. Will he start next Monday? If so, we'll have our starting Oline for the first time this season.

Scalper
09-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Can we beat the Broncos? Yes we can. what helped us out is Denver winning against the Chargers. I feel a lot more comfortable playing against a 1-1 Denver team, than a 0-2 Denver team.

RedThat
09-19-2005, 11:37 AM
No, the Chiefs have no chance.

Yes we do. We are going to win this game.

oldandslow
09-19-2005, 11:40 AM
I think three factors can/will make the difference:

1. Roaf. If he is back hand the ball to Priest, hand the ball to Larry, hand the ball to Priest....you get the picture. Keeping the defense off the field in thin air is absolutely essential.

2. Johnson & Bell must have BIG games. Our Lb'rs are our strength and Bell MUST play better than he did against the Faders.

3. Donkeys have no one named Moss or Porter. They will try to run with misdirection - stop them - stay home, defend your area.

All in all, I am more worried about the Donks in Denver than I was the Faders in Chokeland.

Brock
Yes we do. We are going to win this game.

No. Huh-uh. :shake:

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
I feel really good about this game as long as Mike Anderson is the starting running back.

Anderson is a grinder, sure he might have a 20 yarder or something, but he isn't going to have many of those. I would be more worried about Bell in the running and passing game but to doubt he will be a factor.

I see us running a lot (again) and win this one my 10.
i hear Dayne is a possibility to start.
Ronnie vs. Chiefs II...this time it's regular season

RedThat
09-19-2005, 11:46 AM
My thoughts on this game:

First off, we CAN win this game. We have to be cautious though, and do some right things on defense. When I say cautious, Im directly referring to Chiefs defense, playing smart football. We have to be careful of the bootleg, and contain Plummer on the rollouts. Watch the misdirection plays, Denver is known for that. Watch the cutback runs, screens, Denver is known for that as well. Rod Smith is a Chiefs killer, always has been. We have to take him out of the game. Other than that, don't turn the ball over, don't take any penalties, and we should be alright.

el borracho
The Chiefs will kill the Broncos. They do nothing well and we will not always settle for field goals.

leviw
No. Huh-uh. :shake:

ROFL

I think we're going to roll. With the penetration the front four of SD was getting yesterday, there's not chance Gunther doesn't blitz him every which way. We can already start counting down to Plummer's self-destruction. We were limited to how often we could blitz last night because of that one reciever (No. 18, I believe...never caught his name. I don't think they mentioned it on the telecast). But that's not the case next Monday...

KC 38
DEN 13

Chiefs Pantalones
09-19-2005, 11:54 AM
ROFL

I think we're going to roll. With the penetration the front four of SD was getting yesterday, there's not chance Gunther doesn't blitz him every which way. We can already start counting down to Plummer's self-destruction. We were limited to how often we could blitz last night because of that one reciever (No. 18, I believe...never caught his name. I don't think they mentioned it on the telecast). But that's not the case next Monday...

KC 38
DEN 13

That's one thing I noticed, Denver's Oline sucks.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-19-2005, 11:55 AM
We saw Sampson at RT only once, IIRC, last night. Will he start next Monday? If so, we'll have our starting Oline for the first time this season.

Anyone have any info this?

Last time I ask, I swear. :)

picasso
09-19-2005, 11:58 AM
I watched the Denver Diego game yesterday and the Broncos looked weak. Sure they came back and won the game but Marty was ahead 14 - 3 going into halftime and I believe that everyone knows what happens in the second half of Marty ball with a lead. CONSERVATIVE!!! Broncos jumped on it afterwards with mid range passing and actually showed some defensive pressure but still they looked very lame for a home opener. The win may have lifted their spirits for the upcoming game against the Chiefs but in comparing the two teams I see KC taking this one easily.

JimNasium
09-19-2005, 12:06 PM
LJ and Priest are going to gut that defense. We will control the time of possession and win by at least 2 touchdowns.

