PDA

View Full Version : Apartment hunting SUCKS!!!

luv
09-23-2005, 12:09 AM
I already have a place of my own. It's a great location in SW Springfield. I pay $495 for a one bedroom. That includes cable and high speed cable internet, and I moved in when they were brand spanking new. There's not enough parking spaces for the people that live in each building, which sucks, but, other than that, I like it here. I'm really wanting more space. This is 750 square feet, but I have so much stuff, that I'm feeling kinda cramped. I'm looking for a two bedroom place. Problem is, I'm spoiled by having this high speed internet included in my rent. Any place that does that charges way more than I can afford for a two bedroom. I've been apartment hunting just to see what's out there. My ideal space would be two bedroom, not be trashy looking (or smelling) and be cheap enough that I can get a cable/internet package with Mediacom, and be paying about what I pay now for rent. I can't afford to pay more. A few places I've looked asked when I would be looking to move. I tell them December 1, and they say to get back with them a month before that to see what they have available, if anything. I am not giving notice at my apartment on November 1 without already having another place lined up! I thought about finding a roommate to split a duplex or something, but I'm too used to my freedoms.

Anyway, no real point to this thread. Just relieving some frustration by getting it off my chest. Thanks for listening (or reading).

Miles
09-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Yeah it can be pretty frustrating but im sure you will find something. I went through some problems hunting form my latest place but it worked out nicely.

Also you may be able do better on the internet prices if you hunt around online or try and call them. Seems like the prices they advertise are usually much higher than the ones you can get with their specials.

Dont underestimate you location if you like it there. Day to day convience is really nice.

Dr. Chief
09-23-2005, 12:23 AM
I thought about finding a roommate to split a duplex or something, but I'm too used to my freedoms.

I'm sure you can find a roommate that can put up with your naked web surfing habits, mine doesn't mind at all, erm I mean, doesn't know....

:p

luv
09-23-2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah it can be pretty frustrating but im sure you will find something. I went through some problems hunting form my latest place but it worked out nicely.

Also you may be able do better on the internet prices if you hunt around online or try and call them. Seems like the prices they advertise are usually much higher than the ones you can get with their specials.

Dont underestimate you location if you like it there. Day to day convience is really nice.
Yeah. I won't be disappointed if I don't find anything. I love this apartment. I looked at a few places the past few days. It's good to know I can be picky and take my time, since I like where I'm at if I end up staying.

luv
09-23-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm sure you can find a roommate that can put up with your naked web surfing habits, mine doesn't mind at all, erm I mean, doesn't know....

You do this too! lol

The only roomie I will have will be my man (if I ever find one). And, even then, I won't get anything that I won't be able to afford on my own if I give him the boot..uhhh...I mean if things don't work out between us.

Miles
09-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Yeah. I won't be disappointed if I don't find anything. I love this apartment. I looked at a few places the past few days. It's good to know I can be picky and take my time, since I like where I'm at if I end up staying.

Yeah thats definitly nice. Much better than when moving cities.

BTW i have another random movie suggestion for you. Check out Bon Voyage. Its French but not really all that foreign.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310778/

Also L'Auberge Espagnole/The Spanish Apartment.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283900/

luv
09-23-2005, 12:35 AM

BTW i have another random movie suggestion for you. Check out Bon Voyage. Its French but not really all that foreign.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310778/

Also L'Auberge Espagnole/The Spanish Apartment.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283900/
Cool. I will look for them. You have not steered me wrong yet. I need to check and see if there's a movie place around here that has a lot of older, independent, or foreign films. I've only gotten into them recently. I've always just gone with the mainstream Blockbuster or Movie Gallery stuff. Another way this internet access, that I can't do without, comes in handy!

Rausch
09-23-2005, 12:36 AM

BTW i have another random movie suggestion for you. Check out Bon Voyage. Its French but

But nothing.

You get negative rep, and may god have mercy on your soul...

Miles
09-23-2005, 12:40 AM
But nothing.

You get negative rep, and may god have mercy on your soul...

