PDA

View Full Version : People that should have...

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 08:25 AM
their toenails ripped out by rusty pliers....I'll start

Those who tip $2 on a $50 tab

Inmates who think that just because they are federal prisioners they are entitled to "good" food

your turn

KC Jones
10-01-2005, 08:41 AM
The Enron executives who ripped off their employees and stock holders so they could get richer quicker.

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 08:42 AM
The Enron executives who ripped off their employees and stock holders so they could get richer quicker.

agreed

wilas101
10-01-2005, 08:42 AM
anyone named Barry Bonds

and Raiders fans

crispystl
10-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Michael Jackson

Braincase
10-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Executives that look at the U.S. Treasury as a means to feather their own nests.

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Executives that look at the U.S. Treasury as a means to feather their own nests.:cuss:

Bwana
10-01-2005, 08:55 AM
PETA members.

nychief
10-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Inmates that tip $2 on a $50 tab and complain about the food.

Earthling
10-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Anyone who drives so much slower than the posted speed that they create a hazard, and or exceedingly long lines of traffic behind them.. :cuss:

Earthling
10-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Almost forgot...Surly wenches! :p

Phobia
10-01-2005, 09:10 AM
I don't think anybody should have their nails ripped out with pliers. I love everybody.

SCChief
10-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Parents who let their kids run wild through a public place, and then try to calm them down with such psychobabble as "Use your inside voice" or "Find your happy place".

Strange how my two are perfect angels in public. Respect for your parents will do that.

Saulbadguy
10-01-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm assuming DenverChief is a waiter at a prison. Rough job.

Earthling
10-01-2005, 09:14 AM
I don't think anybody should have their nails ripped out with pliers. I love everybody.
What tool would you use?

Bwana
10-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Parents who let their kids run wild through a public place,

No doubt. We went out to get something to eat last night and some strokestick thought it was cute to place and remove his hand from his 2 year olds mouth while Jr was was doing the Awwwwwwwwwwwwww sound. It sounded something like AWWW AWWWW AWWW AWWWW AWWW. This went on for about 10 minutes. Everyone in the place was looking at the moron like he was on crack.

Phobia
10-01-2005, 09:29 AM
What tool would you use?

I think a graco sprayer would inject enough paint into the skin underneath the toe that the nail would just pop off. That would be vastly superior to rusty pliers. Less messy blood, too.

chiefsfaninNC
10-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Al Davis. John Elway. Hillary Clinton. Terrell Owens. Please pull out TO's nails before Sundays game.

Earthling
10-01-2005, 09:39 AM
I think a graco sprayer would inject enough paint into the skin underneath the toe that the nail would just pop off. That would be vastly superior to rusty pliers. Less messy blood, too.
As long as its latex...That oil based stuff doesn't mix with the blood.

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Anyone who drives so much slower than the posted speed that they create a hazard, and or exceedingly long lines of traffic behind them.. :cuss:

Oh man how about those that drive 15-20 over the speed limit and expect you to move out of their way in the laft lane when you are still passing the slower traffic at a good clip

Eleazar
10-01-2005, 09:58 AM
My neighbor and his thumping bass

Phobia
10-01-2005, 10:06 AM
Oh man how about those that drive 15-20 over the speed limit and expect you to move out of their way in the laft lane when you are still passing the slower traffic at a good clip

Get the hell out of the way. You're just begging to get rammed in the ass.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2005, 10:07 AM

Somehow I don't think he wants to get out of the way if that is the case.

Rain Man
10-01-2005, 10:19 AM
On the driving issue, I'll add people who think that they're good at driving just because they're driving faster than other drivers. Tip to them: driving is not hard. Sixteen year-old kids can drive. Eighty year-old women can drive. Just because you're stepping on the gas harder than intelligent people doesn't mean that you're a good driver.

Phobia
10-01-2005, 10:21 AM
On the driving issue, I'll add people who think that they're good at driving just because they're driving faster than other drivers. Tip to them: driving is not hard. Sixteen year-old kids can drive. Eighty year-old women can drive. Just because you're stepping on the gas harder than intelligent people doesn't mean that you're a good driver.

