PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry, but what miniscule of respect I had for Shanahan is.....officially gone.

C-Mac
09-26-2005, 10:43 PM
When he challenged that last touchdown, it was flat out only for spite against Eddie Kennison. For someone to hold grudges like that is just immature and unprofessional. That touchdown meant nothing, and he challenged the spot of the ball not the incompleteness of the pass. If they spot the ball on the 4 inch line the Chiefs woud have scored
automatically. So it was painfully obvious why he threw the red flag.
What a freaking weasel!

It nice to know that they still have to come to Arrowhead to get spanked back.

On a side note, I thought that the Shanahan\Kennison issue was over family matters and that Shanahan wasn't sympathetic to them.
Michaels and Madden sure painted Eddie as a quiter, bet Shanahan filled there head with mush.

|Zach|
09-26-2005, 10:45 PM
I don't fault him in the least. If Kennison did that to me? I wouldn't want him in my endzone.

Kennison has been great for us but I don't fault the way they feel about him.

Frankie
09-26-2005, 10:46 PM
It was a good challenge. I'd want DV to do that if the situation was reversed.

OmahaChief
09-26-2005, 10:47 PM
I agree with what Kennison pulled I would have challenged it as well. What Kennison did was a punk move and if he were not a Cheif most other Chief fans would be singing the same tune about him.

Stinger
09-26-2005, 10:48 PM
When he challenged that last touchdown, it was flat out only for spite against Eddie Kennison. For someone to hold grudges like that is just immature and unprofessional. That touchdown meant nothing, and he challenged the spot of the ball not the incompleteness of the pass. If they spot the ball on the 4 inch line the Chiefs woud have scored
What a freaking weasel!

On a side note, I thought that the Shanahan\Kennison issue was over family matters and that Shanahan wasn't sympathetic to them.
Michaels and Madden sure painted Eddie as a quiter, bet Shanahan filled there head with mush.

:BS:

That was done to preserve the defense stand and the touchdown shut out, I would do it as a coach and I hope Vermil would so the same. The Defense played hard they deserved that challenge by Shanahan.

Brock
09-26-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm surprised Eddie didn't fumble it.

NewChief
09-26-2005, 10:49 PM
I agree with what Kennison pulled I would have challenged it as well. What Kennison did was a punk move and if he were not a Cheif most other Chief fans would be singing the same tune about him.

You do know that Kennison's wife has a potentially fatal disease (Lupus) and the Rat wasn't sympathetic to him wanting to miss some practice because of it, which is the reason he left the team?

siberian khatru
09-26-2005, 10:50 PM
I guess I'm naive, but I honestly don't think that challenge was personal. I think it was about the game. And it was the right thing to do.

Brock
09-26-2005, 10:51 PM
I guess I'm naive, but I honestly don't think that challenge was personal. I think it was about the game. And it was the right thing to do.

Yeah - The soap opera angles are purely a fan thing.

C-Mac
09-26-2005, 10:51 PM
I sorry, but I think Eddies side of the story of events has a ring of truth to it.

KC Jones
09-26-2005, 10:52 PM
If you want your team to go for the jugular and never let the other guy up, you have to do the same. It was a good challenge.

SoCalBronco
Unprofessional?

Respect?

WTF did you expect when you guys had no problem running it up on us in Kansas City last year? That game was over in the 1st quarter. Mid 2nd quarter tops. What was it 28-10 at the half? And then you guys ran it up in the second half and didnt shut it down. You ended up with nearly 50 points and now you complain about unprofessionalism. Maybe "Dick" should be the one you should be complaining about. Why the hell should we cut Eddie Kennison any breaks? He's a quitter and a loser. You expect us to just let him have a free TD he didnt even EARN? He didnt even catch the ball. I dont care who it is, why give up a free TD when they didnt earn it.

Im sick of this bullshit hypocrisy. You dont have a problem going beyond the line last year so shut the **** up when it gets thrown back in your face.

