PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy MADNESS!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-27-2005, 08:12 AM
That's it. I'm changing my team name to The Floaters... because just like every time I've ever played this damn game I draft good if not great players who then suddenly turn to complete turds.

Peyton Manning... sets the td record last year... but now that I have him he hasn't thrown a td pass in two ****ing weeks. Meanwhile my back-up QB Ben Roethlisberger is among the league leaders. Until I start him at least.

Larry Johnson... had scored multiple td's in six straight games dating back to last season. I needed 3 ****ing points from him last night in order to win this week. How many does he get?.......... -1..... minus ****ing 1. Can't even run for 30 ****ing yards... NO........ can't score just one td......HELL NO. I went into the game trailing by 2 with LJ playing in the game.... I lost by 3.

I even dropped my no talent back-up TE Erron Kinney in favor of the undrafted TE that had the most points among all undrafted TE's so far.... Steve Heiden. My old TE puts up 9 points. My new "good" one zero.

It's only three games and I give up. Maybe I'll start all of my back-ups next week.

KCTitus
09-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Preach on, brother...I hear ya. It was a bad fantasy week for me and I left a ton of points on the bench this week.

chagrin
09-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Heiden had one good game and he was 3rd string until that point, you shouldn't have counted on him.

Other than that I am with you all the way, I have Peyton on one of my teams and I went 2-5 again this week!
Fug, Shat, Poop!

Sam
09-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Yep, bad news for me there too. My backups (6 players) beat my starters (8 players). What is up with Kerry Collins having better numbers than Peyton anyway?

Eleazar
09-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Do you guys really think Manning is going to suck all year?

As far as your backups having more points than your starters... sounds like the problem is whomever is making out the lineup...

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Heiden had one good game and he was 3rd string until that point, you shouldn't have counted on him.

I know... I didn't really count on him to have a big game, just hoped for something. Which is more than Erron Kinney or Todd Heap had given me to that point. All Kinney needed was for me to drop him.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-27-2005, 08:30 AM

As far as your backups having more points than your starters... sounds like the problem is whomever is making out the lineup...
A. No I don't think Manning will suck all year... just as long as I keep starting him.

B. Who would you start at QB last weekend? Manning vs. the Browns or Roethlisberger vs. the Patriots? Would you bench Larry Johnson in favor of T.J. Duckett?... Torry Holt in favor of Laverneous Coles?... Philly D/ST in favor of Minnesota D/ST? Huh?..... Huh?.... HUH??????

:spock:

Sam
09-27-2005, 08:34 AM

I don't know about all year for Manning, it's more like what have you done for me lately.

Okay, you make out the line-up. Manning or Brees?
Manning 7 points
Brees 19 points, hell even Dilfer got 8 points.
Would you have benched Manning?

How about Kennison nearly outscoring both Harrison and Bruce combined?

And Troupe, whoever he is, bettering Gonzo.

My RB's are a problem though, and my fault, especially with my 1st starter on a bye.

chagrin
09-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Sam, Beer Me, good points both of you. It's just been a wacky year so far. Jamal Lewis has done nothing for me, Corey Dillon stunk until Sunday, Peyton, Reggiw Wayne, Marvin Harrison, etc. They only constant I have had is Kerry Collins and Rian Lindell, and he stunk it up in week 2 also.

Eleazar
09-27-2005, 08:41 AM
I don't know about all year for Manning, it's more like what have you done for me lately.

Okay, you make out the line-up. Manning or Brees?
Manning 7 points
Brees 19 points, hell even Dilfer got 8 points.
Would you have benched Manning?

How about Kennison nearly outscoring both Harrison and Bruce combined?

And Troupe, whoever he is, bettering Gonzo.

My RB's are a problem though, and my fault, especially with my 1st starter on a bye.

No, I wouldn't have started Brees, but only because Manning had the Browns. The Giants can't stop anybody. Manning is about the only guy I would have started over him.

I dont like QB's and WR's on the same team because if they don't hook up at least once your team is in trouble. Bruce is decent but he'll go 3 or 4 weeks at a stretch without a score, I've owned him before. You can look up a player's game logs by googling their name.

Ben Troupe is a goalline target in an offense without a good goalline halfback. He's going to score some points.

Eleazar
09-27-2005, 08:44 AM
Sam, Beer Me, good points both of you. It's just been a wacky year so far. Jamal Lewis has done nothing for me, Corey Dillon stunk until Sunday, Peyton, Reggiw Wayne, Marvin Harrison, etc. They only constant I have had is Kerry Collins and Rian Lindell, and he stunk it up in week 2 also.

Dillon has 4 TD's in 3 games. At that rate he's going to score 22 touchdowns this year - is that not good enough for your team? And he didn't stink until this week, he had an identical performance in week 1.

He's underachieving and still getting 100 yards and a score or two. He's fine for now.

Hoover
09-27-2005, 08:48 AM
That's it. I'm changing my team name to The Floaters... because just like every time I've ever played this damn game I draft good if not great players who then suddenly turn to complete turds.

Peyton Manning... sets the td record last year... but now that I have him he hasn't thrown a td pass in two ****ing weeks. Meanwhile my back-up QB Ben Roethlisberger is among the league leaders. Until I start him at least.

