PDA

View Full Version : Evalution of our rookies.........

chiefsfan1963
09-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Johnson and Colquitt are going to be great additions to our team. I'am curious about the following rookie players:

Grigsby, Long, Parquet, Svitek, Griffin

I would appreciate any takes on the short term and long term prospects that these rookies have for our team.

whoman69
09-30-2005, 03:18 PM
All are extremely long shots except Grigsby to have any influence at all outside of ST.

jspchief
09-30-2005, 03:29 PM
With Fox out, Griffin will get his shot.
Grigsby is playing STs, but not playing well.

Parquet and Svitek have yet to be active for a game, and Long has only dressed for the game Hall didn't dress for. I'd say all three of these guys will not dress except in injury situations, and even then won't see much playing time, if any.

kcirnamffoh
09-30-2005, 03:44 PM
I thought Colquitt had a really good game Monday night. I'm not sure how his average got so low at 37 something after that 52 yard kick but his knuckleball rotation that Dante and others have talked about came through again. If you remember there was a muffed punt that Denver was so freaking lucky to recover. The ball just rolled right into the only Bronco anywhere near the play. It just summed up for me what kind of night the Chiefs were having. That's 3 muffs in 3 games. There will be more. Grigsby and company better be ready to pounce on those.

Griffin was being compared to Johnson during camp. But being an UDFA its going to be tough for him to see any action at LB.

Apparently the other rookies are basically projects.

In my opinion the overall draft grade for the Chiefs is not that good but to be fair you really can't make an assumption about that sort of thing for at least a couple of seasons.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-30-2005, 03:55 PM
I thought Colquitt had a really good game Monday night. I'm not sure how his average got so low at 37 something after that 52 yard kick but his knuckleball rotation that Dante and others have talked about came through again. If you remember there was a muffed punt that Denver was so freaking lucky to recover. The ball just rolled right into the only Bronco anywhere near the play. It just summed up for me what kind of night the Chiefs were having. That's 3 muffs in 3 games. There will be more. Grigsby and company better be ready to pounce on those.

Griffin was being compared to Johnson during camp. But being an UDFA its going to be tough for him to see any action at LB.

Apparently the other rookies are basically projects.

In my opinion the overall draft grade for the Chiefs is not that good but to be fair you really can't make an assumption about that sort of thing for at least a couple of seasons.

I think he had a few punts on their side of the field

StcChief
09-30-2005, 04:10 PM
All are extremely long shots except Grigsby to have any influence at all outside of ST.

Yep. Boomer is the man now for ST.

Colquitt will workout.
DJ is already working out.

Others are projects.

ArrowheadHawk
09-30-2005, 04:33 PM
boomer and griffen will be hot shit

Rain Man
09-30-2005, 04:34 PM
If everyone gets tired of beating on the Roys about Scanlon, I'll be the next person to make a bold prediction. Svitek will eventually be our starting left tackle. (Not this season, but a couple of seasons down the line.)

I like Parquet, too.

chiefsfan1963
09-30-2005, 09:03 PM
Interesting takes. Thanks.

Deberg_1990
09-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Too bad our 2004 draft picks (Siavii and Wilson) arnt working out too well........

Halfcan
09-30-2005, 10:15 PM
Wilson will be a stud and All Pro. But it might be in Canada or Area league.

Dunit35
10-01-2005, 01:07 AM
DJ will be great, so will Colquitt.. Boomer possible, Thorpe possible, and the rest projects..Griffin has a chance too...

nascher
10-01-2005, 06:09 AM
Griffin saw some action against the Broncos ! He will see more in the next weeks with FOX out 6-10 weeks.

Mr. Krab
10-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Johnson and Colquitt are going to be great additions to our team. I'am curious about the following rookie players:

Grigsby, Long, Parquet, Svitek, Griffin

I would appreciate any takes on the short term and long term prospects that these rookies have for our team.
I've liked what i've seen from Khari Long he seems to have some natural ability. I bet he gets playing time next year.

Frankie
10-01-2005, 12:08 PM
If everyone gets tired of beating on the Roys about Scanlon, I'll be the next person to make a bold prediction. Svitek will eventually be our starting left tackle. (Not this season, but a couple of seasons down the line.)
Based on...?

Frankie
10-01-2005, 12:10 PM
We won't know much about them untill they go to Europe next off-season. That, in my prediction, includes Kilian.