What in the hell do you know?

Rain Man
10-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Oh. Here's another one. People who talk incessantly and interrupt other people. I was at a networking event the other day, and having a nice conversation, and this dude came walking up and just started talking right over the top of me. The fellow's ears were just decorative.

Rain Man
10-01-2005, 10:26 AM
What in the hell do you know?

Okay, you caught me.

Phobia
10-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Oh. Here's another one. People who talk incessantly and interrupt other people. I was at a networking event the other day, and having a nice conver

Can I get a witness?

Hammock Parties
10-01-2005, 10:27 AM
You know, some days, it would just feel really ****ing good to open up on a bustling crowd of humanity with a full clip from an AK-47.

Demonpenz
10-01-2005, 10:30 AM
how about anyone who lives in the us and doesn't speak english

Phobia
10-01-2005, 10:35 AM

That doesn't bother me. I offer a grace period. If they've lived here more than 2 years, they better speak better than broken English, IMO.

Rain Man
10-01-2005, 10:37 AM
That doesn't bother me. I offer a grace period. If they've lived here more than 2 years, they better speak better than broken English, IMO.

Do you make exceptions for native citizens who want to be sportswriters?

Demonpenz
10-01-2005, 10:38 AM

The spanish doesn't bother me because more often than not I can understand some of it and frankly it's probably my fault I haven't learned spanish . I get alittle peeved when there is a 4 car pileup though and they all speak a different language.

Simplex3
10-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Parents who let their kids run wild through a public place, and then try to calm them down with such psychobabble as "Use your inside voice" or "Find your happy place".

Strange how my two are perfect angels in public. Respect for your parents will do that.
I use the "inside voice" bit with my kids, but they know it's the warning before the ass-beating so it works.

Phobia
10-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Do you make exceptions for native citizens who want to be sportswriters?

It depend on if it belong to chiefplanet or if it belong to them in kansas but if it do it do.

nychief
10-01-2005, 10:44 AM
How about anybody who is not american!

Git-R-done!!!

Simplex3
10-01-2005, 10:45 AM
...and the fools who protest against making English our official language. WTF?

Demonpenz
10-01-2005, 10:46 AM
It's wierd how everyone agrees to beat and keep their kids in line, but there are still tons of little ones out there still screaming and acting up. It must be a case where alot of parents say their kids "know better!" then when it comes time to put something on their ass kennison style they don't

Demonpenz
10-01-2005, 10:48 AM
...and the fools who protest against making English our official language. WTF?

the english thing doesn't piss me off half as much as anything else, but it came to mind first. I don't think about what really pisses me off because I am mentally unstable.

Simplex3
10-01-2005, 10:49 AM
It's wierd how everyone agrees to beat and keep their kids in line, but there are still tons of little ones out there still screaming and acting up. It must be a case where alot of parents say their kids "know better!" then when it comes time to put something on their ass kennison style they don't
I rarely have to actually deliver the spanking because the threat is enough. Once every six months or more. The trick is to warn them before they cross the line, then do it without fail when they cross that line.

Rain Man
10-01-2005, 10:50 AM
People who ask you for a market research proposal and they need it fast and so you spend 12 hours on a weekend putting it together and then you send it off and you never hear from them again and when you call to check on the status they don't call you back and then you call them again a month later and they don't call you back and then you e-mail them and they don't return the e-mail and you never know if they hired someone or if they didn't have any money or what the deal was.

Mr. Krab
10-01-2005, 10:51 AM
women who don't do oral :)

Demonpenz
10-01-2005, 10:52 AM
I rarely have to actually deliver the spanking because the threat is enough. Once every six months or more. The trick is to warn them before they cross the line, then do it without fail when they cross that line.

Everyone here is probably good you know exept some of the days when the kids are really bad, but I have never met anyone that just lets their kids do what they want. I guess i would have a hard time not saying something.

