PDA

View Full Version : Everyone is pissed about losing, why are we "whining" about who to fire/cut?

Area 51
09-27-2005, 12:40 PM
This team is by far better than we have had in the past. Denver just had a better game plan. Vermiel is a good coach, he will address the problems.

All of these threads simply give fodder for that asshat Whitless to write more "disgruntled fan" columns.

It's ok to be pissed off and/or disillusioned but let's get over it!!!

Mr. Rat Fink
09-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Easiest way to remedy this situation? Big win at Philly. Until then...

Mr. Rat Fink
09-27-2005, 12:46 PM
woops, i mean against philly.

Area 51
09-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Easiest way to remedy this situation? Big win at Philly. Until then...

No doubt. If we finish 12-4 and in the playoffs there will still be those calling for the firing of CP DV and others. It's just the nature of the NFL fan. Look around at other boards and you see the same thing to varying degrees.

My initial take was this was just a bunch of whiney people that couldn't handle losses. It turns out that there are fans just like these all across the country. Win and it's ok maybe, lose and hang the SOB in charge!!

Simplex3
09-27-2005, 03:35 PM
The NFL is a victim of their own success here. It is so popular and so expensive that people become heavily invested in "their" team.

jidar
09-27-2005, 03:36 PM
That's exactly right. Every team has all types of fans. That's why you would expect a sports writer to know better and not bash the fan base as a whole.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Because that's what we do here, ROFL

Area 51
09-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Because that's what we do here, ROFL

But it's not just here, it's everywhere an NFL franchise lives and breathes.

ChiefsFanatik88
09-27-2005, 04:31 PM
This team is by far better than we have had in the past. Denver just had a better game plan. Vermiel is a good coach, he will address the problems.

All of these threads simply give fodder for that asshat Whitless to write more "disgruntled fan" columns.

While i am not overreacting to last nights game, Here is my response to the above post:

This team is not any better than last year.
Trent Green is struggling just getting the ball to skip to a receiver
The Receivers that he does get the ball to, they drop it.
The play calling for this game was absolutely ridiculous.
The Offense couldn't contain the defensive line at all.
The O-line couldn't protect Trent, let alone open holes for the running backs.

Defensively
The defense still don't know how to stop the Qb from rolling out.
The defense couldn't tackle.
The defense is still the weakest link in the NFL, hands down.
None of the Defensive line stuck to their side of the line. No wonder Jared Allen lost his starting spot. He was a liability last night big time.

Special Teams
Could not block for Dante worth a shit
Too many penalties on kickoffs/punts.

Might be a long season, Chief fans
I still have faith, but it is not as strong as it was before last nights game

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
09-27-2005, 04:33 PM
That's exactly right. Every team has all types of fans. That's why you would expect a sports writer to know better and not bash the fan base as a whole.
I agree wholely.
People who defend bad journalism do a massive disservice to the rest of the sports writers community, and only encourage more junk to end up in print.
JW is a poor excuse for a journalist and needs to sleep in the bed he so readily makes time and time again.
I implore those who defend him to cut off the head so the body can die.

oaklandhater
09-27-2005, 04:40 PM
. Vermiel is a good coach, he will address the problems.

Vermiel addressing a problem on the team ROFL

tommykat
09-27-2005, 04:46 PM
I agree wholely.
People who defend bad journalism do a massive disservice to the rest of the sports writers community, and only encourage more junk to end up in print.
JW is a poor excuse for a journalist and needs to sleep in the bed he so readily makes time and time again.
I implore those who defend him to cut off the head so the body can die.

Just gave you rep.....your avatar is FAULKING funny!!ROFL

4th and Long
09-27-2005, 04:55 PM
People are still whining about last night?
http://www.ferrisbueller.net/gfx/Pictures/Ferris_bueller2.jpg
It's over. Go home already.

Go.

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
09-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Just gave you rep.....your avatar is FAULKING funny!!ROFL
Thanks.

mounged
09-27-2005, 05:36 PM
This team isnt better then the 13-3 season we had so what makes you think we will do anything this year?We still havnt got rid of the slow and dumb people on defense the cavemen,Hicks,Browning,Mitchel,NO BRAINS,NO SPEED,No one to get to the quarter back.No one that keeps an eye on the football.I see a 8-8 this year if we are lucky.Then we have nothing to look forward to next year.Its the same old Chiefs every year.

Calcountry
09-27-2005, 06:39 PM
That's exactly right. Every team has all types of fans. That's why you would expect a sports writer to know better and not bash the fan base as a whole.Certain people have gotten awfully fat off of the Chiefs and their fans.

Area 51
09-28-2005, 07:59 AM
While i am not overreacting to last nights game, Here is my response to the above post:

This team is not any better than last year.
Trent Green is struggling just getting the ball to skip to a receiver
The Receivers that he does get the ball to, they drop it.
The play calling for this game was absolutely ridiculous.
The Offense couldn't contain the defensive line at all.
The O-line couldn't protect Trent, let alone open holes for the running backs.

Defensively
The defense still don't know how to stop the Qb from rolling out.
The defense couldn't tackle.
The defense is still the weakest link in the NFL, hands down.
None of the Defensive line stuck to their side of the line. No wonder Jared Allen lost his starting spot. He was a liability last night big time.

Special Teams
Could not block for Dante worth a shit
Too many penalties on kickoffs/punts.

Might be a long season, Chief fans
I still have faith, but it is not as strong as it was before last nights game

Your head is so far up your ass that you probably can see your tonsils!!

ChiefsFanatik88
09-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Your head is so far up your ass that you probably can see your tonsils!!

Perhaps you should take off your blinders.

