PDA

View Full Version : It's not the score it's the effort.

dswhited
09-27-2005, 01:32 PM
I think everyone agrees that in this day and age no NFL team is going to post a perfect regular season record on their way to a Super Bowl. The Steelers lost a true heart breaker to their nemisis on Sunday, but at least they acted like they cared. The thing that really scares me is the comment by Champ Baily while "wired up" on the side line. He said, "man, there not even the same team...it's like they are moveing at half speed or somethin...". Of course he was not complaining, it was a good opportunity to kick a rival while they are down. It is the lack of character to at least fight back instead of just bending over and saying "thank you". This team accepted defeat WAY too early. It kills me to say it, but that is the missing link between the the Patriots and all of the "also rans".

King_Chief_Fan
09-27-2005, 01:53 PM
I think everyone agrees that in this day and age no NFL team is going to post a perfect regular season record on their way to a Super Bowl. The Steelers lost a true heart breaker to their nemisis on Sunday, but at least they acted like they cared. The thing that really scares me is the comment by Champ Baily while "wired up" on the side line. He said, "man, there not even the same team...it's like they are moveing at half speed or somethin...". Of course he was not complaining, it was a good opportunity to kick a rival while they are down. It is the lack of character to at least fight back instead of just bending over and saying "thank you". This team accepted defeat WAY too early. It kills me to say it, but that is the missing link between the the Patriots and all of the "also rans".

thank goodness Richardson was not going full speed when he clocked Champ

dswhited
09-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Richardson is a hitter, but that was more a result of how Champ fell than the hit. Now the Rod Smith TKO was a big time full speed lick!