PDA

View Full Version : LJ

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2005, 08:31 PM
I don't get all the LJ>Priest people. LJ can't seem to find/hit the open holes. :shake:

kcxiv
09-26-2005, 08:34 PM
LJ isnt the back priest is, i really hope People realize that now. Roaf not in there is having a huge effect on LJ.

Shox
09-26-2005, 08:34 PM
WHAT HOLE. Bronco in the backfield every play?

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2005, 08:37 PM
WHAT HOLE. Bronco in the backfield every play?There have been plenty holes. LJ likes to bounce it outside when the hole is inside. I don't get it.

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2005, 10:04 PM
So, is LJ still better than Priest?

NewChief
09-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Leon was probably out hanging with the guys from Pitch, talking about screwing someone else's girl and trying to wear his hat into clubs with a dress code last night.

Seriously, when I read that article, I got a bad feeling about the guy. It indicated to me the type of immature player that thinks they're gifted enough to just show up and make plays. It didn't indicate someone that was willing to put in the work and sacrifice to show up every single day on game day. Hopefully I'm wrong about the guy, but I didn't think he had his heart into it tonight...of course half the team..no 75% of the team...no 100% of the team didn't seem to have their heart into it tonight.

KC Jones
09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
To me it looked like he was approaching the LOS too upright and looking for something big to break. There were several plays if he had just lowered his head and hit the hole he'd have gotten 4-5 yards. Instead he was looking for the 15 yard opening and got slammed for -1.

Halfcan
09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
I agree- I am dumping LJ as a sig. He is a chump, and I wish we would trade him.

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2005, 10:31 PM
I agree- I am dumping LJ as a sig. He is a chump, and I wish we would trade him.
It's not that bad. He'll still be a good player. He's just not in Priest's class, yet.

jidar
09-26-2005, 10:35 PM
LJ didn't play worth a shit tonight. It's definately going to simmer down the running back controversy. In fact, if we have a few more of these types of games from him people are going to start to really bitch about this splitting the carries shit, and rightfully so.

Brock
09-26-2005, 10:36 PM
What an amazing performance by the Chiefs running backs. Yes, Priest, that includes you.

Mecca
09-26-2005, 10:37 PM

Nice, fans like you give us all a bad name. On and off the bandwagon at the drop of a ****in hat. Brilliant.

tk13
09-26-2005, 10:38 PM
I thought LJ was less than stellar in pass protection tonight. At least from the naked eye watching the game... I'd have to watch the tape again, and I'm not sure I want to do that.

Mecca
09-26-2005, 10:40 PM
I thought LJ was less than stellar in pass protection tonight. At least from the naked eye watching the game... I'd have to watch the tape again, and I'm not sure I want to do that.

I think you could say the entire team was less than stellar in pass protection........ When dlineman are running through the oline on a regular basis it's pretty hard to single out the back for missing a block.

tk13
09-26-2005, 10:46 PM
I think you could say the entire team was less than stellar in pass protection........ When dlineman are running through the oline on a regular basis it's pretty hard to single out the back for missing a block.
I don't disagree with that. I wasn't making an excuse for anybody else's play. Just an observation. He got beat a few times. Plus it seemed when they'd send somebody down the middle and from the left, seemed like Priest would take the guy in the middle, LJ would take the outside guy.

It's just an observation. This is what I'm talking about when I say LJ and LJ's supporters get their panties in a knot if you criticize him though.

I think he'll be fine. It's just one game, Priest was clearly the better back today. That's just how it goes, I said before the season started there'd be days were Priest was better, days were LJ was better, that's just how it goes. No reason to get uptight over it.

crazychiefsfan
09-26-2005, 10:54 PM
I was afraid of this. One game and everyone is out to prove that Priest is better then LJ. Your right, but don't forget that LJ did put up the numbers last year to prove everyone wrong about him. Yea he is childish sometimes but what great player isn't now a days. Believe it or not LJ is the future of this team. Priest had his run and we are all greatful. Don't rip on LJ for one bad game.

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2005, 10:58 PM
I was afraid of this. One game and everyone is out to prove that Priest is better then LJ. Your right, but don't forget that LJ did put up the numbers last year to prove everyone wrong about him. Yea he is childish sometimes but what great player isn't now a days. Believe it or not LJ is the future of this team. Priest had his run and we are all greatful. Don't rip on LJ for one bad game.
I'm not saying he stinks. I think he will be a very good back. However, with the blocking not holding up well, LJ couldn't get it done. Priest had the experience and savy to get some tough yards. LJ will continue to learn and get better. Unlike others, I'm not yet ready to make him the starter. That was my point.

dtebbe
09-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Why y'all hatin' on my boy?

