PDA

View Full Version : Positive Customer Service Thread

Chief Henry
09-27-2005, 08:49 AM
I would like to start a thread for positive customer service experiances.
We all have them but we don't share them enough IMO. We hear about the negative episodes in customer service all too frequently so I beleave its time we share our POSITIVE customer service stories. I'll start:

Last Thursday September 22 I had just finished two days of meetings
in DSM, Iowa. Long meetings from about 7:45 am to 8pm each night.
On my way back home to lower Iowa I was going to call my wife to let her know when I'd be home. Low and behole my cell phone battery was dead. I decide to pull into the Lovilla, Ia Caseys store to use they're pay phone. While I'm digging for change the clerk behind the counter nodded with a smile. It was a friendly smile that lead you to beleave that she didn't mind small talk. I told her that my cell phone battery had died and I was going to call my wife in _______ to tell
her when I 'd be home. This nice store clerk made a friendly gesture
and she offere'd me her cell phone !!! WOW I thought, talk about customer service. This lady just let a stranger use her cell phone
at 9:15 at night.

I sent an email to Caseys in Ankeny, Iowa to let them know about this positve experiance. :)

Any other Positive customer service stories out there in Chiefs land?

wutamess
09-27-2005, 09:00 AM
dumass... she now has your fon # and you'll be stalked forever.

DTV has good customer service.

My recent good customer service experience came last week. I had bought 2 small trees (the kind that stand 2-3 feet high and have the alberta spruce like ball), back in April. Being that I'm horrible with receipts, I threw it away and recently one of the $80 tree's had died. I called the nursery on Raytown Road and Bannister and explained my situation to the manager/owner of the store. He said bring it in and he'll replace it.

He now has a customer for life.

Chief Henry
09-27-2005, 10:37 AM
dumass... she now has your fon # and you'll be stalked forever.

DTV has good customer service.

My recent good customer service experience came last week. I had bought 2 small trees (the kind that stand 2-3 feet high and have the alberta spruce like ball), back in April. Being that I'm horrible with receipts, I threw it away and recently one of the $80 tree's had died. I called the nursery on Raytown Road and Bannister and explained my situation to the manager/owner of the store. He said bring it in and he'll replace it.

He now has a customer for life.

I'm not to worried about her stalking me. But I do like your story on the owner of the nursery replacing your tree. Thats a great story to me.

I hope to hear more good stories like this. Keep them coming.

NewChief
09-27-2005, 10:44 AM
This company isn't in business anymore, or at least they've changed the type of tents they make, but here's mine:

Back in 1992 I invested about $300 in a quality 4-season backpacking tent called a Quest Preying Mantis. It was a great tent.

The first incident involved a critter of some type chewing through the vestibule of the tent to get at something..not sure what because our food wasn't in the tent. I wrote the company, sent the tent back, and they replaced the entire rainfly for free.

The second incident involved a beach in Greece that I was camping on. I had pitched the tent and strolled down to the beach to hang out and frolic with the Europeans in the surf. I returned to where my "tent" should have been to find a naked German dude holding onto its remains. I'd not done a good job of securing the tent in the sand and it had blown away and blown through a barbed wire fence. The naked dude had chased and retrieved it for me. Anyway, the tent was ruined at that point. Worked out okay, though, because some nice German girl took pity on me and let me stay in her pension with her for the next couple of nights. ;)

Anyway, both times the company replaced the tent at no cost to me. I've still got it, but I hope that it never gets trashed again as I don't think they make that model anymore to replace.

Dartgod
09-27-2005, 10:50 AM
I returned to where my "tent" should have been to find a naked German dude holding onto its remains.
This thread is worthless without......er, nevermind.

NewChief
09-27-2005, 10:54 AM
This thread is worthless without......er, nevermind.

Err. yeah. Trust me on this one. European nude beaches are way overrated. The thing you quickly discover about nude beaches is that the people that actually choose to go nude probably shouldn't. The ones that you wish would go nude don't.

Chief Henry
09-27-2005, 11:12 AM
This company isn't in business anymore, or at least they've changed the type of tents they make, but here's mine:

Back in 1992 I invested about $300 in a quality 4-season backpacking tent called a Quest Preying Mantis. It was a great tent.

The first incident involved a critter of some type chewing through the vestibule of the tent to get at something..not sure what because our food wasn't in the tent. I wrote the company, sent the tent back, and they replaced the entire rainfly for free.

The second incident involved a beach in Greece that I was camping on. I had pitched the tent and strolled down to the beach to hang out and frolic with the Europeans in the surf. I returned to where my "tent" should have been to find a naked German dude holding onto its remains. I'd not done a good job of securing the tent in the sand and it had blown away and blown through a barbed wire fence. The naked dude had chased and retrieved it for me. Anyway, the tent was ruined at that point. Worked out okay, though, because some nice German girl took pity on me and let me stay in her pension with her for the next couple of nights. ;)

Anyway, both times the company replaced the tent at no cost to me. I've still got it, but I hope that it never gets trashed again as I don't think they make that model anymore to replace.

Makes you wonder why they went out of business. I wonder how many other tents they replaced do to no fault of they're own ? It was good for you though.

NewChief
09-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Makes you wonder why they went out of business. I wonder how many other tents they replaced do to no fault of they're own ? It was good for you though.

Those kind of warranties are a large reason for so much markup in the outdoor retail world. Vasque boots used to have an unconditional warranty as well. Fly rods are the same way. Companies have to charge $600 for a rod because they have a lifetime, no questions asked warranty on them. This is the reason that many companies are moving away from such warranties and starting to charge some sort of fee for rod repair or replacement.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Directv has geat customer service. They even place techs on football message boards to answer your questions for free.

Chief Henry
09-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Directv has geat customer service. They even place techs on football message boards to answer your questions for free.

Now they just need to place bookies on message boards and we'll be set. :D

Chief Henry
09-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Yes I'm bumping this up. I would like to hear about more good customer service stories...

Saulbadguy
09-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Most "great customer service" stories I hear are started with a "They are out of business now, but..."