PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs on PTI

jspchief
09-19-2005, 03:33 PM
... in about 4 minutes.

jspchief
09-19-2005, 03:34 PM
My prediction is that they point out the TD the Refs stole from Moss.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-19-2005, 03:40 PM
My prediction is that they point out the TD the Refs stole from Moss.
and how he made the play of the century on his td catch when he "didn't push off" of Knight to make the catch.

Loco
09-19-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm glad no one is giving the Chiefs credit on the power ranking polls. DV and co. will use it as motivation to stomp a mudhole in the Bronco's. Plus we definitely didn't look spectacular last night.

Mile High Mania
09-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Good for Wilbon...

jspchief
09-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Pretty spot on if you ask me. They basically said they'll believe the D is improved when they see it. I have to agree. We've looked improved so far, but we still have a ways to go and I want to see it from us through more than two games.

tk13
09-19-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't have a problem with what he said, I think he's right, we should have to prove it. The only funny part about it is that the Colts have already "proved it" after two weeks against much, much worse offenses. We held Oakland to less points than the Patriots did.

KingPriest2
09-19-2005, 03:52 PM
I don't have a problem with what he said, I think he's right, we should have to prove it. The only funny part about it is that the Colts have already "proved it" after two weeks against much, much worse offenses. We held Oakland to less points than the Patriots did.

And that was in NE when we played Oak there

Loco
09-19-2005, 03:53 PM
That's what was so funny about week 1. The Colts stopped the potent Raven offense. They did get alot of pressure on the QB and did a good job against the run but come on, They're still the Ravens. The Chiefs stuffed the Jets who at the beginning of the year were getting hyped as a potential superbowl team. Advantage: Chiefs

Put our defense against an offense like the Ravens and I'm sure by the end of the game they have negative points.

Hoover
09-19-2005, 03:56 PM
I think that Indy's D is better than the Chiefs right now. I think they have a better D Line than we have. I think Our D will get better once Warfield comes back.

All that said, we don't have to be #1 on Defense. Shit 20 would be effin great.

Brock
09-19-2005, 03:59 PM
I think that Indy's D is better than the Chiefs right now. I think they have a better D Line than we have. I think Our D will get better once Warfield comes back.

All that said, we don't have to be #1 on Defense. Shit 20 would be effin great.

The Colts, like the Chiefs, have proven exactly nothing.

htismaqe
09-19-2005, 03:59 PM
We held Oakland to less points than the Patriots did.

AT Oakland...

Hoover
09-19-2005, 04:00 PM
The Colts, like the Chiefs, have proven exactly nothing.
I think Both teams have proven that their D's are better than last years units.

dirk digler
09-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Colts get another tough Offensive team this week against the vaunted Browns in the Dome.

RedDread
09-19-2005, 04:05 PM
By all accounts the Packers D could be the worst unit in the NFL this year

tk13
09-19-2005, 04:06 PM
There's no doubt the Colts can defend the pass, simply because they have such a quick front four that gets to the QB, then the back 7 can drop back in coverage, perfect for what Dungy wants to do. Plus they have Bob Sanders for a full season this year, plus Marlin Jackson, that makes their secondary that much better.

I'm still not sure a good O-line with a good running back can't bowl them over. I think a team like us or Pittsburgh or Cincinnati has a formula to really put a hurting on their defense.

tk13
09-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Colts get another tough Offensive team this week against the vaunted Browns in the Dome.
The schedule really plays in their favor. These first two games were supposed to be their two toughest in the 1st half of the season. Now they have to play Cleveland, Tennessee, San Fran, Houston, etc... they could be looking at 7-0 before they face New England, and they even get a bye week to prepare for them. A lot of their 2nd half games are at home... they really have a schedule advantageous for giving them home field advantage.

DTLB58
09-19-2005, 04:11 PM
I think Both teams have proven that their D's are better than last years units. :clap:

You would have to be blind not to have seen this. Anyone that thinks different is jealous in denial or a baseball fan. :p

DTLB58
09-19-2005, 04:17 PM
At least we got some air time with the PTI guys, and I also have no problems with what Wilbon said.

They talked about the best 2-0 teams on around the horn right before PTI and the host didn't even give the panelist the Chiefs to choose from as the best 2-0 team. WTF???

Now, I'm not saying we are better than the Steelers or Colts right now. But we at least deserve to be discussed especially since the Bucs were considered.......

Brock
09-19-2005, 04:19 PM
I think Both teams have proven that their D's are better than last years units.

So far, so good, so what.