Calcountry
09-19-2005, 12:21 PM
I am most concerned about the run defense and how they will defend the misdirection plays. The one play that they struggled with against the Jets was the bootleg... You think maybe we could game plan a way to stop that?

Calcountry
09-19-2005, 12:32 PM
ROFL

KC 38
DEN 13I like what I saw from our Defense.

Calcountry
09-19-2005, 12:33 PM
That's one thing I noticed, Denver's Oline sucks.The league won't let them chop block anymore.

KChiefs1
09-19-2005, 12:35 PM
I think the Chiefs have about a 25% chance....why?

Chiefs are playing back-to-back division rivals on national tv night games....I'm assuming it doesn't happen much & that the results are slanted against the team who has to make those road trips.

I don't think any realistic Chiefs fan can expect a win vs the Donk's next Monday Night.

KC Dan
09-19-2005, 12:40 PM
I don't think any realistic Chiefs fan can expect a win vs the Donk's next Monday Night.
Sourpuss

RedThat
09-19-2005, 12:42 PM
I think the Chiefs have about a 25% chance....why?

Chiefs are playing back-to-back division rivals on national tv night games....I'm assuming it doesn't happen much & that the results are slanted against the team who has to make those road trips.

We are going to win this game.

B_Ambuehl
09-19-2005, 12:45 PM
That's one thing I noticed, Denver's Oline sucks

I hope so but even then it will take a REALLY shitty o-line to struggle against our front 4. Jeez after watching that game last night there are college teams with a more productive 3 and 4 man front against the pass then what we have. The only positive I can give those guys is they do pick up their keys well on running plays and hold their man up well enough to allow the LBS to make tackles.

htismaqe
09-19-2005, 12:47 PM
You think maybe we could game plan a way to stop that?

It's not about the gameplan.

It's about discipline and control. Our DE's have to NOT crash inside, and our LB's have to NOT overrun/overreact.

If this was week 10, I'd say we'd be alright. But our biggest weapon in terms of athleticism is DJ and so far, I think this early in the season we may be forced to watch him bite on the boot too much...

Shag
09-19-2005, 12:58 PM
I saw the Raiders game as a much more difficult test for the Chiefs, primarily due to matchup of strengths. I would not have been surprised had we lost last night. I will be surprised if we lose against the Donx.

Raiders:
Offensively - strong through the air, but suspect on the ground. Good matchup for the Raiders, as the Chiefs are weak against the pass, but strong against the run.

Defensively - Strong against the run, weak against the pass. Again, a good matchup for the Raiders, as the Chiefs offense starts with and revolves around the run.

Donx:
Offensively - prefers a running attack, average passing attack due to below average QB and good, but not great, receivers. Chiefs are proving to be very strong against the run. If the Chiefs can shut down the running attack, they should win the game.

Defensively - suspect run and pass defense. Advantage Chiefs.

I think the Chiefs matchup MUCH better against the Donx than the Raiders, and I believe the Chiefs will triumph on Monday night in a close game. If Roaf is back, I have even more confidence.

vailpass
09-19-2005, 01:08 PM
I saw the Raiders game as a much more difficult test for the Chiefs, primarily due to matchup of strengths. I would not have been surprised had we lost last night. I will be surprised if we lose against the Donx.

Raiders:
Offensively - strong through the air, but suspect on the ground. Good matchup for the Raiders, as the Chiefs are weak against the pass, but strong against the run.

Defensively - Strong against the run, weak against the pass. Again, a good matchup for the Raiders, as the Chiefs offense starts with and revolves around the run.

Donx:
Offensively - prefers a running attack, average passing attack due to below average QB and good, but not great, receivers. Chiefs are proving to be very strong against the run. If the Chiefs can shut down the running attack, they should win the game.

Defensively - suspect run and pass defense. Advantage Chiefs.

I think the Chiefs matchup MUCH better against the Donx than the Raiders, and I believe the Chiefs will triumph on Monday night in a close game. If Roaf is back, I have even more confidence.

