PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Game Intro Last Night

tomahawk kid
09-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Did anyone else catch the Game intro last night?

Showed old Chiefs / Raiders highlights with Vermiel speaking in the background. I thought it was awesome.

Would it be possible for someone to post something like this on the board?

Dunit35
09-19-2005, 01:47 PM
I thought that intro was awesome...that just pumped me up for the game...

htismaqe
09-19-2005, 01:49 PM
I mentioned on the game thread that I thought it was really cool...

tomahawk kid
09-19-2005, 01:51 PM
I thought that intro was awesome...that just pumped me up for the game...

Me too. Especially the last line when Vermiel says, "but it will not be THESE men..."

So cool.

Hoover
09-19-2005, 01:55 PM
It was great, I thought it was odd that they would it with the Chiefs and not the Raiders since the game was in Oakland.

The Best Game Intro for a TV game ever.

Shag
09-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Agreed - it was very cool. Unfortunately, they played it at 7:29, and my tivo missed it... :( Would've liked to watch it again...

tk13
09-19-2005, 02:05 PM
It was great, I thought it was odd that they would it with the Chiefs and not the Raiders since the game was in Oakland.

The Best Game Intro for a TV game ever.
I'm not sure Norv could've pulled it off with the inflection and drama DV did...

jynni
09-19-2005, 02:10 PM
So does anyone have it on tape? I missed it.

Rain Man
09-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Awesome intro.

Maybe I'm old school, but my one criticism was that fast-moving MTV style. The clips were going so fast that I had a hard time recognizing the players. I wish they would have slowed it down a little so I could actually see the players and guess the era.

J Diddy
09-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Agreed - it was very cool. Unfortunately, they played it at 7:29, and my tivo missed it... :( Would've liked to watch it again...

Same frigging deal here. I usually set it up to start 3 minutes but I didn't last night.

KChiefs1
09-19-2005, 02:26 PM
DV is the most media savy head coach out there....probably due to his time that he spent doing the games for ABC w/Bent Musburger.

Skip Towne
09-19-2005, 02:35 PM
DV is the most media savy head coach out there....probably due to his time that he spent doing the games for ABC w/Bent Musburger.
Exactly. It was halfway through before I realized it was DV narrating it. His years in broadcasting made him a very polished speaker.

Bob Dole
09-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Maybe the Chiefs could post the clip on the official team website...

Nah...

tk13
09-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Maybe the Chiefs could post the clip on the official team website...

Nah...
I'd imagine ESPN has the rights to it...

Raiderhader
09-19-2005, 02:41 PM
I SAW it, but I didn't hear it. F#cking worthless sports bar. God, I hate that place. I was supposed to watch the game at my brother's, but that fell through. So in a last minute effort I hauled ass to the bar, where 5 minutes before game time some douche bag turns the tv sound off and switches to music. I was going to say something when he came back over to my side of the room, but he didn't, and someone else asked him to switch it back, after the intro had already taken place.

But it did LOOK cool. :cuss:

KCTitus
09-19-2005, 02:43 PM
The only problem I saw with the opener was that there wasnt enough Scanlon highlights in it.

chefsos
09-19-2005, 02:45 PM
The only problem I saw with the opener was that there wasnt enough Scanlon highlights in it.
Those went directly to the HOF.

Skip Towne
09-19-2005, 02:50 PM
I didn't see the clip where Ben Davidson speared Lenny and Otis Taylor attacked him. Did anyone else see it? It certainly should be included in there.

BigRedChief
09-19-2005, 02:52 PM
So does anyone have it on tape? I missed it.

Ping DRU

tk13
09-19-2005, 02:55 PM
You must've missed the deleted scenes after the game. "From holding penalties to getting juked out of your socks by a rookie kick returner, this game brings out the best in men..."

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Ping DRU

He didn't get the beginning.

DRU
09-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure my recording didn't get that part but I'm gonna look when I get home today.

Bob Dole
09-19-2005, 03:15 PM
I'd imagine ESPN has the rights to it...

That doesn't automatically preclude obtaining permission to make the thing available...

