PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Psicosis, your boys lost to Tulsa.........

Skip Towne
09-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Damn, son, that is bad when you lose to another "Town team". But damn, you lost to Tulsa, that perennial power. Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Coach
09-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Well, Tulsa DID hung tough aganist Oklahoma, but then, Oklahoma isn't really that good that many people lead us to believe.

Skip Towne
09-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Well, Tulsa DID hung tough aganist Oklahoma, but then, Oklahoma isn't really that good that many people lead us to believe.
No shit?

Coach
09-24-2005, 09:45 PM
No shit?

No shit.

jettio
09-24-2005, 09:50 PM
I heard some talking head say that Memphis could go undefeated and now they have a couple of losses already.

No matter what the gender, I think it is about time the folks down there put on their best Sunday dress and bonnet and go to Church tomorrow.

Ultra Peanut
09-25-2005, 12:45 AM
This pretty much says it all:And this year we (Memphis) are 2 last play of the game plays away from being 3-0. :banghead:

Unfortunately BOTH of those games we lost resulted in our starting QB suffering a season-ending injury. We are down to our 3rd string QB now who happens to be a true freshman.Not to mention the whole "ticky-tack holding call pulls back 75-yard gain at end of first half, forces Memphis punt; blatant hold that sprang RB for long TD run isn't called against Tulsa at end of first half" sequence.

As soon as Tulsa evened it up at 7-7, I knew it was going to ****ing kill me. As soon as their kicked got a two-uprights-for-one deal in OT and made it only a six-point game, I knew something would keep us from winning.

Ultra Peanut
09-25-2005, 12:52 AM
Some numbers, though, from Tulsa's Murderers' Row of RBs they've faced so far:

Maroney (MINN): 21 carries for 203 yds, 2 TDs
Peterson (OU): 32 carries for 220 yds, 3 TDs
Williams (MEM): 30 carries for 223 yds, 3 TDs

If only DeAngelo had a passing game to support him... now that the one eligible QB we have left (oh, how I wish Hankins could step in and play immediately after the transfer) is a midget true freshman who can't reliably throw the ball more than 10 yards, it could get even uglier than it's been. Lovely

Ultra Peanut
09-25-2005, 12:59 AM
I heard some talking head say that Memphis could go undefeated and now they have a couple of losses already.Whichever talking head that was should be fired immediately, because anybody expecting us to go undefeated this year was smoking some serious crack. Three inexperienced QBs, only a couple of experienced returning O-Linemen, and several inexperienced (but very talented) receivers to count on. Toss in the pre-season injury of #2/#3 WR Mario Pratcher and the early-game injuries to QB Pat Byrne and DE Rubio Phillips, and that's three starters wiped from pretty much the get-go.

Now Hudgens goes down in the 4th quarter of the third game with a broken ankle. Wonderful. This is going to be an interesting ****ing season, and if we make a bowl despite all of this, it may feel almost as good as it did in 2003.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-25-2005, 02:03 AM
Kilian must have really been holding Tulsa back