BigRock
I thought I read last season that Kenninson and Shanny had patched things up. Didn't the KC Star do a story on it? I doubt the challenge was anything personal against Eddie, even though Al and Madden acted like it was.

DanT
09-26-2005, 10:53 PM
There wasn't anything at all wrong with that challenge.

Brock
09-26-2005, 10:55 PM
Unprofessional?

Respect?

WTF did you expect when you guys had no problem running it up on us in Kansas City last year? That game was over in the 1st quarter. Mid 2nd quarter tops. What was it 28-10 at the half? And then you guys ran it up in the second half and didnt shut it down. You ended up with nearly 50 points and now you complain about unprofessionalism. Maybe "Dick" should be the one you should be complaining about. Why the hell should we cut Eddie Kennison any breaks? He's a quitter and a loser. You expect us to just let him have a free TD he didnt even EARN? He didnt even catch the ball. I dont care who it is, why give up a free TD when they didnt earn it.

Im sick of this bullshit hypocrisy. You dont have a problem going beyond the line last year so shut the **** up when it gets thrown back in your face.

The Chiefs ran it like 100 ****ing times in that game and threw about 10 passes. What did you want them to do, punt on first down?

Get ready for some more of that when the Broncos come to Arrowhead.

Den9899
09-26-2005, 10:56 PM
The Chiefs ran it like 100 ****ing times in that game and threw about 10 passes. What did you want them to do, punt on first down?

Seriously, I think you have to wait at least one day after an ass whooping like this to even begin to think about running smack.

BigRock
09-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Unprofessional?

Respect?

Exactly... if a team with no defense is ahead at the half, they should just shut it down. I remember how upset the entire league was at the terrible thing KC did to poor Denver.

Wait, sorry, none of that is true.

Brock
09-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Seriously, I think you have to wait at least one day after an ass whooping like this to even begin to think about running smack.

Yeah, maybe, if I assigned much value to a game in ****ing week three.

C-Mac
09-26-2005, 10:58 PM
It was a good challenge. I'd want DV to do that if the situation was reversed.

He wouldnt do it and he definetly wouldnt do it for spite.
How much would a spot on the 4 inch line really be considered saving a touchdown?

patteeu
09-26-2005, 10:59 PM
I doubt seriously that that had anything to do with the challenge. I have no problem with what Shanahan did.

picasso
09-26-2005, 10:59 PM
New rule states that if the nose of the football touches the ground on a reception it's a catch as long as there is control. It was clear at the endzone angle his arm was under the ball. Touchdown NO First down YES. Moot point game over. But the rat got the benefit of calls all night long. Guess it pays you back when you lose 20k the week before.

Synerjy
09-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Was it me or did his knees hit before the ball? I think we have all seen way worse plays than that not get called. The Refs just had a hard-on for the Chiefs. Really, I wonder why they didn't just suit up in blue and orange for the evening. What happened to the flag they threw against denver when the guy pulled Gonzo out by his face mask, and then shoved him? The Chiefs sure got called for every little touch on the denver face masks.

patteeu
09-26-2005, 11:02 PM
He wouldnt do it and he definetly wouldnt do it for spite.
How much would a spot on the 4 inch line really be considered saving a touchdown?

The way the Chiefs were playing tonight, I wouldn't consider a first down at the 1 (or the 4 inch line if that's where you think it would have been spotted) to be a sure TD. The nearly inevitable false start would have moved the ball back to the 6 anyway.

dirk digler
09-26-2005, 11:03 PM
I would have done the same. I ain't giving away nothing for free.

Mecca
09-26-2005, 11:04 PM

We were suppose to just take a knee for an entire half......... Bronco fans acting like we ran that score up is still really humerous to me. We weren't the team calling trick plays.........

C-Mac
09-26-2005, 11:04 PM
I thought I read last season that Kenninson and Shanny had patched things up. Didn't the KC Star do a story on it? I doubt the challenge was anything personal against Eddie, even though Al and Madden acted like it was.