Phobia
10-01-2005, 10:53 AM
People who ask you for a market research proposal and they need it fast and so you spend 12 hours on a weekend putting it together and then you send it off and you never hear from them again and when you call to check on the status they don't call you back and then you call them again a month later and they don't call you back and then you e-mail them and they don't return the e-mail and you never know if they hired someone or if they didn't have any money or what the deal was.

I thought you were the one who owed me a phone call....

Phobia
10-01-2005, 10:54 AM
women who don't do oral :)

You must be new. We don't talk like that here at ChiefsPlanet. Consider yourself warned.

Demonpenz
what about people who have to prove they are a man every five seconds by talking about pit bulls, guns, blowing up shit, or lifting weights.

Simplex3
You have no idea how often this happens in software development. I've started thowing out big damn numbers at the end of the first phone call just to scare off the fools with no money. Everyone else is pleasantly suprised when they get the actual bid and it's less than that number. I don't generally have people ask for bids over the weekend, though.

Rain Man
People who get mad if you grab their loud, bratty kid in public and scream right in the child's face, "SHUT YOUR FREAKING PIE HOLE, YOU GENETICALLY ABHORRENT MONKEY-FACED OFFSPRING OF INVERTEBRATES! SANTA'S DEAD! HE'S DEAD!"

Simplex3
10-01-2005, 10:55 AM
You must be new. We don't talk like that here at ChiefsPlanet. Consider yourself warned.
ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-01-2005, 10:56 AM
I've started thowing out big damn numbers at the end of the first phone call just to scare off the fools with no money. Everyone else is pleasantly suprised when they get the actual bid and it's less than that number.

Ok, Scotty.

Simplex3
10-01-2005, 10:57 AM
How about the customer/boss who calls another three hour meeting to endlessly discuss why the project is behind, then uses that meeting to set up a daily one hour meeting and a weekly three hour meeting so that they can keep on top of the progress?

Simplex3
10-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Ok, Scotty.
Who's Scotty?

Hammock Parties
10-01-2005, 10:58 AM

Indeed. The proper "nome de plume" (literally, 'language of the gods') is:

BITCHES WHO WON'T GIVE BLOWJOBS

Hammock Parties
10-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Who's Scotty?

http://www.vancouverhistory.ca/images/doohan.jpg

Phobia
10-01-2005, 10:59 AM
How about the customer/boss who calls another three hour meeting to endlessly discuss why the project is behind, then uses that meeting to set up a daily one hour meeting and a weekly three hour meeting so that they can keep on top of the progress?

I had a customer bitch at me today because "I'm procrastinating" and in the next breath asked me to reschedule a 9:00 AM Monday morning concrete pour because she's unavailable to be there....

Mr. Krab
10-01-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm not that new, nobody is that new. ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Scotty *was* a miracle worker -- he really DID accomplish engineering miracles when the ship was in mortal danger -- and always did it in less time than it would take any other engineer.

In ST:III he made a joke that he exaggerates estimates to Kirk, "Certainly, sir. How else can I keep my reputation as a miracle worker?"

But it was a *joke*! In a ST:TNG episode they had Scotty declare that he regularly exaggerated and lied about estimates only to make himself look better.

Rain Man
10-01-2005, 11:02 AM
The inventor of the slightly padded bra.

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 11:04 AM

Why so I can stop a couple of miles up the road and give first aid to the person you damn near killed with your wreckless driving?

Sorry ...

Rain Man
10-01-2005, 11:05 AM
People at concerts or games who make that really loud, ear-splitting whistle.

Mr. Rat Fink
10-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Any American company that outsources their 1-800 customer service representatives to India.

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Any American company that outsources their 1-800 customer service representatives to India.:banghead:

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 11:21 AM

ROFL sounds like a committee

a bunch of people that sit around and talk about what needs to be done but actually gets nothing done

Simplex3
10-01-2005, 11:23 AM
ROFL sounds like a committee

a bunch of people that sit around and talk about what needs to be done but actually gets nothing done
Worse. These guys feel the need to take productive employees/contractors and suck them into the vortex of s**t too.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-01-2005, 11:26 AM
i think i got in to this tread a bit late and ya'll got all the toenails ripped out of everybody i wanted to get, but since they are all still tied up i will show them how to floss with piano wire

mlyonsd
10-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Anyone that bitches about something but doesn't have an answer when you ask them how they would fix the situation.

