PDA

View Full Version : Life is funny, ain't it?

duncan_idaho
09-24-2005, 01:52 PM
So this has been an interesting month...

I broke up with my girlfriend last month... that same night, went home with and hooked up with a different girl (Katie). Hung out with the next night at a house party in Columbia, got trashed, and my ex-roommate/best friend decided he liked her. (I live in St. Louis now, they both live in Columbia) So he asked Katie out, then told her I didn't like her, and convinced her not to tell me what was going on between them. He was just trying to get in her pants... and stopped calling her once he realized she wasn't going to have sex with him. I found out at a bar in Columbia the next time I was down there, two weeks after the initial hookup. I give him a chance to come clean, and he doesn't say anything until after I tell him I know, then tries to blame her for everything, which doesn't hold up because of third party accounts.

I'll mention here that this guy and I had been friends since we were 12 (that's 11 years), we lived together for 3, and , oh yeah, I saved his life once (he had a seizure and I held his tongue because he was choking on it).

Anyway, I continue talking to Katie—no relationship or anything, just friends... well, last night, one of her best friends (Karen) who lives here in St. Louis went out to the bars with a friend and I. (Apparently, Karen and I have both complained to Katie about having lame friends who never want to go out). I end up hooking up with Karen last night after we get back from the bars.

So when people tell you everything comes full circle, believe them.

I'll close with saying I love being 23 years old. :)

tk13
09-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Have you had a herpes test?

Mecca
09-24-2005, 01:58 PM
In his next post he will ask us why it burns when he pees.

ChiefsFire
09-24-2005, 01:59 PM
wow

sounds like an episode of the O.C.

Mr. Rat Fink
09-24-2005, 02:00 PM
Some friend. Whatever happened to "Bros before hoes"?

tk13
09-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Some friend. Whatever happened to "Bros before hoes"?
Hey man, this ain't farming. The game ain't bein played if you ain't playing the game! YEAAAH!

Phobia
09-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Don't hate the game.....

HATE THE STUPID SLUTTY WHORES WHO PLAY IT, GET KNOCKED UP, AND TAKE ALL YOUR MONEY FOR THE NEXT 18 ****ING YEARS!!!!

duncan_idaho
09-24-2005, 02:14 PM
No burning sensation as of yet... and I don't expect there to be one.

And yeah, finding out the guy you thought of as a brother could drop it all over a girl... not the best feeling in the world. Especially when we'd been through as much as we had. But I guess if he was willing to do something like that, he wasn't nearly the friend I considered him to be.

I do feel like I'm living in the middle of some bad reality show sometimes.

CoMoChief
09-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Yeah what a shitty friend man, sorry to hear that. The girlfriend I have now used to date my best friend 5 years ago. She ended up being intrested in me, so I asked my friend if he'd care at all if I took her out, I said if he cared at all that I wouldn't do it, he said he didn't care at all, but he appreciated that I asked him before hand. So I ended up hooking up with her. 2 years later I am still with her and me and my buddy are still best friends to this day.

And we all lived happily ever after.

Mr. Rat Fink
09-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Hey man, this ain't farming. The game ain't bein played if you ain't playing the game! YEAAAH!

True, but in this game the females have a significant advantage. If dudes want to get significant playing time, we gotta have teamwork.

Phobia
09-24-2005, 02:17 PM
No burning sensation as of yet... and I don't expect there to be one.

And yeah, finding out the guy you thought of as a brother could drop it all over a girl... not the best feeling in the world. Especially when we'd been through as much as we had. But I guess if he was willing to do something like that, he wasn't nearly the friend I considered him to be.

I do feel like I'm living in the middle of some bad reality show sometimes.

Dude, if you and I hung out picking up hot 20 year old girls, I'd never do that to you. What are you doing later tonight?

|Zach|
09-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Yeah what a shitty friend man, sorry to hear that. The girlfriend I have now used to date my best friend 5 years ago. She ended up being intrested in me, so I asked my friend if he'd care at all if I took her out, I said if he cared at all that I wouldn't do it, he said he didn't care at all, but he appreciated that I asked him before hand. So I ended up hooking up with her. 2 years later I am still with her and me and my buddy are still best friends to this day.

And we all lived happily ever after.
And then he moved on to break a futon banging Shelby.

cadmonkey
Don't hate the game.....

HATE THE STUPID SLUTTY WHORES WHO PLAY IT, GET KNOCKED UP, AND TAKE ALL YOUR MONEY FOR THE NEXT 18 ****ING YEARS!!!!

Something you need to get off your chest Phob?

Skip Towne
a stiff dick has no conscience.

tk13
09-24-2005, 02:20 PM
True, but in this game the females have a significant advantage. If dudes want to get significant playing time, we gotta have teamwork.
Yeah, but if you team up with the wrong guy, she likes him, he stabs you in the back, and you get voted off the island. Then you're standing next to Jeff Probst with your penis in your hand, and nobody wants that.

Mr. Krab
09-24-2005, 02:21 PM
I give him a chance to come clean, and he doesn't say anything until after I tell him I know, then tries to blame her for everything, which doesn't hold up because of third party accounts.

