PDA

View Full Version : DT Play Last Night.....Pretty Pitiful

NaptownChief
09-19-2005, 05:17 PM
We put virtually zero pressure on the pocket all last night. Siavii was getting blown backwards the handful of times I watched him specifically. Dalton mustered 1 assisted tackle. Browning and Siavii didn't even muster an friggen assist.

Sims has been about as big a disappointment in a Chiefs uni as imaginable but to his credit in just the few snaps he was on the field last week he made more noise than Browning, Dalton and Junior POS did all of last night combined.

The speed and talent upgrade at LB'er with Johnson and Bell has been nice and was a great step in the right direction but I can't imagine this team going anywhere in the playoffs unless we get dramatically better play up the middle from the DT position.

the Talking Can
09-19-2005, 05:21 PM
that's the reason we won't be a top 10 D....I had no idea Siavii actually played, I still wish we'd pick somebody up

it will be hard to compensate with the blitz all season long...

nascher
09-19-2005, 05:22 PM
yeah very ! ROFL 3,9 ypc and 71 ry without DL play.

Get a clue :)

The Raiders O-Line isn't bad and You also need some pressure from the DE normally the DT's are supposed to "stop" the run.

CoMoChief
09-19-2005, 05:31 PM

The Raiders O-Line isn't bad and You also need some pressure from the DE normally the DT's are supposed to "stop" the run.

The Jets Oline is better than OAK, yet we got pressure on them and not the Raiders?

NaptownChief
09-19-2005, 05:34 PM

Why don't you get a clue and size down that sig picture?

If that OLineman doesn't give the bear hug on the opposite side of that Jordan run he takes to the house it would hardly be 71 yards and 3.9 per carry. And they only carried the ball 16 times because we chewed up the TOP which is why the total rushing yards look like we did a good job.

HemiEd
09-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Oh good, another we suck and were lucky to win thread. :rolleyes:

beer bacon
09-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Why don't you get a clue and size down that sig picture?

If that OLineman doesn't give the bear hug on the opposite side of that Jordan run he takes to the house it would hardly be 71 yards and 3.9 per carry. And they only carried the ball 16 times because we chewed up the TOP which is why the total rushing yards look like we did a good job.

Wait wait wait. Are you saying that if the game went differently then it did then the stats would be different?

mikey23545
09-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Wait wait wait. Are you saying that if the game went differently then it did then the stats would be different?

Makes sense to me...

:p

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 05:42 PM
NASCHER!

YOUR SIG IS WAY TOO ****NG HUGE!

CHANGE IT!

petegz28
09-19-2005, 05:43 PM
We rushed only 4 guys pretty much all night. The D held the Raiders to 17 points. That is less than the Almighty Patriots held them too in new England.

So kiss the fatest part of my ass! Our D rocked!

go bo
09-19-2005, 05:46 PM
there's no reason to yell, goat boy...

Rain Man
09-19-2005, 05:51 PM
I had no idea that Siavii played. I saw him on the sidelines once, but I didn't know he was actually in the game. Amazing.

shakesthecat
09-19-2005, 05:55 PM
this team is imploding

Delano
09-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Good thing we put all those draft picks into the position over the last few years.

siberian khatru
09-19-2005, 05:57 PM
I had no idea that Siavii played. I saw him on the sidelines once, but I didn't know he was actually in the game. Amazing.

Mitch Holthus, the master of misdirection.

siberian khatru
09-19-2005, 05:58 PM

Oh, and BTW, the Raiders had no idea Siavii played, either. :)

ROYC75
09-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Never saw Jr. on the field..........ever .

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Never saw Jr. on the field..........ever .

I only saw him once, but he did play.

Billyjoebrave
09-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Where's Arrion Dixon when you need him?

shaneo69
09-19-2005, 07:21 PM
The Jets Oline is better than OAK, yet we got pressure on them and not the Raiders?

The fans at Arrowhead can help an average d-line create pressure by making it tough for the o-line to hear the snap count. A split-second head start is all it takes.

