PDA

View Full Version : You're getting smoked...but you're smiling.

Simplex3
09-26-2005, 09:27 PM
WTF? If I was having my a** handed to me I wouldn't be wandering around the field smiling. Sammie Parker drops his third pass to kill another drive and is smiling and laughing. Jared Allen loses contain and their 3rd string back goes for 10+ and a first down, he's walking back to the line smiling.

It's too late in this game, but DV needs to tear some new a**holes this week. Of course I don't think he has it in him. That job will fall to Green, Priest, etc. but I don't know that DV won't cut them off at the knees.

Dunit35
09-26-2005, 09:29 PM
WTF? If I was having my a** handed to me I wouldn't be wandering around the field smiling. Sammie Parker drops his third pass to kill another drive and is smiling and laughing. Jared Allen loses contain and their 3rd string back goes for 10+ and a first down, he's walking back to the line smiling.

It's too late in this game, but DV needs to tear some new a**holes this week. Of course I don't think he has it in him. That job will fall to Green, Priest, etc. but I don't know that DV won't cut them off at the knees.

WORD...real f**king funny isnt it?

Phobia
09-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Hugs all around. Let's all have a good cry over the game and a big laugh at all the money in our ****ing bank accounts, shall we?

Saulbadguy
09-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Sometimes you just gotta laugh at how things are going. I do that at work. Alot.

Simplex3
09-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Sometimes you just gotta laugh at how things are going. I do that at work. Alot.
I usually don't do it while my competitors are closing every lead and stealing every customer I have, though.

siberian khatru
Hey, DV told them earlier this week they'd probably lose this game. Lot of respect for Shanahan, lot of respect. What can you do?

If rape is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it.

Dr. Johnny Fever
Obviously I don't know this for sure, but I would guess they may be laughing at the smack their being treated to by the Denver players so not to show weakness. Just my take.

:shrug:

Saulbadguy
09-26-2005, 09:37 PM
I usually don't do it while my competitors are closing every lead and stealing every customer I have, though.
Then you'd probably make a shitty football player. Right?

siberian khatru
09-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Obviously I don't know this for sure, but I would guess they may be laughing at the smack their being treated to by the Denver players so not to show weakness. Just my take.

Bah, a REAL Chief would grab them by the facemask and get back-to-back unsportsmanlike penalties.

Phobia
09-26-2005, 09:39 PM

Weakness? Uh. Kinda hard to hide the 30-3 pink elephant in that room, don't you think?

Son of Logical
09-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Honestly, can Parker catch a ball tonight. It is not like they have been hard catches to make, or fireballs from Trent. Plain and simple he is all speed and no hands, especially tonight. Man, this is just embarresing to watch. In fact I am done, this game gets no more run on my t.v. tonight. Lets regroup and come back swinging next week.

Simplex3
09-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Lets regroup and come back swinging next week.
IMO next week is when we find out what kind of team this is. If they come in next week pissed off and lay one on the Eagles they'll probably be Ok this year. If they get beat by the Eagles and look lethargic and unaffected like they do tonight this season could be over early.

digi2fish
09-26-2005, 09:46 PM
most embressing game in 3 seasons
:shake:

KChiefsQT
09-26-2005, 09:49 PM
most embressing game in 3 seasons
:shake:

I agree. this is unreal.

Jenson71
09-26-2005, 09:50 PM
They didn't bring their stuff tonight. They're a better team than Denver, and they know it. What should they do? Cry? They're not smiling cause they're happy.

ChiTown
09-26-2005, 09:52 PM
They're a better team than Denver, and they know it. What should they do? Cry? They're not smiling cause they're happy.

based on what? The fact that we won't score a TD or the fact that we're gonna get beat by 4 TDs and give up 200 yards rushing?

Jenson71
09-26-2005, 09:57 PM
based on what? The fact that we won't score a TD or the fact that we're gonna get beat by 4 TDs and give up 200 yards rushing?

