PDA

View Full Version : Offense deserves a good portion of the blame

PunkinDrublic
10-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Talk about completely shutting it down. You give any team that many chances to score by going 3 and out 6 and out as many times as we did and eventually they are going to score. When Mcnabb threw that interception it was our opportunity to put together a long sustained drive and get a touchdown. We had Mcnabb rushing his throws and throwing incomplete passes at one point but then we gave him plenty of opportunities to find his rhythem and beat us. The defense is still a work in progress but still could have played better though.

the Talking Can
10-02-2005, 05:57 PM
I didn't notice..I was too busy celebrating being 2-2...

HemiEd
10-02-2005, 05:59 PM
I would say the offense deserves most of the blame and mostly Larry Johson.

siberian khatru
10-02-2005, 06:01 PM
They deserve all the blame, IMO.

They turned the ball over twice in the 1st half, which changed the game.

They failed to even really move the ball after the 1st quarter (until garbage time).

The D did a good job shutting down Westbrook. I knew McNabb and TO would get their yards. They always do. But if our O does its job, we absorb those blows and win.

the Talking Can
10-02-2005, 06:03 PM
everyone deserves blame...good D's don't give up that many points, at home, to a gimp QP, and a team that didn't even try to run

the offense was terrible..end of story

DV is clueless and his teams play like it

Gunther is so lost and outclassed it is scary..we were covering TO with a LB....repeatedly

wolfpack0735
10-02-2005, 06:06 PM
i beleive its 30/30/30. 30% offense,30% defense,30% coaching. so the word suckie can be divided three ways.

FringeNC
10-02-2005, 06:06 PM
I thought everyone was blaming the offense. The one thing that seems obvious is that this is the same old defense, and when the O isn't dominant, we lose. The O wasn't very good, and we lost.

So much for the genius of Gunther and the talent infusion. The front four sucks, and Gunther sucks even more. His tenure has been a total disaster.

It seems that the Chiefs' offensive juggernaut was solely a product of the dominant O line. Now that it is nothing special, our O is average at best. And we have the worst WRs in the league. And Priest is nothing special without that dominant O line.

One question regarding the play calling...we don't we use our running backs any more in the passing game?

PunkinDrublic
10-02-2005, 06:07 PM
everyone deserves blame...good D's don't give up that many points, at home, to a gimp QP, and a team that didn't even try to run

the offense was terrible..end of story

DV is clueless and his teams play like it

Gunther is so lost and outclassed it is scary..we were covering TO with a LB....repeatedly

If you have as many chances against a defense like ours eventually you're going to score. You can't tell me that the defense didn't give us some opportunities to put the game away. The offense stalling after the Mcnabb interception was unforgiveable.

B_Ambuehl
10-02-2005, 06:12 PM
What happened to the offense was Philly started sending people up to jam the line, pressure the quarterback, and jump the short passing game, which is what produced the yards in the first quarter. That effectively killed the running game and the short passing game and neither of the offensive tackles could protect long enough to afford Trent enough time to get the ball down the field. The only thing responsible for the offenses inability to produce from where I sat was the inability of either of the offensive tackles to get a block. Same as last week against Denver. Bring Roaf back and you improved that by 50%.

PunkinDrublic
10-02-2005, 06:13 PM
I thought everyone was blaming the offense. The one thing that seems obvious is that this is the same old defense, and when the O isn't dominant, we lose. The O wasn't very good, and we lost.

So much for the genius of Gunther and the talent infusion. The front four sucks, and Gunther sucks even more. His tenure has been a total disaster.

It seems that the Chiefs' offensive juggernaut was solely a product of the dominant O line. Now that it is nothing special, our O is average at best. And we have the worst WRs in the league. And Priest is nothing special without that dominant O line.

One question regarding the play calling...we don't we use our running backs any more in the passing game?

The offense didn't have to be dominant for us to win that game. All they had to do was sustain a few long drives put some points on the board and not turn the ball over. The offense stalled time after time and gave the Eagles chance after chance to score.