PDA

View Full Version : Roaf is out. I say that's no excuse.

RealSNR
09-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Tough shit.

Look at 2001. Our offensive line was John Tait at LT, a young grasshopper Waters, Weigman after appendicitis, Shields, and Victor Riley. Trent looked like shit that year, but his starting receivers were Snoop Minnis and Chris f*cking Thomas. Meanwhile, Holmes led the league in rushing despite the offensive line in front of him being far from experienced in Solari's new system.

One weak link in Black is no excuse for poor offensive production. I expect us to do much better. And for God sakes, get the running game back in gear.

Dr. SNR recommends a healthy dose of Priest and some playaction passing here and there. Not to be mixed with cutesy run calls that get nothing but lost yards without a solid line.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Look at 2001. Our offensive line was John Tait at LT, a young grasshopper Waters, Weigman after appendicitis, Shields, and Victor Riley. Trent looked like shit that year, but his starting receivers were Snoop Minnis and Chris f*cking Thomas. Meanwhile, Holmes led the league in rushing despite the offensive line in front of him being far from experienced in Solari's new system..

Was Waters the LG in 2001? I know Donald Willis spent some time there that year.

Holmes of 2005 is not the Holmes of 2001, sadly. :(

RealSNR
09-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Was Waters the LG in 2001? I know Donald Willis spent some time there that year.

Holmes of 2005 is not the Holmes of 2001, sadly. :(IIRC, Waters played the first game as starting center and then was back up for Willis.

So yeah, you're right. But that only further supports my point.

Mecca
09-28-2005, 09:07 PM
John Tait was still a better LT by leaps and bounds than Jordan Black. Left Tackle is one of the most important positions on the offense. You could plug someone in at the other 4 spots for a few games and be fine but LT is the key one.

There are GM's in the league that think LT is more important than QB in importance to the the offense. When you lose your 1st or 2nd most important player it's going to really screw you.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2005, 09:07 PM
IIRC, Waters played the first game as starting center and then was back up for Willis.

Not really. We were 6-10 and had 24 interceptions that year. Did you have a point?

tommykat
09-28-2005, 09:09 PM
from here.......http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/09/28/injury_report__eagles/

still Q

Mecca
IIRC, Waters played the first game as starting center and then was back up for Willis.

I remember that, Weigman got hurt, Waters came in at Center and him and Trent fumbled about 3 exchanges in the game.

I don't think it really supports your point that much because John Tait was better at LT than what we got out there right now.........

RealSNR
Not really. We were 6-10 and had 24 interceptions that year. Did you have a point?My point was Holmes led the NFL in rushing with that line.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2005, 09:10 PM
My point was Holmes led the NFL in rushing with that line.

2001 Priest > 2005 Priest

John Tait > Jordan Black

Victor Riley > Kevin Sampson

Mecca
09-28-2005, 09:10 PM
We won 6 games........

nychief
09-28-2005, 09:15 PM
injuries are not an excuse. The talent is there. We are 1-1 with this line and I expect to be 2-1 on Monday. The whole team was a joke on MNF, this sky is falling crap about Roaf being out is stupid. Team over come injuries, the pats are going to win without Todd Light for a lot longer than Roaf is going to be out - they don't bitch.

PastorMikH
09-28-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm thinking that the ticket to a W sunday is to forget about Priest and LJ and run Parker on about 15 reverses.

jjjayb
09-28-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm thinking that the ticket to a W sunday is to forget about Priest and LJ and run Parker on about 15 reverses.

Would probably work great if he didn't drop 13 of the 15 handoffs. :banghead:

wolfpack0735
09-29-2005, 11:32 AM
monday night both sheilds and waters looked like $hit. how many times has that happened in the last two years. black $ucks at lt but thats all we have. the oline needs to suck it up, period. if you watch the pats and steelers game their new lt looked terrible but they still manage to move the ball and win.plain and simple our oline just needs to suck it up and stop with the whinning about roaf.

Shag
09-29-2005, 11:35 AM
As much as I'd like to see the run restored, I think it's going to be tough until the Chiefs show that they can pass the ball effectively. Philly is likely to stack the box against the run, double Gonzo, and bring blitzes - we need to get the passing game going to force them to back off. I think this calls for a lot of quick slants, screen passes, etc to start off the game, then start to pound it once they pull back a bit...