I've never read that. With the crowd booing Eddie everytime his name is called and then chanting him on, I can help but believe thats why he threw it. There really was no other practical reason, since he said to the refs that he didnt think he reached the endzone.

C-Mac
09-26-2005, 11:06 PM
The way the Chiefs were playing tonight, I wouldn't consider a first down at the 1 (or the 4 inch line if that's where you think it would have been spotted) to be a sure TD. The nearly inevitable false start would have moved the ball back to the 6 anyway.

Well the game I watched the Chiefs got every 4th down conversion running the ball.

BigRock
09-26-2005, 11:33 PM
I've never read that. With the crowd booing Eddie everytime his name is called and then chanting him on, I can help but believe thats why he threw it. There really was no other practical reason, since he said to the refs that he didnt think he reached the endzone.

I couldn't find the story on the Star site, but here's a mention from a Colorado paper:

Shanahan said Chiefs wide receiver Eddie Kennison called him before the teams played at the beginning of the season.

Kennison played for the Broncos in 2001 and left the team the night before a game, saying he had lost his passion for football. He tried to rescind his retirement later in the week, but Shanahan met with his coaches and players and decided it was best if Kennison and the Broncos parted ways.

Kennison signed with the Chiefs later that season and has been productive. This season, he has 833 yards and six touchdowns.

Shanahan said all bad feelings are behind them.

"Eddie went through some tough times when he was here," Shanahan said. "I won't go through our conversation, but I was pretty impressed with how he handled himself" when they spoke in September.

Frankie
09-26-2005, 11:34 PM

Why? You forgot last year already?

DRU
09-27-2005, 12:38 AM
If we're in that situation we challenge too. Not only would it help the psych of the defense, but let's think about how close the division could be this year. Aren't there point differintial tie breakers and stuff like that? If they beat us by 20 and we only beat them by 10 in KC...then they could get a crazy tie breaker towards the end of the year. I guess I could be wrong but that's the first thing I thought of.

I can officially say I've never been more embarrased as a Chiefs fan. My first away game I've attended...was horrible.

On a good note...that stadium wasn't half as loud as Arrowhead on a Sunday afternoon against the Lions. This was Monday night Bronx/Chiefs. They were noisy...but not LOUD.

Taco John
09-27-2005, 02:12 AM
You do know that Kennison's wife has a potentially fatal disease (Lupus) and the Rat wasn't sympathetic to him wanting to miss some practice because of it, which is the reason he left the team?

Bah. You realize that Kennison had three or four different excuses and finally settled on one AFTER he quit on us the night before a game, announced his retirement, and THEN went to play for a division rival.

You also realize that it was put to a vote by the team, and it was his teammates who said they didn't want any part of the guy because they didn't feel he had the heart or desire to make it in this league.

ExtremeChief
09-27-2005, 03:18 AM
I dislike the Rat as much as the next guy, but I think DV would have done the same thing, at least I hope he would. You punish a division rival any chance you get. Completely demoralize them.

As far as the refs... who gives a shit. KC got their asses handed to them. I really get sick of listening to people whine about the refs.

Denver punked us at their house again, big surprise. Hopefully KC can turn it around next week. If they play like they did Monday night, Philly will punk them too.

Congrats Broncos......see you in Arrowhead.

Garcia Bronco
09-27-2005, 06:08 AM
What a freaking weasel!

What...so he should have let you score? Bottom line is he didn't catch the ball. If the ref had done his job....it would have been an issue now would it? Points count in tie-breakers as well.

And your account of why he quit is completely not true.

Red Dawg
09-27-2005, 06:41 AM
I don't fault him in the least. If Kennison did that to me? I wouldn't want him in my endzone.

Kennison has been great for us but I don't fault the way they feel about him.

Once again you show what a touchy feely little punk you are.

C-Mac
09-27-2005, 07:48 AM
What...so he should have let you score? Bottom line is he didn't catch the ball. If the ref had done his job....it would have been an issue now would it? Points count in tie-breakers as well.

