PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to lose my second FFL game...

Simplex3
09-19-2005, 08:53 PM
...because the f**king Deadskin offense is so bad. :shake:

Story of my FFL life. I score in the top 4 teams every week, but every week I'm playing one of the 3 teams that scores more than I do. Un-freaking-believable.

Imon Yourside
09-19-2005, 08:55 PM
Join the club I needed 6 fuggin points from Mccallister and horn just fugged me good. I was less than 1 yard away from a garbage Deuce TD and Horn threw the ball at the pylon and resulted in a turnover. I also got stuck with J lewis on autodraft and cant trade him so he got me -1 point this week with 9 yards and 1 fumble. SOB!

Mile High Mania
09-19-2005, 08:56 PM
I was sitting pretty as the high score in one league until Terry Glenn made that TD... now I'm second high score. Unbelievable.

Iowanian
09-19-2005, 08:57 PM
The savage midgets went into tonight down by 14points...The Dallas D is on its way to a thrilling Upset comeback for the savage midgets if they can maintain.

Miles
09-19-2005, 08:59 PM
I needed Portis to have a big game tonight to have any shot. Having no QB is really going to hurt portis's stats.

Simplex3
09-19-2005, 09:00 PM
I also got stuck with J lewis on autodraft and cant trade him so he got me -1 point this week with 9 yards and 1 fumble. SOB!
I had that same auto-draft issue, wound up with freaking Favre and Kevin Jones. Than God for garbage time, Favre busted loose.

At least my first pick wasn't Culpepper. :D

Imon Yourside
09-19-2005, 09:05 PM
I had that same auto-draft issue, wound up with freaking Favre and Kevin Jones. Than God for garbage time, Favre busted loose.

At least my first pick wasn't Culpepper. :D

I friggin hate Jamal Thugboy Lewis and was trying to trade him for a decent receiver in week 1. So I had LJ on the bench this week cuz all the so called fantasy Xperts predicted at least 2 scores for lewis against the friggin Tits. I don't care if no one wants the thug i'm starting LJ from now on and lewis can ride pine.

Simplex3
09-19-2005, 09:08 PM
I needed Portis to have a big game tonight to have any shot. Having no QB is really going to hurt portis's stats.
Here's to hoping Portis blows up and scores 4 TD's.

Simplex3
09-19-2005, 09:10 PM
F*****K!!! Can Brunell take a couple of more sacks? Maybe he can drop a few more balls, too.

KCChiefsMan
09-19-2005, 09:29 PM
ya, I'm sitting at 0-2 in FFL, so far this week, I scored the 2nd highest points in the league, guess who scored the most? yup, the team I'm playing, last week was similiar too, but I was only like 4th in scoring last week, just got beat by the #2 scorer! The team I'm playing this week has McNabb who killed me and my QB, Trent Green who in 2 weeks has gotten me about 8 or 9 combined points. horrible! :banghead: :banghead:

Miles
09-19-2005, 09:32 PM
F*****K!!! Can Brunell take a couple of more sacks? Maybe he can drop a few more balls, too.

Yeah he is pretty brutal to watch.

Nzoner
09-19-2005, 09:34 PM
Story of my FFL life. I score in the top 4 teams every week, but every week I'm playing one of the 3 teams that scores more than I do. Un-freaking-believable.

This crap kept happening regularly in our league so we changed to a point sytem this year.We still have head-to-head games for a league prize but the point system we added assures that the top 6 fantasy scoring teams make the play-offs.

Simplex3
09-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Well, Washington is going to have to score a couple of defensive or special teams TDs for me to win. Damnit.

Simplex3
09-19-2005, 09:36 PM
This crap kept happening regularly in our league so we changed to a point sytem this year.We still have head-to-head games for a league prize but the point system we added assures that the top 6 fantasy scoring teams make the play-offs.
I used to think the total points leagues were dumb but I'm starting to rethink that.

Shag
09-19-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm about to go 0-2 in my big money league as well. :( I needed Julius Jones to outscore McCallister by 4 points tonight, but it's not looking like that's going to happen. Neither of my RBs scored a TD this week (other is Rudi). Trent Green is killing me, too. Ugh. Thought I had a pretty good team out of the auction draft, too...

Hoping for a garbage-time TD by Jones...

schneider221
09-19-2005, 09:49 PM
The savage midgets went into tonight down by 14points...The Dallas D is on its way to a thrilling Upset comeback for the savage midgets if they can maintain.

