PDA

View Full Version : Given the injuries can the backups step up enough to insure Chiefs a playoff spot?

chiefsfan1963
09-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Moreover can this team go the distance?

Losing Fox, Sims, and Roaf has and will continue to hurt our chances.
If Roaf can come back after the bye healthy and play 100% throughout the remainder of the season, then we have a chance to make the playoffs. I am not sure how we will perform during the postseason even with a healthy Roaf. Perhaps having Warfield and Welbourn back after the bye will improve our chances, but losing Fox and Sims could keep our D in Top 5 worst D's in the league! IMO our D needs to improve to at least to a ranking of 20th overall for us to make some noise in the postseason.

Backups playing better than expected will determine how well Chiefs do in 2005!

whoman69
09-30-2005, 03:18 PM
I don't think our injuries are critical yet, but if Wellbourne were able to play, do you think that they could have put Shields at LT and put Wellbourne in at guard?

el borracho
09-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Fox had a limited role, anyway. We don't lose much going to Griffin. Roaf is difficult to replace but supposedly our Oline is our greatest strength. We ought to be ok without him and so far have been (realistically, Roaf would not have helped in the Denver game). Sims is the biggest loss of the three you mention. Our Dline is terrible.

TEX
09-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Losing Roaf and not having a set RT has KILLED the Chiefs on offense. Losing Sims has already hurt the defense. Thus far, the answer to your question about the backups stepping up is a reasounding, "NO."and when you add young players who were expected to perform, like Parker, the answer is still NO.

So, it could be that by the time the backups get things worked out - it could be too late. The deal is it sure seemed like our 2nd and 3rd teamers sure got their asses handed to them in preseason by everyone else's scrubs. - And now some are playing against starters. It doesn't look good at this point, but it's a long season.

Taco John
09-30-2005, 04:13 PM
You suck.

I just wanted to get ahead of the crowd here on that one before the feeding frenzy starts.

/been here long enough to know where this is going...

|Zach|
09-30-2005, 04:14 PM
You suck.

I just wanted to get ahead of the crowd here on that one before the feeding frenzy starts.
Usually it is warrented. But with this thread, I had nothing wrong.

He did it right this time.

ROFL

ArrowheadHawk
09-30-2005, 04:30 PM
lets not worry about going the distance, lets worry about the eagles

chiefsfan1963
09-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Do Chief's D have to be Top 20 to even make the playoffs?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Moreover can this team go the distance?

Losing Fox, Sims, and Roaf has and will continue to hurt our chances.
If Roaf can come back after the bye healthy and play 100% throughout the remainder of the season, then we have a chance to make the playoffs. I am not sure how we will perform during the postseason even with a healthy Roaf. Perhaps having Warfield and Welbourn back after the bye will improve our chances, but losing Fox and Sims could keep our D in Top 5 worst D's in the league! IMO our D needs to improve to at least to a ranking of 20th overall for us to make some noise in the postseason.

Backups playing better than expected will determine how well Chiefs do in 2005!

We'll see.

cdcox
09-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Usually it is warrented. But with this thread, I had nothing wrong.

He did it right this time.

ROFL

'63's threads range from decent to mildly annoying the first time he posts them. It's sometime during the next 6 times that he posts them that they lose their charm.

brent102fire
09-30-2005, 09:50 PM
I definately think the absence of Roaf is definately affecting the Chiefs Offense. Kearse is going to have a field day with Bober and Black. You think Trevor Pryce is good...wait 'til this Sunday :shake: I think most DE's and DL's are going to get good pressure on the Run game as well as Trent until Roaf comes back or until the two backups gain some experience and confidence in themselves. The loss of Ryan Sims is also hurting the Chiefs Defense. They have not had much pressure on any QB since the Jets game and the Donkey's ran at will. I think the Chiefs will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. That's just my opinion. :shrug:

tommykat
09-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Willie is a big factor.........However, it is only going on game 4~ Give it a FAULKING break already!:harumph:

Halfcan
09-30-2005, 10:49 PM
No!