View Full Version : Voodoo Fest is coming to Memphis

Ultra Peanut
09-23-2005, 02:22 AM
AWESOME.

The Voodoo Music Experience is Memphis bound
By David Williams
Contact
September 22, 2005

The Voodoo Music Experience, a national music festival displaced from New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina, will take place Oct. 29-30 in Tom Lee Park, event officials announced this morning. It will raise funds for the New Orleans Restoration Fund.

"Moving a festival of this magnitude has been no easy task and we are grateful to the City of Memphis," said founder and producer Stephen Rehage in a statement.

Performances from the festival will be broadcast by VH1 on Nov. 5.

Memphis had ben competing with Austin for the festival, which has a lineup including Nine Inch Nails, whose leader, Trent Reznor, is a former New Orleans resident. In a recent statement posted on the festival Web site, Rezner said: "It’s great that other cities have opened their doors to this year’s event, and the New Orleans spirit will definitely remain in the air - that’s something the floods cannot wash away."

Other acts have yet to be announced.

Voodoo Music Fest

NEW location to be announced.
NIN, The Flaming Lips, Queens of the Stone Age, Billy Idol, Social Distortion, Tiesto, My Chemical Romance, Secret Machines, New York Dolls, Cake, Ryan Adams, Mickey Hart’s Voodoo Drum Circle, The Bravery, Louis XIV, LCD Soundsystem, Handsome Boy Modeling School, Digable Planets, Carl Cox, Brazilian Girls, The Decemberists, Death From Above 1979, VHS or Beta, King Wilkie, Dan Dyer, The Giraffes, World Leader Pretend, Mindless Self Indulgence, Something For Rockets, Ballzack, Ghost, Prince Paul, Dan The Automator, Worms Union, Noomoon Tribe, Nag Hammadi, Atone Pain Tribe, Frame of Mind and many more.

Ultra Peanut
09-23-2005, 02:22 AM
Just say no to Voodoo music fest

Let the churches rise in righteous opposition to bringing the Voodoo Music Experience festival from New Orleans to Memphis on Halloween weekend (Sept. 14 article, "Voodoo checks out Tom Lee, Downtown/Won't say what cities it's looking at for fest").

Memphis does not need an earthquake to wake its leaders up to the fact that "righteousness exalts a nation," and that witchcraft and voodoo have no place in the city.

It is time for the watchmen to sound the alarm. The enemy is attempting to enter the "gates" of the city.

Pamela Stewart ROFL

Guess she's never heard of Beale Street.

luv
09-23-2005, 02:28 AM
ROFL

Guess she's never heard of Beale Street.
Okay, I was going to bed until I saw this thread. I love Memphis. I have fond memories of Beale Street (at least, that's what my friends tell me). And I loved walking along the river at Tom Lee Park. I went to the Music Festival during Memphis in May a couple years ago. Beer was way overpriced, but it was so much fun! I wish I had the money to come up for that weekend. I like NIN, too.