He'll be fine, and we'll be fine as a team. Look at the first few games last year, it took a few games for our offense to hit thier stride. They'll hit it, and the D can only get better.

We will be OK. Drink another beer and get a good nights sleep.

DT

Raiderhater
09-26-2005, 11:01 PM

Priest Holmes.

Raiderhater
09-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Why y'all hatin' on my boy?

He'll be fine, and we'll be fine as a team. Look at the first few games last year, it took a few games for our offense to hit thier stride. They'll hit it, and the D can only get better.

We will be OK. Drink another beer and get a good nights sleep.

DT

With the exception of one, or maybe two idiots, nobody is hating. We are just saying that all of the starter talk was a bit premature when you still have Holmes.

crazychiefsfan
09-26-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm not saying he stinks. I think he will be a very good back. However, with the blocking not holding up well, LJ couldn't get it done. Priest had the experience and savy to get some tough yards. LJ will continue to learn and get better. Unlike others, I'm not yet ready to make him the starter. That was my point.

Yes Priest did get the tough yards, after Denver went to a softer D. How can a back get into a rythem with one carry wait 30 min three carries wait 30 min. Give LJ the ball see more then 8 times see what he can do.

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Yes Priest did get the tough yards, after Denver went to a softer D. How can a back get into a rythem with one carry wait 30 min three carries wait 30 min. Give LJ the ball see more then 8 times see what he can do.
You put it on the ground on our 12, you probably aren't going to get the ball for a while.

crazychiefsfan
Priest Holmes.

One out of 6

Raiderhater

I don't know, how'd he do it the the first two games?

dirk digler
Priest did look much better tonight especially in protecting Trent. LJ missed a few blocks tonight.

crazychiefsfan
09-26-2005, 11:07 PM
You put it on the ground on our 12, you probably aren't going to get the ball for a while.

Very first fumble of his career. Priest has never fumbled?

Raiderhater
09-26-2005, 11:08 PM
One out of 6

You asked and I answered. So your point would be?

crazychiefsfan
09-26-2005, 11:11 PM
You asked and I answered. So your point would be?

Priest is one out of a hand full of players that is not childish. THAT puts him at the top. THATS my point

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Yea he is childish sometimes but what great player isn't now a days. Trent Green and Will Shields.

wutamess
09-26-2005, 11:14 PM
I can't believe the fuccing turn-coats on this board.
Priest finds 1-2 holes in the second half during a blowout loss and LJ isn't as good as he was.

Never mind the fact that Priest didn't do shit when it counted (at the beginning of the game). Also never mind the fact that LJ had the better average last week when Priest couldn't do shit when it counted.

You people are simply fricken amazing.

Give the ball to the better back (LJ) which should be our feature back and ride with him. I'd be willing to bet a paycheck you LJ turn-coats will be changing your tune. Priest is past his prime. LJ is simply the best back on the Chiefs IMHO.

Raiderhater
09-26-2005, 11:16 PM
Priest is one out of a hand full of players that is not childish. THAT puts him at the top. THATS my point

Well here's my point: you were being stupid and engaging in hyperbole with your statement. Next time try saying that MOST stars are childish these days instead of insinuating that they all are. Because they all are not. I can probably come up with some more names for you if I thought about it. Hell, here's one - Marshall Faulk. The guy handled handled this same situation the way Priest is handling it.

You shouldn't make such rash statements in defense of your boy, because it makes you look bad, and him even worse once you see there are stand up guys out there.

Raiderhater
09-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Trent Green and Will Shields.

Dante Hall.

wutamess
09-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Please tell me you guys aren't arguing over who acts the best?

Who gives a shit? if they produce. They produce. I don't givashit how immature they act as long as it doesn't affect team chemistry or the outcome of the game.

crazychiefsfan
09-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Priest finds 1-2 holes in the second half during a blowout loss and LJ isn't as good as he was.

Never mind the fact that Priest didn't do shit when it counted (at the beginning of the game). Also never mind the fact that LJ had the better average last week when Priest couldn't do shit when it counted.

Give the ball to the better back (LJ) which should be our feature back and ride with him. I'd be willing to bet a paycheck you LJ turn-coats will be changing your tune. Priest is past his prime. LJ is simply the best back on the Chiefs IMHO.

Thank you!

Raiderhater
09-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Please tell me you guys aren't arguing over who acts the best?

