PDA

View Full Version : Get a load of this. Found this on the Chargers board. Iowa this is for you!

KingPriest2
09-22-2005, 11:17 AM
http://forum.uniontrib.com/upload/showthread.php?t=51336
I hate hearing the Chargers referred to as a "1 Year Wonder"..+ My Guarantee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sick of hearing this. A lot of the rationale is based upon us only beating 1 playoff team last year (Denver). A lot of "experts" are looking at last season as a Mulligan for the rest of the AFCW as the real contenders come out this year. They know nothing about our team. They don't even realize that we were damned close to a 14-2 season last year if Atlanta didn't come from behind on Michael Vick's legs to beat us by 1 point...or Indy coming from behind to beat us in OT. Both games on the road. We crushed nearly every opponent at home last year and had one of the most potent offenses in the NFL despite our star player limping through the season. With every loss, this is going to get brought up more and more. This is going to stop this Sunday. We lost 2 games by a combined 7 points. I expected us to lose in Denver...and the opening day loss was unfortunate...with an assist to Andre Colona and AJ Smith. We are better than this.

I refuse to believe that we have gone from a dominant force in the AFC to a last place team with the same personnel on the field. Hudson Houck is not enough of a loss to send this team reeling. This team has a great mix of solid vets infused with young talent all over. We are deep on offense, defense and special teams. We have a coach who, despite his critics, has....what...2 losing seasons his entire LOOOONG Hall of Fame coaching career. We are generally more disciplined than the teams we line up against each week...and during the course of the regular season, this will pay off. We have a tough schedule...but we are fully capable of beating even the best teams.

The bottom line is that this team will rally....and I believe it will start Sunday Night. Our weaknesses in dealing with a strong pass rush were exposed early...and I believe our coaching staff will figure something out to neutralize and take advantage of the aggressive approach. I believe they will find a way to get Tomlinson the ball in space. I believe that Drew Brees is a good QB and that his pro bowl season was no fluke. I believe that our defense played very well last week and that it will continue to improve over the course of the season.

I, Boltergeist, hereby submit to you all my guarantee. We are going to beat the NY Giants on Sunday night and start turning things around. We are playing a good team...and this won't be easy at all.....but I'm a believer in my team and the veterans we have. I feel so strongly about this that if we do not win this game, I will not post on this message board for the remainder of 2005.

To all the haters, chicken littles, and supremely confident Chiefs fans out there let this be a warning. We're two games into the season and we're not going away this easily. Just watch.

Iowanian
09-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Too bad they won't sell out the stadium....again, and they'll be blacked out, and have to read about the game from the Chief fans they can handle without banning them. Usually its "because there is so much to do during the day, and the beach"....I suppose Sunday night games are "too dark" outside.

I hope Eli Tosses 500 yards...and Sandy Eggo's secondary is probably the team he'll do it against.

If it weren't for the posters there I respect...I'd go show tools like Trumpet my "2 and ooh ooohh OOOOOOOOO" face.

People bailed off the Titanic slower than Eggo fans are leaping from the bandwagon.

ptlyon
09-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Welcome to Martyocrity, Boltergeist.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Giants played monday night & have to travel across country. Way to step out on a limb & show faith

htismaqe
09-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Drew Brees.

It all boils down to that.

8-8 Charger fans...

MOhillbilly
09-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Drew Brees.

It all boils down to that.

8-8 Charger fans...

No doubt.
run run run punt.

Lzen
09-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Buck up, Chargers fans. Don't forget.......Marty still rocks!

htismaqe
09-22-2005, 12:06 PM
No doubt.
run run run punt.

I've done this comparison before, but I think it speaks volumes so I'll post it again.

Brees - 262 of 400, 65.5%, 3159 yards, 27 TD, 7 INT, 7.9 YPA

Now look at the other top QB's with similar numbers as far as completion percentage and TD/INT

Green - 369 of 556, 66.4%, 4591 yards, 27 TD, 17 INT, 8.26 YPA
Brady - 288 of 474, 60.8%, 3692 yards, 28 INT, 14 INT, 7.79 YPA
McNabb - 300 of 469, 64%, 3875 yards, 31 TD, 8 INT, 8.26 YPA
Bulger - 321 of 485, 66.2%, 3964 yards, 21 TD, 14 INT, 8.17 YPA

Brees has far less attempts, FAR less yards, and a lower YPA than all but Brady.

San Diego's offense last year was about Gates and Tomlinson in the passing game -- Brees' leash is readily apparent in his stats.

This year, they're obviously trying to get yard in "chunks" as Marty would have it. It's not mere coincidence that Brees has more INT's than TD's and San Diego is 0-2.

Radar Chief
09-22-2005, 12:49 PM
No doubt.
run run run punt.

Close.
Run, run, play action pass on 3rd and 20, punt.

Cormac
09-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Giants played monday night & have to travel across country. Way to step out on a limb & show faith

That's what I thought.....ROFL

The Giants? C'mon :rolleyes:

Dave Lane
09-22-2005, 01:35 PM
I just became a HUGE NY Giants fan!

Dave

~this for this week though...

Dave Lane
09-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Close.
Run, run, play action pass on 3rd and 20, punt.

I always heard it was

NRR
NRL
NRR
WBP

Dave

Eleazar
09-22-2005, 01:37 PM
I think I got banned from there too a long time ago. May have been another forum though (do they have enough fans for more than one board?)

Someone should go there and link to this thread.

SCChief
09-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Does anyone else get the impression that his post should just say...

*whining voice*

"WHY are they picking on us!?!? We won last year!"

*stomp feet*

Jeez! Well... I'll give the guy some credit. He supports his team when a lot of Sandy Eggo fans jumped ship after week one.

But making a bet that they will beat the Giants? Talk about a big risk taker!

Pitt Gorilla
09-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Is there a way that both teams could lose? Ick, both of those teams stink.

Boltergeist
09-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Nice. Glad to see I'm famous over here. Someone had to rally the troops on our board. The negativity of the 0-2 start was getting depressing on that board. Plus, I'm a firm believer in my team....and I've watched enough football to know that they're good.

Enjoy your 2-0 start, but remember...It's not how you start...It's how you finish. Looking forward to seeing you guys in SD soon.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-22-2005, 02:33 PM
I was making my weekly picks with my cousin last night and when this game came up I took the Gmen. Here's why. Karma. Yep that's it, one simple little word. The team that drafted Ryan Leaf, was then too scared to draft Michael Vick, and traded the pick for Eli and took the QB who now doesn't play will get schooled by Eli Manning. I'm not saying Eli is the man, or is going to be the man. However he will be the man for Sunday night. I don't think the losing streak is over yet. Hell with our luck it won't be over until they're 0-11 and play us. ROFL

ptlyon
09-22-2005, 02:34 PM
...but remember...It's not how you start...It's how you finish.

Oh, we remember all right. ROFL

Good luck this year Bolter!

Hammock Parties
09-22-2005, 04:33 PM
http://www.si.edu/resource/faq/where/images/ruby.jpg

Big Slick
09-22-2005, 04:49 PM
I believe it will start Sunday Night... I believe our coaching staff will figure something out... I believe they will find a way to get Tomlinson the ball... I believe that Drew Brees is a good QB... I believe that our defense played very well last week....

And, gosh darn it, people like me! ROFL