PDA

View Full Version : So who's getting the overblown love on MNF this week?

Big Slick
09-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Somebody is going to get the sickening amount of overblown attention/credit from the MNF crew, who's it going to be? No way it can be a Chief, I think there's a league rule against that! Shanahan? Plummer? Bailey? Somebody else?

cdcox
09-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Michaels is pretty even handed. And Madden hypes whatever happens that night, because for him it is all about the horse trailer. I expect a pretty even call.

KS Smitty
09-25-2005, 09:50 PM
I voted other: they will be slobbering over the "mystery guest" who is either (IMO) Elway or Sharpe. My reasoning is that we're gonna be whoopin up on the Donks hard enough that the "old Broncos" is the only thing worth saying about em.

Rain Man
09-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Michaels is pretty even handed. And Madden hypes whatever happens that night, because for him it is all about the horse trailer. I expect a pretty even call.

Off topic, but I got a laugh out of the Michaels/Madden conversation when the Rai ders played the Patriots. Madden is so fixated on linemen that he latched onto Vince Wilfork after he made a sack. When it came time for that embarrassing horse trailer segment, the conversation went something like this:

Al: Who do you like for the horse trailer, John?

John: Well, I've got to go with Wilfork. He made that great sack.

Al: Well, yeah, but he did get help with it. There were a couple of other guys there, too. Is there anyone else that you think had a good game?

John: Wilfork is my guy.

Al: (Sigh.) Well, let's see if maybe we can add someone else, too.

|Zach|
09-25-2005, 10:14 PM
holy shit.

Demonpenz
09-25-2005, 10:15 PM
i like john madden even if he is terrible. almost the same way that you make sure your crazy uncle doesn't burn himself on the stove every thanksgiving

tk13
09-25-2005, 10:23 PM
i like john madden even if he is terrible. almost the same way that you make sure your crazy uncle doesn't burn himself on the stove every thanksgiving
Well you see here, when you got, er, a stove.. and you turn the stove on, the stove gets hot. You put your hand on that thing, and it's gonna get burnt. Then all the skin comes off your hand and you end up... you end up looking like Michael Jackson's face. That's why you gotta wear mittens when you're baking cookies.

Demonpenz
09-25-2005, 10:29 PM
Well you see here, when you got, er, a stove.. and you turn the stove on, the stove gets hot. You put your hand on that thing, and it's gonna get burnt. Then all the skin comes off your hand and you end up... you end up looking like Michael Jackson's face. That's why you gotta wear mittens when you're baking cookies.

and mittens are like gloves but with one big pouch for the fingers instead of 5 (circles the mitten) BOOM there you go. that opens that lane right up the lane for the turkducken

cdcox
09-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Off topic, but I got a laugh out of the Michaels/Madden conversation when the Rai ders played the Patriots. Madden is so fixated on linemen that he latched onto Vince Wilfork after he made a sack. When it came time for that embarrassing horse trailer segment, the conversation went something like this:

Al: Well, yeah, but he did get help with it. There were a couple of other guys there, too. Is there anyone else that you think had a good game?

What I remember from that conversation was that they went out of there way not to put Tom Brady on there. It was like, "we should put Tom Brady on, but we're not." Then it broke down into putting some random guys on there.

Yeah, Madden definitely slobbers over lineman. Only Dierdorff seems to have a similar deep lust for large men.

RealSNR
09-25-2005, 10:40 PM
What I remember from that conversation was that they went out of there way not to put Tom Brady on there. It was like, "we should put Tom Brady on, but we're not." Then it broke down into putting some random guys on there.

Yeah, Madden definitely slobbers over lineman. Only Dierdorff seems to have a similar deep lust for large men.I'll never forget when John started talking about ass sweat :Lin:

DJJasonp
09-25-2005, 10:46 PM
You know....just like last year, that tomorrow night is the Champ Bailey show.

Plummer's likeability factor is low due to the flip-off factor (that and the fact that he has about as much personality as Pete Sampras)....so no love from Madden/Michaels...

Unless it's a Chiefs blowout....you're going to hear alot about Champ tomorrow night. (add in the McNair factor....due to playing with an injury....and you've got quite a lot of dialogue about Champ)

Hammock Parties
09-25-2005, 11:14 PM
The Donks don't really have any stars. They might hype Bailey but that's about it.

I think Madden will be raving about LJ, Priest, Derrick Johnson, Tony Gonzalez and our O-Line.

alanm
09-25-2005, 11:34 PM

Yeah, Madden definitely slobbers over lineman. Only Dierdorff seems to have a similar deep lust for large men.
It only stands to reason since both were offensive linemen.

Spicy McHaggis
09-25-2005, 11:36 PM

He didn't even get the sack. The ball got knocked in the air and Wilfork caught it. That was it. I think Madden was just ecstatic to see someone with a bigger ass than him at the game.

keg in kc
09-25-2005, 11:48 PM
Depends on who's winning, by how much and why. As for pre-packaged stuff, I think we probably have more "marquee" players than they do at this point in time, so guys like Gonzalez, Priest, Larry Johnson and maybe Trent Green will be the most visible. Unless they try to find some way to deify Jake Plummer. Rod Smith will get some veteran talk, and of course Champ Bailey. I'd also expect a lot of talk about whether the new defense is 'real'.

Saulbadguy
09-26-2005, 05:45 AM
Randy Moss.

teedubya
09-26-2005, 05:48 AM
i hear the mystery guests are Willie Davis and Joe Montana.

Bob Dole
09-26-2005, 06:10 AM
I'll never forget when John started talking about ass sweat :Lin:

He didn't talk about ass sweat.

He talked about BUTT sweat, damnit. BUTT sweat.

the Talking Can
09-26-2005, 06:12 AM
Escalade Williams or Brett Farve after he throws his 4th INT

Cormac
09-26-2005, 06:37 AM
Definitely Chump Bailey. Especially after his dislocate- shoulder-interception last week. If he gets another this week, watch out. If he doesn't that will just prove how tough a competitor he is that he could play so well last week.

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2005, 07:12 AM
http://gaymadden.ytmnd.com/