Larry Johnson... had scored multiple td's in six straight games dating back to last season. I needed 3 ****ing points from him last night in order to win this week. How many does he get?.......... -1..... minus ****ing 1. Can't even run for 30 ****ing yards... NO........ can't score just one td......HELL NO. I went into the game trailing by 2 with LJ playing in the game.... I lost by 3.

I even dropped my no talent back-up TE Erron Kinney in favor of the undrafted TE that had the most points among all undrafted TE's so far.... Steve Heiden. My old TE puts up 9 points. My new "good" one zero.

It's only three games and I give up. Maybe I'll start all of my back-ups next week.
First off you are effin stupid for playing LJ. The guy gets 10 carries if lucky, you can't count on that in Fantasy.

Unless you have Tony G or Gates you should never bitch about TE production its a crap shoot.

ChiefsCountry
09-27-2005, 08:49 AM
I hear ya, beer me. First, Green has sucked for me. I have Andre Johnson and Dom Davis and we all know how Houston's O has played. Then Bruce got hurt on Sunday.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-27-2005, 08:53 AM
First off you are effin stupid for playing LJ. The guy gets 10 carries if lucky, you can't count on that in Fantasy.

Unless you have Tony G or Gates you should never bitch about TE production its a crap shoot.
**** off. LJ scored multiple td's in 6 straight games, then one. His fantasy production has been great until last night.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-27-2005, 08:55 AM
I hear ya, beer me. First, Green has sucked for me. I have Andre Johnson and Dom Davis and we all know how Houston's O has played. Then Bruce got hurt on Sunday.
I'm feelin ya brotha.

Hoover
09-27-2005, 08:56 AM
**** off. LJ scored multiple td's in 6 straight games, then one. His fantasy production has been great until last night.
Dud you are the one bitching. Don't talk to me about his last 6 games, what 3 are those are as a starter last season. I have LJ in 3 leagues, do you know how many times I've started him? Not once because I don't know how many times he will ge the ball. I'll Start Fred Taylor or LJ every week until LJ is names the starter or Taylor goes down.

chagrin
09-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Dillon has 4 TD's in 3 games. At that rate he's going to score 22 touchdowns this year - is that not good enough for your team? And he didn't stink until this week, he had an identical performance in week 1.

He's underachieving and still getting 100 yards and a score or two. He's fine for now.

He hasn't gained 100 yards yet, but FFL is all about TD's, so your point is taken.
I am not trying to get into a whole thing here Cochise, I should have clarified what he didn't do for me. Week 2 - 36 yards and 0 TD's that combined with Jamal, Peyton, Reggie and the others (I have 7 teams and cannot remember all of them right now) really messed me up.

That's all I'm saying; and nobody knew he would have done that against Pitt.

rageeumr
09-27-2005, 08:59 AM
I am feeling the pain as well. I needed 13 out of Trent to win in one league (Got it on the trash TD at the end), and 3 out of Tony in my other league. 3!!! 3 effing points. He got 29 Rec. Yards. I am livid. I lost by a yard.

Dartgod
09-27-2005, 09:00 AM
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I am 3-0 in my Planet league and 2-1 in my money league, with the top scoring team. :D

Sam
09-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Dud you are the one bitching. Don't talk to me about his last 6 games, what 3 are those are as a starter last season. I have LJ in 3 leagues, do you know how many times I've started him? Not once because I don't know how many times he will ge the ball. I'll Start Fred Taylor or LJ every week until LJ is names the starter or Taylor goes down.

Haha, I have Priest and LJ in my other league. I started them both the first 2 weeks and it worked out great for me. I sat LJ this week in favor of S. Davis. It was the right move but didn't pay all that much greater of a dividend.

Sam
09-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I am 3-0 in my Planet league and 2-1 in my money league, with the top scoring team. :D

Which Planet league? What's your team name?

Eleazar
09-27-2005, 09:06 AM
He hasn't gained 100 yards yet, but FFL is all about TD's, so your point is taken.
I am not trying to get into a whole thing here Cochise, I should have clarified what he didn't do for me. Week 2 - 36 yards and 0 TD's that combined with Jamal, Peyton, Reggie and the others (I have 7 teams and cannot remember all of them right now) really messed me up.

That's all I'm saying; and nobody knew he would have done that against Pitt.

He's still getting 100 total yards, and he's played Carolina and Pittsburgh already so one would expect production to be down a bit. 2 of 3 games against top 5 defenses. He's getting 15-20 points in my format and half the teams in the league would like to have someone like that.

Multiplied out over the year that's 1600 total yards and 22 TD's he is on pace for right now. In my league that would be over 300 points for the season. That will suit me just fine.

Dartgod
09-27-2005, 09:35 AM
I dunno, 1 or 2 I think? :shrug:

Team name is Dart-Faced Psychos :D

Demonpenz
09-27-2005, 10:02 AM
i started rothesburger over peyton just because the corners playing for the browns have given peyton some trouble over the years

David.
09-27-2005, 10:22 AM
ugh, I scored 83 points in my league this week.

and lost by 1 :(

I was 20 points over the third highest scorer.

LT's performance wasted :(

Delano
09-27-2005, 10:30 AM
3-0 so far this year with a commanding 30 pt lead over the second place guy in my ten-team money league.

bkkcoh
09-27-2005, 10:35 AM
i won this week with 48 points. Squeaked by this week..

wutamess
09-27-2005, 11:08 AM

Surely not the league I'm the only 3-0 planeteer in.

Don't hate them damn wutamesses.