PDA

View Full Version : My knee-jerk reaction for the evening

Hammock Parties
09-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Start Marc Boerigter. Samie Parker can't catch a cold.

patteeu
09-26-2005, 10:41 PM
Start Marc Boerigter. Samie Parker can't catch a cold.

Parker has made some reasonably difficult catches in the past. I think it's too early to decide he has hands of stone. Boerigter went through an entire season proving that his hands are questionable. Is Freddie Mitchell well yet?

Hammock Parties
09-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Parker has made some reasonably difficult catches in the past. I think it's too early to decide he has hands of stone. Boerigter went through an entire season proving that his hands are questionable. Is Freddie Mitchell well yet?

Boerigter never dropped five ****ing passes in one game.

patteeu
09-26-2005, 10:44 PM
What do you think about Trent Green's performance? Do you think he was insecure/distracted without Roaf in there or do you think his errant passes were caused by something else?

Hammock Parties
09-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Are you kidding me? It was clear Green couldn't step into his throws for most of the night.

Jordan Black sucks. I'm not convinced any of our backup offensive tackles are worth a crap.

Black needs to be moved back to right tackle and we need to make a trade or something for a veteran LT.

petegz28
09-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Oh well we beat the crap out of them last year at our house...shit happens.

patteeu
09-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Boerigter never dropped five ****ing passes in one game.

I don't know if Boerigter has ever been thrown to 5 times in a game. Dropping passes throughout a season as Boerigter did two years ago is more distressing to me than one really bad game. But Parker has a long way to go before I consider him a solid starter (especially since this bad game follows right on the heels of the nearly-catastrophic fumble he had last week).

Hammock Parties
09-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Parker could have easily had 100 yards tonight I bet. He was getting open.

I'll also predict that LJ's playing time is going to be reduced now.

Miles
09-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Are you kidding me? It was clear Green couldn't step into his throws for most of the night.

Thats a big concern for me right now. Im hoping its a confidence issue with his leg rather than another injury.

patteeu
09-26-2005, 10:54 PM

Jordan Black sucks. I'm not convinced any of our backup offensive tackles are worth a crap.

Black needs to be moved back to right tackle and we need to make a trade or something for a veteran LT.

No need to trade, Roaf will be back soon. I agree that there were plenty of times when Green was impacted by rushers, but there were also times when he had plenty of opportunity to step into his throws but he still threw crappy balls. The line sucked, but it got into Green's head too.

Valiant
09-26-2005, 11:05 PM
What do you think about Trent Green's performance? Do you think he was insecure/distracted without Roaf in there or do you think his errant passes were caused by something else?

Something else as in Denvers defense in his face most of the night???

Mecca
09-26-2005, 11:07 PM

The entire offense was horrible in this game.....Holmes wasn't much better than LJ was to be truthful.

petegz28
09-26-2005, 11:10 PM
I remembe us to doing this to Buffalo on a Monday night once. Buffalo went to the Super Bowl that year as we watched.

picasso
09-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Parker, he needs to get serious on the field and quit smiling when he drops a ball. That's extra laps in my book. And yes Boe should be in there.
Priest played like crap. I like his patience when he surveys the hole but tonight he didn't go. And the times he did he never got in another gear.
He hit the DBs with both hands around the ball instead of the stiff arm we usually see out of him as he high steps it around the tackler. LJ looked lost and confused mainly because of JORDAN BLACK standing there with a pacifier up his ass.

Bowser
09-26-2005, 11:24 PM
I remembe us to doing this to Buffalo on a Monday night once. Buffalo went to the Super Bowl that year as we watched.

Good point. But you'll excuse me if I don't jump on the SuperBowl bandwagon just yet.......

runnercyclist
09-26-2005, 11:29 PM

This is the key. The man gets open.

He'll be OK. he has a future. Let's not give up on him yet. It would be nice to have a young, fast superstar in the making.

