PDA

View Full Version : Brad Smith vs Vince Young

KChiefs1
09-30-2005, 07:37 AM
Mizzou gave UT a game last year in Austin...will they do the same this year? :hmmm:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/12777606.htm

SATURDAY’S MATCHUPS: No. 2 Texas at Missouri

■ WHEN/WHERE: 11 a.m. at Memorial Stadium in Columbia. Tickets are available at the Mizzou Arena box office or by calling (800) CAT-PAWS. A crowd between 55,000 and 60,000 is expected.

■ TV/RADIO: Channels 2, 9; KCSP (610 AM)

■ SERIES: Texas leads 14-5. Missouri played the Longhorns tough in Austin last season but fell 28-20.

■ FAVORITE: Texas by 14 1/2 .

THE KEY MATCHUP

Missouri’s defense vs. Texas’ running game

That is very much the question. Texas comes in ranked No. 2 nationally on the ground, averaging 297 yards. Missouri comes in 62nd nationally against the run, giving up 131 yards a game. Can the Tigers sell out to slow down the Longhorns’ stampede without giving up the store in the secondary?

THREE THINGS ABOUT TEXAS

■ Vince Young was a struggling quarterback heading into the MU game last season and was still struggling after it. But Young hasn’t struggled since, becoming a Heisman Trophy candidate.

■ Texas safety Michael Huff is a stepbrother of Missouri cornerback Marcus King.

■ Texas’ front five on offenses tip the scales at an average of 314 pounds per lineman. Missouri’s defensive front four averages 259 pounds.

MIKE DeARMOND’S PICK

Texas 45-21

A year ago a better defense gave Missouri a shot at pulling the upset in Austin. The Tigers were 14-point underdogs when they lost 28-20. MU is a 14 1/2 -point underdog this year. But not even playing the game in Columbia can overcome a defense that has clearly lost more than two defensive tackles that went on to play a little pro ball.

THE NUMBER: 3

That is the national ranking of MU’s running game (287.3 yards per game). If Brad Smith, Marcus Woods and Tony Temple can run on Texas, it keeps Vince Young and Jamaal Charles off the field.

THE WEATHER

Thunder and lightning are expected on the floor of Memorial Stadium. Come rain or shine, watching Young and Smith on the same field should make it a great college football Saturday.

A GOOD DAY?

If Missouri upsets Texas, it won’t be just a good day but a great one for the Tigers. You don’t conceive of it happening. But the Tigers came closer than anyone expected a year ago before bowing in Austin.

A BAD DAY?

Being realistic, only a blowout or a rash of injuries to key players could make this a bad day for Missouri. Nobody betting their own money anticipates Missouri to cover the spread, much less to win.

Saulbadguy
09-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Could be an upset, but I doubt it. Mizzou gave up 45 points to New Mexico at home. Hell, I think Mizzou playesr better on the road than they do at home anyways. I probably would too when all your fans boo the home team.

Bowser
09-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Could be an upset, but I doubt it. Mizzou gave up 45 points to New Mexico at home. Hell, I think Mizzou playesr better on the road than they do at home anyways. I probably would too when all your fans boo the home team.

I thought Mizzou played AT New Mexico?

Saulbadguy
09-30-2005, 08:33 AM
I thought Mizzou played AT New Mexico?
Nope. It was at Faurot.

crispystl
09-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Yep it was at home I was there what a shitty game.

David.
09-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Hope so, but I'm gonna be drunk by then, so I probably won't care if we lose :D

Bowser
09-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Hope so, but I'm gonna be drunk by then, so I probably won't care if we lose :D

Hopefully you won't wake up and find you Prince Albert-ed yourself in a drunken stupor.......

:D

ChiTown
09-30-2005, 08:52 AM
UT 42

MU 27

David.
09-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Hopefully you won't wake up and find you Prince Albert-ed yourself in a drunken stupor.......

:D

ROFL

ChiefsCountry
09-30-2005, 09:45 AM
MU always seems to play well at home against stud teams. They play close and some funky play comes in to play. It has happened too many times. I will be at the game so hopefully it will be good.