PDA

View Full Version : I just found out what Johnson's touchdown hand gesture was...

wutamess
09-22-2005, 04:41 PM
I didn't believe it at first and didn't mention it because I didn't know there was any connection there.

But the pitch article confirms it.

But it's the Jay-Z Rocafella symbol.
They put their diamonds in the sky using that hand signal.

Now that I think about it... he was giving the roc some pub after his score.

Folks we may have another T.O.

ChiefsFire
09-22-2005, 04:44 PM
yo yo

thats dope

ehh i still sound white

Simplex3
09-22-2005, 04:47 PM
I didn't believe it at first and didn't mention it because I didn't know there was any connection there.

I don't remember the last time I heard LJ in the media trash talking Trent.

HemiEd
09-22-2005, 04:47 PM

Who woulda thunk it, coming out of Penn State where they do not even have their name on their jersy. :shrug:

Saulbadguy
09-22-2005, 04:50 PM
:rolleyes:

Mecca
09-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Ok this is ridiculous, so the guys hand signal after a touchdown makes him another Owens? How about you sit down and realize something real fast. Football players are people, people have diferent personalties, not everyone is going to do something you like 100% of the time. Life doesn't work that way.

This idea that football players need to be role models and put up these phony ideals of what they are to appease the public is going overboard. Some people act like atheletes are these mindless drones or robots that should have 0 personality say nothing and that is all. Should they all go live in bubbles too? I mean god forbid they should do something in their own time a few fans may not agree with.

People need to get over stuff like this really fast. Sure this is the midwest and everyone is all about the "blue collar" guy. You can see that with guys like Chris Horn and Marc Boerigter have cheering sections. If some fans had their way we'd have a whole team of guys like that. They all might be guys who you love as people but we wouldn't win many games that way.

Larry Johnson is himself he doesn't try to be something he isn't to appease everyone. What's so wrong with that? I know I personally don't go out into the world looking to make everyone I come across happy. Larry Johnson is simply living his life the way he wants to, the way most of us also do. To bad he's famous so now all of us will scrutinize that he was actually honest instead of being phony.

Sometimes, I think I'm the only Larry Johnson fan in this city........

stevieray
09-22-2005, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Mecca]

This idea that football players need to be role models QUOTE]

They are role models, whether they want to be or not.

Saulbadguy
09-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Everyone but Charles Barkley.

Wallcrawler
09-22-2005, 05:34 PM
People need to get over stuff like this really fast. Sure this is the midwest and everyone is all about the "blue collar" guy. You can see that with guys like Chris Horn and Marc Boerigter have cheering sections. If some fans had their way we'd have a whole team of guys like that. They all might be guys who you love as people but we wouldn't win many games that way.

I was unaware that being a fan favorite, and an overall "good-guy" automaticly meant that you have zero talent and that if we had more guys like that we wouldnt win many games.

Think back. We've tried the "thug" approach already here in KC. It ended badly.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-22-2005, 05:34 PM
if I had LJ's money & fame at that age....I would be completely unbearble

wutamess
09-22-2005, 07:50 PM
I think you guys jumped the gun on this one... I was referring to T.O.'s marketing skills. (sharpie)

That's all.
I could givearatsass if LJ spit on Trent Green or whatever...
I just want him to be the full time back.

Here's to "King Pink".
:toast:

KCJake
09-22-2005, 10:16 PM
if I had LJ's money & fame at that age....I would be completely unbearble
Same here. Without question.

onescrewleftuntwisted
09-22-2005, 10:21 PM
dont forget "a dimond upside down is a pussy"

philfree
09-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Another T.O.? That's impossible!

PhilFree:arrow:

Rausch
09-22-2005, 10:27 PM

RedDread
09-22-2005, 10:30 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=47190&stc=1

that would be so much better if you used the Jared Allen pic from the end of the Rai ders game :p

philfree
09-22-2005, 10:31 PM

I thought......An upside down diamond? So if you run the bases backwards is it shorter or something? Diamonds and......I ain't gonna post that cause I know better.

Prince22
09-22-2005, 10:47 PM

Umm... What's the problem? It's a simple gesture. He's simply saying he is the rock (solid as a rock, rock solid, loves Jay-Z, foundation of his offense). It doesn't make a damn bit of difference. He didn't run to the fifty yard line and praise himself or pull out the sharpie (or do the worm for that matter).

Reaper16
09-22-2005, 10:53 PM
Confirms it? You didn't trust the people who said he was throwing tha' roc in that thread? :p

Rausch
09-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Umm... What's the problem? It's a simple gesture. He's simply saying he is the rock (solid as a rock, rock solid, loves Jay-Z, foundation of his offense). It doesn't make a damn bit of difference. He didn't run to the fifty yard line and praise himself or pull out the sharpie (or do the worm for that matter).

As long as he gets to the end zone I don't care what he does...

NJ Chief Fan
09-22-2005, 11:18 PM
it doesnt mean the jayz's roc, it means the football roc...AS IN GIVE ME THE GAWD DAMN R-O-C

Logical
09-23-2005, 12:02 AM
They are role models, whether they want to be or not.Families/Parents who allow them to be the role models better be prepared for the negative consequences that result. It is a bad idea and something that should be avoided. Teach your kids the morals and style you hope they will grow to emulate and teach them that people in politics, sports religion are just other falliable people that have as many or more faults than everyone else. They just happen to be in the public eye.

philfree
09-23-2005, 12:06 AM
IMO FDE is a role model but if he does another Flying Elvi into the steps I'm gonna have to tell the kids to just ignore him :p

elvomito
09-23-2005, 12:20 AM
it doesnt mean the jayz's roc, it means the football roc...AS IN GIVE ME THE GAWD DAMN R-O-Cnah he really is signed to TEAM ROC.. he's their 1st sports endorsement or whatever. the pitch article said he's got a full page ad coming out in some magazine... sportin some of gay-z's fashions.