I'll mention here that this guy and I had been friends since we were 12 (that's 11 years), we lived together for 3, and , oh yeah, I saved his life once (he had a seizure and I held his tongue because he was choking on it)
It sounds like you need to play a little game of "head or stomach" with your so-called friend.

beavis
09-24-2005, 02:21 PM
When did KCChiefsman change his username?

stevieray
09-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Dude, if you and I hung out picking up hot 20 year old girls, I'd never do that to you. What are you doing later tonight?

I'm reminded of the hottie who hangs out with the not so hot girlfriend.

way to give one up for the team, phob.

duncan_idaho
09-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Phobia,

Well, I'm hitting the bars, of course. :) I'd say you're welcome to come, if you're in St. Louis...

BS— yeah, honestly, if he had done the same thing you did, I would have said OK and things would be fine. But he didn't approach it as a MAN would... and all indications are that he was just trying to get in her pants behind my back, then let things slide. He stopped calling her after she shut him down when he was trying to convince her to have sex with. When confronted about it, he told her that she reminded him too much of his ex-girlfriend, which is complete b.s.—I know that ex-girlfriend, and Katie is absolutely nothing like her..

duncan_idaho
09-24-2005, 02:25 PM
"It sounds like you need to play a little game of "head or stomach" with your so-called friend."

I still haven't seem him in person... because I know the first time I do, my fist will be saying hello to his jaw.

As for girls... well, they're all whores in one way or another. That's my theory, at least...

Mecca
09-24-2005, 02:26 PM
If my friends played the "bros before hoes" game. One of them wouldn't be married like he is now. But that's a very bizarre story for another time on another day.

Eleazar
09-24-2005, 02:27 PM

Rausch
09-24-2005, 02:28 PM

If a guy is smart enough he can milk that situation.

The plain Jane will leave and after that night, run off and tell all her (better looking) friends how nice a guy you were, what good advice (common sense) you gave her, etc...

Rausch
09-24-2005, 02:29 PM
As for girls... well, they're all whores in one way or another. That's my theory, at least...

Yeah.

But you, on the other hand, look so much better by saving yourself for marriage... :hmmm:

tk13
09-24-2005, 02:33 PM
"It sounds like you need to play a little game of "head or stomach" with your so-called friend."

I still haven't seem him in person... because I know the first time I do, my fist will be saying hello to his jaw.

Yeah, well as soon as your two girlfriends there have a little "chat" and talk about "woman stuff" and find out they both slept with you and make you look like a hypocrite, you're gonna be the one getting whacked in the jaw.

Well at least they should. If they don't, they're whores, and then you probably really do have red bumps.

Phobia
09-24-2005, 02:33 PM

That's a pretty rude thing to say to Duncan. Jeesh.

el borracho
09-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Congratulations. Wear a condom.

duncan_idaho
09-24-2005, 02:47 PM
"Yeah, well as soon as your two girlfriends there have a little "chat" and talk about "woman stuff" and find out they both slept with you and make you look like a hypocrite, you're gonna be the one getting whacked in the jaw."

Well, Katie and I have talked—she and I are friends and nothing more. She's going to a formal today with her on-again, off-again boyfriend. She encouraged Karen and I to hang out, and talked each of us up to the other. And Karen was filled in on the whole situation with Katie and my friend—Katie talked to her about it as it was happening. As for hypocrisy, there are a few key differences—the next time I talk to Katie, I'll tell her what happened. And she knew Karen and I were going to hang out.

Is it slightly shady? Yeah, it is. But there is no deceit going on here.

Oh, and I guess I should clarify "hooking up", as I define it. I've had sex with neither girl—lots of kissing and messing around, but no sex, of any kind.

And the "whores" statement is a broad-reaching topic... it can mean sex, or drama or attention or money...

mikey23545
09-24-2005, 03:11 PM
a stiff dick has no conscience.

Hell, I don't think they have a conscience even before they get stiff.

Hammock Parties
09-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Hang out with me and you'll look like Rico Suave Stud Muffin Fabio.

Valiant
09-24-2005, 03:47 PM
"Yeah, well as soon as your two girlfriends there have a little "chat" and talk about "woman stuff" and find out they both slept with you and make you look like a hypocrite, you're gonna be the one getting whacked in the jaw."

Well, Katie and I have talked—she and I are friends and nothing more. She's going to a formal today with her on-again, off-again boyfriend. She encouraged Karen and I to hang out, and talked each of us up to the other. And Karen was filled in on the whole situation with Katie and my friend—Katie talked to her about it as it was happening. As for hypocrisy, there are a few key differences—the next time I talk to Katie, I'll tell her what happened. And she knew Karen and I were going to hang out.

Is it slightly shady? Yeah, it is. But there is no deceit going on here.

Oh, and I guess I should clarify "hooking up", as I define it. I've had sex with neither girl—lots of kissing and messing around, but no sex, of any kind.

And the "whores" statement is a broad-reaching topic... it can mean sex, or drama or attention or money...

I think you need to redifine your term then, that is like saying "I ****ed your mother" and meaning she made me a sandwich...

luv
09-24-2005, 03:51 PM
I think you need to redifine your term then, that is like saying "I ****ed your mother" and meaning she made me a sandwich...
I would have to agree. Hooking up means hooking up, not making out. And a whore is a whore, not a money grubber.

Head games are for teenagers and players. Neither of which am I interested in. I'm glad my life has no drama. Then again, I have no life. I guess that explains why there's no drama.

Pants
09-24-2005, 04:40 PM

Very nice analogy.