Broncos D held the best RB in the NFL, LaDainian Tomlinson, to 52 yards on 19 carries. Denver's run D is solid, and the pass rush looked to be clicking yesterday as well. If you are looking for something suspect in the Denver attack you are looking on the wrong side of the ball.

IMHO the game will come down to whether KC's mediocre D-linemen can hold their own. If they can, KC has a chance to pull out a win in Denver. If they can't, if Denver establishes a run game and has time to throw, KC will be hard-pressed to win a high-scoring game with their lack of a passing atack.

RINGLEADER
09-19-2005, 01:09 PM
I think three factors can/will make the difference:

1. Roaf. If he is back hand the ball to Priest, hand the ball to Larry, hand the ball to Priest....you get the picture. Keeping the defense off the field in thin air is absolutely essential.

2. Johnson & Bell must have BIG games. Our Lb'rs are our strength and Bell MUST play better than he did against the Faders.

3. Donkeys have no one named Moss or Porter. They will try to run with misdirection - stop them - stay home, defend your area.

All in all, I am more worried about the Donks in Denver than I was the Faders in Chokeland.

You summed up my feelings pretty well. One of the best plays in the Jets game was when Bell crashed down and picked up the screen. That was a play that killed us last year and he was on top of it. Needs to return to week one form and he and Derrick Johnson need to be on Plummer's azz to stop the bootleg and all the other misdirection they run.

Denver has put up 10 points and 13 points on offense the first two weeks. They played good defenses, but they're still not firing like they have in the past. And personally, despite the second half step-up, I still think that all aspects of their defense are suspect.

htismaqe
09-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Broncos D held the best RB in the NFL, LaDainian Tomlinson, to 52 yards on 19 carries. Denver's run D is solid, and the pass rush looked to be clicking yesterday as well. If you are looking for something suspect in the Denver attack you are looking on the wrong side of the ball.

IMHO the game will come down to whether KC's mediocre D-linemen can hold their own. If they can, KC has a chance to pull out a win in Denver. If they can't, if Denver establishes a run game and has time to throw, KC will be hard-pressed to win a high-scoring game with their lack of a passing atack.

If you want to call it a "lack of a passing attack" to make yourself feel better, feel free.

Of course, you should know that we play that way by DESIGN, not because of any perceived insufficiency...

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2005, 01:22 PM
The weakest link ain't the defense.....it's the offense....specifically the o-line. Want would you say is Kc's weakest unit...I would say your d-line with moderate linebackers. If roaf doesn't play....I think that hurts you pretty bad as well.

htismaqe
09-19-2005, 01:27 PM
The weakest link ain't the defense.....it's the offense....specifically the o-line. Want would you say is Kc's weakest unit...I would say your d-line with moderate linebackers. If roaf doesn't play....I think that hurts you pretty bad as well.

D-line.

I think you'll find out Monday night that our LB's are better than "moderate".

Shag
09-19-2005, 01:28 PM

And Dallas held him to 72. The Charger running attack hasn't been very imposing so far this year. The Donx gave up big yards on the ground to Miami, of all teams. Let's just say that I'm not sold on their rushing D. Plus, the Donx were able to stack the box with 8, because Brees was unable to beat them through the air - he had a very poor game. Trent is a much better QB, IMHO, and will be able to take advantage if they stack the box. Once they back the 8th man out, we'll be able to run on them without too much trouble, IMHO (this assumes Roaf is back, btw)...

I think the Chiefs will be strong against the run all year, due to the LBs. I think the key to our whole season will be pressuring the QB, and at least until Sims comes back (or maybe all season), that pressure will have to come from blitzes.

htismaqe
09-19-2005, 01:43 PM
I know our passing attack has looked anemic, but part of it is because Kennison has yet to get in the endzone.

I mean, it isn't like he can play against Champ Bailey every week.

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2005, 01:46 PM
D-line.

I think you'll find out Monday night that our LB's are better than "moderate".

I think moderate is a more than a fair assessment based on previous play. The most glaring point being your best one will be playing in his 3rd regular season game.

