PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! ESPN disses the Chiefs AGAIN!

Bootlegged
09-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Around the Horn talking about best 2-0 teams....they mentioned EVERY team except teh Chiefs! Lawsuit!

FloridaMan88
09-19-2005, 03:11 PM
I think the question was the most surprising 2-0 team.

Personally I'd prefer to stay under the radar

Katipan
09-19-2005, 03:11 PM
i thought they were talking about "most surprising" 2-0 teams

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-19-2005, 03:12 PM
They'll be slobbering all down our knobs by the end of the season... and saying they knew it all along.

siberian khatru
Maybe they went to bed early last night.

tk13
ROFL I was just about to post about this. They mentioned every 2-0 team but the Chiefs. I love it. I was hoping they wouldn't, I like sneaking up on people. It was especially funny considering the first topic kept bringing up Randy Moss and how the Vikings were going to be worse without one of the best players in the game, and we beat him last night...

Eleazar
09-19-2005, 03:13 PM
That tears it. I'm suing their asses.

Thig Lyfe
09-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Doodyheads.

Skip Towne
09-19-2005, 03:14 PM
I think Amnorix would be interested in this case. He's all pissed off 'cause his shitty team got creamed yesterday.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-19-2005, 03:15 PM
ROFL I was just about to post about this. They mentioned every 2-0 team but the Chiefs. I love it. I was hoping they wouldn't, I like sneaking up on people. It was especially funny considering the first topic kept bringing up Randy Moss and how the Vikings were going to be worse without one of the best players in the game, and we beat him last night...
What's even funnier is that they all just knew that Minnesota was going to be a better team...a Super-Bowl team without him this year. Now it's sooooo obvious that they can't live without him...yet he's hasn't helped Oakland win either.

Sports media is so silly and stupid it's just an embarrasment to itself.

BigRedChief
09-19-2005, 03:15 PM
They'll be slobbering all down our knobs by the end of the season... and saying they knew it all along.

As if that is a good thing? Now if Suzie wants to thats okay but I don't think I want Sean Salisbury any where near my knob.

jspchief
09-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Their lawyers advised them to not mention the Chiefs due to the pending class action lawsuit.

tk13
09-19-2005, 03:19 PM
What's even funnier is that they all just knew that Minnesota was going to be a better team...a Super-Bowl team without him this year. Now it's sooooo obvious that they can't live without him...yet he's hasn't helped Oakland win either.

Sports media is so silly and stupid it's just an embarrasment to itself.
I forget which guy on the show it was, one of them actually had a brain about it and made the point that they'd spent all this money on defensive upgrades... Pat Williams/Smoot/Darren Sharper/etc... and their defense has been slaughtered up and down the field.

HemiEd
09-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Their lawyers advised them to not mention the Chiefs due to the pending class action lawsuit.
ROFL

siberian khatru
09-19-2005, 03:21 PM
As if that is a good thing? Now if Suzie wants to thats okay but I don't think I want Sean Salisbury any where near my knob.

I think the only knobs Suzy's interested in are the ones that open doors.

alpha_omega
09-19-2005, 03:22 PM
...this just in...Around the Horn sucks!

BigRedChief
09-19-2005, 03:22 PM

Shoot Cosmicpal's lawyers work faster than Cochran ever did.

Crush
09-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Who cares? Around the Horn is just an unfunny version of PTI.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Good. Let us fly under the Radar. I would almost just as soon lose a couple games so no one is talking about us and hyping us up.

tk13
09-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Chiefs are listed 7th on the rundown on PTI...

BigRock
09-19-2005, 04:08 PM
It wasn't just "surprising" 2-0 teams, they actually ran down the list of 2-0 teams at the beginning of the segment and left the Chiefs off it. But the weird thing was that they also ran down the 0-2 teams and there was no mention of Oakland.

Katipan
09-19-2005, 04:10 PM
because the question was which 0-2 team would come back.

jesus, is that you, woody?

RedDread
09-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Whether we want attention or not, it will come if we win next week in Denver. Doesn't matter if it's the ugliest win in franchise history, because our record there has been abysmal. Actually if win either of our next 2 games we'll get hyped. Just playing the Iggles is enough to get the hype going.

