PDA

View Full Version : Is it automatic that Warfield gets his starting job back?

Deberg_1990
09-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Is it just a given??? Does he come back and step right in?? What if we are 4-0 with McCleon?? McCleon is DV's baby and all, so it may not just be handed back to Warfield. My gut feeling is that Warfield will be eased back into the lineup gradually, but will be a full time starter around game 6 or 7.

philfree
09-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Is it just a given??? Does he come back and step right in?? What if we are 4-0 with McCleon?? McCleon is DV's baby and all, so it may not just be handed back to Warfield. My gut feeling is that Warfield will be eased back into the lineup gradually, but will be a full time starter around game 6 or 7.

Although Dex is a DV favorite I think Gun will be the one decides who plays and who doesn't.

PhilFree:arrow:

Wallcrawler
09-19-2005, 07:30 PM
While Dexter hasnt been the liability to the defense that a lot of fans thought he would be, I dont see him remaining the starter on the outside unless Eric Warfield just cant do anything right in practice. He is still our best #2 cornerback.

Warfield is a capable corner on the outside, and Dexter is a much bigger asset to the team when he plays on the inside as the nickel or dimeback. He's played pretty well in the first couple weeks, but I think the sooner he gets moved back inside, the better this defense will be.

And thats pretty scary, because they are playing pretty damn good right now.

Skip Towne
09-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Although I haven't seen him screw up badly this year, I think the consensus on here is that McCleon should be taken to midfield and summarily executed.