And your account of why he quit is completely not true.

Well tell us the true account them....

As far as the game, I call it as I see it.
Shanahan challenged the TD, not if it was a catch, and it would not have been much "touchdown prevention" putting the Chiefs on the 4 inch line because the Chiefs had previously made all their 4th down conversions.

Dartgod
09-27-2005, 07:55 AM
You also realize that it was put to a vote by the team, and it was his teammates who said they didn't want any part of the guy because they didn't feel he had the heart or desire to make it in this league.
Well, at least they were wrong about that.

I don't blame Shanahan. And I don't think it had anything to do with it being Kennison, either. Think of it like this, if the late TD the Jets scored on us had been a questionable call, should Vermiel not challenge it, just to be a "good guy"?

ChiTown
09-27-2005, 07:57 AM
This is a joke. This is the NFL, and it doesn't stand for Nice Friends League. You play the game until the clock expires. I would have done the same thing if I was the Rat. The ball bounced and EK came up short of the GL. What's the sin in throwing the flag?

DenverChief
09-27-2005, 07:59 AM

I dunno during the radio broadcast last night the denver commentators were talking about the last game when Vermiel was running up the score and that is exactly what Shanny was trying to do by running a reverse and passing instead of just running out the clock with 5 min left in the game...I think they do hold grudges and remember things like that

KChiefs1
09-27-2005, 08:02 AM
I love rivalry games where each team is out to embarass the other....nothing wrong with that!

It just sucks to be on the other side!

C-Mac
09-27-2005, 08:04 AM
Well, at least they were wrong about that.

I don't blame Shanahan. And I don't think it had anything to do with it being Kennison, either. Think of it like this, if the late TD the Jets scored on us had been a questionable call, should Vermiel not challenge it, just to be a "good guy"?

The Jets would have been for a shutout, so it doesnt necessarily apply to Denver. Perhaps I'm reading it all wrong but remember that Shan challenged the spot of the ball, so you tell me how can you keep the Chiefs from scoring from the 4 inch line with 4 tries. Its a good as a touchdown. So if this all were true, whats the real reason to challenge the spot when the game is clearly already decised.

RP_McMurphy
09-27-2005, 08:07 AM
Don't worry guys.............The Donkey's will have a nice short week and a long plane ride to Jacksonville. So whatever edge the Donkey's gained they will give right back after a day in the Florida heat and humidity.

C-Mac
09-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Don't worry guys.............The Donkey's will have a nice short week and a long plane ride to Jacksonville. So whatever edge the Donkey's gained they will give right back after a day in the Florida heat and humidity.

You know whats sad is they always lose after playing the Chiefs no matter who they play, to bad they werent playing a weaker team, but you know Jacksonville will embarrass them.....yes yes.

ChiTown
09-27-2005, 08:14 AM
.... Perhaps I'm reading it all wrong but remember that Shan challenged the spot of the ball, so you tell me how can you keep the Chiefs from scoring from the 4 inch line with 4 tries. Its a good as a touchdown........

Apparently you were watching a different game than I did. We did a mighty fine job of keeping ourselve from scoring all night. There were no gar., even at the 4in line.

DanT
09-27-2005, 08:16 AM
The Jets would have been for a shutout, so it doesnt necessarily apply to Denver. Perhaps I'm reading it all wrong but remember that Shan challenged the spot of the ball, so you tell me how can you keep the Chiefs from scoring from the 4 inch line with 4 tries. Its a good as a touchdown. So if this all were true, whats the real reason to challenge the spot when the game is clearly already decised.

Each try would have taken time off of the clock. Also, it wouldn't have been a certainty that the Chiefs would have scored. A false-start penalty or an illegal formation could easily have set the Chiefs back 5 yards on their very first down.

It was absolutely appropriate for Shanahan to challenge the call. Not only was his own specific claim upheld, it turned out that there was even an additional reviewable aspect of the original call that was wrong.

