PDA

View Full Version : The "Official" Chill, it's gonna be okay thread

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 06:43 AM
So we got our ass handed to us last night. We couldn't have looked worse. Every phase of the game was played poorly. We were out coached on both sides of the ball. But it was still just one game.

I remember last year when we put a first class ass whipping on Atlanta. How did that turn out. We finished with a losing record and they made it to the NFC Championship game.

I think most of us in the pre season saw our schedule and decided that we would be happy with a 2-2 start. Get to the bye week and get back Warfield and the steriod abuser. Now you can add Roaf to that list.

We will beat the Eagles this Sunday and will be 3-1 going to the bye week. We will then have the team back to full strength to start kicking some serious tail on Miami and Washington.

I still see us going 11-5. So, cheer up.

DenverChief
09-27-2005, 06:44 AM
What he said

Otter
09-27-2005, 07:04 AM
Still upset by two things:

1. Sammy Parker looked absolutly lost and but looked like he thought it was actually funny.

2. Every arm chair coach in the world who knows anything about the KC vs. Den match up knew the bootleg was coming and they still couldn't stop it. STILL!!!!

I'll be over it by lunch today but it's still frustrating.

KCTitus
09-27-2005, 07:05 AM
The Sun'll come out, tomorrow
bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
There'll be sun...

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 07:06 AM
I'm all pissed off. I think I'll go take a nap.

htismaqe
09-27-2005, 07:12 AM
Excellent post, man.

That's about how I feel this morning. We have a chance to be 3-1 and I was one of the one's thinking we'd be lucky to be 2-2.

Cormac
09-27-2005, 07:12 AM
Still upset by two things:

1. Sammy Parker looked absolutly lost and but looked like he thought it was actually funny.

2. Every arm chair coach in the world who knows anything about the KC vs. Den match up knew the bootleg was coming and they still couldn't stop it. STILL!!!!

I'll be over it by lunch today but it's still frustrating.

I agree with #1. Parker needs an ass-kicking. Why is Boerigter inactive? I really think he can add something with his size and speed.

#2 - the bootleg only really worked after the Chiefs had been gashed by running plays between the tackles. It was a classic and effective gameplan by the horseheads. By the time the misdirection plays were effective, the game was waaay out of hand.

Other concerns:
This was the game the offense looked old. Shields was very average :eek:. Trent Green threw like Chad Pennington (what the hell is wrong with him)? Gonzalez was a complete non-factor. Only Kennison looked good on offense. He looked quick and effective. Also, where was DJ all game. I am used to seeing him around the ball on every single tackle. He was invisible last night. Mitchell had some good plays and Bell was so-so. And, finally, our coverage downfield was pretty much non-existent. We seem content to let every pass be a completion and then tackle. This is what started when Gun was HC. I never thought he'd resort to that with Surtain and Knight.

The best moment of the game: Wesley's tackle on Anderson. That was sweeet :thumb:

KcMizzou
09-27-2005, 07:14 AM
We have a chance to be 3-1 and I was one of the one's thinking we'd be lucky to be 2-2. Yep, same here.

Nice post, BRC.

StcChief
09-27-2005, 07:18 AM
We looked bad everywhere. But it was in Dungver at PileHigh.

We will be fine. as BRC said look at Atl game.

This was our bad game this year.

Hope Chump is out for a while and they get beat.

I will still settle for 2-2 going into bye week.

teedubya
09-27-2005, 07:22 AM
Boerichter should be on the field, if anything, for special teams. Im sick of the ST penalties, this is ludicrous. It will drain Dante of his drive to make a play, as every long runback has been called back this year, right?

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 07:23 AM
I will still settle for 2-2 going into bye week.

I think with a less mobile version of McNabb and a new kicker and a chance to prove to a national TV audience that they are not that bad will get us the win. No blowout. T.O. is gonna light up McCleon but we get the win and go 3-1 into the bye week.

Red Dawg
09-27-2005, 07:24 AM
I will not feel better unless we beat Philly. It would also be nice for the Jags to kick the crap out of DEnver.

the Talking Can
09-27-2005, 07:27 AM
I already feel better after a nights sleep.