Who gives a shit? if they produce. They produce. I don't givashit how immature they act as long as it doesn't affect team chemistry or the outcome of the game.

He made a stupid insinuation to make his argument look better and I called him on it. No more, no less.

crazychiefsfan
09-26-2005, 11:30 PM
He made a stupid insinuation to make his argument look better and I called him on it. No more, no less.

You called me out on nothing. Priest is one of those great players that has no attitude and can play great football. Randy Moss, TO and others have bad attitudes and can play great football. Its like at work you may be a great at what you do and don't bitch, the other guy bitches all the time but still gets the work done. SO WHAT!!

Hey I know there are different players out there and I know Priest is still the best at what he dose. Just don't take a big fat crap on LJ after a game where everyone looked like poo poo.

bringbackmarty
09-26-2005, 11:32 PM
garbage time big johnson diaper boy choked. thats all there is to it. the chiefs beat a shitty jets team and an underrated, but inexperienced and soft oakland "d", which made more mistakes than george bush taking a doctoral physics test.
I must admit that I was wrong about l.j. a second time. one 35 yd run does not a champion make.
our offense will get it together when we get roaf and welbourn back.

the real culprit is kendrell bell. when is he gonna get it together and earn his pay.
bell is the leading candidate for the vonnie holliday free agent bust award.

Raiderhater
09-26-2005, 11:35 PM
You called me out on nothing. Priest is one of those great players that has no attitude and can play great football. Randy Moss, TO and others have bad attitudes and can play great football. Its like at work you may be a great at what you do and don't bitch, the other guy bitches all the time but still gets the work done. SO WHAT!!

Hey I know there are different players out there and I know Priest is still the best at what he dose. Just don't take a big fat crap on LJ after a game where everyone looked like poo poo.

Yes I did. I called you out on a stupid statement/insinuation that you were trying to use to make your argument look better. Next time say it correctly and we can avoid this little mess.

And I don't know how many times it has to be said, but with the exception of one or two people in this thread, no one is taking a "big fat crap on LJ". Those of you in the "Start LJ NOW" group are pretty silly some times. Try actually reading what has been posted.

wutamess
09-26-2005, 11:40 PM
marty...

I HAVE to disagree with you. If LJ would've hit those holes priest got his big runs on... I think he would've had at least one TD. I don't know about you but if I'm warming up for an hour and then have to sit 30 minutes and to try to instantly turn it on again... I'd have a hard time getting the feel of the game too.

If you want to be frank about it. Priest made almost all of his yards in garbage time. LJ has proven himself to be a great NFL RB when the blocking is there.

I didn't think we'd miss Roaf as much as we do. Am I the only one that thought Trent reminded me of Carr getting hit that many times.

Also... my dad was right... we do need a WR to stretch the freaking field to take pressure off of Tony.
It's bad when your opponents #1 corner has Tony G. duty.

We also need Sims back in the worse way.
Either that or a pass rushing DE.
J. Allen is exactly what I thought he'd be... a Bob Hamelin/one year wonder.

Synerjy
09-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Can't we all just get along and agree that both backs are great, The Priest is the Vet, Larry is still learning, and Wesley is the best player on the team that never gives up.

crazychiefsfan
09-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Yes I did. I called you out on a stupid statement/insinuation that you were trying to use to make your argument look better. Next time say it correctly and we can avoid this little mess.

And I don't know how many times it has to be said, but with the exception of one or two people in this thread, no one is taking a "big fat crap on LJ". Those of you in the "Start LJ NOW" group are pretty silly some times. Try actually reading what has been posted.

Lets go back being Chiefs fans. It was a crappy game everyone looked like crap. Lets get ready for Philly. I've said crap alot.

Raiderhater
09-26-2005, 11:46 PM
marty...

I HAVE to disagree with you. If LJ would've hit those holes priest got his big runs on... I think he would've had at least one TD. I don't know about you but if I'm warming up for an hour and then have to sit 30 minutes and to try to instantly turn it on again... I'd have a hard time getting the feel of the game too.

If you want to be frank about it. Priest made almost all of his yards in garbage time. LJ has proven himself to be a great NFL RB when the blocking is there.

I didn't think we'd miss Roaf as much as we do. Am I the only one that thought Trent reminded me of Carr getting hit that many times.

Also... my dad was right... we do need a WR to stretch the freaking field to take pressure off of Tony.
It's bad when your opponents #1 corner has Tony G. duty.