There is no reason to complain about that challenge on its merits. Further, when you place it within the context of the Chiefs-Broncos rivalry, which has, over the decades, been punctuated with several beatdowns in which one side or the other had the score "run up on it", there is even more reason to challenge an undeserved touchdown, it seems to me.

Let's hope the Chiefs have a response for the Broncos when they come to Arrowhead.

C-Mac
09-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Apparently you were watching a different game than I did. We did a mighty fine job of keeping ourselve from scoring all night. There were no gar., even at the 4in line.

I was basing upon all the 4th down conversions despite the rest of the yukyness.

Garcia Bronco
09-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Well tell us the true account them....

As far as the game, I call it as I see it.
Shanahan challenged the TD, not if it was a catch, and it would not have been much "touchdown prevention" putting the Chiefs on the 4 inch line because the Chiefs had previously made all their 4th down conversions.

Yeah...following a team meeting on the saturday before a game he walked up to Shanahan and said he was going to retire and not play. The rest is what it is...

ChiTown
09-27-2005, 08:24 AM
I was basing upon all the 4th down conversions despite the rest of the yukyness.

The difference in the 4th downs and the GL is that Denver still had to protect the 50 yards behind them on the 4th downs. At the GL, they are packing the LOS.

Megbert
09-27-2005, 08:28 AM
And here I thought this thread was going to be about the fake timeout direct snap play the broncos called.

Plain and simple the Chiefs got outclassed lastnight just as the Broncos will in Arrowhead. The Chiefs were picked by many to go 1-3 in the first 4 games maybe 2-2. So right now we are on par or exceeding what many 'experts' had predicted for us. A win against Philly going into the Bye week will definitely lessen the sting of this loss.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 08:40 AM
What goes around comes around.

Rain Man
09-27-2005, 08:51 AM
I'm really disappointed in C-Mac. After all this time, how could you still have a miniscule of respect for Shana han?

ArrowheadHawk
09-27-2005, 09:00 AM
well if i was that rat i wouldn't have been on the field because there is no f'ing way i would ever wear anything with a broncos logo on it let alone work for the team...and most of you probably feel the same so spare me the if i was the rat bs

patteeu
09-27-2005, 09:06 AM
well if i was that rat i wouldn't have been on the field because there is no f'ing way i would ever wear anything with a broncos logo on it let alone work for the team...and most of you probably feel the same so spare me the if i was the rat bs

LOL

Mile High Mania
09-27-2005, 09:19 AM
This thread is insane... it doesn't matter what the issues are between Kennison and Shanahan. You challenge that play at ANY point in the game if you think it will be reversed.

The reasoning that C-Mac has thrown out there is idiotic... Shanahan challenged the play b/c he hates Kennison? Right.

beavis
09-27-2005, 09:31 AM
This thread is insane... it doesn't matter what the issues are between Kennison and Shanahan. You challenge that play at ANY point in the game if you think it will be reversed.

Why? Did you really think we were going to score 27 points in 3 minutes? Seemed incredibly petty to me, whether it was about Kennison or not.

Mile High Mania
09-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Why? Did you really think we were going to score 27 points in 3 minutes? Seemed incredibly petty to me, whether it was about Kennison or not.

You're serious? If anything, Shanahan made the call for his defense that had played their asses off the whole game. A defense loves to shut out teams and keep them from scoring TDs.

I think we can all agree that it indeed was NOT a TD ... right? So, whether they were winning by 3 or by 30, you throw the flag and see if it gets reversed. He owed the defense that much for the effort they put out there.

Crying because he threw a flag that negated a TD that wasn't truly scored in the first place by a former Bronco is just silly.

Dartgod
09-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Why? Did you really think we were going to score 27 points in 3 minutes? Seemed incredibly petty to me, whether it was about Kennison or not.I can't believe that some people think this is an issue. I gay-ron-tee that anyone of you would think differently if the situation was reversed.