Calcountry
09-19-2005, 04:19 PM
ROFL I was just about to post about this. They mentioned every 2-0 team but the Chiefs. I love it. I was hoping they wouldn't, I like sneaking up on people. It was especially funny considering the first topic kept bringing up Randy Moss and how the Vikings were going to be worse without one of the best players in the game, and we beat him last night...Thats good lockeroom material.

Calcountry
09-19-2005, 04:20 PM
I think Amnorix would be interested in this case. He's all pissed off 'cause his shitty team got creamed yesterday.Where is the expert analysis on why the Panthers spanked them? I missed that thread so far. :D

Calcountry
09-19-2005, 04:22 PM
It wasn't just "surprising" 2-0 teams, they actually ran down the list of 2-0 teams at the beginning of the segment and left the Chiefs off it. But the weird thing was that they also ran down the 0-2 teams and there was no mention of Oakland.Maybe they taped that show before the game was over. :shrug:

Calcountry
09-19-2005, 04:25 PM
I think the only knobs Suzy's interested in are the ones that open doors.She likes Joe Namath's knob.

Chief Henry
09-19-2005, 04:33 PM
This story reminds me of something I noticed last night in the TV telecast. It was after we scored the first TD. I beleave it was one series after we
had scored.

I said something to my nephew about the score on the TV. ESPN forgot to put up our 7 points. They still had 0-0 score on the screen. My 11 year old nephew and I just laughed.

RedDread
09-19-2005, 04:41 PM
This story reminds me of something I noticed last night in the TV telecast. It was after we scored the first TD. I beleave it was one series after we
had scored.

I said something to my nephew about the score on the TV. ESPN forgot to put up our 7 points. They still had 0-0 score on the screen. My 11 year old nephew and I just laughed.

Yeah, they were having some problems with their on screen scoreboard last night. The clock kept resetting to :00 a bunch as well.

BigRock
09-19-2005, 05:21 PM
because the question was which 0-2 team would come back.

jesus, is that you, woody?

They ran down the list of 0-2 teams before getting into the question of which of those teams would come back. They also ran down the 2-0 teams before getting into which of those teams was the most surprising. In both examples, they didn't mention the Chiefs at 2-0 or the Raiders at 0-2.

It had nothing to do with the question they were asking, Woody.

Katipan
09-19-2005, 05:24 PM
thats not how that show works precious

Tinlar
09-19-2005, 05:25 PM
We were the night game... most of the show was probably prerecorded before out game was finished.

Skip Towne
09-19-2005, 05:25 PM
had scored.

I noticed it and mentioned it in the game thread.

Katipan
09-19-2005, 05:28 PM
i love the randy moss screen shot.

with 1:30 something left in the 4th

chiefs 2-0
raiders 0-2

Mark M
09-19-2005, 07:22 PM
The first person who can tell me why I should care what anyone on ESPN thinks (and can then convince me to give a shit) gets a dollar.

MM
~~:shrug:

Bootlegged
09-19-2005, 07:26 PM
The first person who can tell me why I should care what anyone on ESPN thinks (and can then convince me to give a shit) gets a dollar.

MM

Brooke Burke works at ESPN and will make nude appearances at the home of her team of the week.

|Zach|
09-19-2005, 07:27 PM

MM
Oh man you asked for it...another post about someone from ESPN sucking cock is on the way...for the millionth time.

Bootlegged
09-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Oh man you asked for it...another post about someone from ESPN sucking cock is on the way...for the millionth time.

And then another post from someone bitching about a satire post about ESPN sucking is on the way.....it's a vicious cycle.

|Zach|
09-19-2005, 07:43 PM
And then another post from someone bitching about a satire post about ESPN sucking is on the way.....it's a vicious cycle.
Your posts are much much better when you are crying about the media...playing stupid...or doing both. You should stick to it.

Bootlegged
09-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Your posts are much much better when you are crying about the media...playing stupid...or doing both. You should stick to it.

Jibajaba jibajaba. Now get back under the cover with Taco before he slaps another mushroom bruise on your forehead.

tk13
09-19-2005, 07:56 PM
It's the damn liberal media. They know DV and Carl are both staunch republicans, and this is their underhanded way of sticking it to them.

go bo
09-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Jibajaba jibajaba. Now get back under the cover with Taco before he slaps another mushroom bruise on your forehead.mushroom bruise, huh?

are you speaking from experience?

with taco, or with someone else? :p :p :p