Iowanian
09-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Aarion Dixon sucks baows.....he's so bad, he can't beat Siavii for his playing time.

Carl DOES need to bring in a DT....my list is already posted.

jspchief
09-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Where's Arrion Dixon when you need him?14 posts from you and I bet every one of them is about Arrion Dixon. How are you related to him?

StcChief
09-19-2005, 08:38 PM
I was expecting some released DT to be brough in this week.

I guess with the W and they must feel that Dungver is manageable by fill in Jr. the spitter.

shaneo69
09-19-2005, 08:42 PM
I was expecting some released DT to be brough in this week.

I guess with the W and they must feel that Dungver is manageable by fill in Jr. the spitter.

I think they usually bring them in on Tuesday, so maybe tomorrow we'll know more. Didn't they bring in Alan Harper last Tuesday for a look-see? I would like to see them sign somebody so that Wilkerson can go back to DE and save Allen for passing situations.

brent102fire
09-19-2005, 08:53 PM
I don't really remember Collins getting knocked down at all. I do believe the Chiefs D-Line needs to bring more pressure and blow the O-line up. I would like to see more DT's in the backfield...

milkman
09-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Has there been any more word on Sims?
Do we know how long he is out for?

shaneo69
09-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Has there been any more word on Sims?
Do we know how long he is out for?

He's currently in Carolina getting a 2nd opinion.

milkman
09-19-2005, 09:12 PM
He's currently in Carolina getting a 2nd opinion.

Well damn, who the hell is the doctor that he's seeing, that it has taken nearly a week to get that second opinion?

nascher
09-19-2005, 09:16 PM
lol way too small :)

buy a greater screen like 21" :)

OldTownChief
09-19-2005, 09:22 PM
lol way too small :)

buy a greater screen like 21" :)

The screen size is irrelevant. It's a rule on this board.

nascher
09-19-2005, 09:27 PM
okay ???

OldTownChief
09-19-2005, 09:29 PM
okay ???

Much better but still outside the guidelines. It is a cool pic tho.

nascher
09-19-2005, 09:31 PM
i reduce it tomorrow.

OldTownChief
09-19-2005, 09:36 PM
i reduce it tomorrow.

FWIW Here is a link that addresses this.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122326

Logical
09-19-2005, 10:23 PM
I had no idea that Siavii played. I saw him on the sidelines once, but I didn't know he was actually in the game. Amazing.I would be even more amazed as I thought his name was on the inactives list for the week.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2005, 10:52 PM
600 wide by 200 long are the limitations. Here you go, use this one:

Pitt Gorilla
09-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Isn't Attiah Ellison available?

Pitt Gorilla
09-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Never mind. He was just promoted from Carolina's practice squad. Of course, we could have signed him a week ago. :shake:

Dr. Chief
09-19-2005, 11:23 PM

You've got it all wrong. All stats and related scores are predetermined by Vegas and the NFL. If things in the game start to get out of hand the refs throw a flag to get things back under control, and that's why the Moss and Jordan TD's were called back.

It's true, just ask any Faider fan.

jspchief
09-20-2005, 06:10 AM
I would be even more amazed as I thought his name was on the inactives list for the week.He definately played. It's listed in the gamebook that he was a substitution.

NaptownChief
09-27-2005, 08:38 PM

The Randy Moss and the Raiders O-Line isn't bad and You also need some pressure from the DE normally the DT's are supposed to "stop" the run.

Still impressed with that DT play there nascar?

el borracho
09-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Our inability to field a decent Dline has killed us for years. How many draft picks have we spent on the line in the Vermeil era and our line is horrible. We have situational players (Allen) and carreer backups (Hicks and Browning) for starters. To this date Siavii and Wilkerson are no better than Freeman which is to say a notch below Downing in production. Pathetic.

