PDA

View Full Version : Got the results of my drug test today, and

JOhn
09-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Got the results of my drug test today, and I passed. I'm actually kind of surprised I did, seeing as how I had taken percocet & morphine the week before when I had the Kidney stones. Also I have Hydrocodone that I take almost nightly for my back, which I did the night before the test and it didn't show up either. :shrug:

Anyway I start my new job tomorrow on the oil rigs. :thumb: Just got back from filling out all my paper work, and such. Had to go buy a new pair steel toed work boot, hard hat and a good Car-Hart (sp?) work coat. Man I'm pumped up and ready to start. Finally start making some good money.

Anyway, I won't be posting during the week, unless it's after 6pm mst, probably will have to limit my self to the weekends. Anyway thanks for the well wishes from everyone, I certainly appreciate it a bunch.

Carry on guys & gals and we'll see ya on the weekend.

|Zach|
09-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Thank god my employer over the summer didn't check for horse tranqualizers.

Scaga
09-21-2005, 12:56 PM
What type of testing did they use?
Hair or piss?

When I went to work at Cessna, they take a hair sample. They don't mess.

JOhn
09-21-2005, 12:59 PM
What type of testing did they use?
Hair or piss?

When I went to work at Cessna, they take a hair sample. They don't mess.
Piss test. I was surprised, but could be that I drank a lot of fluids the night before. :shrug:

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2005, 01:24 PM
I invested in a bunch of oil wells out there in Wyoming a number of years back. We visited the in winter once and that looked like a very cold job you might want to invest in some electric socks or something. Good luck with that.

JOhn
09-21-2005, 02:29 PM
I invested in a bunch of oil wells out there in Wyoming a number of years back. We visited the in winter once and that looked like a very cold job you might want to invest in some electric socks or something. Good luck with that.

Yes it gets VERY freaking cold of course you also have to account for the wind which can avg 20-30 mph all day long with gusts even higher. :eek:

I'm investing in a new set of bib coveralls that are good to -50, along with a similar jacket and throw in a pair of good boots and it'll cost me $200-$300, but well worth it. :thumb:

But I do enjoy the outdoors and it isn't as bad as setting in a tree-stand all day in the same type of conditions. Your usually working enough to keep your temp up,

ptlyon
09-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Congrats JOhn!

BTW - Some really good thermal underwear helps too.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp?id=cat21126&navAction=jump&navCount=1&parentId=cat470076&parentType=category&cmCat=MainCatcat470076

BIG_DADDY
09-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Yes it gets VERY freaking cold of course you also have to account for the wind which can avg 20-30 mph all day long with gusts even higher. :eek:

I'm investing in a new set of bib coveralls that are good to -50, along with a similar jacket and throw in a pair of good boots and it'll cost me $200-$300, but well worth it. :thumb:

But I do enjoy the outdoors and it isn't as bad as setting in a tree-stand all day in the same type of conditions. Your usually working enough to keep your temp up,

How long have you lived in Cody?

JOhn
09-22-2005, 06:21 PM
How long have you lived in Cody?
Almost 11 years now. :thumb:

nychief
09-22-2005, 07:07 PM
looks like i picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Hydrae
09-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Of course you passed, you haven't been smoking the devil's weed!

Skip Towne
09-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Not only are there temperature extremes but oil field work is hard and dirty. Are you working on a pulling unit or drilling holes in the ground? Pumper is the only oilfield job I would take.

onescrewleftuntwisted
09-22-2005, 10:20 PM
god i hate drug tests i'm not a drug freak or anything like that but its bad when they fire people for drinking the night before they go to work, i'm a big guy if i smoke weed it shows on a piss test 6 weeks after i smoked it

Demonpenz
09-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Into the special K, huh?

beat me to it

|Zach|
09-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Into the special K, huh?
:)

Rausch
09-23-2005, 12:38 AM
I hope you realize that a lot of employers only test one out of every three or four urine samples.

Most figure that having to take the test will make you lay off the drugs or not bother showing up...

JOhn
10-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Not only are there temperature extremes but oil field work is hard and dirty. Are you working on a pulling unit or drilling holes in the ground? Pumper is the only oilfield job I would take.
Working for a well service company, mainly a lot of pulling pipe and replacing it with other pipe.

Well I've made it a week and 1/2, man is it hard work. Actually the 2 worst parts are when we drop 3 /12 inch pipe, the crap weighs over 300lbs a section. We use a lift line for it, but there is still a lot of lifting and pulling the pipe by hand so you can hook on to it. The second worst is when we latch pipe we have pulled out of the ground and placed in the standing racks till we are ready to put it back. You have to be up in the derrick about 55 to 70 feet, then lean out over the side with only a rope holding you back and try and latch the pipe as the lift come by. You have a safety line on, but it's still very scary when you first learn how. Heck I'm still scared witless doing it, and not sure I'll ever be comfortable doing it.

Skip Towne
10-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Working for a well service company, mainly a lot of pulling pipe and replacing it with other pipe.

Well I've made it a week and 1/2, man is it hard work. Actually the 2 worst parts are when we drop 3 /12 inch pipe, the crap weighs over 300lbs a section. We use a lift line for it, but there is still a lot of lifting and pulling the pipe by hand so you can hook on to it. The second worst is when we latch pipe we have pulled out of the ground and placed in the standing racks till we are ready to put it back. You have to be up in the derrick about 55 to 70 feet, then lean out over the side with only a rope holding you back and try and latch the pipe as the lift come by. You have a safety line on, but it's still very scary when you first learn how. Heck I'm still scared witless doing it, and not sure I'll ever be comfortable doing it.
I admire you for staying with it. It is a bitch of a job.

JOhn
10-01-2005, 07:51 PM
I admire you for staying with it. It is a bitch of a job.
:hmmm:

That might be an understatement ROFL

I really think if the money & benefits were not as good as they are, I wouldn't stick with it. I talked to my Dr today and he said as long as I wear my brace & Lift properly I should be OK. That's the only thing that really scares me ais I might mess my back up worse than it already is. But then again if I do, the company gets the bill.

Funny thing, friday one of the guys from another company was there checking our work, etc and made the comment I was a little old to be doing this work and I should come to work for them, he's one of their field supervisors.

He gave me his card & number and told me to think about it, as they pay the same as I'm making now. Told him I would think about it, but I really despise the thought of jumping to another job so quickly, but then again it is a lot easier & safer. :hmmm:

Halfcan
10-01-2005, 11:30 PM
I hope are defense wears steel-toed boots tommorow to kick TO in the nuts repeatedly.

JOhn
10-02-2005, 12:50 AM
I hope are defense wears steel-toed boots tommorow to kick TO in the nuts repeatedly.
Shit!! I should have loaned them mine. :banghead: