PDA

View Full Version : CO2 cartridges for drink fizzer uppers...

Frankie
09-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Someone has given me one'em drink carbonizers. I took it to Walmart to get the CO2 capsule for it and they acted like this was something from another planet! They sent me to a hardware/sporting goods store. They didn't carry anything either. Where should one go (other than online) to get them? Does any planeteer use them?

Dayze
09-22-2005, 08:02 PM
the only CO2 capsules I know of, are the ones for air guns, etc.
NOt sure if it's the same thing you need, but they shoudl have them at Dick's, etc....surprised WalMart doesn't have them.

jspchief
09-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Those fizz things don't work.

Rukdafaidas
09-22-2005, 08:14 PM
As a homebrewer, I've known a few people who use Co2 cartridges to dispense beer when they travel to parties. I've read that the cartridges used for BB guns contain oil to lubricate the gun's seals. They're also clearly marked "not for human consumption".
If you have a homebrew store in your area, they probably carry them.

Dayze
09-22-2005, 08:18 PM
As a homebrewer, I've known a few people who use Co2 cartridges to dispense beer when they travel to parties. I've read that the cartridges used for BB guns contain oil to lubricate the gun's seals. They're also clearly marked "not for human consumption".
...jesus...thank god you cleared that up. That would be just my luck -get a home brew set up going and keel over; poisoned by oil.

I honestly had no idea.
disregard my post, for the love of god.

Frankie
09-23-2005, 06:53 AM
Those fizz things don't work.
Don't tell me! I've got a bet going with my brother in California who prevented me from buying one at a store there last month at a good sale price. He doesn't think they work. Neither one of us has ever had one, but his logic was based on the fact it was a sell-out sale and a big price drop.

Bwana
09-23-2005, 07:09 AM
The best way to do that is head down to your local Pepsi or Coke plant and get one. They work great and you can avoid drinking "WD-40." :)

Radar Chief
09-23-2005, 07:26 AM

You’ve read correctly.

Radar Chief
09-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Hey Frankie,
If your still have’n troubles find’n these cartridges I’m pretty sure I’ve got a box of’em sit’n in my “brew closet” that I’d sell ya for the price on the box plus shipping.
PM me if interested, but it’ll be Monday before I get back to answer.