We also need Sims back in the worse way.
Either that or a pass rushing DE.
J. Allen is exactly what I thought he'd be... a Bob Hamelin/one year wonder.

I have already asked this and nobody has cared enough to answer, but since this is being brought up again I'll go ahead and ask again.

How did he do it the first two games? Hell, one of teh arguments I see from teh start LJ now side is that he is so young, fresh, and eager to run over people. It worked for him in the first two games didn't? Why is it that he suddenly needs the feel of teh game?

Raiderhater
09-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Lets go back being Chiefs fans. It was a crappy game everyone looked like crap. Lets get ready for Philly. I've said crap alot.

I have never stopped being a Chiefs' fan. And yes, you have said alot of crap.

crazychiefsfan
09-26-2005, 11:51 PM
I have never stopped being a Chiefs' fan. And yes, you have said alot of crap.

Damn you just can't quite can you. This is why i hardly post on this board.

Raiderhater
09-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Damn you just can't quite can you. This is why i hardly post on this board.

I'd be happy to quit, I'd love nothing more actually. However your playing off a false insinuation like it ain't no thing is kind of bugging me.

crazychiefsfan
09-27-2005, 12:03 AM
I'd be happy to quit, I'd love nothing more actually. However your playing off a false insinuation like it ain't no thing is kind of bugging me.

OK OK here's the deal I'm sorry if I offended you say that every great player has an attitude problem, I thought I cleared that up. Lets just go on with our lives and not talk about this any more. I Love You :p

Raiderhater
09-27-2005, 12:07 AM
OK OK here's the deal I'm sorry if I offended you say that every great player has an attitude problem, I thought I cleared that up. Lets just go on with our lives and not talk about this any more. I Love You :p

FTR, I was not "offended". I just have a problem with the way you attempted to justify your argument, with a false insinuation. If your argument is strong enough on its merits, you shouldn't have to do that.

crazychiefsfan
09-27-2005, 12:10 AM
FTR, I was not "offended". I just have a problem with the way you attempted to justify your argument, with a false insinuation. If your argument is strong enough on its merits, you shouldn't have to do that.

Dude you are way to serious. See Ya!

Raiderhater
09-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Dude you are way to serious. See Ya!

My team just got slaughtered on national tv, gee I can't imagine why I would be in a pissy mood.

I am just sick and tired of the group of people who are trying to create a RB controversey. As you saw tonight, that is th last thing we need. LJ will have his opportunity; patience is a virtue, so ya'll chill out on the subject please.

crazychiefsfan
09-27-2005, 12:19 AM
My team just got slaughtered on national tv, gee I can't imagine why I would be in a pissy mood.

I am just sick and tired of the group of people who are trying to create a RB controversey. As you saw tonight, that is th last thing we need. LJ will have his opportunity; patience is a virtue, so ya'll chill out on the subject please.

OK I'm back. There has been a controversey since last season. The Media created that not "the group of people".

Raiderhater
09-27-2005, 12:22 AM
OK I'm back. There has been a controversey since last season. The Media created that not "the group of people".

That's funny, I see more people on this board making an issue of it than I do anyone in the media.

crazychiefsfan
09-27-2005, 12:23 AM
That's funny, I see more people on this board making an issue of it than I do anyone in the media.

You must spend your whole time on this board then.

Raiderhater
09-27-2005, 12:25 AM
You must spend your whole time on this board then.

Well yeah, but so what? Anything in the media that is Chiefs related gets posted here.

crazychiefsfan
09-27-2005, 12:27 AM
Well yeah, but so what? Anything in the media that is Chiefs related gets posted here.

Figures

Den9899
09-27-2005, 12:32 AM
So how the hell did this tandem get shut down by Cleveland Brown rejects?

Raiderhater
09-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Figures

I'm sure you think you've made some valid point, what I don't know, but I'm sure you think it just the same.

While your making that point, why don't you also make the one that has to do with LJ needing a feel for the game? I've asked that question twice now, and not one person has stepped up to answer it. And this is what drives me mad about those of you making your case, you dodge questions, make false insinuations, and ignore facts. I can understand you wanting something that you believe is going to help the team, but you can get too carried away, ask the Scanlon contingent about that.

Bowser
09-27-2005, 12:38 AM
So how the hell did this tandem get shut down by Cleveland Brown rejects?

To quote Wesley Snipes: "Even the sun shines on a dogs ass sometimes".

What else do you need?

Den9899
09-27-2005, 12:42 AM
To quote Wesley Snipes: "Even the sun shines on a dogs ass sometimes".

What else do you need?