They make some pretty good movies though. If it makes you feel any better two of the best movies i watched the summer were German.

luv
09-23-2005, 12:45 AM
They make some pretty good movies though. If it makes you feel any better two of the best movies i watched the summer were German.
Don't kiss up to him. It only feeds his already inflated ego.

tk13
09-23-2005, 12:45 AM
If you want a real foreign film, you must get "Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky". That's some real non-American filmwork right there. Makes Jackie Chan look like Ralph Macchio.

Rausch
09-23-2005, 12:47 AM

My feelings aren't that much more rosy for the Krauts right now...

luv
09-23-2005, 12:52 AM
Just what has you simmering, Mr. Cranky Butt? :spock:

Rausch
09-23-2005, 12:54 AM

I'm actually in a pretty good mood.

tk13
09-23-2005, 12:54 AM
What doesn't? Where have you been? This is Rausch we're talking about here. I've yet to see him prance around the board throwing flower pedals and singing Neil Sedaka songs.

luv
09-23-2005, 12:57 AM
What doesn't? Where have you been? This is Rausch we're talking about here. I've yet to see him prance around the board throwing flower pedals and singing Neil Sedaka songs.
I wouldn't put that past him. I would just think he was up to something. You just never know what's brewing in that twisted mind of his.

Miles
09-23-2005, 01:00 AM
Cool. I will look for them. You have not steered me wrong yet. I need to check and see if there's a movie place around here that has a lot of older, independent, or foreign films. I've only gotten into them recently. I've always just gone with the mainstream Blockbuster or Movie Gallery stuff. Another way this internet access, that I can't do without, comes in handy!

Blockbuster should definitly have both of those. They are both pretty recent foreign flicks and i have seen them at several blockbusters. Let me know what you think if you end up watching em.

stumppy
09-23-2005, 01:01 AM
This is Rausch we're talking about here. I've yet to see him prance around the board throwing flower pedals and singing Neil Sedaka songs.
ROFL
NTTAWWT

Have you checked in Ozark ? Wouldn't be very far from your job and I'm pretty sure the rent hasn't gone up there like it has in Spfld and Nixa.

Rausch
09-23-2005, 01:01 AM

Eh, I'm more of an (early) Billy Joel or Jim Croche kinda' guy...

luv
09-23-2005, 01:03 AM
ROFL
NTTAWWT

Have you checked in Ozark ? Wouldn't be very far from your job and I'm pretty sure the rent hasn't gone up there like it has in Spfld and Nixa.
I'm sure there are some. I was hoping to stay in Springfield, though. Close to family, friends, and work without having to drive forever.

Miles
09-23-2005, 01:04 AM

Usually you're big on all things Germany.

Miles
09-23-2005, 01:05 AM

He prolly needs some more beer.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2005, 01:12 AM
$495 a month? With high speed and cable? That's awesome! You couldn't rent a room in Los Angeles for $495 a month, seriously. There are apartments on Sunset & Vine (about a 2 minute drive with stoplights from my house) that are $1900 for a one bedroom, and those don't include any amenities.

Good luck in your search!

Pants
09-23-2005, 01:15 AM
$495 a month? With high speed and cable? That's awesome! You couldn't rent a room in Los Angeles for $495 a month, seriously. There are apartments on Sunset & Vine (about a 2 minute drive with stoplights from my house) that are $1900 for a one bedroom, and those don't include any amenities.

Good luck in your search!

Well, I'm sure the salaries are a bit higher.

luv
09-23-2005, 01:18 AM
Well, I'm sure the salaries are a bit higher.
I would certainly hope so. Couldn't make much less than people start off at around here. I don't see how some people make it at all without living in slum conditions. Cost of living is definitely lower around here.

Rausch
09-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Usually you're big on all things Germany.

I'm proud of my German ancestry, true enough.

Americans of German ancestry.

But Germany right now is just a cluster-fug. They went from fascism to communism. And I'm not even counting the time the USSR owned half their country...

Miles
09-23-2005, 02:07 AM
I'm proud of my German ancestry, true enough.

Americans of German ancestry.

But Germany right now is just a cluster-fug. They went from fascism to communism. And I'm not even counting the time the USSR owned half their country...