Sure-Oz
09-27-2005, 10:03 AM
shanarat wasnt about to give Kennison a free TD, i dont blame them for challenging that.

jspchief
09-27-2005, 10:33 AM
I can't believe that some people think this is an issue. I gay-ron-tee that anyone of you would think differently if the situation was reversed.No doubt. How quickly some fans forget how bad we wanted that shutout against the Jets in week 1.

Eleazar
09-27-2005, 10:41 AM
:rolleyes:

What did he have to lose by challenging? Nothing.

I would have done it to them too. Big deal.

DBroncos4life
09-27-2005, 11:13 AM

KC tried to onside kick it after they scored. If they thought the game was over and just wanted to give up then they would have kicked it deep. I'm pretty sure all teams give 100% for all 60 minutes of the game.

C-Mac
09-27-2005, 12:16 PM
The guys in the booth must know how Shanahan really feels about Kennison or why would they have been talking about it? Why would they have made the comments they did when Shanahan threw the flag? They were biased in their information on Kennison also.

Mecca
09-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Kennison on the sideline "you've gotta be kidding me". Shanahan thinks we intentionally ran up the score on them in Arrowhead last year. It was obvious by what he was doing.

If you want to call Shanny an ass, I think the trick play call is more an indication of that than the challenge is.

Mr. Krab
09-27-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry, but what miniscule of respect I had for Shanahan is.....officially gone.Why? Because he has the killer instinct that Vermeil lacks?

It made me angry, but i don't blame him a bit. If we hadn't played like a bunch of puzzies then he wouldn't of been able to do it.

boredfan
09-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Hey, am I the only one that still thinks about tie breakers. Going in everyone else had brought it up, and now let's just assume that we win when they come to KC. If we end up tied in that case, I could be wrong, I think it comes down to point differential. So, what is soooooo bad about running up the score in the biggest divisional possiblity when the playoff race may come down to that same score?

Mr. Rat Fink
09-27-2005, 12:42 PM
I too despise Shanahan. But, in the end, I can't really justify my hatred based on his actions or words. Simply put, I can't stand the way he looks. We all do it. Sometimes you look at somebody and it is like nails on a chalkboard. For me, he's one of those people...
http://www.greysquirrel.net/pics/mshan.jpg

Mile High Mania
09-27-2005, 12:46 PM
The guys in the booth must know how Shanahan really feels about Kennison or why would they have been talking about it? Why would they have made the comments they did when Shanahan threw the flag? They were biased in their information on Kennison also.

There's like 23 other things you could be focusing your attention on from last night's game, yet you're trying to make an issue of this...

It could have been Sammie Parker in that play... and Shanahan would have thrown the red flag, dude.

C-Mac
09-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Hey, am I the only one that still thinks about tie breakers. Going in everyone else had brought it up, and now let's just assume that we win when they come to KC. If we end up tied in that case, I could be wrong, I think it comes down to point differential. So, what is soooooo bad about running up the score in the biggest divisional possiblity when the playoff race may come down to that same score?

I do and agree, but I dont think is was his lone motive. The ball spotted on the 4inch line 1st and goal isnt much less that a TD.

Mile High Mania
09-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Kennison on the sideline "you've gotta be kidding me". Shanahan thinks we intentionally ran up the score on them in Arrowhead last year. It was obvious by what he was doing.

If you want to call Shanny an ass, I think the trick play call is more an indication of that than the challenge is.

I hate it when my team gets whipped by 30... hell I was at that game in Arrowhead last year and it sucked. But, what are they supposed to do? Would you support the NFL putting in an "Ass Beating Clause" that states the game is called in the 4th quarter if one team is up on another team by more than 24 points with 6 mintues left?

You got guys playing for contracts and trying to make a name for themselves. Denver got blown out at Arrowhead last year and that was THEIR fault. KC was nailed to the wall last night, Shanahan was going for the throat and continuing to put up points... if the Chiefs don't like it, do something about it - stop them.