The only reason they won against the jets, is because of the fumbles {true a win is a win, take it anyway you can get it}

The only reason the chiefs won against the faiders is because of the referee's. They blew a few calls on both sides. {again a win is a win}

What do you not understand about this team?
The defense is still in the bottom of the stats. Still giving up alot of long yardage plays both rushing and passing.
No pressure on Collins or Plummer.

Area 51
09-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Perhaps you should take off your blinders.

The only reason they won against the jets, is because of the fumbles {true a win is a win, take it anyway you can get it}

The only reason the chiefs won against the faiders is because of the referee's. They blew a few calls on both sides. {again a win is a win}

What do you not understand about this team?
The defense is still in the bottom of the stats. Still giving up alot of long yardage plays both rushing and passing.
No pressure on Collins or Plummer.

Against the Jets the Chiefs caused (CAUSED) most of the fumbles.

Against the Raiders the defense held at the end of the game when the game was on the line.

I may be an eternal optimist but your take is one I'd expect from a liberal arguing on the DC fourm.

Against Denver the Chiefs were not ready for the game. Besides DV had a mind set that he couldn't win in Denver and it became a self fulfilling prophecy.

What I understand is that this team is better than the team we had last year. This team has not hit on all 8 cylinders yet, but when they do there might be some heads turned.

I see the glass as half full, you apparently see it as fully empty.

Rausch
09-28-2005, 09:12 AM
For like 6 years in a row in the 90's we kicked the cat $#it out of the eventual super bowl winner that year. Any time the Niners came to KC they left walking funny. Green Bay got violated in Arrowhead the year they went all the way.

Didn't help us in the playoffs and didn't stop them from getting a ring.

Rausch
09-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Vermiel addressing a problem on the team ROFL

If he only had the prblem solving skills of a guy like Marty he'd have a super bowl ring...

ChiefsFanatik88
09-28-2005, 10:31 AM
I see the glass as half full, you apparently see it as fully empty.

I don't see this team as done. I don't understand were you might have seen that in my posts. I think this team still has a ways to go to be a legitimate contender for the post season. Getting spanked like they did against Denver caused me to not be as positive about the team getting to the playoffs.
I expect them to be able to compete with the opponents and not get blown out of any game.
When they only score 10 points against denvers 30, that shows the offense isn't as powerful as last year. The defense couldn't stop Denver most of the game either.

So far, Kc is not as strong as they were last year.

Mr. Krab
09-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Vermiel is a good coach, he will address the problems
Why should we think this? He hasn't been able to address our defensive problems during his 4 previous seasons.

picasso
09-28-2005, 11:14 AM
I don't see this team as done. I don't understand were you might have seen that in my posts. I think this team still has a ways to go to be a legitimate contender for the post season. Getting spanked like they did against Denver caused me to not be as positive about the team getting to the playoffs.
I expect them to be able to compete with the opponents and not get blown out of any game.
When they only score 10 points against denvers 30, that shows the offense isn't as powerful as last year. The defense couldn't stop Denver most of the game either.

KC was coming from behind or had to keep up last year and the year before that and so on. I agree the urgency isn't there offensively as before, Monday they were tested and they failed. Doesn't ever help when you fumble a ball in your own redzone when the game is 10 - 0.
I don't agree the KC isn't as strong. I thought they contained the run on defense pretty good. They got beat on a reverse and the DT went the wrong direction and opened a hole for the long run in the first. That was it for Denvers rushing game. Pass coverage I thought KC played zone to much and it kicked our ass. That game was as much a loss because of coaching as it was the players.

CupidStunt
09-28-2005, 11:36 AM
I've never heard anything as stupid as the 2004 Chiefs are better than this years team.

Completely dumb.

htismaqe
09-28-2005, 11:42 AM

ROFL

This has got to be the most assinine thing I've read yet.

Frankie
09-28-2005, 11:46 AM

I must be in the twilight zone. I just finished jumping all over your ass in the DC thread and the first thing in the lounge that I find is your very intelligent post here. Goes to show one can be of no political smarts but be very sports-smart. There's hope for you yet as I see that you are, after all, capable of intelligent thinking. ;) Rep.

Area 51
09-28-2005, 11:50 AM
I must be in the twilight zone. I just finished jumping all over your ass in the DC thread and the first thing in the lounge that I find is your very intelligent post here. Goes to show one can be of no political smarts but be very sports-smart. There's hope for you yet as I see that you are, after all, capable of intelligent thinking. ;) Rep.

We don't agree politically, probably never will. Your views seem to be very one-sided and stupid to me. Your biggest mistake of all time is letting politics be crossed over to the football side.

And just for your edification. I don't know jack about football, I'm just a fan.

philfree
09-28-2005, 11:54 AM
Are the donks a contender? They got spanked by Miami.....How bout the Rams? Are they a contender in the NFC? They got spanked by the 9ers....Didn't the Patriots get totally spanked by Miami in Miami last year?

It's just silly :) Losing to the donks hurts more then other games emotionally because of the history and the rivalry but people are making to much of one loss at the hardest venue we will ever play at. If we get spanked that bad by the Eagles in Arrowhead then maybe we can start to draw some conclusions about the 2005 Chiefs.

PhilFree:arrow:

Area 51
09-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Are the donks a contender? They got spanked by Miami.....How bout the Rams? Are they a contender in the NFC? They got spanked by the 9ers....Didn't the Patriots get totally spanked by Miami in Miami last year?

It's just silly :) Losing to the donks hurts more then other games emotionally because of the history and the rivalry but people are making to much of one loss at the hardest venue we will ever play at. If we get spanked that bad by the Eagles in Arrowhead then maybe we can start to draw some conclusions about the 2005 Chiefs.

PhilFree:arrow:

If you read some of the replies you and I have our head in the sand. I should have consulted you before I made the post. I could have included some of what you wrote as backup!!