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2005, 01:49 PM
And Dallas held him to 72. The Charger running attack hasn't been very imposing so far this year. The Donx gave up big yards on the ground to Miami, of all teams. Let's just say that I'm not sold on their rushing D. Plus, the Donx were able to stack the box with 8, because Brees was unable to beat them through the air - he had a very poor game. Trent is a much better QB, IMHO, and will be able to take advantage if they stack the box. Once they back the 8th man out, we'll be able to run on them without too much trouble, IMHO (this assumes Roaf is back, btw)...

I think the Chiefs will be strong against the run all year, due to the LBs. I think the key to our whole season will be pressuring the QB, and at least until Sims comes back (or maybe all season), that pressure will have to come from blitzes.

they got 61 yards on a gadget play...the run defense is pretty good.

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2005, 01:49 PM
I know our passing attack has looked anemic, but part of it is because Kennison has yet to get in the endzone.

I mean, it isn't like he can play against Champ Bailey every week.

ROFL

ChiTown
09-19-2005, 01:53 PM

The phuck I don't. I fully expect them to go into Infestco and stomp a mudhole into Plummer and the Browncows a$$.

htismaqe
09-19-2005, 01:56 PM
I think moderate is a more than a fair assessment based on previous play. The most glaring point being your best one will be playing in his 3rd regular season game.

I never said your assessment wasn't fair. I was just letting you know ahead of time that you'll need to adjust it once you've seen them...

As for DJ playing in only his 3rd regular season game -- he's averaging 8 tackles and a turnover per right now -- whatever helps you sleep at night.

HemiEd
09-19-2005, 02:10 PM
If you want to call it a "lack of a passing attack" to make yourself feel better, feel free.

Of course, you should know that we play that way by DESIGN, not because of any perceived insufficiency...

Can you explain this to me. :hmmm: I for one was suprised by the lack of all out blitzes last night. I know it was by design and it worked. At the end of the game they showed a close up of Dick and Gunther. I was assuming it was Dick congratulating Gunther on his defensive game plan.

vailpass
09-19-2005, 02:19 PM

I have Trent Green as my starting fantasy QB.
You are god*mned right I'm calling it a lack of a passing attack!!
:cuss: :cuss:

tk13
09-19-2005, 02:26 PM
We never seem to play well in Denver... I think we have a good shot to win this time, we can do this, but I'd expect it to be a close game again... which will lead to more bitching about things that didn't happen, like giving LJ carries when Priest was running wild in the 4th quarter, or us taking offers to trade down for DJ, which will cause me to shoot somebody in the face.

KCTitus
09-19-2005, 02:28 PM
We never seem to play well in Denver... I think we have a good shot to win this time, we can do this, but I'd expect it to be a close game again... which will lead to more bitching about things that didn't happen, like giving LJ carries when Priest was running wild in the 4th quarter, or us taking offers to trade down for DJ, which will cause me to shoot somebody in the face.

ROFL

vailpass
09-19-2005, 02:29 PM

Exactly. KC has been without a stud LB for so long the fans are unerstandably desperate. To the starving man ground beef smells like steak.

DJ= A rookie with lots of upside but only 2 games of NFL experience. Hasn't learned to stay home; susceptible to the usual rookie errors.

Bell=remains to be seen if he can contribute consistent high-level play or if his best years are behind him. It's worth noting that Cowher is a shrewd judge of D talent and that the Steelers have a track record of only releasing D players that can no longer contribute.

K. Mitchell=LB that would not see significant PT on any top 20 D in the league.

All other KC LB's=not worth mentioning

KChiefs1
Sourpuss

I'm not saying the Chiefs aren't the superior team, because they are! But you have to always look at the circumstances surrounding the game too...it's not a good scenario for a Chiefs win next Monday!

Hammock Parties
I think we'll win for several reasons.

1. Roaf is back
2. Our early-season passing game appears to be further along than years past.
3. Denver has major problems on offense, especially in pass blocking and the running game.
4. Our defense, especially the run defense, is definitely improved.