Bowser
09-26-2005, 11:38 PM
Another angle with Boerigter - his special teams play. He is a crucial piece on our coverage and return teams.

And I think that Parker would be a dangerous slot receiver. He's just not ready to be a #2 just yet.

listopencil
09-26-2005, 11:45 PM

A few seasons ago, when then Chiefs beat the Rams after the Rams won the SuperBowl, one of the game announcers said that every time the Chiefs had played against the SuperBowl winner from the previous season that the Chiefs had won the game. I don't know if that streak is still alive. I don't know if the announcer was talking out of his ass. Anybody know anything about this?

Bowser
09-26-2005, 11:47 PM
A few seasons ago, when then Chiefs beat the Rams after the Rams won the SuperBowl, one of the game announcers said that every time the Chiefs had played against the SuperBowl winner from the previous season that the Chiefs had won the game. I don't know if that streak is still alive. I don't know if the announcer was talking out of his ass. Anybody know anything about this?

It's no longer alive. New England beat us at home on MNF last year, 27-19.

listopencil
09-26-2005, 11:49 PM
It's no longer alive. New England beat us at home on MNF last year, 27-19.

Thanks. Ah, well. It was kind of cool while it lasted.

Miles
09-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Another angle with Boerigter - his special teams play. He is a crucial piece on our coverage and return teams.

And I think that Parker would be a dangerous slot receiver. He's just not ready to be a #2 just yet.

Completly agree on both points. If Bo doesnt hold on return plays he could make a nice additon to special teams. Im not sure exactly what horn does for us anyways. He has minimal upside as a WR.

I wish we would have had another option at as the #2 wr and let parker eventually take over rather than throw him right in. He shows flashes but he just looks ackward in his role right now.

Wallcrawler
09-26-2005, 11:53 PM
Well, the entire offense looked bad. The line couldnt block, Holmes and Johnson didnt have a lot to work with, Green threw some bad passes, and receivers dropped some catchable balls.

Johnson's fumble was extremely costly. Down there within your own 20 yard line you have got to protect the football above all else. I think LJ got himself a wake up call there, as they cut to him on the sideline after Denver Scored a play later and he was extremely upset, as he should be.

Thats one thing a lot of people take for granted with Holmes. Holmes just does not cough up the football. I know that this is Johnson's first career fumble, but to have it happen inside our own 20 is just hard to let go.

That was really the turning point in the game in my book. We're down 10, and have a chance to cut into the lead, and then all of a sudden they have the football and score and we have to play down by 17. The Chiefs could just never get anything going to get out of that hole.

Pants
09-26-2005, 11:54 PM
Priest played like crap. I like his patience when he surveys the hole but tonight he didn't go. And the times he did he never got in another gear.
He hit the DBs with both hands around the ball instead of the stiff arm we usually see out of him as he high steps it around the tackler. LJ looked lost and confused mainly because of JORDAN BLACK standing there with a pacifier up his ass.

But somehow that doesn't apply to Priest... I like your logic. Priest proved you how much better he is by overcoming the weakness of the O-Line by actually gaining yards, yet somehow he played like crap while it was Black's fault that LJ didn't do shit.

Bowser
09-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Completly agree on both points. If Bo doesnt hold on return plays he could make a nice additon to special teams. Im not sure exactly what horn does for us anyways. He has minimal upside as a WR.

I wish we would have had another option at as the #2 wr and let parker eventually take over rather than throw him right in. He shows flashes but he just looks ackward in his role right now.

Horn is one of Vermeil's guys, ala Hicks. An "effort" guy, if you will. If they DON'T promote Boe to #2 receiver, the only options are - 1) Leave Parker at the #2, or 2) bring in Freddie Mitchell. I won't necessarily be against bringing in Mitchell, just not at the expense of Boerigter. Cut Will Svitek, or someone in his caliber, just not Boe. Boe has more value than just a receiver to this team.