Raiderhader
09-19-2005, 03:29 PM
That doesn't automatically preclude obtaining permission to make the thing available...

Don't we have a contact with one of the Chiefs' web designers here? If so, let's utilize it and float the idea by him.

Bob Dole
09-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Don't we have a contact with one of the Chiefs' web designers here? If so, let's utilize it and float the idea by him.

Bob Dole was kind of hoping he'd read it... Bob Dole can't recall the guy's username.

Raiderhader
09-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Bob Dole was kind of hoping he'd read it... Bob Dole can't recall the guy's username.

Oh that's great, let's make him feel real special and forget his username. He won't do squat for us now.

Way to go, Bob!

Bob Dole
09-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Oh that's great, let's make him feel real special and forget his username. He won't do squat for us now.

Way to go, Bob!

That's why Bob Dole isn't a member of the social committee.

Rain Man
09-19-2005, 03:43 PM
I didn't see the clip where Ben Davidson speared Lenny and Otis Taylor attacked him. Did anyone else see it? It certainly should be included in there.

They showed the spear, but they didn't show Otis Taylor running in to nail Davidson. Then they showed a big pile of Chiefs whaling away on a Raid er, which I think was the ensuing brawl.

They showed a couple of great Buck Buchanan clips, too, one really cool face-on shot of him blowing up a Raid er lineman, and another one that I'm pretty sure was the well-known play where he steer-wrestled George Blanda into the ground.

Those were wonderful days. Pure good against pure evil, back when the Raid ers had a black and silver soul and the Chiefs protected the world against them.

JazzzLovr
09-19-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure Norv could've pulled it off with the inflection and drama DV did...

They had an alternate version with Norv narrating, but he kept spending so much time whining about the officiating that he couldn't finish the script before the clips were over.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 04:21 PM
I doubt Norv was even considered. He sounds like mushmouth when he talks.

Chief Henry
09-19-2005, 04:27 PM
SHoot, I missed it. I was just coming in from playing catch with my nephew. He won his first football game SUnday afternoon 8-6. He was still fired up, so we played some catch with my football.

WIsh I would have seen this pregame video ESPN used.

C-Mac
09-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Download .....Coming up
I missed the first 5 seconds though

Rain Man
09-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Download .....Coming up

Upon successful download, I will send a letter to the President nominating you for the Presidential Medal of Freedom. You are a modern American hero.*

* pending successful download.

Calcountry
09-19-2005, 04:35 PM

The Best Game Intro for a TV game ever.Maybe that was their way of making up for the shameless pimping for Moss and the Raiders that was to ensue.

C-Mac
09-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Upon successful download, I will send a letter to the President nominating you for the Presidential Medal of Freedom. You are a modern American hero.*

* pending successful download.

Had to downsize....

Tinlar
09-19-2005, 05:17 PM
All hail C-Mac... pending successful download. :)

Bob Dole
09-19-2005, 05:18 PM
Had to downsize....

And?

Have pity on us poor suckers that didn't get to see the thing.

C-Mac
09-19-2005, 05:21 PM
OK
Go to
www.KCChiefsGames.com

then go to

"Gameroom" and click on link or right click to save

This is a small version and I will post a larger in a few minutes

KCFANinNC
09-19-2005, 05:34 PM
nice thx

OldTownChief
09-19-2005, 05:35 PM
I SAW it, but I didn't hear it. F#cking worthless sports bar. God, I hate that place. I was supposed to watch the game at my brother's, but that fell through. So in a last minute effort I hauled ass to the bar, where 5 minutes before game time some douche bag turns the tv sound off and switches to music. I was going to say something when he came back over to my side of the room, but he didn't, and someone else asked him to switch it back, after the intro had already taken place.

But it did LOOK cool. :cuss:

Basically the same thing happened at the "sports" bar I went to. They have Chiefs stuff hanging all over the place so I thought it would be cool to watch a game in there. The big screen was on the game but only myself and a couple others were looking at it. The sound was low and very muffled and the stupid jukebox would automatically blast out a song every 5 minutes or so. When it was over I told the owner he should take all his Chiefs shit down and put up a bunch of redneck cowboy junk because that's all that was in there. What a waste of a good football night. I saw the intro but couldn't hear a word of it.

