PDA

View Full Version : Refs on our side Monday? Maybe!

picasso
09-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Shanahan was fined $20k by the league for statements he made about the refs in their game with San Diego. Is it to our advantage come Monday? What do you think? Will the refs call a different kind of game with that in mind?

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-23-2005, 01:51 PM
I don't know... it depends on whether the rat was correct in his comments. I didn't see the game so I couldn't say, but if the refs actually WERE bad and Shanny pointed that out, it may be that the refs will be very careful now not to make any questionable calls against Denver.

Then again if shannahon was wrong and was just flinging out accusations it may be that the refs will be less likely to give him the benefit of the doubt on any close calls...

Kyle401
09-23-2005, 01:55 PM
Hopefully the refs will call the game fairly. I can do without anymore speculation that the Chiefs would/should have lost if the refs made the right call. Let the results stand on their own merit.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2005, 01:55 PM
The last time someone on the Denver coaching staff complained about the refs, we beat them by four touchdowns.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-23-2005, 01:57 PM
The last time someone on the Denver coaching staff complained about the refs, we beat them by four touchdowns.

The last time I ate a roast beef sandwich from Arby's on a Friday, the Chiefs won their game.

HolmeZz
09-23-2005, 01:58 PM
The last time the Chiefs played, they won.

Pants
09-23-2005, 02:03 PM
I don't know... it depends on whether the rat was correct in his comments. I didn't see the game so I couldn't say, but if the refs actually WERE bad and Shanny pointed that out, it may be that the refs will be very careful now not to make any questionable calls against Denver.

Then again if shannahon was wrong and was just flinging out accusations it may be that the refs will be less likely to give him the benefit of the doubt on any close calls...

He was complaining about that (legit) call for too many men on the field, when the Donks returned a punt/kick-off (can't remeber which) for a TD and it was called back. He was saying how even in highschool those plays never get called... I agree with him, but the refs did the right thing according to the rule book.

jspchief
09-23-2005, 02:03 PM
It was a legit call that he was crying about. Denver players came onto the field while Darrent Williams was returning a punt for a TD. It may not be something that gets called often, but there was definately a rules violation.

Why am I not suprised the Denver thinks the league rules are flexible?