PDA

View Full Version : Why is 810 talking about the Royals?

cmh6476
09-26-2005, 08:23 AM
who gives a shit about the royals right now? :cuss:

Saulbadguy
09-26-2005, 08:24 AM
:rolleyes:

Your mom, biatch.

Pants
09-26-2005, 08:26 AM

Your mom, biatch.

No,

YOUR mom, biatch!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

cmh6476
09-26-2005, 08:28 AM

Your mom, biatch.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a royals fan with the best of them.

But, the Royals are a lost cause this season. The Chiefs are 2-0, and have probably their biggest game thus far tonight. And 810 is focking talking about the Royals! :mad:

I think I solved the problem though, I just switched to 610...

Saulbadguy
09-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm a royals fan with the best of them.

Yeah, so you bitch about coverage of them? :rolleyes:

If it bothers you that much, change the station.

BigRedChief
09-26-2005, 08:34 AM
Money. They have a whole bunch of money tied up in the rights to broadcast games of a team that has lost 100 games 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

beer bacon
09-26-2005, 08:36 AM

Is there some new rule on the Planet that you can't post about things you don't like? Am I going to get banned if I am not positive?

cmh6476
09-26-2005, 08:40 AM

Dave Stewart:"yeah, the royals are closing in on a record of losses in a season."

George Brett: "yeah, they're not very good dave."

Dave Stewart: "yeah, but the Indians are now 2.5 games back."

George Brett: "right."

AAARRRGGGGHHHH :rolleyes:

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Is there some new rule on the Planet that you can't post about things you don't like? Am I going to get banned if I am not positive?

No shit. If they don't want to read the bitching why don't they not read the thread then. Isn't that liking changing the channel?

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Dave Stewart:"yeah, the royals are closing in on a record of losses in a season."

George Brett: "yeah, they're not very good dave."

Dave Stewart: "yeah, but the Indians are now 2.5 games back."

George Brett: "right."

AAARRRGGGGHHHH :rolleyes:

So I take it Brett is there today? No wonder they are talking Royals since he can't talk about anything else.

beavis
09-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Here, I'll go ahead and post it for beer me, so he doesn't have to -

"man the Royals suck, why do we suck so bad? I wish they'd just go ahead and move"

cmh6476
09-26-2005, 08:47 AM
So I take it Brett is there today? No wonder they are talking Royals since he can't talk about anything else.
they were just getting ready to go to Frank Boal out in Denver. Dave started talking about the Charger and Tomlinson, and I could imagine George Brett sitting there with this expression on his face: :|

cmh6476
09-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Here, I'll go ahead and post it for beer me, so he doesn't have to -

"man the Royals suck, why do we suck so bad? I wish they'd just go ahead and move"

That's really not my point at all, and like I pointed out I am a royals fan and a supporter of the organization.

I just think there is something a little more important and on-topic to KC peeps today then the royals and their 102 losses

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 08:51 AM
they were just getting ready to go to Frank Boal out in Denver. Dave started talking about the Charger and Tomlinson, and I could imagine George Brett sitting there with this expression on his face: :|

I love George but whenever he is on the radio it is just a love fest for what the Royals did 20 yrs ago. After a while it gets old listening to the ass kissing and constant talking about a team that has another 100 lost season.

BigRedChief
09-26-2005, 08:51 AM

Hey don't be hating on Brett. :cuss: The dude played the game the way it is supposed to be played. He has earned his "iconship".

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey don't be hating on Brett. :cuss: The dude played the game the way it is supposed to be played. He has earned his "iconship".

See my post above yours before you blast me.

Bowser
09-26-2005, 09:11 AM
810 talks Royals because it's Keitzman's way at "getting back at" Carl for being such a meanie to him and Jack Harry all those years.

BigRedChief
09-26-2005, 09:21 AM
See my post above yours before you blast me.

Brett is off limits to bag on. If he wants to sell the company line then let him sell the company line. He's earned the right.

beavis
09-26-2005, 09:38 AM
That's really not my point at all, and like I pointed out I am a royals fan and a supporter of the organization.

I just think there is something a little more important and on-topic to KC peeps today then the royals and their 102 losses
I know man, that was a dig at beer me, not you.

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Brett is off limits to bag on. If he wants to sell the company line then let him sell the company line. He's earned the right.

He's earned the right to talk about baseball and the Royals.

I just get tired of listening when he is on because all they talk about is the Royals and then callers call up and slobber all over him and they want to talk about what happened 20 years ago. This wouldn't be such a big deal if Brett only came on every once in a while but he is on there at least 2 days a week. It just gets old.

wazu
09-26-2005, 09:46 AM
810 is just something to listen to when 610 goes to commercials.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2005, 09:49 AM
810 OWNS THE ROYALS RAIDO RIGHTS. Of course they are going to talk about the Royals, they might be the only ones but they need to back up their investment.

Dave Lane
09-26-2005, 09:53 AM
who gives a shit about the royals right now? :cuss:

Ummm they own the rights to the broadcast....

Dave

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 09:55 AM
What is funny is that KK said the other day he didn't want to talk about the Royals anymore since no one really gives a crap.

cmh6476
09-26-2005, 09:59 AM
What is funny is that KK said the other day he didn't want to talk about the Royals anymore since no one really gives a crap.
I heard him say that! And then he proceeded to talk about the royals and their losing ways... :harumph:

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 10:03 AM
I heard him say that! And then he proceeded to talk about the royals and their losing ways... :harumph:

Yep. Actually I think he started talking about that stupid play when both of the players started running into the dugout and let the flyball drop. He wanted everyone to see the replay of it.

I have listened to him in a week so I don't know if he still talks about the Royals. Soren talks about them daily.