Based on the fact that when we play our best, we can win pretty dominately. Are 2-0 record is no fluke, and neither is Denver's 1-1. They're average, we're good. The Patriots are better than the Panthers too.

Simplex3
09-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Based on the fact that when we play our best, we can win pretty dominately. Are 2-0 record is no fluke, and neither is Denver's 1-1. They're average, we're good. The Patriots are better than the Panthers too.
Late in the 4th, down by 20+ you can smile out of frustration. Early in the second down by 10 when you just dropped an easy pass to kill a drive you don't f**king laugh and smile and joke around with the corner that was covering you.

Jenson71
09-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Late in the 4th, down by 20+ you can smile out of frustration. Early in the second down by 10 when you just dropped an easy pass to kill a drive you don't f**king laugh and smile and joke around with the corner that was covering you.

Both situations are out of frustration. You can't get to down on yourself, they have mental trainers come in and tell them this.

Frankie
09-26-2005, 10:09 PM
You're getting smoked...but you're smiling.
Yeah that's right. Everybody bend your head down and pout and LOOK like losers.
:rolleyes:

Phobia
09-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Yeah that's right. Everybody bend your head down and pout and LOOK like losers.
:rolleyes:

Why in the hell would they do that? Their checks are coming next week. It doesn't matter if they dropped 8 balls or missed 20 blocks, those checks will be there.

Simplex3
09-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Why in the hell would they do that? Their checks are coming next week. It doesn't matter if they dropped 8 balls or missed 20 blocks, those checks will be there.
Not only that but DV won't bench you and he sure as hell won't release you.

stevieray
09-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Bell..slowand this years' holliday....no wonder they held him out...he can't play
Knight....slow
Surtain...invisible
mitchell...invisible

Vermeil....nice guys finish last, you set the tone for this game. i'm tired of you stroking other teams play. you set us up to fail.

Hog Rider
09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Didn't New England get their A*s'es handed to them a couple years ago, then finish OK?

Woo Whoo Super Bowl here we come!!

Simplex3
09-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Bell..slowand this years' holliday....no wonder they held him out...he can't play
Knight....slow
Surtain...invisible
mitchell...invisible

Vermeil....nice guys finish last, you set the tone for this game. i'm tired of you stroking other teams play. you set us up to fail.
Why bother throwing at Surtain? McToast is right there on the other side. That and they have Surtain playing 10 yards off the WR.

The nice guy thing is the biggest problem. They should have come in tonight embarrased about the ass beatings they had been handed over the last three years. They should have been prepared and they should have been nasty. They were neither.

I don't mind the loss but to get blown away again is unacceptable.

Frankie
09-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Didn't New England get their A*s'es handed to them a couple years ago, then finish OK?

Woo Whoo Super Bowl here we come!!
Actually you have the most intelligent post so far in this thread. :thumb:

Mecca
09-26-2005, 10:28 PM
In fairness to Surtain they pretty much avoided throwing where he was. McCleon was constantly picked on.

Brock
09-26-2005, 10:29 PM
How about bitching about something that matters, like throwing lousy passes and being repeatedly fooled by the same play Denver runs over and over and over again.

Simplex3
09-26-2005, 10:39 PM
How about bitching about something that matters, like throwing lousy passes and being repeatedly fooled by the same play Denver runs over and over and over again.
I felt that was covered well enough in the 50-some threads already covering it.

Brock
09-26-2005, 10:44 PM
I felt that was covered well enough in the 50-some threads already covering it.

Oh, okay. I guess we're down to facial expressions as the topic of the minute. Whatever.

Simplex3
09-26-2005, 10:51 PM
Oh, okay. I guess we're down to facial expressions as the topic of the minute. Whatever.
Yeah, laughing it up with the opponent who is currently in the process of kicking your ass is a facial expression thing, not an attitude problem.

shaneo69
09-26-2005, 11:24 PM
Bell..slowand this years' holliday....no wonder they held him out...he can't play.

I know there's someone here who will come along and say that Bell played great----they just didn't run any plays to his side of the field.....just like last week. And wearing #99, he does look like Holliday out there.