College teams face this all the time... I didn't exactly like watching UCLA roll Arkansas 70 to not much a few weeks ago, but what should they have done? Called the game at halftime for non-competitiveness?

Mile High Mania
09-27-2005, 12:51 PM
I do and agree, but I dont think is was his lone motive. The ball spotted on the 4inch line 1st and goal isnt much less that a TD.

ROFL You're cracking me up, dude...

Mecca
09-27-2005, 12:59 PM
I hate it when my team gets whipped by 30... hell I was at that game in Arrowhead last year and it sucked. But, what are they supposed to do? Would you support the NFL putting in an "Ass Beating Clause" that states the game is called in the 4th quarter if one team is up on another team by more than 24 points with 6 mintues left?

You got guys playing for contracts and trying to make a name for themselves. Denver got blown out at Arrowhead last year and that was THEIR fault. KC was nailed to the wall last night, Shanahan was going for the throat and continuing to put up points... if the Chiefs don't like it, do something about it - stop them.

College teams face this all the time... I didn't exactly like watching UCLA roll Arkansas 70 to not much a few weeks ago, but what should they have done? Called the game at halftime for non-competitiveness?

I don't personally give a shit about the challenge that's fine by me. Hey if we can't stop them by all means do your thing. The only part I thought was a bit much was a trick play in the 4th quarter when the game was basically over. No one does that out of respect for the other coach unless you're well Steve Spurrier.

vailpass
09-27-2005, 01:01 PM
:BS:

That was done to preserve the defense stand and the touchdown shut out, I would do it as a coach and I hope Vermil would so the same. The Defense played hard they deserved that challenge by Shanahan.

Exactly. In addition, there are tie-breakers based on margin of victory/total points scored. It is possible that KC and Denver may be tied at the end of the season therefore it is logical to attempt to manage that factor to the best advantage possible.

Nothing personal, no reason to have hurt feelings, just business.

C-Mac
09-27-2005, 01:19 PM
ROFL You're cracking me up, dude...

This all has zero to do with the butt whooping, it has to do with character. It is odd that the boys in the booth had similar thoughts, but I will leave it at this:
IF Shanahan's reasons for throwing the flag had anything to do with the fact that it was Kennison who had scored, then he is truly is a weasel. Given the circumstances and position on the field, I just have a feeling it did.

Mecca
09-27-2005, 01:21 PM
This all has zero to do with the butt whooping, it has to do with character. It is odd that the boys in the booth had similar thoughts, but I will leave it at this:
IF Shanahan's reasons for throwing the flag had anything to do with the fact that it was Kennison who had scored, then he is truly is a weasel. Given the circumstances and position on the field, I just have a feeling it did.

Shanahan thinks that was payback....... He thinks we ran it up on them last year. If you went and told him that he'd tell you "what goes around comes around".

Mile High Mania
09-27-2005, 01:26 PM

Again.. it could have been ANY player, the flag would have been thrown. It was so obviously not a TD and when that is the case, you challenge it.

Dayze
09-27-2005, 01:30 PM
as much as I hate Shanahan, I don't hold it against him. IMO if coaches/teams start laying up while holding leads, you then have to start the argument "at what point do we begin laying up". 20 pts? 30 pts? etc.

PLay for 60:00

Born_Bronco
09-27-2005, 01:30 PM
You all crack me up (well some of you). I seriously cannot believe that you would complain about Shanahan challenging that call. Any head coach in the NFL would've done the same thing. You never GIVE the other team points...plain and simple. There is absolutely no guarantee that a touchdown would've been scored, even if it is inside the 1.

Hats off to some posters though, you give credit where credit is due and don't bitch and moan about bad calls, unethical play calling, etc. Fact is the Broncos outplayed the Chiefs in this one. I'm hoping for the same results come week 13.

Yes I'm a newbie, but I'm not coming on here today to bash the Chiefs and their fans...just want to add another opinion.

