PDA

View Full Version : FFL question

Shag
10-02-2005, 08:32 AM
I don't normally bring my FFL questions here, but I'm really struggling with a decision today. I'm in desperate need of a win in my big money league - I'm currently 0-3. :(

I drafted Trent as my primary QB, and thought I got a great deal on him at auction. Unfortunately, he's cost my team two wins so far. :( I have E. Manning on the bench behind him.

Trent vs Philly
Manning vs StL

Who should I start? Manning has a much better matchup, and has performed better so far this season. We all know Trent's situation today. I'm leaning towards starting Manning, but that just makes me feel dirty...

OmahaChief
10-02-2005, 08:44 AM
My play would be Manning.

The Rams will score and potentially make this game a shoot out which bodes well for Manning and the passing game. Buress and Shockey are playing well for Manning and are catching everything thrown their way.

The Rams are 27th in pass defense and the Eagles are 8th.

The Chief O-Line should be tested in pass protection today and with the running game a little off pace the play action is not as effective.

patteeu
10-02-2005, 08:55 AM
I'd go Manning.

PHOG
10-02-2005, 10:49 AM
With apologies to Trent, I would start Manning...he looks like he's getting a clue this year.

CosmicPal
10-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Eagles are one of the most blitzing of D's in the league. They will continue to blitz often, taking advantage of Roaf and Welbourne both being gone.

It is no surprise that a few teams have been very successful running the ball against the Eagles, and I expect KC to emphasize the running game.

Add in the fact that Manning had a great game last week- he'll only be building upon that confidence against a team weak against the pass.

So, I'd play Green. J/K...Start Manning. (I will be starting him in one of my leagues- over Brady)

patteeu
10-02-2005, 01:37 PM
I hope you took our advice. Manning is having a nice day. I'd love to see Trent top it, but I don't think that's a good bet today. Maybe when the O-line is back intact.

Shag
10-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I did end up starting Manning, and very glad I did. :) I was leaning that way, but needed convincing - it just felt so wrong, lol. Thanks for the advice, fellas!