We get an early lead and Denver screws up, the boo birds will come out. They jumped on Denver in the 2nd quarter yesterday.

jspchief
09-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Denver's D has never been our problem. It's always been our D.
We can move the ball against them, it's just a matter of whether we can keep them down. Judging from what I've seen so far this year, that shouldn't be as difficult as it has been in years past.

vailpass
09-19-2005, 02:32 PM
I think we'll win for several reasons.

1. Roaf is back
2. Our early-season passing game appears to be further along than years past.3. Denver has major problems on offense, especially in pass blocking and the running game.
4. Our defense, especially the run defense, is definitely improved.

We get an early lead and Denver screws up, the boo birds will come out. They jumped on Denver in the 2nd quarter yesterday.

As someone who was stupid enough to select Trent Green as his starting fanasy QB I would like to know how you have determined that the KC passing game is "further along than inyears past" when it has yet to score A REGULAR SEASON TOUCHDOWN?
:mad:

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 02:33 PM
We can move the ball against them, it's just a matter of whether we can keep them down. Judging from what I've seen so far this year, that shouldn't be as difficult as it has been in years past.

That's not entirely true. Last year in the season opener our passing game looked awful.

I think we'll be fine though. The wide receivers are on the same page with Green this year and we're getting the ball to Gonzalez.

I'd like to see them work out the screen game this week.

vailpass
09-19-2005, 02:36 PM

That's putting it kindly, thank you.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 02:36 PM
As someone who was stupid enough to select Trent Green as his starting fanasy QB I would like to know how you have determined that the KC passing game is "further along than inyears past" when it has yet to score A REGULAR SEASON TOUCHDOWN?
:mad:

Passing touchdowns aside, he's been pretty sharp, especially last night.

A far cry from the Ravens-esque passing offense we debuted with in Denver last year.

So while he's not been the ultimate stud fantasy QB, he IS completing over 60 percent of his passes for better than 8 yards per attempt. And the wide receivers are getting the ball. That WASN'T the case in years past.

tk13
09-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Last year in the opener their D was playing great until Plummer started throwing left handed... that opened the floodgates for us. Seems like the last two times we've played there we've had one great offensive half, and one terrible one. In 2003 we led at halftime and were tearing their D up, then scored maybe 1 TD in the 2nd half and got slaughtered. Last year was the opposite, we only had like 7-10 points at halftime and exploded in the 2nd half behind Priest.

vailpass
09-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Passing touchdowns aside, he's been pretty sharp, especially last night.

A far cry from the Ravens-esque passing offense we debuted with in Denver last year.

So while he's not been the ultimate stud fantasy QB, he IS completing over 60 percent of his passes for better than 8 yards per attempt. And the wide receivers are getting the ball. That WASN'T the case in years past.

Fair enough. We have different standards for evaluating the effectiveness of an air attack.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Fair enough. We have different standards for evaluating the effectiveness of an air attack.

The Chiefs passing attack kept them in the game last night. For awhile, it was all we could do to move the ball.

No one in this league throws for 300 yards a game.

chiefsfan1963
09-19-2005, 02:49 PM
I like our chances if we give LJ the ball about 16-20 times. We can still win w/ LJ getting the ball 8-9 times, but IMO our chances improve the more we move up the LJ carries.

vailpass
09-19-2005, 03:02 PM
The Chiefs passing attack kept them in the game last night. For awhile, it was all we could do to move the ball.

No one in this league throws for 300 yards a game.

I see your point, KC is using it's passing game to balance the attack and set up the run.
Still, your last statement is not part of the equation.

Weekly Leaders - Week 2

Week: 1 | 2
Passing Leaders
NAME TEAM SCORE STATUS COMP ATT YARDS TD INT
Brett Favre Packers CLE 26 at GNB 24 Final 32 44 342 3 2
Donovan McNabb Eagles SF 3 at PHI 42 Final 23 29 342 5 0
Carson Palmer Bengals MIN 8 at CIN 37 Final 27 40 337 3 1
Trent Dilfer Browns CLE 26 at GNB 24 Final 21 32 336 3 0
Kurt Warner Cardinals STL 17 at ARI 12 Final 29 42 327 0 1

HemiEd
09-19-2005, 03:06 PM
I see your point, KC is using it's passing game to balance the attack and set up the run.

