PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs-Eagles - Current Talent Comparison

Rain Man
09-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Here we go. Week 4.

QB - Green vs. a hurt McNabb. McNabb would normally win this, but he's really hurting and very immobile right now. He's still good, but he's not the normal McNabb. 6/4
HB - Holmes vs. Westbrook. Westbrook is the real deal, and is underrated. Both of our HBs were tentative last week, but the twin tailbacks of terror still win out. 6/4
FB - Richardson vs. Josh Parry. Parry is a second-year starter who's a big guy at 250. Richardson wins. 8/2
WR - Kennison vs. Owens. Kennison is more and more proving to me that he's a solid #1 receiver, but Owens is the best WR in the league by far, and should hold out since he's underpaid. 1/9
WR - Parker vs. Greg Lewis. Lewis is a solid #2/#3 receiver. Parker is not right now. 2/8
TE - Gonzalez vs. L.J. Smith. Smith is a journeyman, and will never be more. 10/0
LT - Black vs. Tra Thomas. Thomas is a 349-lb. nine-year starter. Black is lost right now. 1/9
LG - Waters vs. Artis Hicks. Hicks is huge at 335, and has played his way into a starting role from a backup position. Waters is an all-pro. 9/1
C - Wiegman vs. Hank Fraley. Fraley and Wiegman are twins. Wiegman is faster, Fraley is a little bigger. 6/4
RG - Shields vs. Shawn Andrews. Andrews is listed at 340, but the announcers last week said that he's actually playing at 380 to 385. Mammoth. Shields as the pedigree, but Andrews is supposedly a strong up and comer. 6/4.
RT - Bober vs. Jon Runyan. Cripes, the Eagles line is huge. Runyan goes at 330, and he's a real right tackle. Bober isn't. 0/10.
K - Tynes vs. some guy that the Eagles get out of the stands. Akers has an owie. 10/0
P - Colquitt vs. Dirk Johnson. Johnson is a veteran who averages 41.0 yards per punt. 8/2
KR/PR - Hall vs. Roderick Hood and Dexter Winn. Whatever. Dante wins. 9/1
FS - Wesley vs. Dawkins. Wesley will see what a real safety looks like. 2/8
SS - Knight vs. Michael Lewis. Twins, but Knight produces more turnovers. 6/4
CB - Surtain vs. Lito Shepard. Shepard is a solid, young veteran, but Surtain is a multiple all-pro. 7/3
CB - McCleon vs. Sheldon Brown. Brown is a hard-hitting young veteran, though McCleon may cover a little better. 3/7
OLB - Johnson vs. Keith Adams. Adams is a low-production player at the peak of his career. I'll take Johnson. 7/3
OLB - Bell vs. Dhani Jones. Hard to get a read on Jones. His production is up and down. So is Bell's. 5/5
MLB - Mitchell vs. Jeremiah Trotter. Trotter is listed at 262, and he's had a productive career. Mitchell is officially a MLB now, in my opinion, and has come a long way, but he's not as proven. 4/6
DE - Hicks vs. Jevon Kearse. Nothing to see here. Move along. 1/9
DE - Allen vs. N.D. Kalu. Kalu is not very big (265), and doesn't get that many sacks. Allen actually wins this one. 6/4
DT - Browning vs. Hollis Thomas. Thomas was a starter who lost his job (or was injured) for a few years, and is not starting again. Not overly impressive, but neither is Browning. 4/6
DT - Dalton vs. Darwin Walker. Walker is a horse who can pass rush. Advantage to the evolutionist. 3/7

Summary:

Offense: Chiefs 55, Eagles 55
Special Teams: 27, Eagles 3
Defense: Eagles 62, Chiefs 48

HolmeZz
09-29-2005, 11:18 AM
You underrated LJ Smith(though I think it's about 9/1) and Michael Lewis IMO.

Ebolapox
09-29-2005, 11:18 AM
well, having a huge talent advantage over dungver didn't exactly help us--so I'll take this one

-EB-

Deberg_1990
09-29-2005, 11:20 AM
The CHiefs are going to have a real nasty time trying to defend TO and Westbrook. Good luck Gunther.....

Wile_E_Coyote
09-29-2005, 11:29 AM
DT Darwin Walker is listed as doubtful with a thigh contusion, but coach Andy Reid said Walker wouldn't play vs. Kansas City. Rookie Mike Patterson will start in his place for the second straight week.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050929/SPORTS02/509290347/1002/NEWS

Rain Man
09-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Well, that's good news. Really good news.