Makes sense. Cant say I agree with the economic policies but I still really appreciate their culture, beer and auto industry.

luv
09-23-2005, 02:12 AM
Makes sense. Cant say I agree with the economic policies but I still really appreciate their culture, beer and auto industry.
And food. :drool:

Miles
09-23-2005, 02:18 AM
And food. :drool:

Guess i dont know their food all that well then. I dont think i have had much outside of brauts and onion cake. Though i did eat at a pretty damn good resturant in Germany that had different types of meats with some great sauces.

luv
09-23-2005, 02:22 AM
Guess i dont know their food all that well then. I dont think i have had much outside of brauts and onion cake. Though i did eat at a pretty damn good resturant in Germany that had different types of meats with some great sauces.
One word....streusel (sp?). Mmmmmm...

Speaking of which, I'm off to bed to have "sweet" dreams. Lame pun. G'night all. Pleasure, as usual.

Miles
09-23-2005, 02:23 AM
One word....streusel (sp?). Mmmmmm...

Speaking of which, I'm off to bed to have "sweet" dreams. Lame pun. G'night all. Pleasure, as usual.

Later.

Rausch
09-23-2005, 02:25 AM

Go to Herman next month.

You're welcome...

luv
09-23-2005, 02:30 AM
Go to Herman next month.

You're welcome...
October Fest. Springfield will have a pub crawl, I'm sure.

Rausch
09-23-2005, 02:31 AM

That's like saying because you ate a pizza you've been to Italy...

luv
09-23-2005, 02:33 AM
That's like saying because you ate a pizza you've been to Italy...
Oh, I know this. They also have a pub crawl for Mardi Gras and St Patty's Day. I'm neither, German, Creole, or Irish. I just go for the beer.

stumppy
09-23-2005, 02:35 AM

There'll probably be a stumppy crawl too. :toast: :BLVD:
Maybe I can make it too the pub crawl this year.

Rausch
09-23-2005, 02:36 AM
Oh, I know this. They also have a pub crawl for Mardi Gras and St Patty's Day. I'm neither, German, Creole, or Irish. I just go for the beer.

A bright and flashing light that you've got some Kraut in you somewhere... :)

KChiefsQT
09-23-2005, 02:39 AM
good luck.

luv
09-23-2005, 02:40 AM
A bright and flashing light that you've got some Kraut in you somewhere... :)
I'll have to find out which weekend it is going to be. Maybe you and Chris can drag a few people down here to go get plastered downtown.

Rausch
09-23-2005, 02:41 AM
good luck.

You only need luck when you aren't any good.... :)

luv
09-23-2005, 02:42 AM
good luck.
Replying to the original post? Thanks! I'll be fortunate either way, though.

luv
09-23-2005, 02:43 AM
You only need luck when you aren't any good.... :)
You must be the luckiest person around then... :p

Rausch
09-23-2005, 02:44 AM
I'll have to find out which weekend it is going to be. Maybe you and Chris can drag a few people down here to go get plastered downtown.

No doubt.

Rausch
09-23-2005, 02:44 AM
You must be the luckiest person around then... :p

You have no idea...

KChiefsQT
09-23-2005, 02:46 AM
Replying to the original post? Thanks! I'll be fortunate either way, though.

hopefully within the next month u meet a prince charming who swoops you off your feet and says **** the apartment... here's a house... high speed internet included. hehehe :)

luv
09-23-2005, 02:46 AM
No doubt.
http://www.itsalldowntown.com/Article.asp?Filter=AnnualEvents&ArticleID=222

Looks like it's the first Saturday of October.

luv
09-23-2005, 02:52 AM
hopefully within the next month u meet a prince charming who swoops you off your feet and says **** the apartment... here's a house... high speed internet included. hehehe :)
Actually, that's happened several times. I was dreaming at the time though...lol.

Miles
09-23-2005, 02:53 AM
I just go for the beer.

Thats about as good of a reason as you can get.

KChiefsQT
09-23-2005, 02:55 AM
Actually, that's happened several times. I was dreaming at the time though...lol.

awww...he'll come when u least expect it. I have faith in stuff like that... but then again what the hell do I know. My "prince charming" turned out to be a two timing hoe. hahah wow.

Rausch
09-23-2005, 02:55 AM

You'll find something.

Life has a way of giving you just the boost you need when you need it.