Weekly Leaders - Week 2

Passing Leaders

......and a couple of them even won the game. :D

dirk digler
09-19-2005, 03:18 PM

Yep. Both Priest and LJ both had 150yds rushing against them last year with a combined 5 TD's.

vailpass
09-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Interesting. Priest and LJ both had 150yds rushing against them last year with a combined 5 TD's.

Not trying to speak for jspchief but it seems to me his point was that Denver's D traditionally hasn't stopped KC's O, rather KC's chances for victory hinge on the ability of the Chief D to stop the Denver O.
In short: you are preaching to his choir.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 03:23 PM

Weekly Leaders - Week 2

Passing Leaders

None of those guys will average 300 yards passing. That is what my statement was about.

The Chiefs averaged 275 yards passing last season. Last night we threw for 237. We were in no way anemic.

vailpass
09-19-2005, 03:24 PM
......and a couple of them even won the game. :D

Howdy Ed!
Congrats on getting out of Chokeland with a win and best of luck to your boys in the upcoming Monday night game. It should be a head-knocker.

dirk digler
09-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Not trying to speak for jspchief but it seems to me his point was that Denver's D traditionally hasn't stopped KC's O, rather KC's chances for victory hinge on the ability of the Chief D to stop the Denver O.
In short: you are preaching to his choir.

Yeah I was thinking about something else. Major brain fart. I changed it.

Thanks valipass.

vailpass
09-19-2005, 03:26 PM
None of those guys will average 300 yards passing. That is what my statement was about.

The Chiefs averaged 275 yards passing last season. Last night we threw for 237. We were in no way anemic.

Okay. Sounds good. Could ya get your non-anemic QB to toss a friggin TD or 2 before I have to bench his old ass for Chad Pennington?

redbrian
09-19-2005, 03:31 PM
As long as Plumbob is the qb the Chiefs have a very realistic chance of winning this game.

jspchief
In short: you are preaching to his choir.Exactly. I wasn't sure if he was disagreeing with me or trying to argue the very point I was making.

As for Green, his first two games may not be statistically impressive (especially in fantasy terms), but he's off to a good start and has been efficient and sharp. Green has a knack for stinking up the joint in the first few games of every year, and this year he hasn't done that. If it wasn't for the way he carved up the Faiders last night, we never would've won.

We seem to be playing a bit more conservative on offense than we have in the past. Especially when we get in the red zone. We're sticking to running the ball when we get in scoring range. IMO, we will be a better team for it.

Sydd
Okay. Sounds good. Could ya get your non-anemic QB to toss a friggin TD or 2 before I have to bench his old ass for Chad Pennington?

I'm sure that he will be more than happy to put up 4 or 5 this Monday. :)

vailpass
09-19-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm sure that he will be more than happy to put up 4 or 5 this Monday. :)

:banghead:

vailpass
09-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Exactly. I wasn't sure if he was disagreeing with me or trying to argue the very point I was making.

As for Green, his first two games may not be statistically impressive (especially in fantasy terms), but he's off to a good start and has been efficient and sharp. Green has a knack for stinking up the joint in the first few games of every year, and this year he hasn't done that. If it wasn't for the way he carved up the Faiders last night, we never would've won.

We seem to be playing a bit more conservative on offense than we have in the past. Especially when we get in the red zone. We're sticking to running the ball when we get in scoring range. IMO, we will be a better team for it.

Fantasy is just that: pretend. I agree with you, a QB can be having a good season and still stink it up in fantasy.
Conservative play is all that KC has needed to win the first 2 games, why should they show anything else? Hopefully we'll see more fireworks from both teams this Monday.

HemiEd
09-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Howdy Ed!
Congrats on getting out of Chokeland with a win and best of luck to your boys in the upcoming Monday night game. It should be a head-knocker.