Hata Nation had the game won with plexico to go so i was sitting high.... im off the a 2-0 start in this league and feeling ok....but game next week against a team that went off for 122 points thsi week

KevB
09-19-2005, 10:24 PM
I was down 23 with only Santana Moss starting....two TD bombs later, I'm up by 4 points and looking good (he has Portis). I love fantasy football.

Simplex3
09-19-2005, 10:26 PM
I need the 'Skins to pick one off for a TD here or I'm done.

Iowanian
09-19-2005, 10:27 PM
It looks like the Dallas D is going to win my game for me....by a point or two.

CanadianChief
09-19-2005, 10:36 PM
It looks like the Dallas D is going to win my game for me....by a point or two.

still look that way now???

Rukdafaidas
09-19-2005, 10:39 PM
I was down 23 with only Santana Moss starting....two TD bombs later, I'm up by 4 points and looking good (he has Portis). I love fantasy football.
I had the exact opposite happen to me. I was up by 23 and he had Moss and Portis. He won by less than a point. :cuss:

Joe Seahawk
09-19-2005, 10:42 PM
I was patiently waiting for Santana Moss tio do something.. I just replaced Javon Walker with him..

For once my patience was rewarded! :thumb:

Valiant
09-19-2005, 10:45 PM

So a team that beats you and other teams each week but does not score more then the top six does not make the playoffs, even though he has a better W/L record???? That seems less fair...

Nzoner
09-19-2005, 10:53 PM
So a team that beats you and other teams each week but does not score more then the top six does not make the playoffs, even though he has a better W/L record???? That seems less fair...

All 12 owners voted yes for it.It's a $125 per owner so we also have head-to head prizes,so you're still playing for best head-to-head record.

The point system works as follows.

Say you lose a game 110 to 107 but your 107 was 2nd highest score of the week.You'd take a loss on the head-to-head match-up but you'd be awarded 11 points in the overall play-off race for 2nd highest score of the week.

We also award cash for high score of the week,high points for the year and numerous other categories so there is enough things to play for to keep all teams interested.

Ultra Peanut
09-20-2005, 01:59 AM
...because the f**king Deadskin offense is so bad. :shake:

Story of my FFL life. I score in the top 4 teams every week, but every week I'm playing one of the 3 teams that scores more than I do. Un-freaking-believable.God, that happened to me last year. I had one of the two or three top-scoring teams in the league (only had, like, two sub-100pt weeks all year, by far the best in the league), squeaked into the playoffs in the sixth and final spot, and got bounced on an uncharacteristically mediocre day. Horrible.

The few times I played teams that DIDN'T have unreal weeks, my team would end up "playing down" and losing or struggling. Never failed.

ZootedGranny
09-20-2005, 02:20 AM
I'm 2-0, and both victories have been complete destructions of my opponents, but I'm nothing but fortunate.

Jamal Lewis has done absolutely nothing for me, and strong outings by my WRs & Randy McMichael have helped me out.

Thus far, my backfield of Tiki Barber and Lewis has netted me 47 points while TO has done nearly that by himself in two games. Fortunately, each week I've had one of the top WRs, week one being Jimmy Smith, this week getting strong numbers from Houshmandzadeh & Owens.

I seriously doubt this trend continues, as I wait out Trent Green (expected yearly slow start) and Jamal (slump). This week may be my first loss, because the Ravens have a bye, and my backup RBs are LJ (who I'm starting out of necessity...against the Raiders he's outscored Lewis' entire season) and JJ Arrington (a surprisingly complete bust thus far).

It feels nice being in first place at the moment, though.

Son of Logical
09-20-2005, 03:03 AM
2-0 on the fantacy front. Close victories both times though. This game won by five points, and last week by only two points. F***king Drew Bennet, was predicted to be a scorer this year, and has done jack. Picked up Keyshawn and he had two 2 catches this game. I need a better WR.

ChiefFripp
09-20-2005, 03:05 AM
You want sad? Manning gaine 4.5 points for me.

chagrin
09-20-2005, 06:50 AM
In the Chiefs Planet FFL #1 I am 0-2, some dude beat me by 70 points
:deevee:

Fire Me Boy!
09-20-2005, 06:57 AM
I had won the first by less than a point, then ****ing "official" numbers came out and adjusted the score... mine stayed the same, but Kotter won. Then I got destroyed yesterday. And Andre Johnson has done absolutely shit, so far. AND, of course... ****in' Portis-potty is my RB.

Fire Me Boy!
09-20-2005, 06:59 AM
In the Chiefs Planet FFL #1 I am 0-2, some dude beat me by 70 points
:deevee:
Yeah, I'm 0-2, too in that league.