PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else

Nzoner
09-26-2005, 02:23 PM
feeling nervous about tonight?

I swear I feel like I did before the play-off games in '95 and '97,all nervous,knot in my stomach.I know it's only week 3 but this game has so much meaning,at least for me.

I so want to see Vermeil get his first win in Denver just in case he does decide to retire after this year.

I so want our D to proove to a national audience that they're for real so we can at least be mentioned in the same sentence with the Colts D as new and improved.

I so want to see a Chiefs win without any questionable calls that others will point to and say yeah but...

I so need to stop the nervous rambling now.

Chan93lx50
09-26-2005, 02:25 PM
With out Roaf and Dunn, I feel we could easily lose this game. With them I would be very confident about going into invesco and kicking the donkeys asses

Rain Man
09-26-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm a Chiefs fan in Denver. If the Broncos win, I may have to fire two good employees tomorrow.

Bowser
09-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Yes because I want badly to beat Denver in their house, and bury them early on.

And no, because it's Denver, and our record sucks up there.

Suprisingly, I'm pretty calm about tonights game.

HC_Chief
nah

I want to see KC's offense get going. Other than that, I think we should win this one with relative ease. The donks are a mere shadow of their former selves.

We just need to get the O going, score early, and play the run. Hit Joke a couple of times and he <i><b>will</i></b> turn the ball over.

KC 34, donks 17

Mr. Kotter
I'm not nervous, really....just concerned.

Denver is a tough place to play; this is nearly a "must win" for them....they are favored to win. That all points to the pressure being off of us.

That, said, I still think we win tonight....if we can control the clock, AND if we can avoid more than one turnover or so.

Spicy McHaggis
09-26-2005, 02:27 PM
I know what you mean. Its more the "kid on Christmas Eve" kind of feeling though. I'm stoked for the game to start.

Paniero
09-26-2005, 02:27 PM
It's okay. We really haven't proven that our D can be efficient on a continuous basis, and Denver has always been a pain in the ass for the Chiefs on the road.

It will be a close game tonight IMO, but hopefully we win the turnover game to keep them out of the end zone, and our offense wakes out of the slumber it was in at Oakland.

For me, the hatred for Denver is more intense than that of Oakland now, so I'm looking forward to a trouncing.

Chief Faithful
09-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Yes, because I want to see a convincing win by the Chiefs, but no place has been harder on the Chiefs than Denver the last 20 years.

Mr. Kotter
09-26-2005, 02:28 PM
....Suprisingly, I'm pretty calm about tonights game.

I don't think anyone I know is EXPECTING a Chief's win....yes, some of the experts have picked us. But the line, and history favors Denver....we are supposed to lose.

If we DO win though, heh......:D

Mr. Kotter
09-26-2005, 02:31 PM
I will say this, and I'm not talking smack....just explaining my gut "feeling"....

IF this game turns out to be a "blow-out".....I'm convinced it will be us blowing them out. I don't see anyway, short of a rash of turnovers and penalties that they blow us out, and I just don't see either of those things happening---although stranger things have happened.

They've got to pray to "keep it close" or we could be taking control of the division much earlier than anyone could have imagined. :)

ArrowheadHawk
09-26-2005, 02:32 PM
i wanna win i hate the donx i live smack dab in the middle of kc and denver so there are lots of donkos fans and i don't wanna have to take no shit

Nzoner
09-26-2005, 02:32 PM
IF this game turns out to be a "blow-out".....I'm convinced it will be us blowing them out. They've got to pray to "keep it close" or we could be taking control of the division much earlier than anyone could have imagined. :)

IF that happens I WILL be the life of my party tonight.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Denver is the one place where we haven't won too much at lately. Its been that way for a while, but the last two times Gunther has been on the sideline in Denver we have won.

Mr. Kotter
09-26-2005, 02:38 PM
IF that happens I WILL be the life of my party tonight.

Perfect scenario?

THEY receive the KO...."D" 3-and-outs them. Punt.

Dante sets up good field position. First play, play-action to Parker on a post-corner. KC 7, Donks 0.

ST stuff the Donks inside their 20. First play, DJ sacks Plummer....fumble return for a TD. KC 14, Donks 0.....BEFORE I've finished my second beer.

Can't blame a fella for dreamin', can you?

:D

siberian khatru
09-26-2005, 02:38 PM
That's exactly how I feel, Nzoner. Been feeling that way all day.

I've even contemplated NOT watching the game, because I'm pretty sure we're gonna lose and I don't want to stay up to midnight being all pissed off and having my heart broken.

I hate this.

tk13
09-26-2005, 02:43 PM
I don't know, I'm usually pretty calm up until gametime or about an hour before. Gotta know how to pace your intensity. Gonna be a tough game tonight, always is in Denver, that crowd is gonna be going nuts. I think we can go in there and win though, we'll see.

Iowanian
09-26-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm more "jittery"....kind of in the same way I was in HS on friday evening.....when I was going on a date and thought I was going to finally bag her that night.

Bastard....that's someone's daughter.

Donger
09-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Nah. I just went to the grocery store wearing my most obnoxious Chiefs hat. As usual, a Broncos fan wearing a John Elway jersey came up to me and started telling me that the Chiefs are going to stomped, et al.

I asked him why he wasn't wearing a Plummer jersey, and he walked away, shaking his head.

