PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Power Rankings, Week 2

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2005, 10:59 AM
We are #5....

According to ESPN's new "Power Rankings"--not that I put much stock into these things....especially so early in the season. It's interesting, nonetheless. :hmmm:

FWIW, the Donks are 14th, Chargers 19th, Faders 26th. :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

2005 Power Rankings: Week 3
RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT
1 (2) Colts 2-0-0 It has to be a huge boost to the Colts to know they can win a game when Peyton Manning throws for only 122 yards.
2 (3) Steelers 2-0-0 So, Ben Roethlisberger is going to struggle in his second year, huh? Well, a 153.6 passer rating after two games sure doesn't look like a struggle.
3 (5) Eagles 1-1-0 One big game and everything is all smiles and high-fives again between McNabb and Owens in Philly.
4 (1) Patriots 1-1-0 Just a sloppy game from the Patriots. Lots of penalties, poor special teams play, etc. -- not what you'd expect from the defending champs.
5 (6) Chiefs 2-0-0 Two weeks into the season, they've failed to reach the 30-point mark ... and yet they're undefeated.
6 (4) Falcons 1-1-0 Matt Schaub might have potential, but it goes without saying that the Falcons need Michael Vick healthy and in the lineup.
7 (12) Bengals 2-0-0 After starting 1-4 in each of Marvin Lewis' first two seasons in Cincinnati, getting off to a fast start this year is huge.
8 (14) Panthers 1-1-0 Panthers looked like they had a little chip on their shoulders Sunday and it worked, resulting in a big win over the Patriots.
9 (7) Jaguars 1-1-0 Getting out of bed Monday morning couldn't have been any fun at all for Byron Leftwich.
10 (19) Buccaneers 2-0-0 Looks like Jon Gruden has found the right running back for his offense.

Lzen
09-20-2005, 11:06 AM
I would put the Steelers at 1st place. And the Eagles and Pats each have a loss so they should be behind the Chiefs. But I can understand since they were both SB participants last year. In any case, these power rankings are really meaningless at this point in the season.

WisChief
09-20-2005, 11:15 AM
I wouldn't want to play the bucs right now. They can run and they appear to have their defense back - they should be higher

jidar
09-20-2005, 11:24 AM
I think the Steelers are the best team in football right now.
The Colts are overrated. I want to see their new D against a decent offense.
The cracks in the Pats armor are starting to widen.
The Eagles are the Eagles, they're good. Same team same performance, different year.
LOL @ the Bengals. Come on.
Carolina is the scrappiest team in the football, somehow they always get the job done.

Lzen
09-20-2005, 11:27 AM
I think the Steelers are the best team in football right now.
The Colts are overrated. I want to see their new D against a decent offense.

Exactly what I've been saying.

PHOG
09-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Roethlisberger has a 153.6 Passer rating? :eek:

Mr. Krab
09-20-2005, 11:28 AM
LOL @ the Bengals. Come on.
The Bengals look to have one the better offenses in the league, i wouldn't dismiss them.

jidar
09-20-2005, 11:45 AM
The Bengals look to have one the better offenses in the league, i wouldn't dismiss them.

Yeah but the Bengals? Come on. I mean seriously.. just come on.

Kclee
09-20-2005, 11:53 AM
In any case, these power rankings are really meaningless at this point in the season.

Actually, they are pretty meaningless at any point in the season. :)

whoman69
09-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Roethlisberger has a 153.6 Passer rating? :eek:
He only passes the ball 11 times a game. I don't think that you could call one out of every six plays run a significant part of the game.

Scalper
09-20-2005, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't put the colts over the steelers, But i would put the chiefs ahead of the eagles. I also think the Jaguars are better than the Bengals

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2005, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't put the colts over the steelers, But i would put the chiefs ahead of the eagles. I also think the Jaguars are better than the Bengals

Week three should shake out the picture a little better...

OldTownChief
09-20-2005, 07:56 PM
ROFL All you have to look at on this BS is that the Colts are ranked #1 ROFL

Logical
09-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Seems like Cinci should be ahead of us given the convincing way they have dominate their first two oppononents. Other than that not much to criticize about these rankings. Perhaps Steelers/Colts could be reveresed but I got no problem with this order either.

SBK
09-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Maybe this year Peyton can get that "I can't beat the Pats" tatoo wiped off of his fivehead.

Dr. Chief
09-20-2005, 11:40 PM
I agree that the Steelers are good, but they haven't played anybody.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Maybe this year Peyton can get that "I can't beat the Pats" tatoo wiped off of his fivehead.

He'll have to do it in the wild card, or divisional round then, because afterwards he'll be coming into Arrowhead to lose to us again.

Cormac
09-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Yeah but the Bengals? Come on. I mean seriously.. just come on.

It might be hard to get used to, but that team is for real. They are loaded on offense, as deep as any team. Their only weakness is their run defense, but that will improve as rookies like David Pollack and Odell Thurman mature in the scheme.

milkman
09-21-2005, 05:31 PM

The Jags, who could only muster 3 points against the Colts?

The only player on that offense of the Jags that I would like to have on the Chiefs is Jimmy Smith.

Byron Leftwich, while tough, is, at best, an average QB, and Fred Taylor is now an also ran.

Their defense is pretty damn good, though, but interestingly, they have the same issue that the Chiefs have.
They can't create any pressure on the QB from the front four.

The loss of Donavan Darius is gonna really hurt them in run D.

Cincy is playing about as good as any team in the league right now, and by season's end, Carson Palmer could be considered among the elite QBs in the league.