PDA

View Full Version : Please Explain

Dr. Chief
09-19-2005, 12:50 PM
What is the point of the game thread. How can you post, remotely keep up with 1500 replies, and pay proper attention to the game?

headsnap
multitasking!

the Talking Can
the game thread is awesome...it's where you yell and scream and cuss...collectively

jAZ
09-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Many on this board don't have the game on TV in their local markets.

We have members from all over the country and the world.

|Zach|
09-19-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't touch game threads.

Simplex3
09-19-2005, 12:53 PM
There's also some tradition involved. It didn't use to get so many people.

IMO it's become nearly useless not because of the quantity of posts but because the board crawls on gameday.

Calcountry
09-19-2005, 12:57 PM
There's also some tradition involved. It didn't use to get so many people.

IMO it's become nearly useless not because of the quantity of posts but because the board crawls on gameday.By the time the server clears your post, the game has moved on to where it is moot. lol

KCTitus
Many on this board don't have the game on TV in their local markets.

Especially when it's nationally broadcast on ESPN.

jAZ
People watch in fits and spurts, and type in the spurts and fits.

jAZ
09-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Especially when it's nationally broadcast on ESPN.
Smart ass. ;)

Nzoner
09-19-2005, 01:01 PM
I don't touch game threads.

Me either,I prefer that my hands are available for holding my drinks and the remote.

go bo
09-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Me either,I prefer that my hands are available for holding my drinks and the remote.remote, huh?

is that what they're calling it these days?

Nzoner
09-19-2005, 01:25 PM
remote, huh?

is that what they're calling it these days?

It's universal as well.

headsnap
09-19-2005, 01:33 PM
It's universal as well.

men, women, and sheep? :spock:

Nzoner
09-19-2005, 01:50 PM
men, women, and sheep? :spock:

I knew I should've stayed in bed today. :doh!:

Hoover
09-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Hoover has wireless internet in Casa de Hoover, so if I wanted I could watch the game, and type. I choose not to.

PastorMikH
09-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Actually, I have found the game thread to be theraputic at times. Instead of yelling at the TV and annoying the wife who I am trying to get to sit with me and watch the game, I beat the keys to the computer frantically, at times even in caps and large print, to voice my frustrations. Being able to vent on the game thread has resulted in less outbursts from the wife concerning my behavior.

I will say this though, there was just about as much frustration in waiting for the reply page to open up as there was watching the game last night. I did learn that instead of hitting the post reply button, if I just hit the back button on the browser, I'd get the post screen then I'd only have to wait the duration between the time I hit post and actually got back to the BB.

Nzoner
09-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Actually, I have found the game thread to be theraputic at times. Instead of yelling at the TV and annoying the wife who I am trying to get to sit with me and watch the game, I beat the keys to the computer frantically, at times even in caps and large print, to voice my frustrations. Being able to vent on the game thread has resulted in less outbursts from the wife concerning my behavior.

Pastor your post reminded me of one of my grandpa's(a good Christian man) sayings when he gets extremely agitated.

"GREAT DAY IN THE MORNING!!"

Just had to share that with you and thanks for helping me think about him.

chiefs4me
09-19-2005, 05:20 PM

I will say this though, there was just about as much frustration in waiting for the reply page to open up as there was watching the game last night. I did learn that instead of hitting the post reply button, if I just hit the back button on the browser, I'd get the post screen then I'd only have to wait the duration between the time I hit post and actually got back to the BB.

huh...ROFL