PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs/Broncos talent comparison.

Rain Man
09-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Each position gets 10 points.

HB - Holmes vs. Anderson. Anderson had a good season a few years ago, but he's no Holmes. He's serviceable with no hands. 8/2

FB - Richardson vs. Kyle Johnson. All-pro playing hurt versus serviceable young player. 7/3 (higher if Richardson was healthy)

QB - Green vs. Plummer. You've got to be kidding me. 8/2

WR - Kennison vs. Rod Smith. Smith is getting lots of action this year, but Kennison is playing great, too. 3/7

WR - Parker vs. Lelie. Parker can block, Lelie can run deep and is slightly more proven. 4/6

TE - Gonzalez vs. Putzier. Putzier's actually pretty good. He's no Gonzalez. 9/1

LT - Roaf vs. Lepsis. No contest if Willie's healthy, but he's not even close to 100 percent. 6/4 for this game, 10/0 otherwise.

LG - Waters vs. Ben Hamilton. All-pro versus serviceable journeyman. 9/1

C - Wiegman vs. Nalen. The dirty cheater gets more points here, because the league ignores the fact that he's a dirty cheater. 3/7

RG - Shields vs. Cooper Carlisle. Will uses guys like Carlisle as lawn darts. 10/0

RT - Black vs. George Foster. The dirty cheater gets more points because he's big and because the league hasn't yet banned him for being a dirty cheater. 3/7

K - Tynes vs. Elam. The balloon-headed Elam is about the only Bronco I'd consider having on our team. 2/8

P - Colquitt vs. Sauerbrun. Been there, done that, saw the needle marks. 5/5, but Colquitt will kill him once he's off the juice.

KR/PR - Hall vs. Darrent Williams. All-pro vs. fast rookie. 7/3

FS - Wesley vs. Lynch. I wouldn't have the helmet-hitting cheater on my team, but he'll get more points at this time. 3/7

SS - Knight vs. Nick Ferguson. Former all-pro versus another in the Broncos' long line of disappointing defensive backs. 8/2

CB - Surtain vs. Bailey. Is Bailey better than he was last year? On reputation, we'll give him some points, but I'm thrilled with Surtain. 4/6

CB - McCleon vs. Walls. Another of those rare Broncos who could start for the Chiefs. 3/7

OLB - Johnson vs. Gold. Gold is underrated and a veteran. Johnson is an up and coming star. 5/5 right now, but Johnson will leave Gold in his dust.

OLB - Bell vs. Williams. I hear that Williams is okay. 3/7 until Bell reprises his all-pro past.

MLB - Mitchell vs. Al Wilson. He may look like a neanderthal with genetic mutations, but Wilson is pretty good. 2/8.

DE - Hicks vs. Brown. At least when Hicks is invisible, he's on the field. 6/4

DE - Allen vs. Pryce. Pryce appears to be back and healthy, dammit. 2/8

DT - Browning vs. Mike Myers. Believe it or not, Browning wins one. 6/4

DT - Dalton vs. Gerard Warren. As much as I hate to admit it, the Browns' village idiot is playing quite well so far. 2/8

Total:

Offense: Chiefs 70, Broncos 40
Special Teams: Chiefs 14, Broncos 16
Defense: Chiefs 44, Broncos 66

Total: Chiefs 128, Broncos 122

Coach
09-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Hmm... subtract 100 from each team, and there's your final score, perhaps.

Chiefs 28
Broncos 22.

Halfcan
09-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Rain man comes through again. Welcome back from the wilderness.

Imon Yourside
09-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Surtain and Bailey have their points reversed!

wazu
09-25-2005, 11:05 PM
One more category:

Coaching - The Rat's play calling has declined, but you know he'll have something up his sleeve for the Chiefs vaunted "new look" defense. He's also very good at clock management (an art the Chiefs have never mastered). Vermeil's staff will have a solid gameplan. 5/5

Ultimately I think Trent Green will be the key player in this game either way.

Halfcan
09-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Green needs to break his curse of losses up there.

alanm
09-25-2005, 11:29 PM
This is pure genious Kevin. I can't believe it's not getting more responses. :hmmm: :shrug:

Spicy McHaggis
09-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Rain Man I hope this becomes a weekly edition type thing. I've enjoyed your last two. Don't get all full of yourself and start charging us for it though.

wazu
09-26-2005, 09:00 AM
Rain Man I hope this becomes a weekly edition type thing. I've enjoyed your last two. Don't get all full of yourself and start charging us for it though.

Agreed. I missed the last two, but this is pretty cool.

Biohazard
09-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Sweet its always nice when you can go to one thread and get an idea of how everyone stacks up.

BigRedChief
09-26-2005, 09:16 AM
Very good analysis missed ya. We had several possible Hall of Classic threads while you were gone but because you were not there to push them over the top they lanquish as what could have beens. Are you happy with yourself now? Feel rested? Then get back in the game!:p

the Talking Can
09-26-2005, 09:19 AM
my only quibble would be Allen/Pryce

Allen gets another point...he's a better pass rusher, and Pryce is good but generally over rated, and he never shows up in big games (see: Colts)

mnchiefsguy
09-26-2005, 09:37 AM
I agree with just about everything...except I would rate Surtain and Champ at 5/5...after the bad season Chump had last year, they are of equal quality in my book.

Chief Faithful
09-26-2005, 10:05 AM
There should be points given for home field advantage especially for these two teams. With the thin air I'm thinking you should give the Donks another 8 to 10 points.