PDA

View Full Version : Arrested Development Season 3

Megbert
09-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Starts tonite!! 8pm/7pm. Just a heads up.

Miles
09-19-2005, 07:14 PM
http://imoscar.com/

Ultra Peanut
09-19-2005, 09:37 PM
"Taste the happy, Michael! Taste it!"
"Tastes kind of like sad."

"You seem more villainous than usual, Mom. Are you sober?"
"Michael, it's 8 AM."
"So, it's not that."

EVE HOLT! (not to mention the "He Came" statue)

"Hey, dad, look what I found!"

"Look, I know this is gonna sound kind of crazy, but my family actually has a cabin in the woods for one night. Maybe we could go up to Reno, get the keys, and... go camping! You know, sort of a... son and son thing!"
If Steve had had a father, he would have warned him not to go into the woods with strange men. But, he didn't.
"Sure! Let's go!"

"No no, don't buy it. I'm taking my son to the cabin, and there's nothing you can say to make me believe that you are not my father."
"I understand. Your child comes first."
"Oh my God, you're Oscar."
"Dot com."

"Maybe you could take a date up there."
"How am I supposed to find someone willing to go into that musty old claptrap?"
[silence]
"The cabin, yes. Yeah, well, that could be difficult, too."

"Please get back on the meds mom, we miss the old, old you."
[G.O.B. reveals that he was hiding behind the door.]
"I didn't even know we had a cabin."
"Oh, shit."

"Okay. That one was a freebie."

"What the hell are you doing back there?!"
"I decided to sleep in the car, so my snoring wouldn't bother you. But I left that recording of my snoring so you wouldn't know I'd gone."

"Hey, Barry!"
"Hey, Mikey. So, how much do you know?"
"I know that Oscar is in prison, and that my father is a Blue Man, and that you are clearly in cahoots with him."
"Ooh, hoo hoo, a lot!"

:LOL:

The Emmy voters have made a huge tiny mistake.

Ultra Peanut
09-20-2005, 12:16 AM
http://imoscar.com/I love how the music is the "Buster's Father" music. ROFL

ZootedGranny
09-20-2005, 02:51 AM
The writing for this show still hasn't reached its zenith, it's ridiculous. I knew it would be funny, but nearly no line in this episode was wasted.

Ultra Peanut
09-20-2005, 06:06 AM
Ooh, nice catch:

I just noticed that on the imoscar.com site, there are 42 blog entires, and the traffic counter on the bottom says 42 people have visited the site.

Oscar is the only one who's ever been to his site. That's so great.ROFL

Ultra Peanut
09-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Couldn't help myself:

http://sonandson.ytmnd.com/

vailpass
09-20-2005, 10:33 AM
That's not a Volvo.(emphasis on syllable for obvious word-play)

Oh, I was sitting on the copier.

Glad I didn't spring for color.

Demonpenz
09-20-2005, 10:34 AM
i watched alittle bit of it but i didn't think it was funny so i turned to survivor

vailpass
09-20-2005, 10:36 AM
i watched alittle bit of it but i didn't think it was funny so i turned to survivor

Serious question: did you graduate college? I'm only asking out of curiosity as to the demographics of the two shows you mentioned.

Demonpenz
09-20-2005, 10:37 AM
yeah 2004

vailpass
09-20-2005, 11:14 AM
yeah 2004

Thanks. There goes another theory of mine as to why more people don't think this is one of the funniest, best written shows ever. The dialogue flows fast and furious with wry wit and reparte, and double entendre to rival Shakespeare. No subject is taboo, it's more real than "reality" TV.

AD is the only non-HBO series show I watch. I can't figure out why everyone doesn't like this show.

Pitt Gorilla
09-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Thanks. There goes another theory of mine as to why more people don't think this is one of the funniest, best written shows ever. The dialogue flows fast and furious with wry wit and reparte, and double entendre to rival Shakespeare. No subject is taboo, it's more real than "reality" TV.

AD is the only non-HBO series show I watch. I can't figure out why everyone doesn't like this show.
It is a great show. Period.

Demonpenz
09-20-2005, 11:41 AM
i was actually being sarcasitc when I said i turned to survivor. It's a really funny show, but people would rather watch road rules vrs fear factor challenge eight than watch something that is actually good

vailpass
09-20-2005, 11:43 AM
i was actually being sarcasitc when I said i turned to survivor. It's a really funny show, but people would rather watch road rules vrs fear factor challenge eight than watch something that is actually good

:banghead: Damned internet, can't read sarcasm when it's right int front of my face.
Now that you explain it to me.... ROFL

No doubt, fear factor, road rules, etc. seem to appeal more to the "git 'er done" crowd.
NTTAWWT

Demonpenz
09-20-2005, 11:48 AM
I see the reality thing more as valley girls and maybe house moms, not really the git er done's. For git er done there is speedvision and spike TV :)

ZootedGranny
09-20-2005, 07:00 PM
WTF, I just noticed Lucille beat up the absent Buster (a three limbed man) with a tripod, and Tobias was wearing a nametag that said "Tobias Swallows."

LiteraLOL

cosmo20002
09-20-2005, 07:25 PM
I can't figure out why everyone doesn't like this show.

Because you actually have to pay attention. There are so many subtle references and innuendo that you just don't catch if you're not paying attention. Kind of like the Simpsons, but AD is probably even more detailed. I watched Season 1 on DVD recently and saw several things I missed the first time. Season 2 comes out next month.

Heard ratings were low last night, so it almost surely won't be back for another season.

Ultra Peanut
09-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Despite the summer marathon, late night airings, strong critical praise, and great DVD sales the show still hasn't taken off? You can speculate as to why until your are blue in the face/hands with examples like poor promotion, misinformed or confused potential viewers, too much backstory to catch up with, or no laugh track. My guess is a combination of viewers who cant comprehend the higher level of comedy and the lack of a promotional barrage. What would AD be doing if it started out with the promotion at the level "My Name is Earl" debuted with. There was a decent amount of promos before the show started but as soon as it got off on the wrong foot they have got fewer and further between. And even then they weren't getting hyped even as much as some of the other new shows on FOX.

What I can't fathom is how "The War At Home" is retaining more of the Simpsons audience than we did. I didn't see much promotional effort for that show as compared to "Prison Break" or "Bones" and what I did see did not do anything to sway my decision to not watch it. I still think that in time sandwhiched between Simpsons and Family Guy for an extended amount of time would easily boost the ratings it was getting last season in the same slot.

Why does loving this show have to be such a double edged sword of hardcore love and devotion while at the same time being a complete soul killer when you know how shaky the ground below it is. I dont know how much more of this I can take....hopefully a couple seasons worth....but wouldn't it be nice to actually watch one episode of the show and not worry about how much longer it will be around to enjoy. Not once have we been on a streak of more than a few episodes that we weren't wondering if the next couple could be the last ones ever....

If you look up bittersweet in the dictionary, you'll probably find a decent sized picture of the Bluth clan...with a family guy pop up ad in the lower corner no doubt.

I'm not convinced that anyone at FOX is contemplating pulling the plug at this point, but I'm pondering the issue of ratings more generally and what kind of ratings share is required to keep a show on the air that has high audience retention and devoted fans willing to buy oodles of DVDs as opposed to shows that have much more casual viewers. Don't take this as my statement of despair, just my statement of incredible annoyance at feeling like a marginalized segment of the target market.

Pitt Gorilla
09-21-2005, 09:36 PM
I missed the show on Monday. Do they rerun it later in the week? Please?!?