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Anyone that bitches about something but doesn't have an answer when you ask them how they would fix the situation.

Mandatory 20% tips and tough love :harumph:

Rain Man
10-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Dominatrixes who just mail it in.

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Dominatrixes who just mail it in.

:spock:

mlyonsd
10-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Mandatory 20% tips and tough love :harumph:

I have absolutely no problem walking away without tipping if the service sucked or the server was rude and impolite.

Conversly, it is typical for me to tip more than 20% if the experience was good.

Mr. Rat Fink
10-01-2005, 11:48 AM
I have absolutely no problem walking away without tipping if the service sucked or the server was rude and impolite.

Conversly, it is typical for me to tip more than 20% if the experience was good.

What about when the tip is already included in the bill? That is what pisses me off.

go bo
10-01-2005, 11:56 AM

Conversly, it is typical for me to tip more than 20% if the experience was good.heh, back in '69, i went to a nice restaurant in atlanta with my sister and mom and we got really shitty service from a prissy waiter who seemed to have a pickle up his ass...

my sister, who had lived in new york for several years, mentioned her dissatisfaction with the lousy service to the waiter and then he got all pissy to her (big mistake)...

out of concern for my mother's well being, my sister did not openly castigate the guy while we were eating, as she would have normally done...

instead, on a tab of well over a hundred dollars, she put two pennies on the table for a tip...

the waiter went ballistic and chased us into the lobby of the restuarant as we were leaving (sounds like kcchiefsman, doesn't it?)...

i don't remember exactly what my sister said, but it had something to do with forks and self stimulation of the rectal area...

then as she was stepping forward to slap this fool silly, the manager arrived and sent the poor boy scurrying back inside...

apologies, etc. followed...

but the best part of it all was the look on that waiter's face as he threw the two pennies in my sister's general direction...

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 12:02 PM

90% of the time it's that the tipper is just a cheap a$$

Rain Man
10-01-2005, 12:20 PM
I was considering making this its own thread, but it's more of a fit here. We went out to a very nice restaurant last night as a bit of a celebration for a good week.

While we were at our table, the waitress for the table behind me came up with a tray of stuff for them. Standing right behind me, she started to lower the tray, but somehow caught a corner of it on my shoulder. She lost control of it, and it came down like one of those big alien ships in Independence Day. After the dust had settled, FEMA came out and judged that I had taken a bunch of hot espresso onto my back. It didn't burn too bad, though, and the worst part was getting it all over my white shirt.

The manager came out and apologized, and I was thinking, "Oh yeah, free expensive dinner." After we politely accepted his apology, he started to walk off and I was about to get ticked. Then he remembered and said, "Hey, how about if we buy you dessert?" I'm not sure that an $8 dessert necessarily makes up for being an innocent victim of a brutal espresso attack, but it was enough that I didn't get ticked off. I still would've rather had a free expensive meal, but that was probably expecting a bit too much, I guess.

stumppy
10-01-2005, 12:21 PM
You know, some days, it would just feel really ****ing good to open up on a bustling crowd of humanity with a full clip from an AK-47.

The Planet money line is running 2-1 before you turn 30.

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 12:23 PM
I was considering making this its own thread, but it's more of a fit here. We went out to a very nice restaurant last night as a bit of a celebration for a good week.

While we were at our table, the waitress for the table behind me came up with a tray of stuff for them. Standing right behind me, she started to lower the tray, but somehow caught a corner of it on my shoulder. She lost control of it, and it came down like one of those big alien ships in Independence Day. After the dust had settled, FEMA came out and judged that I had taken a bunch of hot espresso onto my back. It didn't burn too bad, though, and the worst part was getting it all over my white shirt.

