PDA

View Full Version : OK Folks, the REAL story about last night was........

chiefqueen
09-27-2005, 11:38 AM
IMO Shanahan exposed our offense BIG Time. He gave the other 30 teams a blueprint on how to stop our offense. Yes, I know Welbourne and Roaf were out but if they've played IMO the offense would not be any more productive. Remember, the Denver D-line was consistently beating Pro-Bowlers Waters & Shields. It was so bad DV told them to hold to protect Green.

I like most of you hope this game is like our victories over Atlanta last year or Buffalo in 1991, however, I'm afraid it may not be a "blip" but the beginning of the end for our high-powered offense.

Cormac
09-27-2005, 11:41 AM
We've looked like crap in individual games early in the last 2-3 seasons too, and this has been brought up. I'm not worried about everybody stopping our O from now on. Denver had the players, got the timely turnover and then made the most it. Our O will bounce back, that is, of course, as long as Roaf gets back healthy, and the line stays together. What concerns me now is Philly's zone blitz scheme. Even without Simon, their D-line would be expected to be better than Denver's.

htismaqe
09-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Denver has shut us down before. We've struggled to score points in the past.

Nothing has been exposed. We got out-played is all. That happens in the NFL.

BigChiefFan
09-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Shit happens, we played lousy they didn't. We'll be back.

Chief Henry
09-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Denver did not respect our receivers deep. They were not afraid of our receivers going deep and it showed. I too am very concerned after being
that exposed.

Wrasse
09-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Denver has shut us down before. We've struggled to score points in the past.

Nothing has been exposed. We got out-played is all. That happens in the NFL.
NO...we run a very simple offense that doesn't adjust and our weakness has been brought to the forefront.

We are doomed. :P

Mecca
09-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Denver did not respect our receivers deep. They were not afraid of our receivers going deep and it showed. I too am very concerned after being
that exposed.

Why would you respect the Chiefs WR's deep? The only one who can generally get deep, Samie Parker, can't catch a cold.

BigMeatballDave
09-27-2005, 11:48 AM
You can expose and make a 'blueprint' for stopping someone, that is not a big deal. You have to have talent to execute it. We are not that bad, and Denver, though I don't want to sound like I am making excuses, is not that good...

Cormac
09-27-2005, 11:55 AM
You can expose and make a 'blueprint' for stopping someone, that is not a big deal. You have to have talent to execute it. We are not that bad, and Denver, though I don't want to sound like I am making excuses, is not that good...

Speaking of "blueprint"....it seems like whenever Jaworski makes a brave stance against all the other gobshites on the pre-game show, the Chiefs follow up with a clunker :hmmm:

Hoover
09-27-2005, 11:56 AM
So is the Blue Print something like "Pray to God Willie Roaf is Hurt?"

Rick
09-27-2005, 11:57 AM
IMO Shanahan exposed our offense BIG Time. He gave the other 30 teams a blueprint on how to stop our offense. Yes, I know Welbourne and Roaf were out but if they've played IMO the offense would not be any more productive. Remember, the Denver D-line was consistently beating Pro-Bowlers Waters & Shields. It was so bad DV told them to hold to protect Green.

I like most of you hope this game is like our victories over Atlanta last year or Buffalo in 1991, however, I'm afraid it may not be a "blip" but the beginning of the end for our high-powered offense.

I think you're exactly right. Our receivers scare noone. Get up on the line of scrimmage and bang the crap out of Tony G. repeatedly and send everyone. Green doesn't really find the open receiver as much as the offensive call itself producing an open receiver.

TEX
09-27-2005, 12:00 PM
A banged up O-line, with people playing out of position, is pretty easy to "expose." This one was coming as it was the 2nd road game in a row, at a division rival's place, during prime time. Our offense hasn't been the same since the 2nd drive of week 1. It doesn't take a "Genius" to figure out why. :hmmm:

On Defense, it doesn't take a "Genius" to figure out that the CHIEFS, improvements withstanding, are WEAK up the middle, weaker yet without Sims. It was obvious from the start that we couldn't stop the run and I'm sure the Donx saw how we were bailed out by a holding call on Jordon's romp the week before. Seems our ability to give up the "big run" has reared it's ugly head once again. :hmmm: So, WTF not "test" it for themselves? Because we couldn't stop simple runs, the bootleg was even more effective. Hardly genius, it was rather effective game planning.

Give the Donx credit for the vistory ( I just HATE it when a team wins and the other team and their fans play the "We beat ourselves card.") and MOVE ON!

In any case, I'll gladly take 2-1 (having played 2 division ROAD games and winning 1). The only other team in our division that has played 2 road games is Oakland, and they're 0-3. We're fine record-wise at this point.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-27-2005, 12:01 PM
being up 17 points early changes things

Hoover
09-27-2005, 12:01 PM
So is the Blue Print something like "Pray to God Willie Roaf is Hurt?"
I agree 110% :D

Mr. Rat Fink
09-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Speaking of "blueprint"....it seems like whenever Jaworski makes a brave stance against all the other gobshites on the pre-game show, the Chiefs follow up with a clunker :hmmm:

Yep. I too blame Jaws. Its easier that way.

siberian khatru
09-27-2005, 12:19 PM
We scored 16 points at Jax last year. The next two weeks, we scored 101 points.

Mecca
09-27-2005, 12:23 PM
I think you're exactly right. Our receivers scare noone. Get up on the line of scrimmage and bang the crap out of Tony G. repeatedly and send everyone. Green doesn't really find the open receiver as much as the offensive call itself producing an open receiver.

We've had that problem for 5 years, so couldn't you say the "blueprint" has been there forever? This team has needed better WR's for a long time and it hasn't affected our offensive output.

This is just a general overreaction, our run game wasn't there due to injuries. When Roafs out, T-Rich and Dunn are playing far less than 100%. It's hard to say the offense was exposed 3 of our key components were either not in or not themselves.

FloridaMan88
09-27-2005, 12:31 PM
I think it is pretty common knowledge that the way to defend Trent Green is to get pressure on him and force him to move out of the pocket where he isn't the same in terms of accuracy, etc.

Also the Chiefs have had problems with pass protection against Denver for the past few years (with the exception of the blowout game in KC last December).

Roaf back will obviously help and also I'd like to see more of those short passes to Priest that have been so effective in the past but for some reason they have vanished from the Chiefs offense. It is a good safety valve play if Trent doesn't have the time to look downfield and needs to get rid of the ball quickly.

Skip Towne
09-27-2005, 12:33 PM
I agree 110% :D
I disagree with both of you. You are a couple of dumbasses.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2005, 01:43 PM
being up 17 points early changes things

A lot of people don't seem to understand that very important and easily over-looked fact.....

thumper118
09-27-2005, 01:59 PM
I was at the game last night. We had way to many flags against us. Trent had no time to get good down field reads. Our D gave up to many big plays due to commiting inside to stop the run and then being burnt by bootlegs and reverses. We just could not get anything going on offense, the defense was on the field too much and the end result is we got spanked. Lastly I hate Denver and all of thier fans.

|Zach|
09-27-2005, 03:12 PM
This bluesprint thing is not real.

We were dominated at the line of scrimmage. Its just execution.