NaptownChief
09-28-2005, 07:15 AM
Our inability to field a decent Dline has killed us for years. How many draft picks have we spent on the line in the Vermeil era and our line is horrible. We have situational players (Allen) and carreer backups (Hicks and Browning) for starters. To this date Siavii and Wilkerson are no better than Freeman which is to say a notch below Downing in production. Pathetic.

I blame the Dline problems on the coaching staff. Sims, Freeman, Downing and Siavii have all been busts of the biggest kind. But factor in sub par play from guys like Browning and everyone else we have trotted out tells me that while our coaching staff doesn't have a great eye for talent but they are even worse at coaching whatever talent they have. It is almost mathematically impossible to spend as many picks as the Chiefs have at the top rounds of the draft at DT and not have a single one of them at least be adequate. Ask yourself this, if Bill Belichick or Jim Johnson(Eagles DC) were they ones coaching Sims, Freeman, Downing and Siavii do you truly believe they would have been this bad? I sure as hell don't. My guess is one if not more would have been playing at a level that most would be talking pro bowl. Belichick and Johnson make journeyman bums play hard and look good. Give them players with raw potential and alleged big upside and we wouldn't see this garbage.

Then again Belichick probably doesn't do group hugs and group cries and that is really what is important. :banghead:

htismaqe
09-28-2005, 07:47 AM
The long Mike Anderson run was the clincher. Even though Kawika and DJ overran the play (thanks jspchief), part of the reason they couldn't get back in the play is because they were 1-on-1 (or in Mitchell's case 1-on-2) versus offensive linemen because our defensive line got blown up. John Browning should not be playing defensive tackle, ESPECIALLY in a 3-4 set...

htismaqe
09-28-2005, 07:49 AM
I blame the Dline problems on the coaching staff. Sims, Freeman, Downing and Siavii have all been busts of the biggest kind. But factor in sub par play from guys like Browning and everyone else we have trotted out tells me that while our coaching staff doesn't have a great eye for talent but they are even worse at coaching whatever talent they have. It is almost mathematically impossible to spend as many picks as the Chiefs have at the top rounds of the draft at DT and not have a single one of them at least be adequate. Ask yourself this, if Bill Belichick or Jim Johnson(Eagles DC) were they ones coaching Sims, Freeman, Downing and Siavii do you truly believe they would have been this bad? I sure as hell don't. My guess is one if not more would have been playing at a level that most would be talking pro bowl. Belichick and Johnson make journeyman bums play hard and look good. Give them players with raw potential and alleged big upside and we wouldn't see this garbage.

Then again Belichick probably doesn't do group hugs and group cries and that is really what is important. :banghead:

I'm not sure I agree.

Monty Beisel sucked here. He still sucks in New England.

NaptownChief
09-28-2005, 07:50 AM
The long Mike Anderson run was the clincher. Even though Kawika and DJ overran the play (thanks jspchief), part of the reason they couldn't get back in the play is because they were 1-on-1 (or in Mitchell's case 1-on-2) versus offensive linemen because our defensive line got blown up. John Browning should not be playing defensive tackle, ESPECIALLY in a 3-4 set...

I think Browning is DV's love child so he will continue to play and DV will continue to tell the world how he is not only our best DT but one of the best in the game.

brent102fire
09-28-2005, 08:15 AM
It's too late...the D-line is what it is... :shake:

Chiefnj
09-28-2005, 08:25 AM
I really don't know what the Chiefs are doing, or thinking, in regards to the DL. Entering the season it seemed somewhat foolish to only go in with 4 tackles when two of them were injured most of preseason. Then they lose Sims in game one and still nothing is done.

The front four does not create any pressure on their own. Early in the season blitz packages can make up for some of that; if they blitz. I don't know why they didn't throw more people at Jake when it was obvious he had lots of time to find soft spots in the zone. The bigger problem is that as the season goes on blitzes lose their effectiveness as offenses catch up with the D and pass protection generally improves. The TMQB has lots of articles how late in the season and in the post-season the blitz usually hurts more than it helps.