The manager came out and apologized, and I was thinking, "Oh yeah, free expensive dinner." After we politely accepted his apology, he started to walk off and I was about to get ticked. Then he remembered and said, "Hey, how about if we buy you dessert?" I'm not sure that an $8 dessert necessarily makes up for being an innocent victim of a brutal espresso attack, but it was enough that I didn't get ticked off. I still would've rather had a free expensive meal, but that was probably expecting a bit too much, I guess.

What restaurant was this at?

nychief
10-01-2005, 12:24 PM

Perkin's

KcMizzou
10-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Perkin's8 bucks would probably buy a lot of dessert at Perkin's.

Rain Man
10-01-2005, 12:27 PM

Sullivan's Steakhouse.

Other than the espresso attack, we were very impressed. I'd go back.

nychief
10-01-2005, 12:29 PM
8 bucks would probably buy a lot of dessert at Perkin's.

You bet your ass, bottomless cup of coffee. That ****er almost killed me high school.

Mr. Rat Fink
10-01-2005, 12:30 PM

Sounds like the Trenchcoat Mafia has infiltrated the Planet.

Phobia
10-01-2005, 02:21 PM
"Hey, how about if we buy you dessert?"

I'm not certain dessert is going to even cover the replacement cost on my shirt, much less the skin grafts on my back. How many desserts do suppose an ambulance ride to the nearest hospital costs?

Skip Towne
10-01-2005, 04:03 PM
I am yet to figure out why I'm expected to pay someone elses' employees.

Mosbonian
10-01-2005, 05:12 PM

I call :BS: on this....

mmaddog

SCChief
10-01-2005, 05:52 PM
I use the "inside voice" bit with my kids, but they know it's the warning before the ass-beating so it works.

THAT I can respect. Because when you say it, your children calm down. It is those who say it but don't back it up with action.

SCChief
10-01-2005, 05:59 PM

It only took me actually laying the smack down on them in public once. They were so embarassed... I don't even have to threaten them anymore. A sharp glance cuts them down without me having to say a word.

jAZ
10-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Anyone who voted for Bush twice.

Rip'em both out if they are still defending his administration today.

JOhn
10-01-2005, 06:56 PM

Anybody who still whinning about the last 2 elections :shake:

jAZ
10-01-2005, 06:57 PM
I am yet to figure out why I'm expected to pay someone elses' employees.
Meaningless technicality, you pay them either way.

It's just that tipping allows for variable compensation at the descretion of the customer based on performance of that specific transaction.

It actually puts more control in the hands of the customer (rather than the owner), which is a great thing for the customer.

jAZ
10-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Anybody who still whinning about the last 2 elections :shake:
I'm not complaining about the elections, I'm complaining about the person they elected (who is still in power).

I guess mine are safe (whew!).

DenverChief
10-01-2005, 07:10 PM

mmaddog

ok:shrug:

Rausch
10-01-2005, 07:13 PM
What about when the tip is already included in the bill? That is what pisses me off.

I'm not paying more than $20 for anything that turns to $#it in 4 hours...

Skip Towne
10-01-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm not paying more than $20 for anything that turns to $#it in 4 hours...
Rainman paid $135. What a chump.

JOhn
10-01-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm not complaining about the elections, I'm complaining about the person they elected (who is still in power).

I guess mine are safe (whew!).
:rolleyes:

I was thinking of an appropriate reply, but you said it best

"Meaningless technicality"

:p

Rausch
10-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Rainman paid $135. What a chump.

This is also the man who drives around in a colon colored BMW...

milkman
10-01-2005, 07:44 PM
People on bicycles that can't seem to grasp the concept of riding to the right of the line that separates the bike lane from traffic lanes.

The person that invented the bathroom sinks that require that you hold the faucet to keep the water running.

The person that invented the air hand dryer.

listopencil
10-01-2005, 09:44 PM

You're taking the death of the political sub-forum pretty hard, aren't you.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Sounds like the Trenchcoat Mafia has infiltrated the Planet.

I love a good bloodbath.

