PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs vs. Eagles discussion thread...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-26-2005, 10:46 PM
You know the drill...Favorable matchups, not-so-favorable matchups, predictions, etc?

How do you like our O vs. their D, and vice versa?

Keys to the game, and overall thoughts?

Is McNabb playing? How do we contain T.O. and stop Westbrook, etc?

Discuss away...

Dunit35
09-26-2005, 10:49 PM
we should be playing with a lot of intensity...ummm..I like our chances against McNabb...but not so sure about Owens right now..
Roaf im hoping is back..unless they want him to stay out so he can get 2 more weeks worth of rest...overall bring em on..

Chiefs Pantalones
09-26-2005, 10:51 PM
I like our chances this week. I think we bounce back and win, go in to the bye week at 3-1. LOL, Teicher had us at 1-3.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-26-2005, 10:52 PM
I think Roaf will play this week. We're going to need him. If you think Denver blitzed us a lot this game, just wait until next week vs. the Eagles. I think we'll do a better job, though.

Den9899
09-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Lots of NFC big dogs have gone into Arrowhead and come out losers over the years. The 49ers 10-12 years ago is one that immediately comes to mind. I'd take the Chiefs in this game after tonight's wake up call.

TO vs. Surtain will be worth the price of admission alone!

Simplex3
09-26-2005, 10:55 PM
It could go either way. TO could shred us all day opening up everything else. Or we could come out and punch them in the mouth. Just depends on how this team is reacting to being punked like a Brownie Troop right now.

siberian khatru
09-26-2005, 10:58 PM
We're gonna have our hands full. The Eagles don't really run the ball, they pass, pass, pass. Westbrook catching passes out of the backfield scares me as much as TO. L.J. Smith has become a very good TE.

We HAVE to get pressure on McNabb, especially with him banged up. If he has time to throw, he's gonna hang 400 yards on us and 30 points.

We need our offense to be at full strength.

PHOG
09-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Lots of NFC big dogs have gone into Arrowhead and come out losers over the years. The 49ers 10-12 years ago is one that immediately comes to mind. I'd take the Chiefs in this game after tonight's wake up call.

TO vs. Surtain will be worth the price of admission alone!

Not to mention the lambs a while back,Atlanta last year, and if Gun would only leave Surtain on Owens instead of this RCB, LCB BS.......(sigh)

Demonpenz
09-26-2005, 11:13 PM
i am scared that brian dawkins is going to murder someone. The guy basicly is another linebacker that can cover. Westbrook and owens will both get Td's of course. The chiefs offense better score 21 or more thats for sure.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Thoughts?

Lets be done with the Broncos game, nothing we can do about it.

:)

FloridaMan88
09-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Looks like FOX's #1 announcing team, Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are calling the game Sunday.

That means they'll spent 85% of the time gushing over TO/McNabb

boredfan
09-27-2005, 12:24 PM
New here, but agree, pressure must be placed on McNabb. Getting that groin hurting a little more, then pounce him in the chest. I can remember when the chiefs defense would not let up on a guy that was banged up, and that is what we need to do to have a chance this weekend.

SunMo
09-27-2005, 12:29 PM
as an Eagles fan, this game worries me simply because it's tough to play in KC, even though they did win the last time they were there.

i know TO is the huge superstar name, but if the Chiefs can't find a solution to covering Westbrook, it's going to be tough for Chiefs to stop the Eagles consistenly enough to win, IMO. you can't cover Westbrook with a LB, it's a mis-match every time that Westbrook will win, same thing for most safeties. you could play a corner on him, but then you are taking a corner away from a wideout and the Eagles play a lot of 3 wideouts.

as far as the Eagles D verses Chiefs O, it all comes down to stopping the run. Atlanta ran all over them in week 1, without Trotter, and you see what happened. Trotter has played the last 2 games and teams haven't been able to run, especially Jordan last week, they stopped him cold. If the Chiefs can run successfully, it's going to be tough for the Eagles to win. If they can consistently force Green into 3 and 7+ situations, it's going to be good for the Eagles, especially if Roaf cannot play.

Mecca
09-27-2005, 12:48 PM
If Roaf doesn't, play Trent will get sacked about 8 times. Jordan Black trying to block Jevon Kearse added with the Philly blitz scheme, need I say more.

SunMo
09-27-2005, 12:50 PM
actually, there is some concern around here regarding Kearse, he appears to have lost a step and has not recorded a sack since around last Thanksgiving

Mecca
09-27-2005, 01:14 PM
actually, there is some concern around here regarding Kearse, he appears to have lost a step and has not recorded a sack since around last Thanksgiving

You could get a sack against Jordan Black, so Kearse will look all world again.

SunMo
09-27-2005, 01:15 PM
You could get a sack against Jordan Black, so Kearse will look all world again.

is Roaf definitely not playing?

Mecca
09-27-2005, 01:18 PM
At this point, I don't know if he's playing or not. I'll simply say if he doesn't play we won't win this game. Trent just better be ready to hit the ground to avoid getting hurt.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2005, 01:22 PM
If Roaf doesn't play, then Jim Johnson will blitz the hell out of Trent's blindside.

The key to the game is containing Westbrook. It's not stopping TO.

I just hope that Gun blitzes the hell out of McNabb. I'm sick of this 4 man rush garbage that he pulled the last 2 weeks.

SunMo
09-27-2005, 01:44 PM
especially since, right now anyway, McNabb isn't a threat to run because of his abdominal strain. the way to beat the Eagles is what the Falcons did, try to run the ball on offense and blitz the hell out of the offense and hope that McNabb can't get the ball off to TO or Westbrook

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Eagles: McNabb update
Head coach Andy Reid updated the status of his starting QB on Monday. "Donovan McNabb had a couple of things I didn’t tell you about yesterday," said Reid. "I found out this morning he has a shin contusion and his chest was hurting him quite a bit after the hit that (Raider DT Warren) Sapp hit him on the back. His chest was quite sore and it’s that way today as well. The lower abdomen is also sore. It’s no worse than what it was, but he does have some soreness."

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Our D needs to be more aggressive.

The reason we weren't more aggressive last night is because we didn't have the chance to be. We were so off-balance on defense. I think if we stay consistent with what WE do best, which is be aggressive, and not let the offense dictate us instead we dictate them, we'll be fine. I don't know why we let that play get away from us after the first two games.

Run the ball, stop the run, get pressure on McSoup by whatever means necessary and we'll win.

tk13
09-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Yeah, we're gonna get the daylights blitzed out of us. We would've anyway because it's Philly, but after watching last night's performance they have to be licking their chops. Our pass protection has to get better, that's my biggest concern at the moment.

McNabb is so banged up that we have to get to him and put him on his back. The Eagles seem to be the opposite of most good offenses in that they can run the ball only 15 times and still win. With all this soft zone stuff we've been playing we've left RB's open underneath, Westbrook will eat that up, we have to watch him in the passing game. I have a lot of respect for Philly's coaching staff, their coordinators are very smart, Gun and Al have to do better or they're gonna look like idiots again.

ArrowheadHawk
09-27-2005, 02:06 PM
i think everything will iron itself out come sunday

DJay23
09-27-2005, 03:31 PM
X's and O's aside, if we don't come out with the intention of re-asserting our manhood after that embarrassment last night, we will get toasted AGAIN, on NATIONAL TV, AT HOME.

blsilks
09-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Eagles are going to smoke us for a couple of reasons.

A. We wont be able to stop Terrell Ownes.
B. Our offense won't be able to do a thing against their defense.
C. We wont be able to stop Terrell Ownes.

Our only hope is that McNabb gives us the game.