PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hoping Green would get pulled against Denver?

Chiefnj
09-28-2005, 08:54 AM
I was wondering if at any time during the Monday night game you wanted Green to get pulled out of fear of losing him to injury in a game that the team just wasn't giving 100%.

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-28-2005, 09:03 AM
I started thinking that about halfway through the 3rd quarter. I wanted DV to pull all the starters that he could, actually. It was very evident there would be no comeback win and it wasn't worth risking injury to the starters, IMO.

Taco John
09-28-2005, 09:38 AM
You guys would have been the laughingstocks of the league if you just gave up like that.

Rausch
09-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Putting in a Rusty Collins behind a banged up, playing like $#it offensive line = BRILLIANT!1!

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-28-2005, 09:47 AM
You guys would have been the laughingstocks of the league if you just gave up like that.

True. But I'd rather deal with that (and quite frankly after Monday's performance it would be rather well-deserved) than deal with losing Trent for the year after the game was well out of reach anyways.

jynni
09-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Was I hearing things or did DV say during a sideline interview that they would rather take the holding penalties than let Green get killed? Or perhaps something to that effect?

Chiefnj
09-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Was I hearing things or did DV say during a sideline interview that they would rather take the holding penalties than let Green get killed? Or perhaps something to that effect?

Yes. I believe DV told the OL to start holding rather than letting Green get hit repeatedly.

I'm with Yosef, the team didn't show any fire on either side of the ball. A comeback just wasn't in the cards.