Halfcan
10-01-2005, 11:27 PM
How about people who answer their cel phones in the middle of a conversation with you. I was on a date and having a great time, and she answered her cel like I was not there. What, are you supposed to just freeze in time, like on pause. I got up and left after about five minutes of being ignored. A half hour later she called my cel and wondered what the hell was going on, and if I was coming back, I said hang on a second I have another call and turned my phone off. Needless to say we didn't have a second date, but I left full with money still in my wallet.

|Zach|
10-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Indeed.

|Zach|
10-01-2005, 11:44 PM

mmaddog
I have had the same experience during my time serving.

Halfcan
10-01-2005, 11:48 PM
How much time did you serve?

Bez
10-01-2005, 11:53 PM
prosecutors and law officers who have an unacceptably high rate of sending innocent people to Prison.Especially in child molestation and rape cases.

|Zach|
10-01-2005, 11:55 PM
How much time did you serve?
Serving tables...

go bo
10-01-2005, 11:57 PM
I have had the same experience during my time serving.me too...

Rausch
10-02-2005, 12:10 AM
I have had the same experience during my time serving.

I also serve.

And take your money.

And I'm your waiter.

And I make the ****ing food as well.

If I **** your dinner up I don't expect a tip. They didn't get the service they should have and (if it is my mistake) I shouldn't be rewarded for doing a $#it job.

**** waiters, their job is cake. Tip your BARTENDER. That poor bastard has a worse time than you and me together...

|Zach|
10-02-2005, 12:11 AM
I also serve.

And take your money.

And I'm your waiter.

And I make the ****ing food as well.

If I **** your dinner up I don't expect a tip. They didn't get the service they should have and (if it is my mistake) I shouldn't be rewarded for doing a $#it job.

**** waiters, their job is cake. Tip your BARTENDER. That poor bastard has a worse time than you and me together...
I guess...depends on the place...

Serving food was much more of a task and slinging drinks at the country club.

At some college joint the bartender does more crap but not that much more.

:hmmm:

Rausch
10-02-2005, 12:17 AM
I guess...depends on the place...

Serving food was much more of a task and slinging drinks at the country club.

At some college joint the bartender does more crap but not that much more.

:hmmm:

Oh, any work at a country club isn't work. I've done that as well. Looking back, it was cake.

But then I don't go to "clubs." I go to a bar.

|Zach|
10-02-2005, 12:22 AM
Oh, any work at a country club isn't work. I've done that as well. Looking back, it was cake.

But then I don't go to "clubs." I go to a bar.
I have no idea where you are hanging out but I couldn't disagree with you more.

Rausch
10-02-2005, 12:24 AM
I have no idea where you are hanging out but I couldn't disagree with you more.

I worked at the Jeff City country club for 3 years. Now, that's not a huge CC. I'm sure one outside of KC, about 20x larger, would get to be a pain in the azz quickly.

People with more money than sense get old quick.

DJJasonp
10-02-2005, 12:25 AM
People who cant seem to get their sh#t together in line at the grocery store.....cant get their atm card to go through...their frequent shopper card, etc etc.

In that same vein...when you're in line at a fast food place and the person in front of you is ordering and looking up at the menu like they've never been to McDonalds before and they have absolutely no idea what they would like for lunch. Hey jackass....it's burgers and fries....order, pay, end of freakin' story!

|Zach|
10-02-2005, 12:29 AM
I worked at the Jeff City country club for 3 years. Now, that's not a huge CC. I'm sure one outside of KC, about 20x larger, would get to be a pain in the azz quickly.

People with more money than sense get old quick.
I agree with that totally...

How does that support your bartenders work THAT much harder than people serving food when it comes to those places.

Phobia
10-02-2005, 12:32 AM
People who cant seem to get their sh#t together in line at the grocery store.....cant get their atm card to go through...their frequent shopper card, etc etc.

In that same vein...when you're in line at a fast food place and the person in front of you is ordering and looking up at the menu like they've never been to McDonalds before and they have absolutely no idea what they would like for lunch. Hey jackass....it's burgers and fries....order, pay, end of freakin' story!

Allow me to add people who write checks... for something that costs $2.28.