Spicy McHaggis
09-29-2005, 01:18 PM
L.J. Smith isn't a journeyman. He was a 2nd round pick out of Rutgers by the Eagles a few years ago. He's no Tony and he never will be but he's not a bad young TE.

HolmeZz
09-29-2005, 01:24 PM
L.J. Smith isn't a journeyman. He was a 2nd round pick out of Rutgers by the Eagles a few years ago. He's no Tony and he never will be but he's not a bad young TE.

He was actually a 1st rounder. He's good, but clearly not in Tony's league. I would've went 9/1-8/2 on the TEs. And Michael Lewis is better than Sammy Knight.

Mr. Krab
09-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Denver vrs Philly

Offense
QB - Philly
WRs- Philly (starters and depth)
RB - Philly
TE - Philly
OL - Philly
offensive system - Denver
offensive coaching - Denver

Defense
defensive line - Denver
Linebackers - Denver
Safeties - Philly
Cornerbacks - Philly
defensive system - Philly
defensive coaching - Philly

Frankie
09-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Just adding up these numbers doesn't make sense. You have to assign a 1-10 factor of importance to each position and add the results. Example: QB probably gets a 10 factor. So your assessment there should be 60/40 Chiefs. Go back to your homework Rain man.

Frankie
09-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Just adding up these numbers doesn't make sense. You have to assign a 1-10 factor of importance to each position and add the results. Example: QB probably gets a 10 factor. So your assessment there should be 60/40 Chiefs. Go back to your homework Rain man.
Another example: I'd give LT a factor of 10 and RT 8. That murders our numbers in your comparison, but it would be more correct.

Hoover
09-29-2005, 01:40 PM
I say unleash the effin hounds

Shit, we are at Home
We are missing our #2 CB, Starting OT's
McNabb is hurt and can't run at 100%

I would Blitz all the effin time, there is no excuse. If we lose, whatever, lets wee what our new toys can do!

Straight, No Chaser
09-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Ok, nice ratings... Kearse hasn't made an impact yet and has actually been getting beat. Hicks was the only Chief's D player seen on Monday night. I think you underrated: (2/8)

---->

Rain Man
09-29-2005, 01:55 PM

Yeah, I agree, but then that would lead to all sorts of speculation about how to weight various positions. I figured I'd just keep it simple.

Skip Towne
09-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I agree, but then that would lead to all sorts of speculation about how to weight various positions. I figured I'd just keep it simple.
Keeping it simple is overrated.

Area 51
09-29-2005, 03:22 PM
What method did you use to assign scores?

Personal observation? Statistics?

Just curious. A system like that compiled on a per game basis with everyone in the league might make the people that make the point spreads cringe.

The only flaw is the "on any given Sunday" aspect.

eagles4evr
09-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Wow, a very nice comparison and nice comments from everyone else. I agree that LJ Smith and Michael Lewis are a little better and Kearse, Tra - good for a penalty or two - Thomas and Josh Parry a little worse.

Jim Johnson uses Kearse differently than the Titans did and he's really struggled to adjust. Sometimes he's on the right, sometimes he's on the left. He's also double teamed a lot but me thinks he should be able to get through some of that coverage. I do like Kearse but he just hasn't preformed as the Eagles expected he would.

Rain Man
09-29-2005, 04:43 PM
What method did you use to assign scores?

Personal observation? Statistics?

Just curious. A system like that compiled on a per game basis with everyone in the league might make the people that make the point spreads cringe.

The only flaw is the "on any given Sunday" aspect.

I guess.

Rain Man
09-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Wow, a very nice comparison and nice comments from everyone else. I agree that LJ Smith and Michael Lewis are a little better and Kearse, Tra - good for a penalty or two - Thomas and Josh Parry a little worse.

Jim Johnson uses Kearse differently than the Titans did and he's really struggled to adjust. Sometimes he's on the right, sometimes he's on the left. He's also double teamed a lot but me thinks he should be able to get through some of that coverage. I do like Kearse but he just hasn't preformed as the Eagles expected he would.

Cool. Thanks for the insights. McNabb is one of my favorite non-Chiefs, and it was painful to watch him on Sunday. Hopefully he'll heal...in a couple of weeks.