A few years ago this would have ruined my entire week.

That's progress, I guess.

jynni
09-27-2005, 07:34 AM
I'm still thinking "thank god it's week 3 and not week 14 like in '03.

I was only able to watch about three minutes of the third quarter last night so this abomination is much easier to block out.

It's so odd that Randy Moss and the Raiduhs games are usually decided by one score while donkeys games are a blowout eitherway.

chagrin
09-27-2005, 07:38 AM
Fine, maybe so - but that was a total embarassment, AGAIN in Monday Night Football in Denver!
Look, when a team runs that many friggin bootlegs against the Defense, and are successful every time, there are problems that need to be fixed, period.

Cormac
09-27-2005, 07:39 AM

No. It just means you're getting used to it.

:p

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 07:42 AM
Fine, maybe so - but that was a total embarassment, AGAIN in Monday Night Football in Denver!
Look, when a team runs that many friggin bootlegs against the Defense, and are successful every time, there are problems that need to be fixed, period.

Hey this is a positive thread. We got our ass handed to us on national TV. But its still just one game and we are still tied for the AFC West lead and we get a chance for some revenge in December.

htismaqe
09-27-2005, 07:43 AM
Boerichter should be on the field, if anything, for special teams. Im sick of the ST penalties, this is ludicrous. It will drain Dante of his drive to make a play, as every long runback has been called back this year, right?

Just about every one...

Saulbadguy
09-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Excellent post, man.

That's about how I feel this morning. We have a chance to be 3-1 and I was one of the one's thinking we'd be lucky to be 2-2.
Thats what most people thought around here too. "2-2 would be great". We are going to go 3-1 after we throttle Philly at Arrowhead, and Denver is going to lose @Jacksonville.

Then we get the bye week to hopefully get some injured players back, and we get Warfield and Welbourne back. That will be HUGE.

htismaqe
09-27-2005, 07:52 AM
Hey this is a positive thread. We got our ass handed to us on national TV. But its still just one game and we are still tied for the AFC West lead and we get a chance for some revenge in December.

That's it in a nutshell. It's the light at the end of the tunnel. We play Denver at Arrowhead in December.

Since 1989, we're 3-6 against Denver in the month of September. ALL SIX of the losses came AT Mile High.

Conversely, in the same time span, we're 6-3 vs. Denver in the month of December, and 6-2 at Arrowhead.

the Talking Can
09-27-2005, 08:24 AM
No. It just means you're getting used to it.

:p

yeah, that's my fear....

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Thats what most people thought around here too. "2-2 would be great". We are going to go 3-1 after we throttle Philly at Arrowhead, and Denver is going to lose @Jacksonville.

Then we get the bye week to hopefully get some injured players back, and we get Warfield and Welbourne back. That will be HUGE.

Hang in the Chief fans. There is a light at the end of this temp tunnel. 5-1 just around the corner. :clap:

Eleazar
09-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Big deal. We never win there. Now our ceiling for the season is 15 wins.

ct
09-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Still 2-1, with a road victory in the division. Most of us here thought 2-2 leading up to the BYE week would be a good start, with Denver and Philly being the losses. And we've still got a shot to beat that.

That was a pathetic game we played last night, the Broncos kicked our ass up and down the field. But we are ok, no need to panic.

alpha_omega
09-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the positive thread...I feel better already!

Warrior5
09-27-2005, 09:01 AM
I will not feel better unless we beat Philly. It would also be nice for the Jags to kick the crap out of DEnver.

Same here.

TEX
09-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Still 2-1, with a road victory in the division. Most of us here thought 2-2 leading up to the BYE week would be a good start, with Denver and Philly being the losses. And we've still got a shot to beat that.

That was a pathetic game we played last night, the Broncos kicked our ass up and down the field. But we are ok, no need to panic.

Yep. However, we need to take note and try and fix weaknesses that were exposed.

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 09:23 AM
From xen over at the coalition:

in 2 of their 3 superbowl years, the pats have experienced blowout losses.