Mecca
09-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Hats off to some posters though, you give credit where credit is due and don't bitch and moan about bad calls, unethical play calling, etc. Fact is the Broncos outplayed the Chiefs in this one. I'm hoping for the same results come week 13.

Yes I'm a newbie, but I'm not coming on here today to bash the Chiefs and their fans...just want to add another opinion.

You have about the same chance of winning in Week 13 as we had last night.

Mile High Mania
09-27-2005, 02:15 PM
You have about the same chance of winning in Week 13 as we had last night.

It's really rare (aside from KC @ Oak) that the road team wins in AFCW divisional games.

Taco John
09-27-2005, 03:09 PM

For having just watched your team have their asses handed to them, you sure have a lot of faith in the Chiefs ability to score.

All I have to say is that I'm proud of the Chiefs fans in this thread who "get" the rivalry and don't just expect Shanahan to accept a touchdown because we're going to win anyway. This is the NFL, and anything can happen. If it were the other way around and Dick graciously gave us a touchdown we didn't earn, not only would I think he was stupid, but also the biggest pussy in the NFL.

You don't give away touchdowns... Especially to Eddie Kennison taunting fans in the endzone during one of the worst divisional beatdowns in franchise history.

Iowanian
09-27-2005, 03:14 PM
I never have like Shanahan...still don't. Today, I hope he is fighting a roid the size of a soft ball, from over-celebrating.

He was trying to break it off in Kennison...obviously. He dropped the ball..it was a good call, for an Ignorant, sister kissing Donkey.

PS....taco....I'd like to take this moment to remind you that a horde of festering douchebags is drowning out the good posters on your board.

All of that said....I hope the Chiefs Players and coaches remember that this December, and when winning by eleventy hundred.....with 5 minutes left....Keep passing the ball and run that score up to Eleventy-hundred and 8....thats right....go for 2 to drive it home. I can only hope that some angry, motivated, embarrassed Chiefs pull up the Donk's dresses and give them a dirty sanchez on national TV in December.

Taco John
09-27-2005, 03:16 PM
I never have like Shanahan...still don't. Today, I hope he is fighting a roid the size of a soft ball, from over-celebrating.

He was trying to break it off in Kennison...obviously. He dropped the ball..it was a good call, for an Ignorant, sister kissing Donkey.

PS....taco....I'd like to take this moment to remind you that a horde of festering douchebags is drowning out the good posters on your board.

Do you honestly think this board doesn't suffer this same problem?

Or any successful NFL discussion board.

Iowanian
09-27-2005, 03:17 PM
We've got our share of douchebags...but Not as bad. They're also called to the carpet when they're being douchbags to people who really don't probably deserve it. Some Chief fans did, some didn't.

If a bunch of doodas came out of the woodwork, after a win...they'd be called out here.

|Zach|
09-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Do you honestly think this board doesn't suffer this same problem?

Or any successful NFL discussion board.
I think this board does a much better job of discouraging the 24chambaily's and jetmecks of Chiefs Planet.

Taco John
09-27-2005, 03:20 PM
I think this board does a much better job of discouraging the 24chambaily's and jetmecks of Chiefs Planet.

I doubt you'd think so if you were posting from my account. I think you're seeing things through a Red and Gold prism.

|Zach|
09-27-2005, 03:25 PM
I doubt you'd think so if you were posting from my account. I think you're seeing things through a Red and Gold prism.
I am not saying we do not have our share of jackasses. But here...in general...when all you do is spew useless stuff without any takes you are told to shut the hell up.

Whereas if you make one Mullet joke you are the king of the world on OM.

I like the OM a lot there are a ton of great posters here. I think there are the same number of great posters and jackasses. How those two groups interact is much much different IMO.

Eleazar
09-27-2005, 03:57 PM
More douches at the mane... more whiners here. It's trading one for the other.

dtebbe
09-27-2005, 03:57 PM
I lost all respect for him when he let Al Davis beat him out of money. That's weak.

DT