Hey Vail, Agreed, it should be a telling game. To quote a famous broadcaster, "I really like what I am seeing."

dirk digler
09-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Exactly. I wasn't sure if he was disagreeing with me or trying to argue the very point I was making.

I was agreeing with you my fault.

I am starting to think we are being so conservative in the red zone is because of the lack of a consistent/proven WR opposite of Kennison.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 03:47 PM
I was agreeing with you my fault.

I am starting to think we are being so conservative in the red zone is because of the lack of a consistent/proven WR opposite of Kennison.

Who knows, but Parker is off to a good start.

I don't know why they don't activate Boerigter and throw to him in the red zone.

dirk digler
09-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I don't know why they don't activate Boerigter and throw to him in the red zone.

Me either.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Seriously, or Kris Wilson. 6'2 250...

jspchief
09-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Who knows, but Parker is off to a good start.

I don't know why they don't activate Boerigter and throw to him in the red zone.I don't know if I'd classify Parker's start as "good", but it's not bad either. He needs to stop dropping easy balls.

But I do think unkowns at WR may have a bit to do with it. Personally, I'm fine just running the ball inside the 20s.

I've had a bad feeling about Boe for a long time. I think he barely made this team, and got here more because of lack of something better. I find it odd that he's been inactive both weeks. I'm guessing that Wilson is taking his spot. Personally, I'm ready to see the Wilson experiment bloom, or move on to something more tried and true.

Freekofnature
09-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Depends on which Denver D appears.

dirk digler
09-19-2005, 03:59 PM
I don't know if I'd classify Parker's start as "good", but it's not bad either. He needs to stop dropping easy balls.

But I do think unkowns at WR may have a bit to do with it. Personally, I'm fine just running the ball inside the 20s.

I've had a bad feeling about Boe for a long time. I think he barely made this team, and got here more because of lack of something better. I find it odd that he's been inactive both weeks. I'm guessing that Wilson is taking his spot. Personally, I'm ready to see the Wilson experiment bloom, or move on to something more tried and true.

IMO the reverse to Wilson was a joke of a call. Saunders gets way too cute sometimes.

I can't remember who mentioned it to me and they may be on to something with Boe which is that maybe they are holding on to Boe until FredEx gets healthy and then cut him.

I hope not I like Boe but something is definitely up.

RedDread
09-19-2005, 04:49 PM
This game would be a huge win but I'm not banking on it. I'm noticing our D is not only playing better but it is also much better coached this year than it was last year. We'll be following our own blueprint that we made last year when we beat em 45-17.

None of this guarantees a win in Denver though.

Are the Broncos weak this year? Yes
Can we beat them? Yes, but it has been and will always be tough in Denver.

tiptap
09-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Teams have to deal with injuries. But we have two missing players beyond those injured. We looked like a team that can dominate with Sims play. With his loss we are an undersized defensive team. Won't get good pressure on the QB without blitzing. We can't afford to blitz at this time with McCleon playing at CB. We need to play zone. This could change when we get back our real CB. But that isn't until after the break. This week we face a team that can't play in Florida. They wilt under the heat and humidity. But they do play to their advantage at home in Denver. They were able to defense a Charger team that won the division last year. I expect that kind of defensive effort against KC.
I see the Denver team committed to the run on offense. They will recognize the undersized line play we bring to the game. They will want to run right at the Chiefs. And they will want to spook our LB with misdirection. I am concerned that our fall off in line play will put us at a disadvantage. If both Roaf and Sampson play we are in the game. But if both are out I think we will be worn down on defense and be trottled on offense. Bailey needs to be tested long but that requires that your line pass protect longer. I just don't know if both our lines will be up for the full game if we are missing guys on the offensive side.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Roaf is still questionable, he's improving.

He didn't like watching the game on TV, according to DV. He was at the squad meeting this morning, did some light jogging. He's improving, will see throughout the week if he will play.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Roaf is still questionable, he's improving.

He didn't like watching the game on TV, according to DV. He was at the squad meeting this morning, did some light jogging. He's improving, will see throughout the week if he will play.