Skip Towne
09-19-2005, 05:49 PM
They showed the spear, but they didn't show Otis Taylor running in to nail Davidson. Then they showed a big pile of Chiefs whaling away on a Raid er, which I think was the ensuing brawl.

They showed a couple of great Buck Buchanan clips, too, one really cool face-on shot of him blowing up a Raid er lineman, and another one that I'm pretty sure was the well-known play where he steer-wrestled George Blanda into the ground.

Those were wonderful days. Pure good against pure evil, back when the Raid ers had a black and silver soul and the Chiefs protected the world against them.
That's exactly the way I remember it.

tomahawk kid
09-19-2005, 06:08 PM
OK
Go to
www.KCChiefsGames.com

then go to

You the man.

Thanks so much.

The clip of Buck drilling Blanda through the turf is enough to get anyone fired up.

C-Mac
09-19-2005, 08:23 PM
OK
Go to
www.KCChiefsGames.com

then go to

OK, I've added a larger (70meg) DVD quality movie get it while its hot because I cant leave it on the server very long.

OldTownChief
09-19-2005, 08:26 PM
OK, I've added a larger (70meg) DVD quality movie get it while its hot because I cant leave it on the server very long.

Thanks C-Mac. Cool site BTW.

StcChief
09-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks C-Mac downloading large file now.
DSL 79Kb/sec.

C-Mac
09-19-2005, 08:34 PM
Thanks C-Mac. Cool site BTW.

Thanks, its still not finished yet.
I have big plans for the site in the near future for I want to take some of the best of my archive games that I've had on tapes all these years and share them with everyone.

Poster Nutbag
09-19-2005, 08:47 PM
OK
Go to
www.KCChiefsGames.com

then go to

Wow, that was powerful! Thanks C-Mac. :toast:

Bob Dole
09-20-2005, 06:47 AM
OK
Go to
www.KCChiefsGames.com

then go to

Thanks C.!

osumatt
09-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Goosebumps...

Chief Henry
09-20-2005, 08:35 AM
C-Mac,

Thank you very-very much.

beavis
09-20-2005, 09:51 AM
That was awesome. Thanks C-Mac.

I love that music too. One of my favorite Moby tunes.

stevieray
09-20-2005, 09:55 AM
"anything worth having is not easily achieved"

:clap:

Crush
09-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Why is the large one not working for me? The little one works fine, but the large one keeps crashing Media Player.

Crush
09-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Why is the large one not working for me? The little one works fine, but the large one keeps crashing Media Player.

Never mind. Fixed it.

C-Mac
09-20-2005, 10:40 AM

Have you tried right clicking and go to "saving target as" then after its download, play it?

C-Mac
09-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Never mind. Fixed it.

Fine!

jspchief
09-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Kick Ass. Thanks C-mac

Why is the audio quality so poor?

By the way, that had too many clips of the '02 Raiders game where we layed down like whipped dogs. Damn I hate that game. Fuggin low point for the Chiefs.

InChiefsHell
09-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Seems like they needed more clips of DT. The only one I saw showed him face down in the turf...not cool...

InChiefsHell
09-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Hey, does anyone know which codec is required for the large file?

InChiefsHell
09-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Bump fer tech help!

C-Mac
09-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Hey, does anyone know which codec is required for the large file?

Not sure if I answer correctly but its a standard 640x480 mpeg file and t could possibly be DiVx. How can I check on my end?

C-Mac
09-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Kick Ass. Thanks C-mac

Why is the audio quality so poor?

I will look into it and repost when there is an improvement.

InChiefsHell
09-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Not sure if I answer correctly but its a standard 640x480 mpeg file and t could possibly be DiVx. How can I check on my end?

Sadly, I don't know. I've tried to understand this whole codec business, but it is a royal pain. I have a DivX player, but it still won't play. Oh well, I saw the small version. Very cool. Thanks for posting this stuff. Have some meager rep!