2001 - 30-10 loss to miami - at the time the pats had lost 3 of the first 4 games, rebounded, started playing well, lost a couple more later in the season, but went on to win the superbowl.

2003 - 31-0 loss to buffalo - literally got their asses handed to them. regrouped, took care of business - went on to win the superbowl.

atlanta last year looked like a pee wee team at arrowhead - lost 56-10 - regrouped and blew out denver the next week - went on to play in the NFC championship game.

philadelphia got their asses handed to them in pittsburg last year (2004) - lost 27-3. regrouped, took care of business - went to the superbowl.

in 2003 - philadelphia opened the season with back to back losses - looked horrible in losing to the bucs 17-0 and the pats 31-10. regrouped, went on the the nfc championship game.

in 2002 - philly got spanked 35-13 at home versus the colts - promptly went on a 6 game winning streak. went on to the nfc championship game.

in 2003 - carolina got blown up at home by the titans - 37-13 - went 3-4 in their next 7 games but got hot at the end and went to the superbowl.

in 2002 - oakland lost 4 straight in the middle of the season - regrouped - went on to superbowl - ok, bad example.

in 1999 - tennessee got spanked TWICE - 17-0 by the dolphins, and 41-14 by the ravens - went on to the superbowl, which they only lost by a yard.

93 superbowl bills got spanked by the steelers (23-0) and the chiefs (23-7) during the regular season.

92 superbowl bills got killed by the raiders (20-3), dolphins (37-10), and oilers (27-3) during the regular season.

91 superbowl bills got slaughtered by the chiefs 33-6 after starting the season 5-0.

90 superbowl bills lost to the dolphins 30-7
92 cowboys got killed by the eagles 31-7 - went on to win superbowl.

96 superbowl champion packers lost to the cowgirls 21-6.
the colts are a good team, yet have lost to the patriots in the playoffs by counts of 20-3 and 24-14. lost to the jets 41-0 in 2002.

the 1966 CHIEFS, who played in the first superbowl, one of the best chiefs' teams of all time, got spanked 34-13, at HOME versus the raiders. regrouped, went on to play the packers in that historic game.
the 95 steelers went to the superbowl after suffering a blowout loss in the regular season to the vikings, 44-24 (it wasn't that close).

the 94 superbowl chargers got spanked late in the season by the 49ers, 38-15.

hell, the 79 steelers, in what would be the last of their 4 1970's superbowl seasons, got blown out twice; 34-10 by the bengals, and 35-7 by the chargers.

in 2003, the colts lost to the bronco's 31-17 before spanking them 2 weeks later in the playoffs, 41-10 (and yes, i know the colts were resting players in the loss; same as resting willie roaf, welbourne, fox, warfield, etc...)

even the dynasty years of the 49ers wasn't immune from getting the old "who's your daddy".

the 1994 superbowl champion niners got blown out 40-8 by the eagles in week 5 of the regular season.

the 88 49ers, in bill walsh's last year, won the superbowl after being killed twice in the regular season, 34-17 by the falcons, and 38-16 by the rams.

THE MORAL OF THIS STORY??? don't lay an egg when it counts. the 2000 new york giants went 12-4 in the regular season and had NO blowout losses. the were saving that for the ravens in the superbowl, where they lost 34-7.

so what should you make of this? yes, the chiefs have some problems, every team does, but they'll work them out. they'll scheme to make up for deficiencies, guys will play better, and hopefully, won't have any more days like that.

no matter how bad they looked, it's just one loss. get over it, go on, and GO CHIEFS!!!

tomahawk kid
09-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Cue up the Bob Marley music:

"Every little ting.....gonna be alright."

ct
09-27-2005, 09:27 AM
"Rise up this mornin, smile with the rising sun..."

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 10:42 AM
"Rise up this mornin, smile with the rising sun..."

Whats that from?

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 10:50 AM
More good news? San Diego is going to NE and Denver to Jacksonville where they will both get beat. We beat Philly and sit atop the AFC West in less than 5 days.

Fishpicker
09-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Whats that from?

3 little birds - Bob Marley

I think we can beat Philly if we just slow down Westbrook. A good showing at home is all I need to forget about last night.