It costs me more money than that to stand in line behind you while you search through your damn purse to find a pen and a checkbook, determine today's date and what store you're currently in... blah blah blah

Here's $2.28 in cash, I bought your damn thumbtacks and cottonballs now get the **** out of my way.

go bo
10-02-2005, 12:33 AM
alright alright...

can't we just all get along? :deevee:

luv
10-02-2005, 12:35 AM
Allow me to add people who write checks... for something that costs $2.28.

It costs me more money than that to stand in line behind you while you search through your damn purse to find a pen and a checkbook, determine today's date and what store you're currently in... blah blah blah

Here's $2.28 in cash, I bought your damn thumbtacks and cottonballs now get the **** out of my way.
Remind me not cut you guys off in traffic. You might murder me!

I hate it when people do that. They are in this great big hurry to pull out in front of you when there's no one even remotely close behind you. Once they've pulled out, they are intent on going 5 mph under the speed limit! :cuss:

|Zach|
10-02-2005, 12:35 AM
Ha.

Phobia
10-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Remind me not cut you guys off in traffic. You might murder me!

That's right. Don't ever forget it either. Spread the word.

Rausch
10-02-2005, 12:38 AM
I agree with that totally...

How does that support your bartenders work THAT much harder than people serving food when it comes to those places.

Because in the bars I go to they're still stupid, only they're also drunk as piss, violent, damn near broke, and often afraid of the shower.

So those bartenders don't make much and put up with even more bull$#it.

Rausch
10-02-2005, 12:39 AM
That's right. Don't ever forget it either. Spread the word.

People who drive in the passing lane for 30 ****ing miles directly across from another car in the slow lane need to be castrated, THEN shot.

Buckwheats...

Phobia
10-02-2005, 12:40 AM
People who drive in the passing lane for 30 ****ing miles directly across from another car in the slow lane need to be castrated, THEN shot.

Buckwheats...

That hasn't happened in front of me recently.

luv
10-02-2005, 12:46 AM
That hasn't happened in front of me recently.
Cheater.

Rain Man
10-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Meaningless technicality, you pay them either way.

It's just that tipping allows for variable compensation at the descretion of the customer based on performance of that specific transaction.

It actually puts more control in the hands of the customer (rather than the owner), which is a great thing for the customer.

Your argument would be valid except for the fact that wait staff EXPECT a 20 percent tip now. It's not variable compensation if you're afraid to go back into the restaurant if you tip less than that.

I despise this whole tipping thing. Just pay the people what their labor is worth, and stop coercing me to do it.

Skip Towne
10-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Your argument would be valid except for the fact that wait staff EXPECT a 20 percent tip now. It's not variable compensation if you're afraid to go back into the restaurant if you tip less than that.

I despise this whole tipping thing. Just pay the people what their labor is worth, and stop coercing me to do it.
Exactly right. I'm tired of the "My product costs X amount of dollars. No, wait, it's really 20% more than that". You pay your help and I'll pay mine.

DenverChief
08-29-2007, 01:39 PM
anyone named Barry Bonds

would have been nice prior to the HR record :cuss:

oh and an oldie but goodie thread :D

ChiefsFan4Life
08-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Carl Peterson

Planetman
08-29-2007, 01:42 PM
People who dig up 2 year old threads. *ahem* :)

DenverChief
08-29-2007, 01:43 PM
People who dig up 2 year old threads. *ahem* :)

LMAO this is good blackmail material get with the program

Planetman
08-29-2007, 01:45 PM
LMAO this is good blackmail material get with the program
Oh. My bad, ... and all that rot. :p

Inspector
08-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Everyone here is probably good you know exept some of the days when the kids are really bad, but I have never met anyone that just lets their kids do what they want. I guess i would have a hard time not saying something.

I let my kids do whatever they want.

hehe...like I could stop them.

I have 5 boys. And all of them are bigger than me.

Dremel
08-29-2007, 02:46 PM
People who Kill animals for pure entertainment

jjchieffan
08-29-2007, 03:06 PM
OIL COMPANY EXECS

KCChiefsMan
08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
people that can't hold their liquor and act like idiots at bars