Well, I expect that to be the best explination I get.

I doubt anyone would admit that the biggest joke of the offseason just shut down the best 1-2 running back combo in the league.

tk13
09-27-2005, 12:43 AM

I doubt anyone would admit that the biggest joke of the offseason just shut down the best 1-2 running back combo in the league.
I don't think Priest was really shut down. Give him 20-25 carries and he has well over 100 yards, he was averaging over 4 a carry. He wasn't playing there late in the game when it was out of reach though.

Den9899
09-27-2005, 12:46 AM
I don't think Priest was really shut down. Give him 20-25 carries and he has well over 100 yards, he was averaging over 4 a carry. He wasn't playing there late in the game when it was out of reach though.

Actually it seemed he got a big chunk of his yards in garbage time. But ya 4 yards a carry isn't too bad.

tk13
09-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Actually it seemed he got a big chunk of his yards in garbage time. But ya 4 yards a carry isn't too bad.
Well heck it was garbage time after the 1st quarter. He got most of his yards recieving in the 2nd half but in the 1st half there were a couple times he put some wicked moves on Bronco defenders. One play he was squared up with John Lynch and juked him clear out of his jock.

Bowser
09-27-2005, 12:50 AM

Since you're trolling for something to validate your "I told you so" attitude - here it is: If the Broncos can't get up for a game that would potentially bury them after Week 3 to a team that bet THE SHIT out of them last time they met, they have serious problems.

I never really expected to win this game. We just don't win in Denver. I'm not nearly as freaked out about this loss as you are as encouraged by the Broncos winning.

We'll see you again in December.

jspchief
09-27-2005, 01:43 AM
LJ is not Priest Holmes, and will be lucky to ever be as good.

PenChief, skip towne and all you other LJ cocksuckers can go **** yourselves.

I'll post more intelligent stuff tommorrow when I'm not retarded drunk.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-27-2005, 03:38 AM
Can't we all just get along and agree that both backs are great, The Priest is the Vet, Larry is still learning, and Wesley is the best player on the team that never gives up.

makeup rep is overrated

Den9899
09-27-2005, 07:23 AM
Since you're trolling for something to validate your "I told you so" attitude - here it is: If the Broncos can't get up for a game that would potentially bury them after Week 3 to a team that bet THE SHIT out of them last time they met, they have serious problems.

I'm not looking for validation. I just know it is impossible for any of you to admit what actually happened last night.

KC Jones
09-27-2005, 07:38 AM

Relax Francis

They are different RBs with different strengths and styles. Priest Holmes is in the twilight (or at least late afternoon) of his career, but he still gives us a lot of things LJ doesn't. In that first half red zone posession having LJ in there instead of Priest hurt us. Priest is more elusive and better able to fight for a handful of yards than LJ. As long as there is a gaping hole LJ has the ability to bust it, but as we all saw last night he stands upright too much and waits too long for something to open up. If he'd stop trying to be a superstar and bust the long run, he might have actually gotten some yardage last night.

IMHO instead of splitting series we should be using LJ in the middle of the field and Priest in short yardage, red zone, deep in our territory, and obvious passing downs.

gblowfish
09-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Surely you can't hang no blame on Leon.

Sheeeet....

Leon LOST his playbook last week when Leon's pimped out ride got violated.

How's Leon supposed to know how to hang onto a football when Leon can't hang onto the playbook? Leon gots no idea wtf out there. Leon don't know no plays, got no x'es and o's, yo.

Leon's gonna go home and load his gun, do some mad club hoppin and look for some bar skank ho. Maybe some club ho stole Leon's playbook! Leon pistol whip whoever took Leon's playbook fo sho.

Meanwhile, Leon still chillin' in his underoos. Leon callin' his agent. Nobody said nuthin' bout Leon havin' to work on Mondays. Damn.

jspchief
09-27-2005, 07:46 AM
I was afraid of this. One game and everyone is out to prove that Priest is better then LJ. Your right, but don't forget that LJ did put up the numbers last year to prove everyone wrong about him. Yea he is childish sometimes but what great player isn't now a days. Believe it or not LJ is the future of this team. Priest had his run and we are all greatful. Don't rip on LJ for one bad game.WTF?

Priest has been dominating the league for 4+ years now. LJ has done it for about 8 games. Idiot.

jspchief
09-27-2005, 07:58 AM

Last week "when it counted" Holmes was getting first downs and burning clock. Last week "when it counted" LJ was getting stuffed to the tune if 1.2 yards per carry.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your LJ crush.