Warrior5
09-27-2005, 11:41 AM
2003 New England Patriots Game-by-game results

at Buffalo Bills L 0-31
at Philadelphia Eagles W 31-10
New York Jets W 23-16
at Washington Redskins L 17-20
Tennessee Titans W 38-30
New York Giants W 17- 6
at Miami Dolphins W 19-13
Cleveland Browns W 9- 3
Denver Broncos W 30-26
Dallas Cowboys W 12- 0
Houston Texans W 23-20
Indianapolis Colts W 38-34
Miami Dolphins W 12- 0
Jacksonville Jaguars W 27-13
New York Jets W 21-16
Buffalo Bills W 31- 0
Postseason
AFC Divisional Playoff: won 17 - 14 vs. Tennessee Titans
AFC Championship Game: won 24 - 14 vs. Indianapolis Colts
Super Bowl: won 32 - 29 vs. Carolina Panthers

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 11:59 AM
2003 New England Patriots Game-by-game results

at Buffalo Bills L 0-31
at Philadelphia Eagles W 31-10
New York Jets W 23-16
at Washington Redskins L 17-20
Tennessee Titans W 38-30
New York Giants W 17- 6
at Miami Dolphins W 19-13
Cleveland Browns W 9- 3
Denver Broncos W 30-26
Dallas Cowboys W 12- 0
Houston Texans W 23-20
Indianapolis Colts W 38-34
Miami Dolphins W 12- 0
Jacksonville Jaguars W 27-13
New York Jets W 21-16
Buffalo Bills W 31- 0
Postseason
AFC Divisional Playoff: won 17 - 14 vs. Tennessee Titans
AFC Championship Game: won 24 - 14 vs. Indianapolis Colts
Super Bowl: won 32 - 29 vs. Carolina Panthers

A bunch more examples in post #28

Wrasse
09-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Excellent thread, Big Red.

:clap:

Mecca
09-27-2005, 12:06 PM
We will beat the Eagles this Sunday and will be 3-1 going to the bye week. We will then have the team back to full strength to start kicking some serious tail on Miami and Washington.

I still see us going 11-5. So, cheer up.

Need I point out that Miami is better than we all expected and we generally screw the pooch when we visit Florida. Take a look at last year for an example, we lost a game to a very poor Tampa team. I wouldn't go chalking that up as a win.

The Chiefs always look like hell when they go to Florida just like Denver does.

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Need I point out that Miami is better than we all expected and we generally screw the pooch when we visit Florida. Take a look at last year for an example, we lost a game to a very poor Tampa team. I wouldn't go chalking that up as a win.

The Chiefs always look like hell when they go to Florida just like Denver does.

Yeah we could point out that Cincy is better than expected also. But so what? If we really have Super Bowl aspirations we must win those games. The one last night was not a must win. We still can make it to the main goal this year. That was the point of this thread. Hope is still alive.

MichaelH
09-27-2005, 12:15 PM

That's how I feel too. After I saw about 2 series last night, I knew it was over and really didn't get too pissed about it. I guess I'm numb to the Chiefs fouling up on national TV in Denver. :shake:

BigRedChief
09-27-2005, 01:37 PM
That's how I feel too. After I saw about 2 series last night, I knew it was over and really didn't get too pissed about it. I guess I'm numb to the Chiefs fouling up on national TV in Denver. :shake:

I think I've mellowed too. Maybe we are all numb to our teams misadventures?

Nzoner
09-27-2005, 01:48 PM
A Pats fan just called in on 610 with a great take.Couldn't believe all the whining going on with KC fans,said as hard as it is to admit KC has a very improved defense and a great team that just hit a speed bump.Said that any team can get lucky and have a good night and that the Broncos are not a very good team.

Just thought I'd share that as it's refreshing to see the fan of a team like the Pats can see what alot of us cannot.

My take,we just played two back-to-back division rivals on the road and came out 1-1.That in itself is a reason to be motivated and say fock the Broncos,KC will pay them back when the time comes and now it's time to focus on Philly.