Red Dawg
09-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Beat the Brocos at thier field, then come home and beat the Eagles and the media talk will be flowing.

KCFANinNC
09-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Beat the Brocos at thier field, then come home and beat the Eagles and the media talk will be flowing.

Me too.

irishjayhawk
09-19-2005, 06:22 PM
So far, so good, so what.
I tend to agree here.

That said, if you had to pick one of the two that was better, the Chiefs have definately stopped better offenses than the colts.

All the media does is prove that it has a bias. Noone shows love towards KC. That in and of itself should motivate our players.

shaneo69
09-19-2005, 07:30 PM
One of the geniuses on ESPN (I think it was Stuart Scott) annointed Dwight Freeney the best defensive player in football last night. I guess DF is the next media darling who will have a camera constantly on him so that the announcers can always see what Freeney does on each play.

shaneo69
09-19-2005, 07:35 PM
I think that Indy's D is better than the Chiefs right now. I think they have a better D Line than we have.

Can anyone name a starting Colts' LB? Mike Peterson? No. Marcus Washington? No.

If you said Cato June, Gary Brackett, and/or David Thornton, you win a prize.

Straight, No Chaser
09-19-2005, 07:43 PM
One of the geniuses on ESPN (I think it was Stuart Scott) annointed Dwight Freeney the best defensive player in football last night. I guess DF is the next media darling who will have a camera constantly on him so that the announcers can always see what Freeney does on each play.

If you're going to quote someone get it right: it was Sean Salsbury who said that (he an ex-QB; Scott an ex-nobody)

--->

shaneo69
09-19-2005, 07:53 PM
If you're going to quote someone get it right: it was Sean Salsbury who said that (he an ex-QB; Scott an ex-nobody)

--->

I didn't quote anyone, and I didn't say for sure that it was Stu Scott, but thanks for clarifying. In any event, if the Ravens were 2-0, the ESPN geniuses would be calling Ray Lewis or Ed Reed the best defensive player in football. With ESPN, it's all about the bandwagon.

J Diddy
09-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Me too.

I wouldn't have time I'd be spanking it watching chiefs game on the dvr for the next week.

CoMoChief
09-19-2005, 08:02 PM
There's no doubt the Colts can defend the pass, simply because they have such a quick front four that gets to the QB, then the back 7 can drop back in coverage, perfect for what Dungy wants to do. Plus they have Bob Sanders for a full season this year, plus Marlin Jackson, that makes their secondary that much better.

I'm still not sure a good O-line with a good running back can't bowl them over. I think a team like us or Pittsburgh or Cincinnati has a formula to really put a hurting on their defense.

Don't forget about Mike Doss. Or is he hurt? I can't remember.

tk13
09-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Don't forget about Mike Doss. Or is he hurt? I can't remember.
He was suspended in week 1, but played yesterday.

CoMoChief
09-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Can anyone name a starting Colts' LB? Mike Peterson? No. Marcus Washington? No.

If you said Cato June, Gary Brackett, and/or David Thornton, you win a prize.

It doesn't matter if we can name the players on their defense. The fact is, is that they can get to the QB alot quicker than we can. Our secondary is better than their's, though theirs is up and coming IMO. Our LB's are better though, but just because their no namers doesn't mean they're not any good.

shaneo69
09-19-2005, 08:36 PM
It doesn't matter if we can name the players on their defense. The fact is, is that they can get to the QB alot quicker than we can. Our secondary is better than their's, though theirs is up and coming IMO. Our LB's are better though, but just because their no namers doesn't mean they're not any good.

If you can run the ball worth a damn, it doesn't matter if their d-line can get to the QB. June is a converted safety, Brackett is a journeyman, and Thornton is decent but not a playmaker. You should be able to run against this team.

Straight, No Chaser
09-19-2005, 08:37 PM
... With ESPN, it's all about the bandwagon.

It's a crying shame too.

They have lost sight of presenting to us what we need to know about our sport(s). Didactic comes to mind. Heavy-handed, in-your-face, popularity-driven mediocrity. I used to say this to my peeps during the Marty years when KC's defense played an aggressive style and would get flagged for it --we used to know the referee's names, call them out like they were players-- because the game had become about them and not the players making plays. Why should we know the ref's names? If we do, it's a problem. Same way with ESPIN's talking heads. They don't freaking get it --it's not about what they think, or what they think we should think, it's about the GAME, not their programming, opinions, or entropy-ridden attempts at sports entertainment (i.e. 50 states in 50 days).
I know when they get control of MNF it will become more like a variety show than a football telecast. I guess I'm getting old...

--->