Hopefully he improves enough to play next Monday. And hopefully Sampson starts at RT instead of Bober. All in all, hopefully we have our entire starting Oline together for the game.

Wallcrawler
09-19-2005, 07:48 PM
I dont think the Chiefs have won in Denver since Vermiel came to KC.

A good part of the reason for that was the consistently bad defense, but even with an improved defense with us, Denver is still a rough place to play.

Pulling out the win in the Black Hole, without Roaf, Sims, and Warfield boosts my confidence about the Chiefs' chances in Denver this year.

Denver looked absolutely awful against the Chargers. A big INT touchdown by Bailey, and a big punt return was what kept the Broncos from dropping that game.

Plummer is a joke of a QB, and Shanahan is still kicking himself in the ass for getting rid of Portis, because now he doesnt have a legitimate threat at RB, especially now that Alex Gibbs is gone.

I think if the Chiefs can get out to a 10-14 point lead, this game is in the bag. The D will make some stops for us. They stopped Moss and Porter, and Denver doesnt have any receivers of that caliber. As long as the offense can come out and execute and Al doesnt get cutesy with the football, the Chiefs can win this game and have the AFC West in a stranglehold after just 3 weeks.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-19-2005, 09:15 PM
I dont think the Chiefs have won in Denver since Vermiel came to KC.

A good part of the reason for that was the consistently bad defense, but even with an improved defense with us, Denver is still a rough place to play.

Pulling out the win in the Black Hole, without Roaf, Sims, and Warfield boosts my confidence about the Chiefs' chances in Denver this year.

Denver looked absolutely awful against the Chargers. A big INT touchdown by Bailey, and a big punt return was what kept the Broncos from dropping that game.

Plummer is a joke of a QB, and Shanahan is still kicking himself in the ass for getting rid of Portis, because now he doesnt have a legitimate threat at RB, especially now that Alex Gibbs is gone.

I think if the Chiefs can get out to a 10-14 point lead, this game is in the bag. The D will make some stops for us. They stopped Moss and Porter, and Denver doesnt have any receivers of that caliber. As long as the offense can come out and execute and Al doesnt get cutesy with the football, the Chiefs can win this game and have the AFC West in a stranglehold after just 3 weeks.

Well put. I hope we finally get em' at Denver. It'd be huge.

Mecca
09-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Considering Bailey is playing with a dislocated shoulder we should probably run some plays at him. I doubt he'll be to interested in sticking his head into a tackle, and well if he is, he can sit out the rest of the game when he aggravates his shoulder.

Denvers 2nd half defensive play had as much to do with San Diego looking bad as Denver being good. Brees wasn't making proper reads at all. Denver was lining up in overload blitzes and he wasn't changing to hot reads to get the ball out. It didn't help that the Chargers oline was just brutal they were giving Tomlinson no holes at all in the run game.

Lenny Walls is extremly blah in coverage, Bailey is playing with 1 arm. Lynch runs like he has a piano on his back, the pass rush is non existant unless the LB core is coming too. The defense isn't "that" good, people like to overrate it.

I think their defense is alot of smoke and mirrors, the good offenses in the league have exploited it time and time again.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Considering Bailey is playing with a dislocated shoulder we should probably run some plays at him. I doubt he'll be to interested in sticking his head into a tackle, and well if he is, he can sit out the rest of the game when he aggravates his shoulder.

Denvers 2nd half defensive play had as much to do with San Diego looking bad as Denver being good. Brees wasn't making proper reads at all. Denver was lining up in overload blitzes and he wasn't changing to hot reads to get the ball out. It didn't help that the Chargers oline was just brutal they were giving Tomlinson no holes at all in the run game.

Lenny Walls is extremly blah in coverage, Bailey is playing with 1 arm. Lynch runs like he has a piano on his back, the pass rush is non existant unless the LB core is coming too. The defense isn't "that" good, people like to overrate it.

I think their defense is alot of smoke and mirrors, the good offenses in the league have exploited it time and time again.

Nice.

Rep, mother f#cker.