Mr. Kotter
09-26-2005, 02:46 PM
....I asked him why he wasn't wearing a Plummer jersey, and he walked away, shaking his head.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

keg in kc
09-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Not nervous at all. We're the better team, but we just don't win there. If we win I'll be bouncing off the walls. If we lose, I'll be bummed, angry and cussing like a sailor for a bit, then shrug and get over it.

Win or lose, the Eagles next sunday are the must-win game. This is a "would be nice to win" game. Road losses happen. You have to win at home. Now, a win tonight would be huge, no question about that, but a loss...well, as a loss it wouldn't hurt very much, other than the fact that it's against f*cking dungver. It wouldn't end the season.

This is me, tempering my enthusiasm.

Warrior5
09-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Yes, I'm extremely nervous for all the reasons I've stated on two other threads.

One thing I'm pretty confident in: win or lose, the Chiefsplanet server is gonna crash around 2330 tonight, if not sooner.

CRUSH THE DONX!!

el borracho
09-26-2005, 03:10 PM
I just don't see where the Broncos are going to get enough points to hang with us. Additionally, I don't see the Chiefs settling for field goals instead of touchdowns each week.
Chiefs- 38
Broncos- 17

BigRedChief
09-26-2005, 03:17 PM
That's exactly how I feel, Nzoner. Been feeling that way all day.

I've even contemplated NOT watching the game, because I'm pretty sure we're gonna lose and I don't want to stay up to midnight being all pissed off and having my heart broken.

I hate this.

With our injuries and with the MNF atmosphere with ole horseface and all that crap.............if we pull this win out I'm firing up the Super Bowl bandwagon. :clap:

Dunit35
09-26-2005, 03:21 PM
I get nervous for every game..yet Im pumped for the game to get started...its kinda like HS ball all over again..I never used to get nervous for games...I started getting nervous for game when KC played Indy last year...now I get nervous for every game..

Nzoner
09-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Not nervous at all. We're the better team, but we just don't win there. If we win I'll be bouncing off the walls.

Just make sure you don't get too close to my E.

seeing that you weren't at 37 Forever last year that might've went right over your head,but I'm sure someone will get it

Bowser
09-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Just make sure you don't get too close to my E.

seeing that you weren't at 37 Forever last year that might've went right over your head,but I'm sure someone will get it

Beer Me will be along shortly to explain.......

DanT
09-26-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm not too worried about a loss. If we lose, we lost an away game against a division foe, so we just have to make sure to beat them in Arrowhead. If we win, we gain some peace of mind.

I don't care what the national media or the rest of the nation's fans think. That doesn't mean anything at all. In my humble opinion, the only way the Chiefs season is a success this year is if we at least get to the Super Bowl. At no point on that journey does a fan poll have anything to do with anything.

The main thing I don't want to see happen tonight is a serious injury to any of our players, especially to Green, Surtain or Shields. I don't want to see Roaf in there unless there's only a miniscule risk of setting back his recovery. We're better off using an away game to let him heal, it seems to me.

Big Slick
09-26-2005, 04:12 PM
My dream first play - Plummer bootlegs but when he starts to get squared up to the LOS again, BOOM, a blitzing Derrick is already in his face and blows him up, fumble return for a TD! Or Kendrell, either one, I'm not picky!!

DanT
09-26-2005, 04:12 PM
By the way, for anyone who can't see how the Broncos could blow us out, you need to replace the batteries in the part of your crystal ball that accounts for the possibility of an injury to Green or to one of our interior defensive or offensive linemen. I can easily envision a scenario in which the Broncos blow us out, although I doubt it will happen. ;)

Bob Dole
09-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Bob Dole is giddy with anticipation about the mystery guest.

LSU and Tenn ought to be a good way to get primed.

Calcountry
09-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Yes because I want badly to beat Denver in their house, and bury them early on.

And no, because it's Denver, and our record sucks up there.

Suprisingly, I'm pretty calm about tonights game.I would like to see LJ wear the running back belt tonight.

chiefs4me
09-26-2005, 04:34 PM
I don't have a good feeling, haven't had all day.....:deevee: and I swear...if my chiefs lose tonight I am gonna kill that mean know it all old man down the street....:cuss:okay maybe I won't kill him, but I just might let all the air out of his tires...ROFL

GO CHIEFS..

Iowanian
09-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Get your bad mojo out of here woman....go in the kitchen and cook some snacks

Bob Dole
09-26-2005, 05:01 PM

**** snacks.

She needs to get in the kitchen and bake Bob Dole a mother****ing PIE!

chiefs4me
09-26-2005, 05:08 PM

cooking is done for the day....PBJ

I might be willing to hit the button on the microwave for popcorn....:evil:

chiefs4me
09-26-2005, 05:09 PM
**** snacks.

She needs to get in the kitchen and bake Bob Dole a mother****ing PIE!

let me run right in and do that.......:rolleyes:

Nzoner
09-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Time to load the cd changer for the td and commercial music,get a recordable disc in the dvd recorder for the game and mix my first drink.

Have a good one all,and here's to what I hope is a great night :toast:

Bob Dole
09-26-2005, 05:24 PM
let me run right in and do that.......:rolleyes:

Thanks!

tommykat
09-26-2005, 05:29 PM
As my TV crapped out today, I am presently waiting on my new one to arrive shortly! :cuss: Of all FAULKING nights :cuss::cuss:

Skip Towne
09-26-2005, 05:44 PM
As my TV crapped out today, I am presently waiting on my new one to arrive shortly! :cuss: Of all FAULKING nights :cuss::cuss:
I keep telling you TK, you gotta clean up your act. When you're evil, stuff like this happens.