Other questions that I have after 3 games. Was Sapp injured Monday night? They lined Wesley up against the slot receiver on certain plays, and often he was beaten. I'm not blaming Wesley, but it seemed odd that an extra corner wasn't in. If Ambrose and Sapp can't beat out Wesley for the third corner spot, get rid of them and bring Hodge up and give a younger guy with potential some playing time.

BigChiefFan
09-28-2005, 08:28 AM
I agree our D-line didn't look good against Denver. However, compared to how much rushing yards we've given up to them the past few years, we actually were improved if you can believe that. LJ's fumble had more to do with us getting rattled than our D-line play, IMO. EVERYTHING that could have gone wrong for the Chiefs did. I think our D-line could use an upgrade, but they are improved.

NaptownChief
09-28-2005, 08:55 AM
I think our D-line could use an upgrade, but they are improved.

I don't think the DLine is improved at all...everything around them is more talented which will certainly help them out but I don't think they are improved one bit...unless Carlos Hall can get past the vaginitis and offer something.

BigChiefFan
09-28-2005, 08:59 AM
I don't think the DLine is improved at all...everything around them is more talented which will certainly help them out but I don't think they are improved one bit...unless Carlos Hall can get past the vaginitis and offer something.

Did you see the stats on the rushing yards we have given up to the Broncos the past few years? The long Mike Anderson run was a dagger in our back, but that's the ONLY long run we gave up. In year's past we gave up SEVERAL long runs per game. Sure, I would prefer an upgraded D-line, but we are improved, IMO.

NaptownChief
09-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Did you see the stats on the rushing yards we have given up to the Broncos the past few years? The long Mike Anderson run was a dagger in our back, but that's the ONLY long run we gave up. In year's past we gave up SEVERAL long runs per game. Sure, I would prefer an upgraded D-line, but we are improved, IMO.

You don't think that the vastly upgraded LB'ers or secondary could have any hand in that?

Gaz
Improved, yes, but not good enough.

Given our lack of serviceable depth at DT, the loss of Sims was a brutal blow.

We have major upgrades at LB, CB & S. That will help the DL, but Defense starts up front and the guys up front are not getting penetration. Gunther will have to blitz and it is never a Good Thing when you HAVE to blitz. Once we start blitzing from need, the long plays will come back.

Hopefully, the increased speed at LB and increased talent in the secondary will eliminate some of the big gainer opportunities presented by increased blitzing.

xoxo~
Gaz
Trying to be all Zen about the whole thing.

Chiefnj

The difference in giving up long runs can be credited to the LBs and secondary. In years past they were too slow and out of position.

Rausch
09-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Improved, yes, but not good enough.

Given our lack of serviceable depth at DT, the loss of Sims was a brutal blow.

We have major upgrades at LB, CB & S. That will help the DL, but Defense starts up front and the guys up front are not getting penetration. Gunther will have to blitz and it is never a Good Thing when you HAVE to blitz. Once we start blitzing from need, the long plays will come back.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

If the blitz gets to the Pencil-neck odds are you prevent the big play.

Last year the Steelers secondary was suspect but blitzing took pressure off of 'em and made them at least decent in defending the pass.

There there were teams like us last year...wait....we were the only team that I can think of last year where blitz or no blitz, pressure or no pressure, 3rd and long was an easy conversion for the other team.

BigChiefFan
09-28-2005, 09:19 AM
You don't think that the vastly upgraded LB'ers or secondary could have any hand in that?
I definitely think the LBers have helped, but the DE is responsible for contain as well.

Just an FYI, I'm not saying we are all-world along the D-line, just that we are IMPROVED.

htismaqe
09-28-2005, 09:29 AM
The only reason we're not giving up the big plays in the running game is because our LB's are so much better.

And their not going to continue to improve if the line can't keep the big uglies off of them...

RedThat
09-28-2005, 09:30 AM
3 gms D-Line=2 sacks

3 gms Defense=5 sacks

*Were well on our way to 50 sacks this year Mr.Hicks!